first impression (l.h)

By smirkyluke

first impression- the way you present yourself in front of someone new More

coffee shop
the view

the mall

30 1 0
By smirkyluke

"I'm pretty sure my bank account is empty right now," I laughed almost tripping over myself.

"We didn't even go to Sephora yet," Alexis laughed, "Don't worry your back account could handle a little more,"

"You're right, there's always room for Sephora,"

We struggle to carry all the things we bought as we make our way to Sephora. The mall is way over packed today. But it's a mall so what do you expect.

"We're here!" We scream at the same time. We haven't been makeup shopping in months. It's about time we restock.

I stop Alexis at the door and look her straight in the eyes. "30 minutes tops,"

"Lauren, me and you both know that's not even enough time to look at highlighters," She made a good point.

"Fine an hour," I told her, "okay let's go!" I laughed.
Each time we went shopping for makeup we'd spend at least an hour swatching lipsticks.

"Lar! Look at these eyeshadows!" Alexis' voice squeaks.

"Bro we gotta get that," I was wowed.

"Which one?"

I looked at her with a blank look, "I don't know I want all of them ," I laughed, "just pick five metallics, I'm gonna go look at highlighters,"

I left her to gaze at all the mezmorizing eyeshadows while I look at all the blinding highlighters.

The highlighters were next to the foundations, so I grabbed a bottle or two. I'm running low anyways.

I called up Alexis to ask her about foundation.

"Hey you still looking at the highlighters?" Alexis answers the phone.

"Yeah but I'm grabbing some foundation, are you running low?" I asked her as my eyes scanned the rows of foundation for my skin tone.

"Oh yes please! I forgot about foundation for a second,"

"Hahaha, did you pick out any eyeshadows yet?"

I look up from the shelves of makeup for a split second and make eye contact with this guy. The eye contact continues as he walks past. I get a full look at his body and just as I look at his hands holding some girls hand I quickly speak back into the phone.

"Oh sorry!" I apologized for not answering the phone for a good 30 seconds, "Alexis?"  I remove my phone from my ear and see that she hung up.

"Lauren!" Someone screams from behind me, causing me to drop my phone into the Sephora makeup basket.

I turn around to see Alexis, "God you scared me,"

"I hung up cause you didn't answer me back," Alexis
states happily, "but whatever it's easy to get distracted in a makeup store,"

"Which ones did you get?" I asked referring to the eyeshadows.

"I don't know,  all of them!" Alexis wailed.

I took a look at her basket and that's a lot of eyeshadow containers. Filled with amazing colors.

"Oh my god," I'm shocked as I scatter around in her basket.

"I couldn't help myself," Alexis laughs, "did you find one?"

"No, but I did find five," I pull out the highlighters from under the foundation sticks.

"Champagne pop!" Alexis squeals, pulling the container out of my hands.

"Yeah I know, oh and I grabbed the new hourglass foundation sticks,"

"Great! I've been wanting to try those for weeks now,"

*

It's been over two hours since we got here. We've been standing in line for a couple minutes now.

"It's about time we got in line, we would've bankrupted if we looked around more," Alexis sighed.

"Next in line!" The cashier called, "Good morning, how are you guys doing today?"

"We're good thank you, how are you?" I answer.

"Very busy," She laughs, "Restocking the makeup collection?"

"You bet," Alexis answers.

It took the cashier about ten minutes to ring up everything. "275 is your total,"

Me and Alexis split the bill. To be honest that's not as much as we spent the last time we came here.

"Enjoy your day,"

"You too," Alexis and I said in unison.

We walked ecstatic to try all the new makeup we bought.

"I'm so hungry, what time is it," Alexis asked.

"Two o'clock, damn lunch time already,"

"Let's go eat," Alex suggested.

We walk to the car discussing where we should go eat.

"Woah! Don't throw the bags, the makeup." I shouted.

"Sorry, I'm so hungry that I forgot about everything we bought,"

"You know what, I'll pay for lunch, but we're going to In n Out Burger,"

"Guuurl, you know I love that place,"

*

"Two number threes please," I ordered, "And cheese fries,"

"23.85," The cashier informed me, "Here's your order number,"

"Thanks bae," Alexis smirked, hugging me from the side.

"Anything for you boo," I laughed.

We took a seat by the Windows near the exit door. I was facing the cashier counter and Alexis was facing the playground outside.

My phone goes off and it's Zac.

"Hey babe," I answer the phone.

"How's my princess?" Zac asked.

"I'm good," I laugh.

"Awe your blushing!" Alexis shouts into the phone.

"Shut up Alex, go get the food," I told her, and she ran to go pick up the food.

"Where you at?" Zac asks.

" At In n Out burger with Alex," I answered, "do you want me to drop off some food when we're done eating?"

"Yes please," Zac dragged.

"Foods ready!" Alexis squealed.

I look at the fresh stacked burgers and the cheesy fries. Every second I stare at them I get hungrier.

"Okay babe, I gotta go," I informed Zac, "love you babe,"

"Love you too princess," Zac said bye and before we hung up we both made smooch noises.

"Damn that looks so good!" I screeched, "let's go outside,"

As Alexis bit into her burger, I snapped a picture of her. She was too busy eating to even notice. I added the picture to my snapchat story and stowed away my phone into my bag.

"I haven't had In n Out in years," Alex exaggerated.

"We had In n Out yesterday," I stated.

"Yeah but it was only cheese fries,"

"Yeah, that doesn't count,"

Couple minutes later and I'm half way done with my burger. I take a sip of my mixture of Sprite and Fruit Punch and almost choke.

"It's that guy from Sephora," I spoke aloud.

Alexis turns around with a full mouth of French fires and spoke, "oh Arzaylea?"

"I said guy not girl,"

"Yeah Arzaylea and Luke," Alexis informed me, "they're my usual customers,"

"Oh!" I remember their faces," Didn't you tell them to tell me something at the coffee shop?"

"Yeah," Alexis dragged, "oh by the way don't you usually get a 40% discount at Sephora?"

"Yeah, but the people that work in the morning are all new and don't know how to enter the code yet, so I saved them the trouble,"

"Awe how nice of you," She teased.

*

"Do you want me to drop you off before I go to the coffee shop?" I asked.

"Yeah just drop me off and I'll put all the things we bought into its right place," Alexis answered.

Before Alexis slammed the door in my face I shouted, "don't forget the foundations are in the top right drawer!"

The drive to the coffee shop in less than a couple minutes. I parked on the side of the street and locked the car door before making my way into the shop.

I took off my aviators and right then locked eyes with Zac. His smirk makes me smile.

"I'm sorry, I'll be right with you," He apologizes to one of the customers in line.

I'm swept off my feet into a huge bear hug. I wrap my arms around his neck as he holds me up by my legs. We kiss for a good six seconds before he lets me down.

"One number three combo with an Oreo shake,"

He kisses me on the forehead as a thank you.

"You should get back to the shop now,"I suggested, "people are waiting for you,"

"Okay," Zac exhausted, "thanks for the food, I'll see you when I get home,"

He gives me once last hug before jogging back to the shop.

When I got into Alexis' apartment I seen her organizing our makeup room. We decided the makeup room should be in her apartment instead of mines because I have Zac living with me.

It's gonna take us a while to reorganize everything.

-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

596K 9.2K 87
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
804K 29.9K 105
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
1.3M 58.2K 104
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
176K 4.7K 40
" She is my wife, stay away from her!" " Keep trying she will remain mine. " " Show me your scars, I want to see how many times you needed...