Lies | ✔️

Por Nicxkyy

• Nothing Lasts Forever • [#114 in Action (08.09.16)] (#395 in Training) +COMPLETED+ A cup full of action, a... Mais

Chapter 1 | My Life
Chapter 2 | The Night
Chapter 3 | Mission Begins
Chapter 4 | Cake, Muffins & Lipsticks
Chapter 5 | Hidden Secrets
Chapter 6 | Starbucks & Training
Chapter 7 | Unfair Games
Chapter 8 | Choiceless Mistakes
Chapter 9 | Heal Me
Chapter 10 | Cookie Monster
Chapter 11 | Need For Speed
Chapter 12 | The Game
Chapter 13 | Him
Chapter 14 | Enchanted
Chapter 15 | Falling Slowly
Chapter 16 | Gone
Chapter 17 | Shattered Memories
Chapter 18 | Broken Hearts
Chapter 19 | Dark Innocence
Chapter 20 | Fragments
Chapter 21 | Perfect Strangers
Chapter 22 | It Hurts
Chapter 23 | Cruel Twist
Chapter 24 | Secret Feelings
Chapter 25 | Sacrifice
Chapter 26 | Protective
♡ A u t h o r 's N o t e ♡
Chapter 28 | Somebody To You
Chapter 29 | Forced
Chapter 30 | Stolen Heart
Chapter 31 | Food Is Bae
Chapter 32 | Super-Nice
Chapter 33 | Insects Are Scary
Chapter 34 | Tattered Hearts
Chapter 35 | Everything Is Blue
Chapter 36 | Wildest Dreams
Chapter 37 | Take Me Somewhere We Can Be Alone
Chapter 38 | Closer
Chapter 39 | Fate

Chapter 27 | Pure Confessions

214 21 14
Por Nicxkyy

Chapter 27 | Pure Confessions

"If he/she's still on your mind, he/she's still in your heart" -ig post💓

I am republishing this chapter cuz many of you didn't know that there was a new chapter as y'all thought I only updated the Author's Note😁

HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS CHAPTER GUYS💓😉

***
Panic filled me as I ran towards him, cupping my hands around his face worriedly, only to hear shouts from behind. "Jared and I have called the ambulance. They are arriving in approximately 2 minutes."

I spun my head around anxiously to see Jared and Adam's sister standing behind us. "I am Abigail, Adam's sister." The girl said, as if sending my doubts before giving me a warm smile. I nodded my head as I let a small grin tug at the sides of my lips.

Light brown hair, she had curls falling gently on the two sides of her shoulders. She had sea blue eyes, just like her older brother. Few inches shorter than my brother, she looked 2 years younger than Jared. My mind took a few moments to process Jared's age once again, a number 13 striking across my brain.

My eyes then flickered to the two dead bodies lying around us. Reading my thoughts, Jared replied, "Abigail will go to the hospital with Adam." He paused for a while, before continuing, "Emma and I will get rid of the bodies."

A sense of sadness rolled over me as his words sank down. I wanted to be there with Adam, but I knew getting rid of the bodies was equally important. I could... No, would visit Adam directly after I was done disposing the bodies.

I took a last glance at Adam as I used my fingers to brush away the hair in his eyes, staring into his eyes. "No matter what happens, I'll always be with you. Just hold on. For me." I leaned close to his ear as I whispered, feeling hot tears welling up in my eyes.

I saw him nod slightly, giving me a weak smile. Blood was draining from his face slowly as the time passed, making me grow more anxious as seconds ticked by. I allowed a tear to roll down my cheek as I cupped Adam's chin gently with my fingers as I silently urged for the ambulance to arrive soon.

Wails from the ambulance could be heard from a distance, making me heave a sigh of relief. "Em, we need to get rid of the bodies. Now." Jared urged me, an anxious expression on his face. I nodded to him before taking a final glance at Adam. "Promise me you'll stay strong." I whispered softly, before standing up and walking towards the bodies, lifting them up before placing them behind the tree, keeping them out of sight temporarily.

The ambulance could be seen seconds after. Paramedics hopped off the ambulance, carrying him onto the stretcher and into the ambulance. Biting my lip, I prayed that Adam would be alright. I prayed... I prayed that I would be able to see him again.

I didn't even realize I was closing my tear-filled eyes until Jared called my name, snapping me out of my trance. "Don't worry, he'll be alright..." Jared said softly, coming over to stand beside me as he wrapped his arms around me. I nodded as I hugged him back, forcing myself to belief what he said.

"We should get rid of the bodies, then we can visit Adam." Jared said, giving me an assuring nod. I nodded once again as we began to start a fire, hearing the familiar cackling of flames and familiar burning heat before us. Holding the bodies over the fire, we dropped them in, allowing the bodies to burn slowly into nothing but ash.

