Can't Love You More Than This...

By Natalie7457

Sophie Adams is a student at Wichita State University where she is the captain of the volleyball team. Jonath... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28

Chapter 19

270 3 0
By Natalie7457

* Skip to November 19th *
* Sophie's POV *

Today I woke up at 7 o'clock in a hotel bed yet again. I was getting kinda sick of hotel beds and I still had 10 more days of hotel beds.

Today was November 19th, exactly a year after Jon and I started dating so in other words it was our 1 year anniversary.

I took a shower, French braided my hair, did my make up, and got dressed in skinny jeans, a long sleeve Blackhawks shirt, and black boots. I went down to the lobby and found Jon and half of the team down there ready to go to practice.

I walked over to Jon and he wrapped his arms around me before bending down and whispering in my ear:

Happy anniversary babe, I love you so much.

I love you too, I replied.

You up for a date on our 1 year?

Of course.

Great, be ready by 6 in fancy clothes.

I will be.

He gave me a quick kiss and then returned to his full height of 6'2 to go out to the bus.

My stomach has started hurting constantly now and I can't wait for my appointment in 13 days.

We got to the arena and had practice and then the team surprised Jon and I with lunch since it was our anniversary.

After lunch we all went back to the hotel and I went through my suitcase and duffle bag looking for something to wear. Since it was rather cold outside I chose to wear a grey sweater dress, black pantyhose, black 4" heels, and a maroon infinity scarf.

At 4 o'clock I took my braid out and straightened my wavy hair and swiped my make up off and re-did it adding a light layer of lipstick and winging my eyeliner. After my hair and make-up was done I put on my pantyhose, dress, scarf, and my heels getting ready with 15 minutes to spare.

At 6 Jonathan knocked on my door and looked me up and down with wide eyes when I opened the door.

You look absolutely amazing as always babe, he said when he finally snapped out of it.

Thank you, you look pretty damn good also, I replied. He was wearing a black suit and looked as good as he does every time he wears a suit for a game.

We left the hotel and went to an extremely fancy looking restaurant. We walked in and were seated in the corner of restaurant sitting right under a string of lights that traveled all the way around the restaurant. We ordered our drinks and when those came we ordered our food, I got marinated chicken on a pile of linguini that was absolutely devine.

After our main dishes Jonathan ordered us a chocolate lava cake for us to share since he knew I had a sweet tooth.

When we finished the meal and Jon called the waitress over to take a picture of us. Jon grabbed my hand and we both turned toward his phone for the picture but as soon as the picture was taken Jon grabbed my face and kissed me. He pulled apart and then the waiter handed him the phone and our check to him.

While he paid the check I looked at the pictures and sent a couple of them to my phone. I got on Instagram on my phone and saw that Avery had posted a picture of her and Pat for their anniversary saying:

I can't believe it's been a whole year with this cutie and I can't wait to see him again!

I decided to comment on her pic saying:

Pat was so happy this morning and I know it was because of your anniversary!

After I commented I went and posted the picture the waitress got of Jon and I kissing with the caption:

1 whole year with him! I really can't believe it, time flies when you're in love! ❤️

After Jon got his credit card back we left and got in a cab back to the hotel.

We reached the hotel and went to him and Pat's room where we watched a movie and fell asleep together after we had changed clothes.

* Skip to November 30th *

Today is the last day of the circus trip and I can't wait to be home but first we have a game against the Avalanche tonight and then a trip back to Chicago before I can crawl into my bed with Jon right next to me.

The guys had a morning skate and then went back to the hotel while the crew did all our stuff before the guys started arriving again for the game.

We won the game and the crew packed everything up as quickly as possible before loading it onto the truck, driving to the airport, and loading all of the stuff from the truck into the plane.

We landed in Chicago at midnight and unloaded everything before taking the truck to the arena and unloading it all deciding we would put the locker room back together tomorrow morning.

Jon and I finally got home at 1:30 and immediately changed and got into bed.

