Alone Again (Percico/Pernico...

By BroadwayTrash_PJO

[DISCLAIMER: I do not own the characters in this story. All rights to Rick Riordan, the brilliant mind behind... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Random A/N
Chapter 11
A/N (I know, I know)
Chapter 12
Whoops
i'M sOrRy
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
HEY, You Should Read This A/N
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
A Note From The Author
Epilogue

Chapter 10

1.4K 38 107
By BroadwayTrash_PJO

[written right before publishing: I changed my username! It's now BroadwayTrash_PJO. I like it more than the old one😂 Anyways, you can continue]

Just in case I didn't already mention it, there's been an issue with the transfer, and it messed up my italics. I'm planning to go back and fix that, but I currently cannot. Also, the lack of update is because I was vomiting since, like, 2AM every half hour Thursday morning.

I'm fine now, though!😂

But my fam and I went bowling today, and we all had to, like, figure out how to play again since we hadn't in a while.😂 My brother threw the ball in the gutter the first five or so times he bowled. (He's 17.😂)

Bless your soul, child

And then they waited.
*****

A few minutes later, Dr. Strathman, along with Thalia and Grover, arrived at the scene. They walked over quietly, or at least they probably were. The city was loud; it was usually hard to tell what was quiet and what was loud. Dr. Strathman crouched down near Percy, looking him over.

"How did he even get out here?" She asked, confused look on her face. She seemed as if she was talking to herself, though. Maybe that was something doctors did.

There was a series of shrugs and phrases of uncertainty. She sighed, turning towards Grover. "Just...take him home. Let him rest and heal. Keep a close eye on him, though."

Grover nodded in response, the Grace siblings and Dr. Strathman leaving shortly after. "You have your car?" Nico inquired, gently shaking Percy's shoulder to wake him up.

"Yeah, but I can't really get him there," Grover replied, gesturing to the metal crutches.

Nico, giving up on his wake up attempt, hauled Percy up, who was surprisingly lighter than expected. He dragged him to the car, Grover following. The two somehow managed to get Percy inside before driving back to the apartment.

*****

They pushed open the door, heading inside. Nico returned Percy to his room before heading back into the main room with Grover.

"Well, these two days have been interesting," Grover muttered.

Nico nodded in agreement, sitting down on the couch. He scanned the room, something Nico seemed to do a lot. He felt the need to assess himself on his environment. It just made him feel a bit safer wherever he went, although safe wasn't a very good word to describe how Nico usually felt.

So I guess he just felt less like everybody around him was about to whip out a gun and start shooting. (Line dedicated to me. This is legit my life😂 Don't judge me.)

He sighed, looking towards Grover. "Thoughts on Percy?"

"He might be the weirdest human being I've ever met," Grover stated bluntly.

Nico stifled his laugh, nodding. "What do you know about serotonin syndrome?"

Grover shrugged in reply. "Something about meds."

"Dr. Srathman said something about Percy showing signs of it," Nico informed him. Grover grabbed his laptop, opening it up.

"What're you doing?" Nico asked him.

"Google knows everything."

"Piper would tell you otherwise since the whole Leo incident."

Grover laughed quietly. "Probably."

Seeing a quizzical face from Grover, Nico questioned him, "What?"

"It says something about the people usually being hospitalized."

"He literally just got out- escaped from, whatever- the hospital today."

Grover nodded, still reading the page. "Was he actually diagnosed though?"

Nico shook his head, thinking about what the doctor had told Grover.

Keep a close eye on him, though.

I guess she couldn't actually do anything since he didn't have a diagnosis. Plus, it was obvious that Percy wanted to get the hell out of there. That's when Nico realized how greatly Dr. Strathman really cared for her patient's happiness.

It was nice.

Nico made a mental note that, if he ever needed to be hospitalized, he'd be requesting her. Hopefully that wouldn't be needed, though.

A noise came from the hallway, causing Nico to begin to stand only to be stopped by Grover.

"I'll go look," he said, grabbing his crutches and heading into the corridor.

As quietly as possible, which was hard when metal clinked every time you moved, Grover crept towards Percy's closed door. He gently knocked on it, not sure if Percy was asleep. "Hello?"

"Just come in," a voice from the other side sounded. Grover turned the knob, pushing open the door. Percy was sitting up in his bed, head leaning on the wall tiredly. Grover headed over, sitting at the foot of the bed, across from Percy.

"You okay?" He asked, concerned.

Percy nodded hesitantly, like he wasn't sure if that was what he really wanted to answer. "Just tired."

Grover sighed, eyes dropping to the floor. "Well that's good."

"You know I heard you guys, right?" Percy said calmly.

Grover nearly choked on nothing. "What?"

"Walls are thin nowadays."

He nodded cautiously in agreement. Did that mean he knew what was up? Grover was, if he was being completely honest, slightly frightened by the boy. Why he had chosen him to live with, Grover wasn't sure. It just felt...

Right.

He couldn't quite give an answer, as he wasn't sure of one himself. But maybe it would be good. Percy obviously had something going on, with the hospital and the what seemed like panic attacks, even though he'd never admit it.

That was another thing about Percy. He didn't want you to care about you, it seemed. Maybe he thought that, if he convinced everyone else he was fine, he could convince himself as well. Maybe...

Maybe Grover needed to just stop thinking about it right now.

"So you heard everything?" Grover asked, still worried that he might've overheard the two talking about him.

Percy simply nodded, not seeming to care about what was said. "The other guy- what's his name again?"

"Nico."

"Right. Nico can probably hear us right now as well. Nothing is safe from ears in here, I'm pretty sure."

Grover's eyes widened. "Does that mean-? Never mind."

Percy bit his lip, sighing. "Y'know, I really am fine. You guys can all chill, god."

I was watching the fourth Harry Potter movie earlier, and when I was putting it in the DVD player thing, my brother was challenging us to name the movies in order. (This might be long.) Of course, neither me nor my mom (is this a double negative?) knew the answer. He did, apparently, and we were all confused since he only read the first forty pages of the first book and didn't really enjoy it.

He also informed me that the Harry Potter spells are just Latin.😂

Yeah, goodbye.

(I would just like to say that writer's block sucks. Okay, carry on with your day/afternoon/evening/middle of the night because I know you people like to read then. Or at least I do. Less people are annoying me then, but sometimes I annoy myself so I guess it doesn't matter.)

[Lol, I realized I didn't finish this chapter before publishing. Oops😂]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.2K 1K 19
Percy Jackson left his camp to wander around the world. His journey was quickly shortened when a mysterious man offers him a place away from earth. A...
508K 6.7K 57
Percy was loved by a nice girlfriend, best friends he would give his life for, a family, keyword WAS, past tense. His life spirals down to Tartarus w...
143K 4K 13
Nico di Angelo, son of Hades, has looked death straight in the eyes with complete confidence, not wavering a bit. But when it comes to a certain son...
43.9K 1.2K 15
The deaths of their friends left Percy and Nico shattered. Only they understand each other; but something stirs within both boys, feelings they don't...