Jared and I sat on a dead tree bark lying horizontally behind the fire, watching the bodies burn as we felt heat from the fire climbing and twirling around our legs. "How has life been?" Jared asked, breaking the silence which had settled between us. I paused for a while, deep in thought as I answered, "Complicated... You?"

"The same as last time... Bad food and stuff... I swear I'd rather eat my socks if I even had any." Jared muttered to himself, staring down at his bare feet pressed onto the grass with a helpless expression on his face as he shrugged.

I laughed softly, as I wrapped an arm around my brother. "You friends with Abigail?" I asked curiously. A sheepish smile crossed his face as he nodded, making me shake my head jokingly.

We then sat there in silence, the only sounds coming from the crackling flames. After waiting a while, the bodies had become nothing but ash. Quickly dismantling the structure, I threw some leaves over the ash, hiding it from sight.

"Ready to go?" Jared asked me, throwing me a smile. I nodded back, before fishing out my phone, dialing for a taxi before we set off for the hospital...

***
Stopping at the drop-off point, Jared and I quickly paid the fare before I ran to the reception anxiously. Panting heavily, my words came out slurred as I asked the receptionist for the room Adam was in. She arched an eyebrow at me, probably unimpressed at my sweaty self before keying something into her computer. Lifting her glasses as she peered at the screen, her eyebrows knotted in focus before she replied with a tinge of French tone, "Room 155, level 2".

Thanking her profusely, I quickly ran towards the lift, taking in the white walls, white beds, white floors and white lifts, as if signaling the boredom of the patients in the hospital. The horrible scent of hospital equipments filled my nose, causing them to twitch uncomfortably.

Tapping my feet impatiently on the floor, I pressed the lift button a few more times anxiously. Wringing my hands, I silently prayed that Adam was okay. The lift finally arrived as I flew in, dragging Jared by the arm. Smashing the level 2 button, the lift slowly went up, making me pace around the lift nervously.

Once the lift doors opened, I grabbed Jared and pulled him along, glancing at the signs for room 155. After scanning the signs a few times, I quickly headed for the right aisle. As we stopped outside room 155, a nurse just stepped out. Worried look on her face she said,"The guy inside is in critical condition, value his last moments."

No way....

Desperate, I barged into the room with force, only to reveal Adam lying on the bed, bandages around his shoulder and some other parts of his body. A soft whimper escaped from my lips as I ran towards the bed, letting tears roll down my cheeks.

Sobbing softly at the side of the bed, I winced, "Damn it Adam! Please be okay! I will blame you if you just leave me behind just like that." I whimpered, before continuing, "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to sound mean... But damnit, you're not just dying like that okay? Please be okay."

I sobbed silently at the side of his bed, using the back of my hand to wipe of the tears. "Agh, I still haven't told you I kind of liked you yet!" I bit my lip as I felt more tears form in my eyes.

"Emma-" A voice from behind said, recognizing it as Abigail's voice.

"No!" I replied before I continued sobbing, burying my head in my hands. "I still have many things I wanna do with you! I wanna travel the world with you. I wanna spend more time with you. I wanna-"

"Emma, you might seriously want to consider sh-" The voice behind interrupted again.

Slightly annoyed, I ignored the voice as I winced,"I I still haven't -" 

"EMMA YOU BETTER SHUT UP IF YOU DON'T WANNA EMBARRASS YOURSELF!" The voice behind me became louder, making me look up from crying, stunned.

"Oh... My... Lord..." I muttered to myself, mentally punching myself to ensure I wasn't dreaming.

Sitting on the bed before me was the person who was previously in 'critical condition'. An amused look flooded his face, making my face burn.

"Wow... I didn't know you liked me that much." The guy smirked, arching his eyebrow at me.

Adam.

***
C l i f f h a n g e r 😉

Hope you had a good laugh at the ending part😂😂

Please remember to VOTE & COMMENT :)

***
A random post I saw on Insta and found it not bad😂😂

***

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

299K 9K 33
CRINGE WARNING! First book I ever wrote on here!! -- "Sometimes the person who you are willing to take a bullet for is the person behind the gun." I...
21.4K 812 42
"Previously known as... Scarletstroke: Girl assassin" * No hesitation * No killing of children * No killing of innocent people * No emotions * And d...
196K 7.6K 35
"Why do you care?" I whispered out. "I worry about you and I have no clue why," he explained honestly which did make my heart sink a little. -_-_-_...
53.2K 3.1K 27
6 girls. 7 boys. 1 awesome vacation. Or that's what they thought. What happens when the power goes out and people are getting killed by the minut...