Midnight Shades

Da zeebooks

Behind an old tree she would sit and stare at him, admire his beauty and charm, hidden by the darkness of the... Altro

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
A Message.
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Surprise (1)
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Q&A?
Chapter 48
Q&A Answers!
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Surprise (2)
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Surprise (3)
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Epilogue
Thank You.
Winners and New Book.
Another Q&A?
Q&A Answers.
Bonus Chapter: Family
What Do You Think?

Chapter 63

569 43 58
Da zeebooks

"Just to let you know, I can't punch anyone." Lauren breathes heavily as I quickly put on the bulletproof jacket and tuck two guns in the belt, with another one in my hand.

"You killed Serena, Lauren." I say breathlessly, my anxiety rising from all the fire I see from the window. The sounds are horrible, guns and weapons and bombs, and the scene is just as horrible, if not worse.

I move around the room quickly and in a rush, putting knives in my boots and the pockets of the jacket, before I get an elastic and pull my hair up in a pony tail. I throw Lauren a gun that she catches with wide eyes and shaky hands.

"She was asleep, that's different." She says shakily, before I shake my head and pull her behind me out of the room.

"It's not," I say, just before we hear another bomb and we see the fire flaming in the air. I focus back on Lauren, hold her by the shoulders before saying, "They are weaker than you think. They don't understand what they're fighting us for, you can easily knock anyone of them out, and I will have your back just as you will have mine, okay?"

She draws in a deep breath as the sounds continue before nodding her head. "Yes, okay. I have got your back."

I shoot her a quick wink before we start our way towards the Sun gate. I keep my eyes focused on the area around us, making sure that there is no one around, or that we will be attacked. However, I lose my focus when I hear a really close shot behind me, making me turn around and stare at the dead body on the ground.

Lauren stands next to the woman on the ground, holding the gun with both of her hands.

"Lauren," I call out, but she doesn't reply. "Lauren!"

Her eyes shoot up to mine and I look firmly at her before saying, "We don't have time for thinking. You shoot and run, alright?"

She lowers her gun and nods before she starts walking to me, though I see someone's shadow from behind her and immediately raise my gun up, shooting the middle-aged man as soon as he comes to my view with a gun aimed at us. With the bullet between his eyebrows, he falls lifelessly on the ground, a few feet away from the woman that Lauren shot.

I clench my jaw before we continue our way to the Sun gate. Upon reaching it, I look up at the tiny camera and raise my index finger, signalling for them to open the gate. Zayn has his boys over the gates, which is an incredible privilege.

Two seconds is what it takes the guy to ope the gate, and in a second, we are out of the village. We walk cautiously but quickly, our minds and eyes and guns alerted to any close movements. Ten minutes into it, we hear a loud roar coming from our left, making me push Lauren behind me immediately before I aim my gun at whoever is coming.

A motorcycle comes to our view and I immediately recognise the person driving it. Aaliyah. She stops a few inches away from us and smiles as she asks, "Need a ride?"

"Who told you I'm coming?" I question her.

"Missy, who else?" She laughs and I smirk. Only Missy, I swear.

I nod for Lauren to follow and we hop on the motorcycle behind Aaliyah, making her rush off in the forest. It takes us less than fifteen minutes to reach Alfredo, and once we do, I tell Aaliyah to stop here, before we hop off the motorcycle.

We hide behind Alfredo and I peak my head out, sucking in a deep breath once I see four men walking towards Louis' parlour. Shit, shit, shit, they are too close to him, and I can't let them hurt him. I can't.

But that's not it, there are more men, lurking around the area. It can't just be them.

I turn to them and say, "Aaliyah, you go to the village with Lauren and help them, they need it desperately."

"I can't go to the village suddenly, I'll cause a distraction." She tells me and I curse, remembering that no one knows that she's alive yet.

"You two follow me, and be careful." I warn them and Lauren nods while Aaliyah rolls her eyes.

I look back at the four men, and aim my gun at the one who is now in front of Louis' parlour. I pull the trigger, and watch as the other men take theirs out and start looking around them.
Carefully, I shoot another one, sending him dead to the ground. Before I shoot the third one, Lauren does, and I nod at her, silently thanking her.

