Black Rose

Per -starsailor

"she was a rose in the hands of those who had no intention of keeping her." - Rupi Kaur. Started: August 6, 2... M茅s

Prelude.
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
Postlude.
New Book.

22.

8.2K 572 760
Per -starsailor

The last of my boxes were finally packed. I have two more days to leave, but I still have no where to go. I always tried to push that to the back of my brain, but it always crept up on me while I was trying to sleep at night.

"Majesty, you'll be good." Alex tried to reassure me as he wrapped his arms around my petite body. My eyes remained shut as he rubbed my arms.

"I have no where to go.." My voice was so shaky it seemed as if I were going to cry. Who wouldn't cry?! I knew I couldn't stay with Alex, he made that clear.

"I can take Ford for you, but you can't stay with me."

I suddenly remembered the room he had under the floor. "Why can Ford stay with you but not me?" I'm honestly confused about this.

"It's complicated." He murmured.

Speaking of Ford, I have to take him to the vet. He has these random scratch marks on his stomach and he suddenly growls at everyone. Not just males, everyone.

"Goodnight Princeton." I turned my back to him and attempted to get comfortable.

Alex's grip on me tightened as he roughly turned me around so I could face him. I slightly winced as his nails dug into my skin. "Don't put your back to me."

"Sorry.."

Moving out day came faster than I expected it to. Instead of taking my furniture and everything, I decided to just get my clothes, shoes, and other important things that mean a lot of me.

My head leaned on the window of the car as my eyes observed all of the flashing lights. The lights were making my eyes hurt.

Music played quietly from Alex's phone. Night rides with music is everything.

I like being alone
I'm out here, spend plenty of time on your own
Cause the city ain't kind
Other people who sign up for judgin' but can't take no
Complacent.

Eventually he pulled into a parking lot of a big, fancy hotel. Alex grabbed my two giant suitcases filled with clothes and shoes while I grabbed the duffle bag that had my important stuff. I had to put the rest of my stuff in storage.

After kissing Ford goodbye we headed in the hotel lobby. I sat in one of the comfy chairs while Alex checked me in.

What would I do without him?

A few minutes later we were in the elevator going up to the top floor, which happens to be thirty-three.

"Wow." My eyes darted around the room. The carpet was red and the walls were a cream color. The bed has to be a king size bed, it's huge. A huge flatscreen tv hung on the wall. I made my way towards the window and moved back the curtains. The view from up here is amazing, but deadly.

"I'll be back in the morning." Alex spoke as he sat my things down. I tore my eyes away from the window and thanked him. He hummed something similar to 'thank you'. "Goodnight." He pulled me in for a tight hug that made me feel warm inside.

"Goodnight." I smiled as my eyes locked with his. My chin rested on his chest while I looked up at him. "I love you."

"Love you too baby girl." He pecked my lips.

I pouted as the door shut behind him.

I just don't understand why I can't stay with him but Ford can. I've spent the night with him before.

A quiet laugh left my lips as I started the bath water. "Maybe his place is dirty right now."

Once the water was full I stripped out of my clothes and lowered myself in the steaming water. Although steam was coming from the water, it wasn't that hot. Or maybe I'm just used to it. As my eyes shut I slid down lower into the water. My hand clutched my phone as I clicked decline on an incoming call from my 'dad'. Not even a minute later my phone vibrated because I received a text from him.

Father: Ignoring us will only hurt you Anne. No matter what, we'll always be your parents. Stop acting like the teenage you. -8:37 p.m.

My eyes squeezed shut as I screamed and threw my phone across the bathroom. I heard the glass screen on my phone shatter, but that's the least of my worries right now.

"Stop acting like the teenage you? The hell is that supposed to mean?!"

I completely disregarded washing my body. I let the water out of the tub and wrapped one of the clean towels that the hotel provided around my body. I brushed my phone out of my mind and went straight to the bedroom to get dressed.

Everyone just loves to annoy me.

When will I ever catch a break?

When afternoon rolled around, I laid in bed with a heavy mind. Alex didn't show up in the morning like he said he would.

I just want to know if he's okay.

Just as I was about to force myself to sleep I heard my phone ringing from the bathroom floor. Huffing, I forced myself out of bed. A low sigh left my lips when I saw my shattered screen. A wave of regret washed over me, but I attempted to push it to the side for now.

