What Now? (Book 2) [l. hemmin...

By 5sosidk

After Luke and Victoria have the worst day of their lives, what happens now? They both have new obstacles in... More

What Now?
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Authors Note

Chapter 16

138K 3.6K 2.2K
By 5sosidk

woooo hello guys 

 here's the double update and i wanted to say i love you all a lot 

okay hope you like it :) 

------------------------------------------

Victoria's P.O.V.

Ashton, Luke, Michael and I have been discussing what the past few months have been like for them, while Jess and Calum are off talking.

"Well, what about you Vic?" Ashton asks.

"Uh, well, school just finished that's what I've done the past months. It's not like anything else has happened." I tell them.

"How have you and Nick been?" Ashton asks again.

My breathing hitches and Michael gave him a look. He bit down on his lip nervously realizing what he just said.

"Uh, um we're alright.." I quietly reply.

"Doesn't sound alright." Ashton says, and I wish he would just shut the fuck up. 

"It's whatever. I don't really know right now. This time away from him is helping me figure it out." I tell them truthfully, though I'm hoping it doesn't give Luke the wrong message. 

Calum and Jess walk into the room, thankfully ending this conversation. 

"How are you guys?" Michael cautiously asks.

"Amazing." Calum answers.

"Awh yay!" Ashton replies.

"We're going out, we'll see you after." Calum says.

I can tell Jess is skeptical about this. She already hates going out because of this baby thing and now going out with Calum and the possibility of fans being around, don't think that's too smart.

"Well I'm going to shower." Luke says getting up and going upstairs.

Jess and Calum head out as Ashton speaks up.

"I have to run errands, Michael come with me." Ashton gets up and urges Michael to.

"You guys do this on purpose you suck." I say.

"Love you too Vic!" They call as they head out.

Really? Did they have to do this?

I pull out my phone and play some games. After a while Luke comes back downstairs.

"Where is everybody?" He asks confused.

"They all left." I tell him.

He comes and sits next to me.

"Whatcha doing?" He sing-songs.

I really wish he'd just go back upstairs, instead of coming to sit next to me. The two of us alone right now is way too stressful. Are we going to be fine, or start fighting. We'll probably just sit here in an awkward silence, since neither of us know what the fuck do to. 

"Uh, just using my phone." I say waving my phone.

Luke clears his throat, and I feel like curling up and dying right now, I'm so uncomfortable. 

We go into an awkward silence until Luke groans,"Why are we making this so awkward."

"Well bringing up that it's awkward doesn't make it less awkward." I reply, focusing on my phone.

The awkward silence fills the room again, neither one of us knowing what to say. 

"Vic..." He whines.

"What?" I ask.

"Why can't we talk?" He questions.

"Talk about what?" I say looking at him.

"I want you to tell me what it's been like back home the past months." He tells me.

"It's really only been finishing school and dealing with the baby thing. If not that, Nick, Jess and I would do something." I say and regret it.

Why did I bring up Nick?

"C-can you tell me about Nick?" He asks.

"Luke why are you asking this stuff?" I question.

Why would he? I don't get it. Why is he so difficult. Why is this all so difficult.

"Because I want to know if he makes you as happy as I used to." He states.

"How is that any of your business?!" I say raising my voice.

"Because I know he doesn't!" He replies, raising his voice to match my volume. 

"You don't know, though! How would you know? We haven't talked in months!" I shout.

Wow. Great. We're already fighting. I know he's right but he can't know that.

"Then tell me he makes you as happy as I did. And it's not just my fault we haven't talked so don't you dare blame it all on me." He says.

"H-he makes me as happy as you did. You need to stop." I lie, my voice shaky.

"You're lying." He responded.

"Am not." I say.

"I know you better than you know yourself. I can tell when you're lying." He tells me.

"Luke, just stop." I softly say. "This fighting isn't going to help either of us. 

But instead of shutting up and leaving me alone, he placed his lips on mine.

This was wrong, so wrong. But it felt right.

Butterflies immediately appear in my stomach. He places his hands were on either side of my face.

It's crazy how much I missed this, missed him.

I pull back and realize what had just happened.

"Luke.." I whisper.

"I still love you and I told you I always will. You can't say you don't feel the same way..." He quietly says.

"I can't do this Luke. And I have a boyfriend. Why would you do that?" I question.

