Pen Friends

By aanavats01

Ranked #1 in Letter category (11-May-2018) Ranked #22 on (11-05-2018). Ever wondered in this 21st century whe... More

Chapter 1 - Introduction!!
Chapter 2 - Nial Morgan!!
Chapter 3 - Lone Boy!!
Chapter 4 - Austin Williams!!
Chapter 5 - Pretending Friends!!
Chapter 6 - I've Nothing Special!!
Chapter 7 - Surprise!!
Chapter 8 - Happy Friendship Day!!
Chapter 9 - Secret Admirer
Trapped!!
Chapter 10 - Party!!
Chapter 11- Secrets!!
Chapter 13 - Broken Heart!!
Chapter 14 - Face Time!!
Chapter 15 - Kate Perish!!
Chapter 16 - Punishment!!
Chapter 17 - Hangout!!
Chapter 18 - I Hate Rain!!
Chapter 19 - My Sketch!!
Chapter 20 - I'm screwed!!
Chapter 21 - Play!!
Chapter 22 - Joy!!
Chapter 23 - Party Part 1
Chapter 24 - Party Part 2!!
Chapter 25 - Happy Birthday!!
Chapter 26 - Nial Is Not Mine!!
Chapter 27 - On A Mission!!
Chapter 28 - Max, My Boyfriend!!
Chapter 29- Mom's Friend!!
Chapter 30- Hate Austin!!
Chapter 31- Unknown Feelings!!
Chapter 32- Bipolar Austin!!
Chapter 33 - Deal!!
Chapter 34 - Kate Loves Rian!!
Chapter 35 - Big Change!!
Chapter 36 - I'm Special!!
Chapter 37- Rian leaving!!
Chapter 38- Shopping!!
Chapter 39- Austin sucks!!
Chapter 40- Special Guest!!
Chapter 41 - Rian's Ex!!
Chapter 42 - Let Her Go!!
Chapter 43 - Unexpected Guest!!
Chapter 44 - His Confession!!
Chapter 45 - Austin's Fan!!
Chapter 46 - Weak Moment!
Chapter 47- Rian's plan!!
Chapter 48 - Run For Life!!
Chapter 49 - I'm Not Sorry!
Chapter 50 - First Date!
Chapter 51 - Valentine's Day Special!
Chapter 52 - Crazy Austin!!
Chapter 53 - Nana Is Ill!!
Chapter 54 - I Like You!
Chapter 55 - Can It Be Love?
Chapter 56 - I'm Jealous!!
Chapter 57 - Goodbyes!!
Chapter 58 - Stay!
Chapter 59 - Letters!!
Chapter 60 - Promise!!
Chapter 61 - In Love!!
Epilogue!!
BONUS Chapter!!

Chapter 12 - Locker!!

2.1K 161 27
By aanavats01

Nicole's P.O.V.

"Cappuccino latte for me and", Rian said and then paused to look at me.

"Hot cocoa", I said with a sigh.

"Right, hot cocoa for the lady would be good!!", He said with his million dollar smile at the girl probably of our age who had came to take our orders.

She's been blushing the time we're here and is not even trying to hide it also. It's clear she's head over heels with Rian.

She said, "Okie" and left.

Once she was out of the sight, I said with a sigh, "Speak whatever you wanted to tell me".

"Easy girl, why are you so eager to leave?", He asked.

When the college was over Rian came to escort me from my class only and didn't let me talk or say bye to anyone. Wasn't he eager that time? Don't know what's going in his mind!!

"Fine, but at least tell me what's so important you wanted to discuss?", I asked.

"I wanted to be your friend and I want you to be safe", he said.

"And why? Can I ask?", I asked with a scowl.

"Yes, why not?", He chuckled and I just gave him a blank expression.

"Actually, you're Cali's friend and you're a good girl. You're different from other girls and that's what caught my attention. I just want to be your friend, can't one ask for friendship? I'm not asking for more!!", He said and I nodded.

Yes, that's true. One can ask for friendship, there's no crime in that and everyone deserves a chance. He's also not a bad boy except that he's against Nial but maybe after befriending with him, I could change his views. May be I could help him get out of that bad boy's group?

Wow so thoughtful!!

