His Dead Mate

By MommaShifter

Drunk driving is a big problem in the world. One wrong decision can possibly end someone's life. That's what... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: A Miracle Is Happening
Chapter 2: My First Demon
Chapter 3: Invading Dreams
Chapter 4: The Possibilities
Chapter 6: Take A Rest
Instagram
Chapter 7: The Group Of Boys
Chapter 8: Saving The Wolves
Chapter 9: Weird Vibes
Chapter 10: Oh Crap
Chapter 11: I'm Sorry Haley
Chapter 12: Alone With Him
Author's Note
Chapter 13: The Hotel
Chapter 14: Surprise Visitor
Links
Chapter 15: The Secret Is Out
BOOK LAUNCH
Chapter 16: Date Night Gets Ruined
Chapter 17: The Prisoner
Happy Thanksgiving
Chapter 18: Kidnapped
Chapter 19: Reunion
Chapter 20: The War
Epilogue

Chapter 5: Patrol

43.1K 1.9K 593
By MommaShifter

(Harvey and his mate Katelin up top)

I think this book is coming along nicely. What do you guys think??

I would also like to clear a few things. I know it's been awhile since I last updated and I'm really sorry. I've been really busy with school starting and going to doc appointments and it just got a little crazy. But I finally found some time to update and once this chapter posts, I'm gonna write the next chapter for Girl's Rule and then post it after I'm done :) So I really hope this makes up for everything. I love you guys so much!! <3

Anywhore. On with this amazing action packed chapter!

-------------------------------------------------

Zale

This run couldn't be any more perfect.

'Hey.' Sterling spoke up as he started to sit up. 'Did you hear that?'

Harvey and I sat up as we started to listen too.

'Is there something over there?' Harvey asked in confusion, also hearing the crunching of twigs and leaves.

Maybe it was a deer or something.

'I think so.' I said as I started to slowly take steps toward the noise. 'Keep quiet.'

'I can't smell anything.' Sterling said as he started to get on guard.

'Me neither.' Harvey growled quietly as he looked around.

'It's coming from over there.' I said nodding in the direction of the noise.

We followed the noise and came around a tree.

'Is it up in the tree?' Harvey asked.

'Get back.' I said as I crouched behind a bush as the leaves started to rustle.

Harvey and Sterling got down on either side of me and we saw a buck fall from the tree.

Well...more like a mutilated buck.

'Holy shit!' Harvey gasped as he jumped backwards.

'Oh. My. Goddess.' Sterling said quietly as a black figure jumped down from the tree.

'W-What is that?' Harvey asked as he gulped.

'I don't know.' I whispered quietly. 'But I definitely don't like it.'

The thing was fucking huge!

It was black, had red markings all over its upper chest, white eyes, and giant black horns.

"What did you get?" A deep voice asked as it vibrated through the trees.

The black creature looked up. "I got a buck. I was hungry."

'So they can talk.' Sterling noted.

I looked over and saw who he was talking too. This one was equal in size. Except he was all red and has black markings on his chest. He also had big, black horns, but he also had large, leathery bat-like wings tucked against his back.

'What are those things?' Harvey asked thinking out loud.

"Well hurry up with that." The red one growled. "The boss needs us back."

'Boss?' I asked as I looked over at Sterling and Harvey. Despite the growing fear that was crawling up my spine, my wolf was growing agitated of the apparent threat we have on our land.

'I've never seen anything like that.' Sterling said in a slightly scared voice.

"Yeah, yeah, I know." The black one stopped talking and started to sniff around. "Do you smell that?"

"All I smell is the blood coming from the buck." The red one stated.

"No." The black one growled as he shook his head. "I smell wet dog."

'Uh rude much?' Harvey growled.

"Never mind that." The red one said as he rolled his eyes. "We have to get back or else boss will kill us."

"You're right." The black one said, agitation evident in his voice.

I watched amazed as the red one grabbed the black one and then started to flap his wings.

'We need to go tell my dad.' I said determinedly.

'I think you're right.' Sterling said as Harvey nodded.

~*~

Kasey

"Are you ready for your first patrol Kiddo?" Kenword asked.

I nodded frantically. "Oh yeah I am! I'm so excited. Actually. I'm way beyond excited."

"I think Kasey and I will take the streets today." Alvar smiled as she looked at me. "What do you think?"

I smiled back and looked down at the city as we flew over it. "I think that would be fun."

"Sweet." Maximus laughed. "Kenword and I got the air above you guys then."