* Skip to December 2nd *

Today is my appointment with the GI specialist and I had to call into work saying I had an appointment and wasn't coming in today so Jon just left for practice and I was just about to leave for the appointment.

I drove to the doctors office and waited for my name to be called. My name was called and they took my height and weight and all of the fun stuff before the actual doctor came in and took a look at me. She asked me a bunch of questions and did a couple tests on me before deciding that I should get a blood test so I went upstairs and got blood drawn before making an appointment for next week so they could tell me the results of the blood test and going home.

Jon was at home when I got there and I told him what happened while making macaroni and little smokies.

* Skip to December 9th *

Today is the day of my second appointment with the GI to find out if the blood test helped us figure anything out. The Blackhawks were also playing the Bruins at home.

I went to practice and did all of my work before  leaving for my appointment. I reached the office and sat down for about ten minutes before I was called back.

Well Sophie, your blood test results came back and it appears as if you have celiac disease, have you ever heard of that? The doctor asked me.

No I have not, I replied.

It is when you consume gluten and it destroys your small intestine causing stomach pain and if you don't stop eating it your small intestine will become so damaged you could become malnourished and die.

You think that is what I have.

Yes, because two of your blood counts were extremely high, one of them is supposed to be below 6 and yours is at 96 and another one of them is supposed to be 4 or lower and yours is at 18, the only way I would know for sure if you had celiac would be to perform an upper scope. It is very minor, you just have to come in to the office next to mine and be put out and I will feed a camera down your throat to your small intestine to see any and all damage.

Ok so when can you do this scope? I asked.

Well the sooner the better and I can get you in on Friday at 8 or at noon.

Could I do it at noon on Friday please.

Of course, I'll put you in and I'll see you in two days.

See you then, I replied and walked out of the office.

I drove back to the arena and went down to the locker room to find Troy and Jim talking and waiting for the guys like usual.

I pulled out my phone and texted Jon what was going to happen and when I walked over to Troy and Jim they both looked up at me.

Any news Sophie? Troy asked me.

She thinks I have celiac disease and I'm going in for a scope on Friday, I told them.

What's celiac disease?

It's when you consume gluten and it destroys you small intestine.

The guys started showing up and Jon made sure I was ok before going and getting ready.

The guys beat the Bruins 4-0 getting a shutout for Crow.

I did all of my work duties and then Jon and I went home.

* Skip to Friday Decmeber 11th *

Today is the day of my scope but I scheduled it for noon so that I could go to practice in the morning and then Jon could come with me to the office.

Practice ended at 10:45 since we had early morning practice and Jon and I headed to the office directly after he showered in the locker room.

We reached the office the recommended 45 minutes before the scheduled time for me to fill out paperwork. I checked in and filled out all of the paperwork before I got called back.

The nurse led Jonathan and I back to surgery prep where I was asked to change into a hospital gown. I changed into the gown and laid down on the bed before a nurse came in and gave me an IV. After the IV was in the Doctor came and talked to me and Jon for a minute before Jon gave me a quick kiss and I was wheeled away to the operating room. They put the sleep medicine in my IV and had me start to countdown from 10 but I only got to 5 before I was out.

I woke up and slowly opened my eyes seeing that everything was very blurry.

Hey baby, how are you feeling? I heard Jon ask me.

Mostly fine but my throat is really dry and I can't see, I replied.

Alright I'll get the nurse for you.

He brought back the nurse and I started being able to see better. She gave me some water and told me I could get dressed to leave.

She left my little curtained off section and Jon helped me since I couldn't stand up by myself. After I got dressed the doctor and my nurse came in to talk to me.

So with look at you small intestine it has been determined that you do have celiac disease, here are a couple pamphlets on it, I need to see you in two months to see how you are doing without gluten but other than that you are free to go unless you have any questions, my doctor said.