The fourth man sees me, however, and instead of shooting or something, he gives me a devilish smirk, which bothers and annoys me, so I shoot him, too. I get out from behind Alfredo slowly, taking a few steps before I become on the street.

"There are men on the rooftops aiming at us." Lauren whispers as we walk unnoticably but quickly.

"I got it." Aaliyah says, and before I can ask her about anything, I see wild fire coming from her hands, setting four or five men on the rooftop on fire. My eyes widen as I swallow harshly.

Aaliyah smirks at me before we arrive to the parlour. I suck in a deep breath and prepare myself for this moment. I'm seeing Louis again, and he won't remember me, but I'm seeing him again. My heart beats wildly at the thought, and it's just like the first time I have ever stepped foot inside this parlour, except that this time, my heart is only filled with grieve and sadness for the love that I lost.

I did this, though. I'm at fault, but I don't want to admit that.

I push the door open and let out a deep breath, my body relaxing just a tiny bit when I see no one inside. However, that doesn't last, because I then hear a muffled shout coming from one of the rooms, making me panic all over again.

The moment Lauren pushes me inside, I sprint off to Louis' room and whimper out in pain when I see him on his knees, his hands tied behind his back and a tape on his mouth. His eyes widen and he shakes his head at me, but before I can comprehend anything, someone collides my head with the doorframe as hard as he can.

I fall on the floor immediately, black dots filling my vision as I hear the sounds of physical fighting and shotguns. I can feel something dripping down the side of my forehead and it's undoubtedly blood. I slowly lose all control over my nerves, but before I can completely lose myself, someone pulls my body and I partially see him in front of me.

"Shit, shit," I hear him cursing. "Please, stay awake."

I almost smile at his beautiful voice, and how I was so mesmerised by it the first time I heard it. It's like everything is coming back to me in flashbacks, and it hurts, more than the physical pain I'm in at the moment.

I can feel the touch of his hand, but I can't feel it completely, I'm slowly dozing off, and I want nothing but to kick myself to fully feel it, but I can't hear nor say anything now.

-

"Is she fine?" I hear the faint sound of Louis' voice asking.

My head and body hurts, but I can slowly feel myself coming to my conscious.

"I think she's waking up." It's Aaliyah who says so.

I make a small noise, because I can't open my mouth, just to let them know that I'm somehow awake. Seconds later, I feel a hand touching mine, though it's not Louis'.

"Tallulah," It's Lauren. "You need to wake up, you have been out for two hours." She whispers.

What? I shout to myself.

"Tallulah, we'll go back to the village," Aaliyah says as I manage to open my eyes, though my vision is blurry. "We have to go, I don't care what will happen, they need us."

"Are you coming with us?" Lauren asks, and I make a noise again.

I should go, but I should also stay with Louis. I should help my friends and people in this war, but I should also keep Louis safe from it I'm torn between two right choices, and it seems like whatever I choose to do, will be the wrong decision still.

"G-go." I find myself whispering out.

A hand squeezes mine, and Aaliyah's voice follows it. "We'll come back for you, you know what to do when you need us."

And with that, the two of them leave, leaving me alone with Louis. I can feel his presence in the room, though he remains silent. My vision clears out one by one, and I look at him from the corner of my eyes, watching him standing by his the door.

Shit, we're in his apartment. What the fuck?

As soon as he notices me looking at him, his lips curl up in a smile and he waves his hand slightly as he murmurs, "Hi."

The side of my lips turn up in a slight smile before I look up at the ceiling, feeling my eyes burning with tears from both, seeing him and looking from the corner of it for too long.

I clear my throat before saying, "Hi."

I hear him sighing out heavily before he says, "Listen, I don't know what the hell happened back there, but I'm sorry that those people hurt you. I'm so sorry."

"It's okay." I say quietly, feeling my heart beating too loudly.

"Well, uh... My name's Louis," He says nervously. "I'm Louis."

I almost break right here, my heart shatters in a million piece, as my mind screams and shouts at my stupidity. I close my eyes, stopping the tears and swallowing down the lump in my throat.