"There's an alleyway that we can change into." Alvar said as she pointed down below. "Let's make it quick."

I nodded and followed her down.

We tucked in our wings so we could go down faster.

"Remember." Alvar whispered and we landed quietly on the ground. "We have to make it quick and then act like regular people."

I nodded and turned invisible as I changed forms.

Once the coast was clear, we turned visible again and walked out of the alleyway.

"You guys in position?" Maximus asked through our ear pieces.

"Yes." I said as Alvar nodded at me. "This is weird."

"What is?" Alvar asked as we started to walk down the sidewalk.

"I don't know." I said with a shrug. "I guess just walking down my old streets. It's been three years."

Alvar nodded. "You'll get used to it Kasey. It was weird for me too."

"It was?" I asked.

Okay good. At least I'm not the only one.

She nodded. "I wasn't ready to feel all the emotions that I would get. I passed my house on my first patrol. I broke down crying. Maximus told me that it would get easier. It does, but you still feel sadness. That part will never go away."

"I'm glad that I met him. He's been a real help."

"He has." Alvar agreed.

"So I have a question." I said.

"What's up?" Alvar asked as we started to cross the street.

"When I killed my first demon, Maximus said that he was a new one." I explained as I thought about it. "How can he tell?"

"I was wondering when you were going to ask that." Alvar laughed. "Demons have horns."

"The one I killed didn't." I spoke confused.

"Exactly." Alvar nodded. "Demons that have horns are the older and more powerful ones. If a demon doesn't have horns, then he is a new recruit."

"So their strength is measured by how big their horns are?" I asked trying to grasp the idea.

Alvar nodded with a smile. "The bigger the horns, the more powerful they are."

I looked forward and nodded to myself. "Okay. I think I got it."

"And you already know how to tell if it's' a demon or a human, right?"

I nodded and smiled. "If it's a demon, they are outlined in red and if it's a person, they are outlined in gold."

"Very good." Alvar said with a proud smile. "I'm impressed. You catch on quick."

I laughed. "Thank you. My parents always said that I was a fast learner."

"They're right." Alvar said.

"Guys!" Maximus yelled.

"What's up?" I asked as I touched my ear piece.

"Two flying our way."

"Well, one is flying. The other is hitching a ride." Kenword explained.

"Send him down here." Alvar said as she looked up. "We'll take care of him."

"Roger that." Kenword said.

"How long do you think it'll-"

"Fuck that hurt." A deep voice grunted.

"Nevermind." Alvar laughed as we ran towards the voice.

"That person is going to be so mad." I stated as the demon crawled off the car that he had just landed on.

The demon growled and brushed off his clothes.

"It's even uglier up close." Alvar smirked as the demon stopped brushing his clothes and looked up.

The demon growled at us. "Buzz off brats."

"No can do ugly." I smiled as he narrowed his eyes at me. "You're going down."

The demon looked confused for a second before a look of recognition ran across his face.

He chuckled to himself. "Angels. Should have known."

"Got that right." Alvar smirked as she charged him.

I cringed as I watched them go through a building wall.

"Kinda cool. Kinda looked like it hurt." I said to myself as I ran after them.

"Damn little lady." The demon groaned as he stood up. "You got some punch. I'll admit. Kind of impressed."

"Thank you." Alvar bowed before she changed back to her normal form. "Ready Kasey?"

"Ready." I smirked as I changed back as well.

"Huh." The demon said as he looked me up and down. "You got a younger angel with you."

"Yes I do. And she can kick ass." Alvar smirked.

I smiled as I ran up the demon and punched his gut.

"Shit!" He grunted as he bent over.

I grabbed his head and slammed it on my knee. Right as he was about to fall, I drove my foot into his throat, sending him flying back into the next wall.

"Nicely done." Alvar said as she ran up to me. "Watch out!"

I looked back and saw the demon get up and brush himself out.

'It barely put a dent in him.' I thought to myself.

He cracked his neck and rolled his shoulders.

"That was cute." He teased. "Let me show you how it's really done."

I gasped as he lunged for me. I let out a grunt as he smashed me into the ground. The demon jumped off of me and I rolled onto my side as he was about to punch me. His fist pounded into the ground and I used that as a distraction to stand up and get away from him. I bent down just in time as he charged at me and he flew over me.

"You have to be careful with this one Kasey. He's older and more powerful." Alvar warned.

I took a look at his giant black horns that sat on his head. "Just great."

"Let's dance." The demon smirked as he walked towards me.

