Airport

By YourBenevolentRulers

Two people wait at the London airport on an empty night. Though many find air travel boring, these two discov... More

Untitled Part 1

3 0 0
By YourBenevolentRulers

The engine of the car roars to life. Both girls sit in the backseat, their luggage in the trunk of the dull, yellow painted taxi-cab. The ride there is silent and dark. The time on the clock in the car reads 8:47pm, but to them it feels much later. The flight doesn't leave until 1:00am, but Ollivander always makes it a point to be as early as possible in case the airport messes up. After last time, there is no way she'll let that happen again.

The two step out of the car and gather their things from the trunk. Each has a suitcase and a backpack, packed full to accommodate a stay in London for a week. Ollivander pulls her suitcase out first and quickly throws her backpack behind her. As Bianca grabs her backpack, Ollivanderswings her suitcase out in an overly dramatic fashion.

"Ahhh, for you, my darling." she exclaims chivalrously.

"Why, thank you, Love."Bianca replies in an equally dramatic voice. The girls jump up on to the curve, and Bianca throws her arm around Ollivander's neck romantically.

They slowly walk on the wet concrete until it turns dry under the covering over the entrance of the airport. Even though London is a massive city with daily air-traffic, it is surprisingly empty by night.

"Wait! We forgot one!" Ollivander exclaims after turning her head to look back at the road.

"One what?" Bianca asked, turning her head in the same direction. When she saw what her girlfriend meant, she let go of her luggage and grabbedOllivander's hand, dragging her toward the red phone booth quickly. They quickly scrambled inside and looked into each other's eyes.

"Well, no TARDIS here, Love. I guess we'll just have to kiss instead."Ollivander said quietly, before slowly locking lips with Bianca.

They made their permanent mark in the phone booth, a small triangle with an eye in the middle right on the inside handle of the phone. To their knowledge, they may as well have left one of these on every single phone booth in the entire city.

When they finally left the booth and returned to their luggage, they assumed almost the exact same position they were in before. 

The two walked into the airport and winced under the bright lights, which were a bit disorienting after the near dark of the fall evening outside. After going through all the agony of the lines of the airport, it was around 10:00pm.

They collapsed on a few of the chairs near their gate.
"Well love, now we're here obscenely early once again. We've got three hours to kill. Ideas?" Bianca asked, gazing into Ollivander's gorgeous eyes.

Ollivander looked around for a minute after feeling a sharp pain in her neck. "Ouch. Wanna go get a couple neck pillows to sleep all cutely on the plane?"

"I'll of course join you in getting one, but if it's all the same to you, I'm more than happy to use you as a pillow," Bianca said.

"You're right. You are way more comfortable" Ollivander agreed, gazing back into Bianca's eyes longingly, before admiring all the wonderful features of her face. She stared a little too long at her cheekbones before deciding to stand up and offer a hand to help her girlfriend up.

"Where are we going?" Biancaasked, accepting Ollivander's invitation to stand.

"I don't know, yet."Ollivander said, pulling Bianca's arm back around her neck as it so often is.

They then proceeded to wander aimlessly throughout the airport, as they so often did. Bianca kept stopping abruptly to take pictures of people and objects, seemingly at random, but it all made sense to her. She took a fair amount of selfies as well, all of them blurry and goofy looking. 

"Do you realize how much that makes you look like a tourist?"Ollivander laughed, even though Bri always did it no matter where they were. Ollivander had once seenBiancapull out her phone in the middle of a supermarket and take a picture of a shelf full of bread.

Biancashrugged. "I have no shame."

Eventually, they happened upon a hella cute coffee house with old couches, scratched up chairs, and the amazing aroma of coffee beans and pastries.

Biancalooked at Ollivander and widened her eyes, her silent way of saying "Can we?"

Ollivander steered Bianca's feet off course and directly towards the coffee shop, her silent way of saying "You never have to ask."

Bianca grinned, and quickened her pace towards her goal. Practically forcing Ollivander to run.

She stared with her eyes as wide as dinner plates at the monumental menu. It had so many options, she didn't even know where to start.

The two perused the menu for a few minutes, before being confident enough in their decisions to get in the, thankfully, relatively short line.

Ollivander stepped up and addressed the violet-haired woman working at the counter with a cute "Hello."

"Good evening! What can I get for you?" She replied quite enthusiastically, despite the late hour.

"Uhhhhhhh..." Ollivander said out of habit, looking at the menu for a second, acting like the two hadn't just stood there for five minutes within eyesight of the woman deciding what to get. "I'll have the largest hot chocolate you can pour and she'll have a medium caramel latte with extra whipped cream and a coconut macaroon."

"Of course!" the woman behind the counter replied, eagerly preparing their orders. "I'll have that right out for you. Feel free to take a seat."

Bianca led Ollivander by the hand to a couch, and they flopped down, exhausted from the past few hours.

After settling in, Ollivander went back to staring into Bianca's eyes and said, "I love it!"

"What?"Bianca asked in response.

"I'm looking at her," Ollivander answered, grasping Bianca's hand a bit tighter than before.

They leaned up against each other on the couch as if making themselves at home. They both admired the cute little shop for a while, staying silent while listening to the woman fulfill their orders.

When their drinks were finished, they reluctantly got up, but they happily paid the woman with a generous tip.

When Bianca sipped her latte, she all but moaned in ecstasy.