I told her I was fine and Jon went to pulled the car up front while the nurses helped me walk outside. I got into the front seat of Jon's car and he drove us home where I walked into the living room and laid down on the couch. Jon knew I was hungry since I hadn't eaten anything all day so he went to the kitchen and looked for something gluten free to eat.

He couldn't find anything so he went to the store and bought some gluten free things before coming back home and cooking them up for me. He came into the living room with two plates of gluten free cheeseburger hamburger helper, something I used to eat all the time as a kid.

He moved me forward on the couch and then settled in behind me. We flipped through the channels until we found Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets on HBO.

* Skip to December 20th *

Today is the day that Jonathan parents and brother are flying in and I finally get to meet them, but not only that it marks that there is only 2 more days until my parents come and visit for the holidays.

Jon and I drove to the airport and waited for Bryan, Andree, and David's plane to arrive. They finally landed and soon after three people were calling Jon's name and quickly walking towards him.

Andree reached him first and gave him a really big hug followed by Bryan and then David. After they said hello the attention turned towards me.

And you must be the wonderful Sophie Jonathan never shuts up about, Andree said.

It's very nice to meet you Mrs Toews, I said.

Oh please dear, called me Andree.

I was introduced to his dad and his brother and just as Jonathan predicted they seemed to like me.

Their bags finally came and we got into Jon's car and started the drive towards our house.

We pulled up to the gate and Jon punched in the number since it was 8:30 pm and the gates were closed.

We pulled up to the house and I helped everyone get their bags and show them their rooms. Seeing as we had 4 extra bedrooms it was perfect for Andree and Bryan to have one, David to have one, and for my parents to have one.

They put all of their stuff down and then came back to the living room where Jon and I were.

We sat in the living room and talked about a lot of stuff before we all decided to go to bed.

I woke up at 6:30 and took a shower before getting dressed in leggings, a long sleeve volleyball Tshirt I had, and boots since it had snowed last night, after I got dressed I French braided my hair and did my make up. After I was almost ready to go I woke Jon up and then made breakfast for everyone since they told us they wanted to go to practice.

Since I was diagnosed with celiac most everything in the house was gluten free but Jon never said anything so I hoped he was ok with it.

I made gluten free pancakes and scrambled eggs. I grabbed plates, juice glasses, and silverware out of the cupboard before Jon came down the stairs with his family behind him.

This smells amazing dear, Andree said to me.

Thank you, it's just about ready, I replied.

Jon and his family all commented on how good the food was making me feel slightly accomplished for proving that I could cook in front of Jon's parents.

So Sophie what is your family like? Bryan asked me.

What would you like to know? I asked him.

Just the basic stuff about them, we are meeting your parents tomorrow.

Well my mom's name is Trisha and my dads name is Charlie, they are both 52, and they have been married for 32 years. I have two sisters, the oldest is Nicole, she is 27, is married to Cody Walther, and they have a daughter Natalie who is almost a year old. Paige is the middle child, she is 25, she is engaged to Skylar Henry, and they are scheduled to be wed in April.

Your family sounds wonderful! Andree exclaimed.

We left for the ice house after we finished eating and I went off to my work while Jonathan changed for practice. I brought the pucks out to the bench, brought out several extra sticks, and filled up the water bottles before practice started.

Practice was perfectly normal and so was my routine after.

After all of my work was done we rounded everyone up and went to Red Robin for lunch where I had a burger without a bun and bottomless fries.

So dear, what is you have again? Andree asked me.

I have celiac disease wishing is when I eat gluten it destroys my small intestine so if I keep eating it my stomach will continue to hurt and I will become malnourished causing me to die.

What is gluten exactly? Bryan asked me.

It is mostly wheat, barley, and rye, I replied.

We ate lunch and then went back to the house where I worked out in the basement before going to my office and doing some paperwork from work and planning Christmas dinner further.

After I finished that I went upstairs and joined Jon and his family in the living room where they were of course watching NHL network.

I made lasagna for dinner and David liked it so much he had three servings!

