Two Worlds: Clash of the Guar...

By YiLinOoi

*Vampires* II *Romance* II *Action* Elli Nilsson is twenty years old when she is abducted as hostage by a hor... More

0 - A Backstreet Boy - Part I
0 - A Backstreet Boy - Part I.5
0 - A Backstreet Boy - Part II
0 - A Backstreet Boy - Part II.5
I - The Blue Portal - Part I
I - The Blue Portal - Part II
II - The Dark Tunnel - Part I
II - The Dark Tunnel - Part I.5
II - The Dark Tunnel - Part II
III - Spearwood Sorcery Academy
IV - The Weapon Cellar - Part I
IV - The Weapon Cellar -- Part I.5
IV - The Weapon Cellar - Part II
V - The Clandestine Triad - Part I
V - The Clandestine Triad - Part II
VI - Rock-Fella Mansion
VII - The Hellhounds' Attack
VIII - The Hot Sandstorm - Part I
VIII - The Hot Sandstorm - Part II
IX - Pokkadon Poltergeists' Pub
X - The Singing Mushroom
XI - The Death Stopwatch
XII - A Loyal Vampist - Part I
XII - A Loyal Vampist - Part II
XIII - The Free Ride
XIV - The New Acquaintance
XV - Chilli and Curry
XVI - The Earth Wanderers - Part I
XVI - The Earth Wanderers - Part II
XVII - The Red Merpeople - Part I
XVIII - His Lovely Wives - Part I
XVIII - His Lovely Wives - Part II
XIX - The First Kiss
XX - The Cupid Lake
XXI - Debate in Underworld - Part I
XXI - Debate in Underworld - Part II
XXII - The Desert Goblins - Part I
XXII - The Desert Goblins - Part II
XXIII - The Blind Witch
XXIV - A Broken Trust - Part I
XXIV - A Broken Trust - Part II
XXV - The Crazy Whirlpool - Part I
XXV - The Crazy Whirlpool - Part II
XXVI - The Air Bridge
XXVII - Coffin in Ice
XXVIII - The Lost Memory
XXIX - The Vampist's Kiss
XXX - A New Journey - Part I
XXX - A New Journey - Part II

XVII - The Red Merpeople - Part II

198 17 3
By YiLinOoi

Vadiraj

October 6, in the year of 8845, Reminis Calendar (RC) 

Vadiraj sat at the peak of the volcano; it still had the fading scent of Elli. Arching his left leg up to form an upside down V-shape, he placed his elbow on it and leaned against his palm. The expedition of Elli and her friends was getting more and more thrilling. He knew they were coming after him but he wasn't afraid. He never feared sorcerers. He was biding his time, waiting for Elli's expedition to lure another brethren. He only feared those with high status quo. If he took down that man's head, he'd be the real king.

Smiling, he looked up at the sky. It was almost full moon. The Vampists needed to absorb the moonlight to keep their flesh looked rejuvenating. It was an alternative if they were lacked of infants' blood. Of course, they prefered the second choice. Sitting at the high area, Vadiraj saw shadows looming in the darkness and heard wails of pain when fangs tusking into flesh. His goons were enjoying themselves.

There was a reason, Dominic Hulin, the Chief Sorcerer, prohibited Black-Borns to stroll under the moonlight. They had blind courage and wouldn't think twice to defeat their enemies. Silver-Borns were mercenary and could be bought over by monetary terms. Golden-Borns were already rich themselves. They wouldn't do anything silly that would confront their safety and wealth. When he was thinking of the ploys he could prepare for Elli's and her friends, he saw five wispy souls roaming in the night sky, lost.

Time for a game. He knew they were rescued but they were unconscious. He slid down the volcano and landed on the rocky earth. Stomping his staff on the surface, he descended into the Underworld. He couldn't waste any time. If the souls of Elli and her friends returned to their husks, he'd lose the fun. He strode to the edge of the first floor, where a grumpy old man was throwing his log book. 

"Fat Bob, I need you to do me a favour," Vadiraj shouted. He swiped away the quieing ghosts with his staff to reach the front line. The ghosts scampered around upon the touch of his staff and cloaks, but they couldn't run away. Their feet were being chained. Vadiraj scanned them. They were mostly some old fools his goons had just sucked the blood. The Underworld was going to be overload again.

"My name is Bobbadelion. That name is the one and only in Reminis, a special name." The chief Grim Reaper ground his teeth. He leaned on his walking stick and limped towards Vadiraj, swinging his round belly at the same time. His hood fell, revealing his bald head, like the head of a shaved chicken. When he reached Vadiraj, he whispered, "At least, give me some face in front of these newbies."

"I. Don't. Care. Kick these old souls aside. I have an important mission for you." A huge cage fell down at Vadiraj's words and caged the ghosts. "There, they'll know who to respect now. If you have any problems with them, come to me. Now listen, Bobby. I want you to chain the souls of my bride and her friends." Before Vadiraj's words echoed away, Elli's souls and her friends popped in front. 

