Playing With Fire

By only1MT

A Ter-Raji story. I knew he was married and I didnt care because I knew what was on camera wasnt real. You ma... More

From The Start
A Night to Remember
Soul Train Awards
Playing with Fire
Down and Out
Playing Hard
Sick of Playing Hard
Its Just a Feeling
Meet Qirin
Trouble Don't Last Always.
Her Little Secrets
For Your Own Good
Girls Night Out
Terrence , Im Sorry!
I'll Never Let You Go
Next Door Neighbor
Final
Just Friends
His Little Secrets
No Regrets Only Lessons Learned
Lie to Me
Headlines
Visits of the Past
Sins From My Father
Same Ol'Mistakes
Bad Impressions Pt.1
Bad Impressions Pt.2
Daddy's Little Girl
Authors Note
Let Me In
Reliving the Nightmare
All I Want Is You
Fallen Angel
Are You Ready For Love?
Dysfunctional Family
Digging a Little Too Deep
Right My Wrongs
Loose Ties Pt.1
Loose Ties Pt.2
Hiding in The Shadows
A Friendly Reminder
Trust Issues
Whats Done in the Dark Pt.2
Come Back To Me
Cold Hard Love
How Can I Ease It
Question Is
L.A Confidential
Moving Forward

Whats Done in the Dark Pt.1

1.1K 54 25
By only1MT

Taraji
2:00pm

The girls and I lounged around in our robes in my vanity room, getting ready for my babyshower. All the planning and it's finally here. I felt like this day would never come. My four bffs shuffled around getting catered to by my Glam team. Ashunta stood in front of me beating the hell out of my face , I always went to her when I needed to get right.

Everyone was to wear all white and either pink or blue for the sex they thought the baby would be. I wore an all white Gucci maternity dress that had a slit up the thigh. A deep v in the front showing off the top of my cleavage but not too much. I wore powder pink spiked red bottoms that Gabby bought for me as a gift at the mall. Y'all know I was hoping for a girl.

"Alright and you are officially slayed."Ashunta said spraying the Smashbox finishing spray mist on my face.

Batting my eyes I peeked one eye open. I felt sexy , I fluffed my hair puckering my lips looking at myself through the mirror.

"Yess I love this."I dragged, admiring myself from every angle. Ashunta and the girls agreed looking me over nodding.

"SnapJack Fool!"I yelled through giggles  playfully snatching Ashunta's phone taking a selfie. Gi and Megan hopped in posing for the video.

"One more thing Rahj."Gabby said bringing over my custom made Austrian crystal 14ct gold tiara.

Terrence had a matching crown; he had these made for us by his jeweler weeks ago. It was a prince and princess themed babyshower, my man wanted me to feel just like royalty. As the mommy to be ofcourse I was the Queen and Terry was the King.

Gabby placed it gently on my head, finger combing loose strands of hair. She wore a white Givenchy tight fitted pants suit with blue and gold Giuseppe Zanotti heels. I know right that traitor and she was the god mother.

"Now your ready hunty it's time to slay the children!"Lala said snapping her fingers twice. We did that if someone was really killing shit , I guess I was; pregnant and all. I blew her a kiss, flipped my hair over my shoulder standing to my feet.

"Rahj how are you an hour late to your own baby shower? Come on girl before Tee call you again , he so pressed..this his tenth time calling."Megan said grabbing my phone from the coffee table.

"You can't put a time limit on my slay honey."I clapped back playfully standing to my feet.Everyone laughed rolling their eyes at me.

"Wait y'all, one more for the gram."I said holding my finger up taking out my phone. They playfully sighed impatiently quickly posing for the picture.

After the mini photoshoot we started filing out of my house and headed over to the venue which was about a 45 minute drive but I knew with Gabby's driving she would get us there in 20.

Terrence
2:45pm

As more guest arrived there was still no Taraji. I was starting to worry because she hadn't been answering any of my calls. I figured she was still getting dressed she takes damn near 4 hours to get fully ready anyways in between her frequent selfie breaks maybe longer.

I couldn't wait to see my fiancé I already knew she looked beautiful. She insisted on wearing pink. I wore a blue gold stitched fitted Balmain blazer, a white V-neck underneath that clung to my chest, and all white fitted slacks that rose above my blue and gold Versace loafers.

I fixed my crown on top of my head as I greeted more of our family and friends at the door.

'Before I Let Go by Maze&Frankie Beverly' blasted over the speaker as people danced on the center floor.

This place was packed with so many celebrities and family , I must say Gabby did a great job on the decorations. Knight statues sat in every corner and by the entrance. Crown paintings adorned the walls with a blue illuminating light underneathe. The lights on the ceiling were pink.It seriously looked like a royal palace in here.

Essence wanted an exclusive on the baby shower we agreed and invited them in , they roamed taking various pictures. They sponsored the maternity shoot as well that would be featured in the next issue. It was crazy how we were once looked at in the media and now we were the "power couple". Neal couldn't stop raving about how many people wanted an exclusive interview with me and Rahj.