"Uh well yeah see." I let out a nervous chuckled when I took a step back. "I'm not much of a dancer."

"Then I can just smash your face in."

"Well that was just rude." I said glaring at him.

I reached behind me and grabbed my staff.

"You wanna do weapons?" He laughed as he grabbed a flail. "Fine by me."

"Seriously? A flail?" I asked. "Where do you think we are? Medieval times?"

He narrowed his eyes and charged.

"Watch out!" Alvar shouted as she ran towards me to help.

I jumped to the side and quickly turned around.

The demon growled as he whipped his flail at me.

I cursed as a spike broke the skin on my arm.

I growled and swung my staff at him. The staff hit his foot, causing him to fall down and drop the flail.

I ran towards the flail, but he was quicker than I was.

"Got ya." He smirked.

My eyes went wide in shock as he raised his flail.

I raised my arms in front of me, bracing for the blow, but it never came.

When I lowered my arms, I saw his arm laying on the ground and black sludge started to ooze from his cut shoulder.

Alvar placed her sword back and grabbed my hand.

"Thanks Alvar." I said as she quickly pulled me up.

"You bitch!" The demon growled. "That was my good arm!"

"Heads up!" I heard Kenword yell in the ear piece.

I was about to ask why but the next thing I know, the ceiling collapsed.

I shielded my face with my wings so the dust wouldn't get in my eyes. I looked up just in time to watch the other demon land on top of the demon that we were fighting.

The red demon with the wings started to turn to dust.

I leaped forward and took out my silver dagger seeing as he was trapped beneath concrete and the other demon.

He howled out in pain as I pierced his heart.

"Grace wins every time." I smirked as he turned to dust.

"Are you two okay?" Maximus asked as he flew through the hole in the ceiling.

I nodded. "I'm good."

"Me too." Alvar said she took a deep breath.

"Kasey. You're bleeding." Kenword said worriedly as he flew over to me.

I waved him off. "I'm okay. Promise."

"We still need to get you checked out. Your wing looks dented too."

I looked behind me and sighed as I saw that he was right.

"Must have been when he tackled you." Alvar stated as she looked at it.

"Just great." I mumbled.

"Come on." Maximus smiled. "I think you had a good run today. But you need to rest."

"He's right." Kenword nodded with a worried face. "You won't be able to do much with a dented wing."

"But-"

"Kasey no." Kenword said with a stern look. "We are going back home and that's final."

I sighed and nodded. I guess there is no point in fighting with them. They would win.

"I'll give you a ride." Maximus said as he picked me up.

"Thank you." I said gratefully.

"No problem." Maximus smiled.

I'm glad I have Maximus. He's like another dad to me.

When everyone was ready, they all jumped and flapped their wings.

"Since when do demon have wings?" I asked. "I was never taught that when I was training."

"They don't." Kenword said as he looked over at me.

"Then how did that one get wings?" I asked worried.

"I don't know." Alvar spoke up as she looked deep in thought. "They might be evolving."

"Or Lucifer is doing something." Kenword said with narrowed eyes.

"Well either way, we have to tell God. He's not going to like this one bit." Maximus mentioned as everyone else nodded.

Just great. Flying demons. What's next?

------------------------------------

How are you guys liking it so far???

Good? Bad? Awful?

It's okay to tell the truth hah. You won't hurt my feelings. I've never written anything like this before, so let's see how this going to turn out lmao.

Keep the votes and comments a-comin'!

-Austin

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6M 79.1K 23
"Beau, stop," I gasped, but I didn't want him to stop. "Amabelle. I am your alpha and your mate. You are mine and only mine. I am yours and only you...
16.2K 1K 33
MEET LUPE SANCHEZ A 24 YEAR OLD GIRL WHO HAS BEEN TAKING CARE OF HER YOUNGER SISTER MARIA SINCE THEIR PARENTS DIED IN A CAR ACCIDENT 6 YEARS EARILIER...
5.7K 325 27
What is the destiny of a she-wolf on the run to the human land? . . . At a young age, Alexia lost her parents. With her current status and rumours su...
665K 5.7K 11
"𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗴𝗿𝗲𝘆 𝗲𝘆𝗲𝘀 𝗵𝗮𝗱 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝗱𝗮𝗿𝗸𝗻𝗲𝘀𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝗻 𝗮𝗻𝘆 𝗯𝗹𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝗲𝘆𝗲𝘀 𝘀𝗵𝗲 𝗵𝗮𝗱 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗲𝗲𝗻." ...