After dinner we watched Rat Race one of the funniest movies ever before we went to bed.

I woke up at 6:30, took a shower, did my make up, braided my hair, and then got dressed in fleece leggings, one of my red Blackhawk hoodies, and black boots.

I got Jon up and he took a shower while I made a breakfast of scrambled eggs and gluten free toast and jelly.

We all ate breakfast and then made our way to the ice house for the last practice before Christmas.

Practice was perfectly normal and right after Jon and I both drove to the airport to wait for my parents arrival.

We made it to the terminal they were supposed to come out of and waited for 15 minutes before their plane came in. We had to wait another 10 minutes for them to get off the plane but as soon as they walked through the door they saw me and Jon and made their way over.

My mom reached me first and gave me a really big hug before letting me go and hugging Jonathan. My dad also wrapped me in his arms before saying hello to Jon.

Mom, dad this is Andree, Bryan, and David, Andree, Bryan, and David meet my mom Trisha and my dad Charlie. They all said hello to each other and then we left for the house.

I showed my parents to their room and they got settled in before I made grilled cheese sandwiches for everyone.

* Skip to December 25th *

Well today is Christmas and I woke up at 6 o'clock so I could make my families traditional meal for Christmas morning, scrambled eggs and cinnamon rolls.

Everyone joined me for breakfast at 7 all of us in our pajamas still.

After we ate we moved into the living room to open presents. Jon's parents opened theirs first from us and from David, then my parents opened their gift from Jon and I, and then David opened his gifts from Jon and I and his parents. After they had all opened their gifts Jon and I opened presents from my parents, his parents, and David before opening the ones we were giving each other.

From my parents I got a new book from my favorite author Kiera Cass, 2 pairs of leggings, and a sweatshirt.  From Jon's parents I got a pair of black converse  and from David I got a gift card for Forever 21. Jon got me a new long sleeve Blackhawks short with his name and number, a new pair of black Uggs, a silver heart with an arrow going through it, and a Fitbit.

Thank you guys so much, I love it all, I told everyone.

After we all opened our presents we cleaned up our little mess and then went and got dressed so we could go to Avery and Pat's place.

I got dressed in a dark green sweater, skinny jeans, and black boots. Once we were all ready we grabbed all of the presents for Avery and Pat, I grabbed the food I had made for lunch, and then grabbed our coats since it had snowed even more last night making it a white Christmas.

We reached Avery and Pat's and and smelt lots of food Avery had made. I went into the kitchen and set all of the dishes down before giving Avery a big hug.

We all exchanged gifts and then ate the delicious meal Avery made for us.

At 3 we all including Avery and Pat went back to our house where all of the guys went into the living room and watched football while all of the girls helped me make dinner.

At 5:30 all of the food we could possibly need was made and we sat down to dinner. We had lots of conversation over dinner and then after dinner we moved to the living room to watch a Christmas movie.

We watched Elf and then Pat and Avery left for their apartment and we all went up to bed.

I got ready for bed and crawled in next to Jon snuggling up to his bare chest and falling asleep.

-------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys!

Here's chapter 19, sorry it took so long for me to update but school, volleyball, and band are keeping me really busy right now.

Hockey is finally back! I love watching Canada vs USA last night.

Also thank you so much for 474 reads and 24 votes I can't believe it!

- Nat

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

187K 3.9K 66
“I’m in love with you like the moon is in love with the Earth, following it around like a child chasing their hero, controlling the tides of life tha...
313K 4.3K 56
"I wouldn't do that if I were you", I hear Shawzy say as I'm about to turn the corner. I stop before I walk into the conversation. "And why is that...
13.4K 307 16
Arianna Westbrook is a New York socialite who decided she wanted... needed a change and to start over somewhere else. With a twist of fate she ended...
27.9K 519 61
Jonathan fell in love with a girl who could never be his. And despite knowing that he still charged his life with her and she shared hers with him. A...