Venturing off into the crowd of people I greeted more of my family that showed up. My mother sat with my aunts at the table next to me and Taraji's. She was looking stunning in her white and pink sundress. I saw her laughing across the room at whatever that was being discussed, that beautiful smile.

I walked over to her throwing my arm on the back of her chair. I bent down to kiss her cheek; getting a whiff of her perfume. Giving her a goofy grin, my aunts chuckled.

"Boy go'on now, What'chu want? Grown folks are talking."She sassed pulling away smiling. She know she loved it, I saw how red her cheeks were.

"Come on momma dance with me, This your song member?Come on ma."I said grabbing her hands pulling her up from her seat dancing to the beat.

"Get away from me being silly."Her southern accent seeped through. She waved me off shyly.

"I know you had them moves back in the day."I encouraged her. She sucked her teeth giggling reluctantly standing to her feet swaying with me.

She covered her mouth coughing , those same harsh coughs from before. My heart skipped a beat in fear.I stopped and looked her over. She patted my chest lightly.

"Terrence please..you wanted me to dance right? This is your day , momma's gonna be alright."She assured me before I could utter a word. She ran her soft palm down my cheek. I sunk in giving in to her words. But behind those eyes something wasn't right.

Dancing with my momma made me feel like a kid again. I remember when she wouldn't miss an episode of Soul Train with Don Cornelius. She and I would watch in the livingroom and dance along as if we were on the show.

She giggled throwing her head back when I dipped her.

Essences photographers swarmed around taking pictures of us. People started to run out on the dance floor forming the electric slide around us. We zoned them out as we did our own thing.

"Momma I just wanna say I'm sorry about everything. I just felt like I needed to protect you."I said bringing her close to me. She let out a soft breath.

"You don't have to say a word okay I know where your heart was sweetie and your a good son, my hero. Romey told me about the painting of Harmony. It's really keeping him up Tee, he is level headed this time and really trying I hear it in his voice when he calls. I love you two knuckle heads, y'all are my babies I just want what's best for the both of you-no more fighting; I just want my family back together again."She said keeping her eyes on me.

I nodded as she swayed in my arms.

"I love you too momma, I promise no more fighting. I heard you and Aunt Sarah was going to Africa this weekend."I said raising a brow.

She sucked her teeth while snapping her fingers to the beat.

"Child please I wish, Who done told you those lies?"She asked giving me a side glare.

I shrugged reaching into my jacket pocket.

"I don't know, but it says here that you and my five lovely aunts over there are spending a week in Africa."I said as if nothing was wrong, taking out their itinerary.

She stopped swaying and looked up at me playfully hitting my chest.

"Stop playing with me boy. Ain't nobody got time for games."She warned.

I held my hands high. "This isn't a game."Her eyes grew like saucers as she read over the pamphlet. She pulled me into a warm hug. I'd make all my mothers dreams come true if I could, she deserved it and much more.

"You was always my favorite."She giggled squeezing my cheeks. She added a kiss there and then sauntered off back over to my aunts at the table to tell her the news.

I took my seat at me and Taraji's table. She still has yet to get here. I pulled out my phone seeing if she replied still nothing.

More people filed in , everyone was having a good time dancing and talking.People signed the big 'Congrats TNT' card that was out in the foyer. The gift table was overflowing with gifts , baby Howard was going to have everything.

"Everyone may I have your attention! The Queen has arrived!"Gi announced coming in first with Gabby standing on both sides of the double doors. I stood to my feet from the head of the table.

Gabby and Gi opened the door for her and in walked my gorgeous wife to be. She wore the biggest grin making her grand entrance.

An uproar of chants and applause rang out welcoming her. She gave hugs out to her cousins and other people she knew.

I was speechless.

My eyes scanned her body as she walked through the crowd of people. I couldn't contain my smile that was slowly spreading from ear to ear.

Nicole stopped her making conversation. I felt like she was going to take forever to get to me so I walked up behind her snaking my hands around her waist kissing her on her cheek.

She blushed sinking further into my embrace.

"Hey Terry, mm you fine."She gushed giving that look. I laughed throwing my head back a little.

Borris and Nicole awed looking on at us. "You two are match made dawg , oh by the way congrats bro on the engagement."Borris said dapping me up.

"Yes Taraji girl I know your blinding everyone with that rock on your finger."Nicole complemented admiring her ring, Taraji batted her lashes soaking up the attention. As they talked, I zoned them out.

I bit my bottom lip as my eyes scaled her body.

She deserved all the attention tonight because it was all about her. She looked so good standing next to me, her arm linked in my arm.

We complement eachother perfectly , she was my equal. I blinked, licking my lips , I kept my gaze on her as she continued talk. Borris caught it he smirked and mouthed 'freak ass'. The ladies didn't catch it.

'Damn the things I wanted to do to her.'My mind roamed. I tried to contain myself for the time being but when we get home everything was coming off.

We finished up our conversation. My hands ran up her back caressing her soft skin as we walked towards our table. I leaned over and whispered in her ear.