Their mouths opened widely, cursing, but no voice came out. Elli tried to kick the chains on her feet away; another circles of manacles clasped around her ankles. She dug her fingers into her cloak. She had lost her sword somewhere, but she still had her dagger. She prepared to throw it at Vadiraj's smug face when tendrils sprouted out and bound her wrists.

Fat Bob threw his log book on the heads of the new comers. It spun around them like a twirling boomerang, but it didn't drop. After five seconds, it flew back to the Grim Reaper's hands. "My lord, they aren't meant to die yet. At least, not today. We must return their souls back to their husks."

Vadiraj didn't hear him. He eyed the book with a wild glint in his eyes. "You have an interesting treasure." He snatched the book out of Fat Bob's hands and flipped the pages. He wanted to see when would be the death dates of Elli and his friends. Nothing. All he could see were blank pages. 

It was Fat Bob's turn to grin. He snatched back his book with a wide smile. "Only the eyes of the Grim Reapers can see the hidden death dates, my lord. Having said, I urge you to allow me to return these souls. Death isn't a matter you could fool around, my lord." Fat Bob stared at Vadiraj with his stern grey, beady and cataract-filled eyes. He looked even more comical when he was angry.

Vadiraj sighed. This old man nagged too much. "I won't hold them for long. I just want to spend some time with my bride. This is the only way I can have her in the Underworld, when she's in a dream state. You can cage the others, but don't let my men know, especially Dominic. He nags, just like you."

"But how could that escape their eyes?"

"Use your brain, Bobby. Cover them up with some black canvas or anything you like."

"You've just give me some ideas, my lord." The old Grim Reaper stroked his silvery beard.

"Also, wipe their memories when they're returned to earth. I don't want any unnecessary hassles. If you fail my order, I'll ensure your head becomes the embellishment of my throne. Do you understand me?" Vadiraj grasped the dark collars of the Grim Reaper.

Fat Bob's legs shook like a chicken having a cold shiver. "Yes, yes. All your needs and wishes will be attended to at a snap of your fingers. Enjoy your honeymoon, my lord."

Vadiraj smirked and strode towards Elli. The moment he grabbed her hands, the manacles and tendrils bound around her receded into the ground. Hugging her up like a groom would to a bride, he stepped into his personal portal. He needed to get there before he drew the attention of his servants. When he reached his own floor, he sprinted to his bedroom. Elli kept hitting his chest with her fists, but nothing could foul his mood now. When they reached their destination, he locked the door. 

"Welcome to your new home, Elli. Do you like it?"

Elli scowled at him, and Vadiraj exclaimed, "Ahh, I've forgotten." He snapped his fingers and Elli found her voice back. It was so useful to have Grim Reapers under his command.

"What have you done to me? I want to see my friends." Without waiting for a reply, she fished out her dagger, and cut through Vadiraj's neck. She didn't succeed. She stared wide-eyed at the thin blood line, which slowly faded into his white neck. "Your head didn't drop."

"Elli, why can't you forgive me even when you're dead?" Elli couldn't hear the speech just now at the Death Administration, so he could play around with his lie.

"I-I'm dead?" Fear violated her big brown pupils. 

"Mm-hmm." Vadiraj nodded. He tried very hard to suppress his grin.

With a loud thug, Elli plopped down on the floor. The room was filled with her wail of shock and sorrow, but suddenly, she lifted her tear-stained face. "Wait a minute, I am a human. Pokkadon said humans have their own Underworld. Why am I here?"

Shite. This girl is smart. Vadiraj smoothened his cloak, while the cogs in his brain quickly searched for an answer. "Because I am the lord of the Underworld. I can do whatever I want."

"Can-can you please bring me to see my father then?" The hatred in Elli's voice was soon replaced by a feminine plea. She believed Vadiraj's words. She was dead. No one could escape a volcano eruption when they were in the volcano itself. It's useless to hate him anymore when I'm dead. Mother said hatred would prevent me from being reincarnated. I failed to avenge father's death, after all.

Reading her thought, Vadiraj's heart softened. He wished he didn't need to lie. It took him a while before he answered, "I don't know where he is." At least, this was true. "As for your friends, yes, I know you're going to ask this. Don't worry about them. Fat Bob would entertain them to their heart content." Vadiraj walked over to his wardrobe near the basin, and removed his cloak.  

He then took out a white blouse and threw it at Elli. "Here, change over this. I don't have new clothes for you yet. My sister doesn't like to share. The Grim Reapers aren't good in shopping."

Elli grabbed the blouse but didn't move. Her eyes swept around the room. The atmosphere didn't look as bad as what she saw in her dreams. It was no longer dinky. Candles adorned the black stone wall, and the scent of juniper infused the air. Juniper leaves hang down from the tall dark ceiling like green mistletoes. She inhaled the woody pine-tree-like fragrance, and felt herself instantly at ease. Her vision then zoomed in to the private bath sitting across Vadiraj's bed, shunned only by a partition.