"You kissed me back you can't say anything about your fucking boyfriend. I know you don't love him. I know you still love me like I love you." He replies.

Dammit can't he just keep his mouth shut? He's making this way to difficult. I don't know what to do right now.

I can't tell him he's right.

"Please, Luke just-" I get cut off by somebody fiddling with the door handle.

Somebody's home.

I get up and rush upstairs.

"Vic, wait! We can talk about this!" He calls after me.

I ignore him and continue to my room. I lock myself in and try to hold back the tears.

Why does he have to be right? Why does he have to be frustrating?

~~

Luke's P.O.V.

I call for her but she ignores me, of course, as Michael and Ashton walk in.

"What the fuck did you do now?" Michael asks.

I frustratedly run a hand through my hair, "It's nothing, alright? Fuck."

"We leave so maybe you could talk to her to work shit out, but looks like that didn't happen." Ashton says.

"And if you don't tell us what happened Vic sure as hell will tell me." Michael adds.

Fuck he doesn't need to rub it in that she'll actually talk to him.

"Wait you left us alone on purpose? How did you not figure something bad would happen?!" I reply.

"Are you going to tell us or not?" Ashton asks ignoring my question.

I sigh and sit back down.

"I-I don't know why I did it." I quietly say.

"Did what?" Michael slowly asks, nervous to hear the answer.

"I may have kissed her.." I tell them.

"Now do you really think that was a smart idea?" Ashton says.

"What was a smart idea?" Calum asks as he walks in with Jess.

"Nothing. I was being stupid." I tell him putting my head in my hands, wishing they'd all just leave me alone. 

"Where's Vic?" Jess asks.

I groan as I fall sideways on the couch.

"I'm gonna go talk to her.." She mumbles heading upstairs.

"Okay, so... What did Luke do?" Calum asks as Jess goes upstairs.

"He kissed her." Ashton states.

I move my hands from my face and look up at them.

"Luke..." Calum says.

"I know, I know! And you don't need to give me the whole 'she has a boyfriend' speech because we already fought about it." I tell them as I lay there staring at the ceiling.

"You fought with her too wow Luke looks like you're doing really fucking well with this." Calum says sitting down.

"You guys aren't helping me feel any better about this." I complain.

"Oh shut up." Michael replies.

Jess comes back downstairs and sits next to Calum, and he wraps his arms around her.

"She won't answer the door. She's refusing to talk right now." She sighs.

"Don't worry she'll talk to somebody later." Calum says to her, kissing her forehead.

"Can we change the subject please?" I beg.

"Jess still needs to tell us about this baby." Ashton says.

"There isn't much to say besides everything's been good so far." She smiles rubbing her stomach.

I don't know how she can do this at eighteen.

She groans and shifts in her seat.

We all sit up panicking to make sure she's alright.

"You alright babe?" Calum asks.

"Yea, yea. Guys relax. She's just kicking. Just she never stops dammit." She replies.

"It can't be that bad. It seems cool." Ashton says.

She rolls her eyes, "W-"

She gets cut off by all of us turning to see Vic coming downstairs.

She gives us a confused look and walks into the kitchen.

Nobody says anything, we all just watch her, waiting to see if she's going to say anything, or join us.

She grabs a glass of water and goes to head back upstairs.

"Will you guys stop looking at me you're freaking me out." She tells us before going upstairs.

"I'm going to go see if she'll talk now." Jess says.

She struggles standing up, so Michael and Ashton tried to stifle their laughs.

"I hope you get bad karma for laughing at a pregnant woman." Jess says trying to keep a straight face.

Once Jess is upstairs, they all turn and look back at me, suddenly all serious.

"Luke, you need to fix this with Vic." Ashton says.

I sigh, "I know."

But how?

----------------------------------

Ohhhhhh 

I hope you liked it I'm scared for reactions but alright ok bye 

Vote and Comment?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.5K 599 11
After graduating college, Katelyn and Luke are left to face the world on their own. While things may appear to be finally falling into place, their...
2.8K 206 35
when luke is faced with the challenges of homelessness and ongoing health issues, calum steps in to help him out and change his life. will it be for...
19.9K 242 29
The title says it all.
4.4K 150 54
what happens when their realationship starts to crumble? What happens to their careers?