"Baby you look so radiant; and when we get home..I want you in the worse way."I sneakily rubbed my hand up her exposed thigh. She hummed bitting her bottom lip.

"Mmm yes daddy I like the sound of that.. but right now we have guest and I don't want to you too hot and bothered."She whispered in my ear. She ran her hand down slyly on my crotch rubbing my wood. She kissed my cheek pulling away waving at some guest.

I loved her freaky ass. I pulled her chair out for her , she took her seat and I sat right next to her.

Taraji
3:40pm

The shower was by far a success, Im seriously having so much fun. Gabby started hosting another baby game. One would guess what names me and Terrence decided for baby Howard. People guessed the craziest names.

Kevin crazy ass ofcourse wanted to be the comedian he was, standing front and center putting on a full comedian show cracking jokes; he made up the weirdest names. Gabby reached at the mic trying to cut him off, he slapped her fingers away.

He was so hilarious , Terrence couldn't hold in his laughter.

My mom and my dad came walking over to us; breaking my attention away from Kevin.

"Mom, Dad you made it."I was happy to see my parents.

Terrence tensed up shifting in his seat once he saw my father come over to our table.

"Wouldn't miss it for the world. Sweety you look gorgeous."My mother complemented me. She kissed me on my cheek.

"And Terrence my favorite son in law, ooh your just so handsome."She said moving down to Tee giving him a hug. She pinched his cheeks giving him a peck. I smirked seeing how Tee blushed, if I wasn't mistaken I think my mother had a little crush on him.

My father came up kissing my cheek.I hadn't heard from him in over a month. I was worrying about him, he's been off the radar.

My mother told me he was on a case but she didn't speak much about it. Something was a little off about my father that I couldn't put my finger on.

"Your mother is right you look beautiful baby girl."He said pulling away from our embrace. I cocked my head to the side with a smile.

"Daddy are you finished with your case? Mom was telling me you were in Chicago."I asked him. Terrence eyes shifted over to my dads. William smirked once their eyes connected.

"Yeah I met with a couple of clients. Everything is coming together, you don't have to worry about that. It will all be over soon; I'm this close to cracking a big one."He said looking at me, then Terrence.

Me and my mother looked on completely confused by what he meant. She put one hand on her hip as her eyes bucked.

My brows furrowed , my father was acting so weird. He shifted on his heels and cleared his throat.

His phone began ringing. He looked down at it."Excuse me sweetheart , I have to take this call."He kissed my mothers cheek before excusing himself. She scoffed shaking her head once she saw him leave out. Terrence kept his eyes on him as he walked out.

"I swear that man gets on my nerves sometimes. We can't have one family event without that damn phone ringing. I swear Taraji someone has been calling him nonstop day in and day out. He tells me it's work but I don't know , your father seems like he's hiding something."My mother spilled looking between me and Tee.

I blinked trying to come up with an explanation but I had nothing. What was in Chicago and who did he meet with there? My mother was worried, he never really stressed over any of his cases they were always a breeze for him.

"Okay momma I'll talk to him , you know he tells me everything."I said giving her a reassuring smile. She nodded and walked over to the table where Ms.Evelyn was.

Terrence turned to me swallowing his food.

"Your father is up to something and I feel like it's dealing with me."He whispered in my ear pulling his glass to his lips.

I knew what he was referring to; his father's murder case that went cold. I bit the inside of my jaw nervously.

"He doesn't know that Tee. How would he know?"I tossed his way, forking at my plate.

His jaw clenched along with his fist.

"Babe he's a cop-a damn LAPD Detective he has the access why else would he be in Chicago...That night Rome came , he said something about shooting him like I did Henry. Your father was standing in the doorway. Baby I'm not crazy the way he was grilling me he knows something."He said pulling at his v-neck. I ran my hand down his cheek and then cupped his face.

"I gotchu okay, I'm going to talk to him. He isn't going to get to you. I won't let him , I need you Tee..we need you."I reassured him moving his hand to my belly; his shoulders relaxed as he calmed down a bit. He nodded and placed a soft kiss on my lips.

"I love you."He whispered in between pecks. I smiled against his lips.

"I love you more."I replied. The uproar of cheers sounded. I laughed cutting my eyes over at our now audience. Terrence laughed seeing how embarrassed I looked. I playfully slapped his chest.

I wasn't going to let anyone touch Terrence for what he did. I was going to take what Terry said into consideration and get more information out my father myself. I had a feeling it was something worse he was hiding.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

151K 4.9K 32
"He held my face, kissed me hard and then whispered, baby girl, you don't mean a thing.'"
81 3 1
Is it so wrong to let people live out a lie? I didn't know what to tell them. If only I told them anything else, things would've turned out different...
12.7K 528 17
They say playing with fire will get your fingers burned. But he didn't listen. She was a flame, so fierce, burning herself up to keep others warm and...
100K 2.3K 33
WELCOME TO TWISTED TRUTH'S WORLD OF TNT AFTER DARK. JOIN US AS WE EMBARK ON A STEAMY UNCUT JOURNEY THROUGH SERIES OF ALL THINGS TNT. A SENSUAL, INTI...