"Where's my bedroom? Where do you sleep? I didn't see any coffin."  

"First, I don't sleep in a coffin. Second, I can give you your own chamber, but that'll frighten you. It'll take time for my kin to accept you. Get change quick. I'll wait you at my study."

Elli dipped into the hot bath once Vadiraj was out of sight. Vadiraj waited at his study behind the private bath area. He lifted his feet up to the desk and chewed the juniper berries. When Elli appeared in front of him again, for the first time, he could hear the throbbing of his dead heart. His blouse draped perfectly over her body. The V-shaped cutting covered half of her bosoms, revealing the middle part of her chest. He could see her round nipples showing from behind the thin fabric. She didn't have any pants on, only her undergarment. Her long creamy legs sashayed gracefully towards him.

"Are you expecting me to wear this only?" Elli's fingers combed through her hair in frustration.

"Why, you look delicious. Have a seat." Vadiraj pointed to a red leather couch in front of his desk.

Elli swallowed a throatful of saliva and sat down gingerly; her arms crossed over her chest. Vadiraj stood up and joined her. Elli threw him a resentful look and moved further to her right, until her skin plastered to the arm holder. Vadiraj smirked but remained his seat on the other edge. 

"Go ahead. Ask me any questions," he said, gulping down another juniper berry.

"When will you stop killing people?"

Vadiraj tsked and shook his head. "I thought you're going to ask how I was doing without you." He shifted closer to Elli, twirling her wet hair with his fingers. 

"Answer me," Elli demanded.

"I am the leader of my people, Elli. I have a duty to fulfil. I need to build my empire for the sake of my kin." Vadiraj's voice was soft and smooth. "I'm just like you. When you're in front of your friends, you hate me. But you didn't know, subconsciously, you have a merciful side towards me. I've to kill to fulfil my duty. You've to kill me to fulfil yours." He sat side by side with Elli; she didn't push him away.

"No, that's not true. I don't sympathise you. I hate you." Elli frowned, but the second time she found her voice again, it was calm. "Vadiraj, stop. You've reached your summit. Everyone fears you. Isn't that enough? You don't need to kill to obtain blood. There're many ways."

"You learn a lot. Don't you? I'm proud of you." He didn't answer her question. Cushioning his left hand under her waist, he pulled her close to him, and lied her down on the couch. His body slithered up hers like a snake, and Elli bit her lip at the sudden tickling sensation.

"Moan, Elli, please. I know you want to. Express yourself. Do you still want to hate me even when you're dead?" He teased her ear with the tip of his tongue. His hands fondled along the warm and smooth flesh of her naked hips. He could feel her breasts swelled in anticipation; his sex hardened.

Elli's legs opened apart along his hand movements; her hands landed on Vadiraj's waist before she could control them. "You have lots of female Vampists. They are like consorts, eager to spend the night with you. Why me? Please, let me go." Her voice quavered with sudden agitation; she fought hard.

Vadiraj paused. Again, her question tricked him. "I don't know. I've fallen for you the first time I laid my eyes on you. There's no other reason except love itself."

"Why would you hurt me if you love me? You beat me with your staff. You kicked me until I knocked into the giant rock. You took away the life of my father. It hurts."

"I thought you would love to see me as a strong man, a man full of power. I was taught that women like men with strength."

"You have it all wrong, wrong." Elli hit her fists on his chest. Tears wet every inch of her face. 

"Don't resent me. I won't do that anymore, not to you." He wanted to apologise to her but found it hard. He had never spoken those three words before. 

Elli closed her eyes and buried her face into the cushions. Her hands became slack and slid down Vadiraj's chest. Sitting on top of her, Vadiraj leaned forward. He turned her face gently to face him. His lips brushed against hers as he whispered.

"Teach me the ways to satisfy you then. Show me."

"I-I'm not ready. Oh, I don't know what's happening to me. I don't know what I'm thinking. Please, tell me this is only a dream. Tell me that I'll return to hating you when I wake up."

Vadiraj kissed her chest and said. "I won't force you then. You should wake up now."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

699 47 42
There are worse things than death. ___ "What is wrong with you?" I seethed. She had my back against the wall, pinning me down so I couldn't move. Sh...
89.6K 4.2K 22
READ BOOK ONE MY MATE.....THE NERD FIRST Lucas King, the oldest son of Alphas Dimitir and Bennett King, is not your typical 15 year old teenager. Wh...
880K 39.4K 44
***HIGHEST RANKING IN VAMPIRE*** #3 - 26-9-2018 #4 - 13-8-2018 and 23-09-2018 #5 - 29-8-2018 and 5-9-2018 "What happened?" It's all I can muster at t...
57.5K 1.4K 42
The Quarter is quiet. Marcellus controls the vampires. The wolves live like outcasts in the Bayou. The Witches have a rocky peace with the vampires. ...