"I'm... I'm Tallulah." I say.

"Yeah, I know," He says and my heart drops. "Your friends told me."

Yeah, forgot about that.

"Okay." I say.

He clears his throat and asks, "Do you... Do you need anything?"

I shake my head slightly. "No, thank you."

"Okay, I will just... I'll be... I'm out here." He says before leaving the room and taking my heart with him.

I breathe out heavily, feeling a tear rolling down the side of my face before I pull my shit together and wipe it away. I stay still for a couple of minutes, before I pull myself up on the bed and place my feet on the floor. I can hear Louis talking on the phone with someone, so I get up and take a minute to let my mind calm down from the headache, thoughts and everything else.

Getting out of the room, I walk towards the living room, but stop in the hallway when I see something on the small table. It catches my eyes and heart, but I don't say anything, I put my hands on the two tickets and swallow the lump in my throat.

Two plane tickets to Bora Bora.

"I don't know who owns them," I hear Louis saying and I look up at him. "Liam, my friend, says that I bought them but I can't really remember doing so, I don't even know why would I buy them. I must have been drunk or something when I did." He laughs.

I force a smile and say, "Yeah, maybe."

He stares at me for a while, making my heart skip a beat, before he says, "Can I tell you something?"

I nod. "Of course."

"You look so familiar," He tells me. "I feel like I saw before, but I know I didn't, maybe I just saw someone who looks like you."

My heart gives a heavy thud before I smile at him and say, "We haven't met before, so maybe it's only similarities."

"Yeah." As soon as the word leaves his mouth, we hear a loud shattering of a window. As Louis stares wide eyed, I move quickly and and head towards it. My heart drops to my feet when I see a man, a woman and Conall standing in front of me.

"It's good to officially see you again." Conall smirks.

I won't let him get away with this. I'm tired of his shit. I clench my jaw tightly as Louis stops beside me and glare at Conall.

"The feeling is not mutual." I reply bitterly, watching as the woman and the man load their guns, which makes me scoff. "Tell me Conall, why isn't anyone using their powers?"

Conall looks at me in confusion before I take a step forward and say, "Is it also banned? Is it illegal? Do you not want them to? Do they not want to?"

Once he gets where I'm going with this, he clenchs his jaw and flares his jaw in anger, which only encourage me to continue. "Or... Are they powerless?"

"That's stupid." He says angrily.

I laugh with bitterness. "It is, actually. You didn't want them to use it, did you? You feel weak next to them, you feel useless and worthless, powerless."

"You're not doing any better than me." He seethes out as the woman and the man keep their guns aimed at me.

"Oh, but I am," I smirk. "You see, whenever I feel weak, I empower myself. I'm powerless, but that doesn't mean I'm not powerful. Unlike you. You want everyone to feel as weak and worthless as you are, you don't want anyone to have something that you don't. You're selfish, pathetic, useless and weak, and I feel sorry for you."

The moment I finish, I take out my gun and shoot the two people with him, taking them all by surprise. It always surprised how distracted people can get by words, even me. My gun is now aimed against Conall's gun.

His face is raging just as mine, his gun is shaking, unlike my firm and steady one, but he has a smirk that doesn't match mine, and before I think too much of it, he moves his gun to the side and shoots, at the same time that Niall tackles him to the ground.

But I don't feel the pain, and it shatters me when I turn around and see Louis on the floor, because that's when the pain hits me.

(Hiiiii, I'm back, sorry, I was so sick but now I'm as strong as iron! Did you like this update? I hope you did! Thank you for reading and don't forget to vote and comment. Love you xox)

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

8.1K 258 25
Wendy Andersson is a swedish/american girl, her life is what you would class as perfect. But underneath she's heartbroken. The happiest month of the...
240K 6K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
260K 7.2K 24
Isabelle Emerson's life is a bit of a disaster really, (and that's putting it lightly!) Her journalism career is going nowhere, she has just lost a j...
26.4K 871 22
Why is Cupid doing this to me? Why me? ------- Meet Katrina Martin. Katrina is that girl who is the good nerdy girl. Every parent wants this good ner...