Black Rose

由 -starsailor

"she was a rose in the hands of those who had no intention of keeping her." - Rupi Kaur. Started: August 6, 2... 更多

Prelude.
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
Postlude.
New Book.

19.

9.2K 629 982
由 -starsailor

"Majesty, are you crying?" Keiara squinted as she tried to study my face on her screen.

I shook my head, denying her accusation. In reality, I was crying; but I didn't want her to know that. We exchanged a few words before she switched the camera to Ford. He laid at the bottom of her bed while sleeping. A small smile appeared on my face as I stood up from the bathroom floor.

"How did things go with your parents?"

As I opened my mouth to speak a knock was at the door followed by Alex's voice, telling me to open the door. I quickly ended the FaceTime call before Keiara could ask anything.

I slowly unlocked the door. As soon as it made the clicking sound, Alex bursted through the door and snatched my slightly cracked phone.

"Who was that?" He demanded. Alex towered over me, as always, but now I felt even smaller than usual.

"I-it was no one."

He chuckled lowly before grabbing my arm and yanking me out of the bathroom. I had locked myself in after I managed to escape from his grip earlier.

"You know why I gave you that money right?" He raised and eyebrow after he forced me to sit on the bed. I slowly nodded my head, understanding what he wanted me to do. "And when are you going to do it?"

My eyes gazed into his dark ones. He had a stern look on his face as he stared down at me. My heart began to beat at a rapid pace as I felt a wave of nervousness wash all over me.

He wants something that I don't want.

"I..." I found myself afraid to speak. What would he do if I told him the truth? But what would he do if he found out I would lie? "I'm not going to.."

His entire facial expression changed. It seemed as if his mood did too.

Alex pushed me back on the bed and crawled between my legs. His hand harshly grabbed my face, forcing me to look at him.

"What do you mean you're not going to?" He spat. "You're going to get rid of this damn baby Majesty. I don't care how, but you're going to."

My lips parted as my head popped from under the bathtub water. I took a big gasp of air as I realized I nearly drowned from falling asleep in the tub.

I don't know what spooked me more. The reoccurring dream of what happened last week, or the fact that I almost died just now.

After washing up, I forced myself out of the tub and to my bedroom.

"Off to sleep I go.." I mumbled to myself after I threw a large shirt on.

My heavy eyes opened and closed continuously. I tried so hard to fight my sleep, but I felt as if sleep was going to take over any minute now. Waking up at sunrise every morning is very tiring. Sitting in classes everyday is even more tiring.

Life is just tiring.

Fortunately, the bell rung. The loudness of it jolted me awake. Gathering my things, I stood up and practically ran to the cafeteria. I haven't eaten all day, and my stomach was growling all throughout class. It's embarrassing because it does it at the most unexpected moment.

After getting a strawberry and blueberry salad with vinegar dressing, I found an empty table I could sit at. Unlike most people, I don't mind sitting alone and looking like a 'loner'. I rather be alone than to be around people I know who doesn't want what's best for me. Over time humans evolved to think the more people around, the better.

My eyes scanned around the room as I munched on my salad that tasted like heaven. I tore my eyes away from the entrance of the cafeteria when I realized a light skin guy with out-grown hair slid in a seat opposite of me. My chewing slowed down as I took in his appearance. His bushy eyebrows actually looked nice on him. He sent a small smile as he picked up his fork.

"You mind if I sit here?" His voice's deeper than I thought, but I guess it's cute.

I shook my head, giving him a polite smile. "I don't mind."

One of his hands went to his face, rubbing his shaped up beard as he grinned.

"I'm Jermaine." He introduced himself. "Most people call me J though." His smile was infectious.

"Majesty." I smiled. His smile grew when he heard my name. A quiet chuckle left his lips as he leaned back in his chair, keeping his eyes on me. "I know.. Weird name."

"Nah." He shook his head while licking his lips. "I like it. It's different, and cute."

A blush crept on my cheeks as I thanked him.

We both continued to eat our food. While I was enjoying my salad he was munching on a cheese burger.

"Damn, so you're into literature and shit?" Jermaine looked down at me as we walked side by side on campus. A quiet laugh left my lips as I kept my eyes on the ground. I gave a small nod, focusing my eyes on the colorful leafs on the sidewalk. "Ah, that's why you been saying deep shit."

"Deep shit?" I laughed lightly. "What deep shit have I said?"

"Oh I don't know." He exhaled loudly and stopped walking, which made me stop walking also. "Happiness exists, when you don't know a thing. And let me tell you, that's facts right there." He pointed while nodding at me.

My shoulders moved up and down slightly as I shrugged. We continued to walk together to nowhere in particular since we were both done with classes for today. The conversations we're having are just too good to not continue.

I miss having intellectual conversations with someone.

"Are you free Friday night?" Jermaine rubbed the back of his neck. "I mean not as a date, just friends." He laughed awkwardly. "Don't want your man thinking something else."

My eyes wandered from his face and to the black car that was at the nearest light. I quickly threw my hood over my head, praying he didn't recognize me. Jermaine's bushy eyebrows came together as I turned my body towards him.

"You alright?" I could hear the confusion in his voice.

As the light turned green, the black Lamborghini turned into the parking lot I'm standing in. Oh, how wonderful!