"Ollivander, you've got to try this," she insisted. Ollivander abruptly took her up on her offer, grabbing her girlfriend's drink and taking a small sip.

"Oh, Goddess, that is amazing!" she exclaimed, almost loud enough for the whole airport to hear. 

They went back to aimlessly wandering the airport and looking for something to do, sipping on their drinks and walking in sync. They watched people come and go, boarding planes that were doing the same thing.

When Ollivander saw an empty arcade, she was so happy that she nearly spilled hot cocoa all over herself. "Bianca! Look!" she exclaimed, giving her girlfriend the same longing eyes that she had received earlier.

Bianca looked into her eyes, nodded sharply, and they simultaneously started running towards the arcade. They both had their sights set on the brightly colored air-hockey table against the wall. They slammed their drinks down, threw in a few quarters, and took their spots on their respective sides of the table. 

"You're goin' down!" Ollivanderexclaimed, serving the round disc to Bianca. After eleven brutal matches of fight-to-the-death air hockey playing, Bri ended up kicking Ollivander's butt, seven to four. 

"Do you want to try to redeem yourself somehow on a different game, or do we want to wander around the airport s'more?" Bianca asked.

"I really want a s'more." Ollivander said, completely jumping off of Bianca's train of thought. "Do you think anyone here sells anything s'more-flavored?"

"Ollivander, you're holding a cup of liquid chocolate in your hand!" Bianca pointed out.

"Oh... yeah. Maybe not, then."

"Ollivander. Refocus. We've got two hours. Whadayawanna do?"

"Only two hours, oh no! So much to do, so little time!" Ollivander replied sarcastically. "I don't know. We can do whatever you want to do." She said, much less sarcastic this time. "Actually, I kind of want to go watch the planes take off and land for a minute, if that's cool with you. I'm sorry, I'm a child like that."

Bianca smiled. "That sounds perfect," she said, grabbing Ollivander's hand.

The two wandered over to a towering window where the endless fields of tarmac could be seen going in all directions. The mechanical beasts that frequented there came and went as passengers of the night arrived and departed to wherever they may be going.

"This is the part they always leave out in the stories." Ollivander whispered, almost so quiet that Bianca had to lean in to hear what she was saying.

"What?" Bianca asked, almost not catching what she had said the first time.

"In books and movies, everybody's always going places. They always miss the parts in between like this one. This moment that you and I are sharing, one that I treasure as a future memory when I waited here with the one person I love most in the dark of night to get somewhere else, it wouldn't be written about in the story. Yet, to me, these are the types of moments I remember the most vividly. I can hardly make out bits and pieces of any vacation, but waiting here with you... that's what matters to me." Ollivander said all of this while continuing to bob her eyes up and down rhythmically with the sound of engines speeding around and above them. She didn't take her eyes off of the window for a second, but her words seemed to carry themselves effortlessly around Bianca.

While Ollivander was endlessly fascinated by the ascents and descents of the planes, Bianca couldn't take her eyes off of her girlfriend.

Surely, I must be looking at the most wonderful person ever to grace the face of the Earth, she thought, filled with awe.

She began smiling deliriously and started playing with with the hair of her beloved, twisting it into all manners of braids.

Eventually, Ollivander glanced over at her. "What?" She asked, confused.

Biancaonly gave a mischievous half smile and shook her head. "You."

Ollivander could only smile and divert her eyes as her cheeks became hot enough to melt metal.

Bianca's gaze was finally drawn away when she saw a woman with dark auburn hair and a slightly disheveled business suit collapse into a chair across from them. She glanced wearily at her watch, before deciding sitting up wasn't worth the effort. She laid down across a couple seats, and after a few moments, was asleep.

Roughly 7.5 minutes later, a green haired teenage boy holding two coffees came and sat next to her.

He smiled sleepily, and slumped down in his seat, before plugging in two ear buds and closing his eyes.

Bianca pondered upon this for a few moments before nudging Ollivander and gesturing to the pair.

"What do you think their story is?" Bianca asked.

"What do you mean?"

"It's so strange how everyone has their own life and family and friends and such, but to anyone who's not part of that life, they just blend in with the scenery," Bianca mused. 

"Mom is a great businesswoman. She stays busy, but her work takes her places all over the world. She's doing her best to provide, and she's doing damn well, but son doesn't have any other family. With mom off for days and weeks at a time, he has to come with."

Biancaconsidered this possibilitittie. "If you're going for logical and likely, yes, probably. Although I was going to say he's a secret agent in training who refuses to give up his individualitittie, and she's his experienced mentor, who despite wishing he would stick to the missions, admires his creativity and loves him like the mother he doesn't have".  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.9K 2.8K 48
Book One of the Adler series ** St. Sinclair, the illustrious academy honoured nationwide as a catalyst for the intellectually gifted youth. Though i...
48.8K 1K 54
not you're average mafia brothers and sister story.. This is the story of Natasha Clark, an assassin, mafia boss, and most of all the long lost siste...
4.1M 88.3K 62
•[COMPLETED]• Book-1 of Costello series. Valentina is a free spirited bubbly girl who can sometimes be very annoyingly kind and sometimes just.. anno...
46.1K 2.8K 15
الكاتبه : رند السبيعي✍🏼 روايتي الاولى أتمنى تعجبكم واستمتعو...