My eyes squinted as I tried to read the words on the terribly cracked phone screen.

One missed call from Jermaine.

Unlocking my phone, I went straight to my messages since he had also texted me.

Jermaine: It's not snowing or raining today, tryna do this photoshoot? -2:30 p.m.

I replied with an 'okay' and told him I'll be ready in one hour.

I already have an idea of what I want to wear.

My fingers tugged at the shorts I had on. Freezing is an understatement. Although it isn't raining or snowing, the sun isn't out and there's a slight breeze.

The large Don't Feed the Animals jacket I'm wearing is only warming my arms. The rest of my body feels like a popsicle.

I squinted as Jermaine called my name. Instead of him responding again I saw a flash come from his camera.

"Look at this." He chuckled. "Giving Lisa Bonet vibes."

He towered over me as I stood next to him. He pressed few buttons on the camera, making the picture he just took pop up.

"Swear she's your long lost mom or some shit." Jermaine chuckled.

"I wish." I murmur low enough for him not to hear.

"Aight, just do whatever you want." He encouraged.

I frown. "Like what?" I never did this before and I probably look stiff. I don't even like taking pictures so this is very uncomfortable. He continued to just take random pictures of me instead of replying.

"Okay.." He trailed off while biting his lip. "Put one hand in your pocket, flip your hair to the side and act as if you're walking towards me."

"I- what?"

Jermaine put his camera around his neck before tending to me. First he placed my hands how he wanted them. I flipped my hair to the side like he asked for. Jermaine then placed his hand on my side, causing me to jump slightly. He apologized lowly before moving my body the way he wanted it. His soft hands ran over my legs as he tried to position them also.

"There." His eyes trailed to mine. I awkwardly cleared my throat since I didn't feel comfortable with him so close to me. I guess he got the memo because he backed up. "Stay like that."

After an hour of my neck aching from different positions, it was finally time for me to change clothes. The rest of the photoshoot went by quickly since I was beginning to get a little bit comfortable being the center of attention.

"You should consider modeling for extra money. You're stunning Majesty." Jermaine smiled at me.

A blush crept on my cheeks from his compliment. "I don't think I'm that pretty or good at this like you're saying." I turned away due to embarrassment.

"I'm dead ass serious yo. I wouldn't lie to you." I turned back around, meeting his soft stare. "Does your man tell you how beautiful you are?"

"Huh?" I raised an eyebrow. "Why does it matter if he tells me or not? I don't think that's any of your business.."

Jermaine put his hands up in surrender. "My bad."

"Where were you?" I frowned as Alex walked in the hotel room. He held an envelope in one hand as he paced the room. "What's wrong? Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm cool." He breathed. His pacing came to a halt as his eyes met mine. "You love me right?" Furrowing my eyebrows, I gave a small nod. "And I love you. So I was thinking if we both love each other then why shouldn't we be together forever?!" He laughed as if he was going a little crazy. "Why not get married?!" He threw his arms in the air as he continued to laugh.

"Married?" I screwed my mouth up at the word. I don't even believe in marriage so why would I want to get married?

"Yeah, married. Elope." He confirmed. "I already got the plane tickets and everything."

"To Vegas?"

He shook his head and crawled between my legs. "Napa Valley."

"Oh." I bit my lip as I ran my fingers through his hair that was beginning to grow back. "Well, let's get married."

A smile spread across his face before his lips were placed on mine. "Let's get married." He repeated.

• • •

Thoughts? 🤔

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

41.2K 2K 45
****WARNING: THIS STORY INCLUDES MATURE CONTENT****
249K 1.7K 3
in the process of revamping, bare wimme na .
KALBE SAPLANAN OK Per Ebru

Novel路la juvenil

16.8M 649K 64
Bitmi艧 nefesi, biraz k谋r谋lgan sesi, Mavilikleri buz tutmu艧, Elleri nas谋rl谋, G枚zleri g枚zlerime kenetli; "陌yi ki girdin hayat谋ma." Diyor. Ellerim eller...
12.8K 402 26
(COMPLETE) Laila 16 her birthday in 2 months and she meets this boy name Jalen that's 22 she gets caught and has to move out because her ma don't al...