"I'm not busy Friday." I spoke so quickly I wasn't even sure if he could understand me. "Just text me I'll-"

"Majesty!" His deep voice thundered as the car door slammed shut. I squeezed my eyes shut and mumbled shit under my breath. Jermaine kept the same confused look on his face as Alex approached us. Alex snatched me away from Jermaine with a mug on his face. Alex looked Jermaine up and down, but Jermaine has a good two inches on him. "The fuck are you? Why you talking to my girl bro?"

Jermaine put his hands up in surrender. "It wasn't like that my nigga. She a cool person to talk with."

Alex gazed down at me as he realized I was trying to free my arm of his grip. His low, red softened as he realized he was hurting me. Alex released his tight grip on my arm before diverting his eyes back to Jermaine.

"Go get in the car Maj."

"But I-"

He gave me a look that made me close my mouth just as fast as I opened it.

Stuffing my hands in my sweatshirt pocket, I hurried to his expensive car. My eyes strained as I kept my gaze set on the two tall males a few feet away. Their lips moved, but nothing else.

Alex still looked pretty upset, but Jermaine looked unbothered. His hands rested in his jean pockets as his eyes were fixed on Alex. Jermaine would occasionally glance over to the car, but I knew he couldn't see me because the windows are tinted. However, each time he did look my way Alex would say something that would make him look away.

Eventually, Alex and Jermaine walked away from each other. Alex's car door slammed as he started the car and recklessly pulled out of his parking spot.

"Can you please slow down?" I frowned as he went 85 mph on the highway.

"Mind telling me why you were talking to that boy?" He quickly looked at me before looking back at the road.

Pursing my lips, I chose not to reply. Instead I looked out of the window as he took an exit off of the highway. After a few more minutes of driving Alex pulled up at a clinic and put his car in park.

Furrowing my eyebrows, I glanced over at him. "Why are we here?"

"You're here to get rid of that thing." He ordered.

"But-"

"Nah, you're getting this shit done." Alex snapped. "If you don't then we can't associate anymore."

Tears burned the brim of my eyes, but I refused to cry. I didn't want to cry in front of him and show how weak I am.

Unbuckling my seatbelt, I unlocked the doors but before I could get out Alex stopped me. His hand rested on my thigh before moving to my face.

"Come here baby." He held my face in place as he inched his closer to me. His soft lips moved on mine, making all the pain go away. Alex pecked my lips one last time before pulling away. "I love you Majesty."

A smile crept onto my face as those four words left his lips. A genuine smile spread across his face as I kissed him one last time. "I love you too Alexander."

Those four simple words is making this so much easier now. All I have to do is go in, get rid of this unwanted baby and come back.

"We can sniff some once we get back to my place."

I nodded my head and hurried out of his car. I practically ran inside the clinic's doors. After signing in I sat down, but not for long. My name was soon called and before I knew it I was in the room waiting for a doctor.

"Good evening Ms. Collins." She spoke while looking down at the clipboard with my paper on it. "I see you're here for an abortion, correct?"

"Yes ma'am." I gave a small nod.

She placed the clipboard on the table before sitting down in bed rolling chair. "Just go ahead and lay back, I just want to check everything and make sure you're okay." She explained. I lifted my shirt and shivered as the cold gel was placed on my flat stomach. "Are you considering the pills or a different alternative?"

"The pills."

She nodded and moved the probe around on my stomach. I refused to turn my head to look at the screen. As soon as my eyes land on it, I won't go through with it.

I have to go through with this. I need Alexander in my life.

"I'm not picking up a heartbeat.." She spoke quietly while keeping her eyes focused on the screen.

My heart beat quickened as I sat up slightly to look at the screen. She continued to move the probe around, but a loud heart beat didn't come through.

He doctor's eyes slowly met mine as a frown took over her lips.

"Shut the fuck up with that crying!" Alex shouted from the kitchen. "It's not that big of a deal!"

My teeth sunk in my quivering lip as I tried to hold back my tears. Alex entered the living room with a blunt between his lips. He took the spot next to me, keeping his eyes on mine.

"What're you crying for Majesty?"

"Princeton, our fucking baby died!" I shrieked with tears streaming down my face.

He took a puff of his blunt before letting out a huff. "The baby died, big deal. You were going to kill it anyway."

"You're right.." I took the cocaine laced weed as Alex handed it to me.

"I know." He chuckled and kisses my lips. "Love you Majesty."

"I love you too Alex."

He grinned and wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me on top of him so I could straddle him. He took the blunt from me and put it out before carrying me upstairs.

• • •

🙃

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

3.3M 120K 61
𝚈𝙾𝚄'𝚁𝙴 𝙼𝚈 𝚂𝙰𝙻𝚅𝙰𝙶𝙴, 𝚈𝙾𝚄'𝚁𝙴 𝙼𝚈 𝙱𝙰𝙻𝙰𝙽𝙲𝙴
141K 6.9K 29
de·sire noun a strong feeling of wanting to have something or wishing for something to happen chapter updates daily! COMPLETED & NEEDS TO BE EDITED !
2.1M 99.8K 31
𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙧𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙤𝙣𝙚. 𝙍𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙘𝙚, 𝙧𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚.
3.7M 129K 68
I was a boy when I met her and loving her taught me how to be a man. ** This book features MATURE THEMES including violence, strong language, sexual...