Armageddon. #2

By Lady_Of_The_Worlds

The second installment. Don't read unless you like heartbreak. More

Copyright
Recap
The Beginning Of An End.
Efforts.
Debriefing
Nightmares
Trek.
Carrying On
Attention!
Thoughts
Two Weeks, Several Decades Later.
Family.
Forgive Me!
Go Somewhere
Deadly
Thoughts.
Preparing
Just Checking In
Jacks POV
Send Off
Meet Ugly(Nick)
*waves awkwardly*
Jack POV
Nick POV
JADY SHIPPERS!
Judy POV
Jack POV
Nick POV
Connor POV
Note:
Last thing.

Rogues

445 23 27
By Lady_Of_The_Worlds

I dream of Judy and Darcy.

I don't know why.

They were intertwined, connected, tethered together by some force that was connected to me, somehow.

I woke up, trying to clutch on to that memory, of those two, trying to see what the similarity was.

But reality brought me a hungry stomach, and the ashes of a burnt out fire. Another day in Paradise.

I quickly feed myself, with plants gathered around the forest, and piled neatly, to be consumed upon my awakening.

Someone's watching me.

I don't give it away, that I know that there's a watcher. I've been trained too well for that.

So I crouch, pretending that I don't know exactly where the intruder is hiding, or that he exists at all. I have to wait.

I throw my pack on, settling the straps comfortably. It's light enough that I can fight in it, if needed.

I start walking, south, towards the compound, my team, and my future. Without the ZSS, I don't really know who I am. They made me, molded me into what I am, and that's not a debt lightly repaid.

I think of Hopps, of Darcy, again, my thoughts tripping over them.

They're a puzzle I can't solve, why I always think of them together. Even though they've never met. They are both thought of in the same breath.

My watcher is following me. I feel slightly insulted. He's clearly making no attempt to walk quietly, and his footsteps almost echo in my ears. Amateur.

I wait, and stop suddenly, looking up as if I had seen something. Naturally, he'd be looking, too, to see what had made me stop.

I quickly launch myself backwards, spinning in mid air, so that I'm facing him.... er, HER.

She smirks. Anger rises up, but I shove it down, repressed, but not gone. I might need it.

She's a fox. But something about her tail and ears are off. A little too long. A little too short. She's a hybrid.

She puts her paws on her hips, posing. She's attractive, but in a way that reminds you of ice. Cold and untouchable.

"Impressive. But a little sloppy. Far from home, city boy?" She cocks an eyebrow, looking at me calculatingly, running her eyes over me.

"No." I say, pouring the native charm and politeness into my voice. "Just passing through. Who are you, stranger? And why were you following me?"

* @Moonthephantom for the idea for the Rogues. Four of the Rogues leader belong to them. Thank you.*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.4K 793 14
Just for my own enjoyment. Middle school/high school ages. If you dont like it, dont read it.
2.3K 27 7
OKAYYYY!!! SO THIS IS PART TWO OF THE BOOK! if you haven't read the first first book, please I W will recommend you to please read it before jumping...
4.3K 357 29
Please don't read unless you have read Loves Me For Me you will have a better understanding if you read that first!💓💕🙏🏾
425K 7.7K 200
Another oneshots book open to requests (keep in mind some requests, like gore, may be rejected) But I'm open to any suggestions.