I mentally patted my back for this and smiled inwardly. I saw Rian who was looking at me with a confused expression.

"Yeah, fine. I'm ready to be your friend, but you've to stop saying anything against Nial", I said and he just roll his eyes.

"Yeah, will try. Friends?", He forwarded his hand and I hold it. He grinned and I passed a smile.

Soon, the girl came with our orders looking completely red and I bite my lower lip to prevent myself from laughing. Rian knowingly passed his best smile to her and I just stare at both the people in front of me.

"So!!", I asked with a toothy smile to Rian while holding my cup.

"What?", He asked smiling.

"Guess the girl likes you a lot. Why don't you ask her out? She's pretty", I said whilst looking at the girl whose eyes were still at our table.

But when Rian didn't reply, I looked at him, he had an amused look on his face. He placed his index finger over his lips and others over his chin.

"What now?", I asked.

"You're something else girl. Usually girl's die for my attention and here you're matching me with someone else. I wonder Nail is really lucky", he said and I felt my cheeks heat up.

"I don't know, frankly speaking I like Nial, but it's one sided", I said shrugging my shoulder and sipped my cocoa.

He nodded and said, "You'll soon get someone special. You just have to keep your eyes open, may be that someone is in front of you but you're just unaware".

"Okay, This thing you said me that day in party also. Now, Will you be kind enough to tell me about that someone?", I asked folding my first two fingers of both hands in air.

"That's for me to know and you to find out", he said chuckling and I just shook my head.

Why do I even ask him? Not only he, but his sister also did same thing to me!! She also didn't tell me anything.

We talked on random things after that and then Rian payed for the coffee. Although we had a good argument on this but he didn't listen to me and said that I can pay the other time. Why will I even have coffee with him other time? Somebody please tell me!!

He dropped me to my home and I came straight to my room. I fished my hand in my jeans pocket and took out the key, Ellie gave me. No.45 was engraved over the key, it's one of the locker in our library.

(Flashback)

I was stunned to hear Lone Boy's name from Ellie's mouth.

"Do you know him?", I asked Ellie.

"Not really but yes more than you", she said.

Now what does this mean? I knew nothing about him!!

"Who is he? Is he amongst our group? What's his name? Tell me everything", I asked.

She placed her hands over her ears and said, "Jessus, calm down. I can't tell you much about him. You really wanna know about him?".

I nodded and then she took out the key from her jeans pocket and give it to me saying, "Here you go".

I took the key and asked her, "What am I supposed to do with this?".

"You've to find out about him by yourself. I just wanted to convey his message to you. He wanted you to be his friend, a pen friend and you've to tell your answer to him", she said taking a pause looking at me.

"By writing in a letter??", I confirmed.

She nodded and said, "Just drop your letter in the library locker, the key I've given to you", she said pointing at the key.

"What rubbish? See, I ain't interested in all these stupidity. Just take your key back and tell your friend that I'm not going to accept his offer", I said with a scowl.

"Please just give him one chance. Everyone have the right to get a chance at least", she said.

"Is Rian the Lone boy?", I asked. Isn't it obvious? She knew about lone boy and she's favouring the lone boy and Rian also lately started taking interest in me. All points pointing in one direction, that Rian is lone boy!!

She just smiled and said, "It's for me to know and you to find out". I frowned.

"And yes just keep it a secret between you, me and Lone boy", she said and left, making me all confused.

###########

(Present)

My mind isn't working and I've no idea what should I do? Should I go with the destiny? Why would any boy would take interest in me? It's not that I'm most beautiful, I'm not ugly also, I'm just me!!

I sighed and took out the letter, Lone boy give me. He wanted me to be his Pen friend, fine by me then. I also, wanted to know now what he wanted from me.

I'm pretty sure that Rian is Lone Boy, who else can be, and I would caught him red handed soon, very soon.

I took out the page and wrote on it,

"Yes, sure. I'll be your pen friend but as far as I want only till then".

Happy girl!!

I kept the letter in my bag along with the locker key so that I don't loose it. Let's face this pen friend also.

💌💌💌💌💌💌💌💌💌💌

I came early to college today and moved straight forward to library. Our college library opened very soon, so it was open as expected.

I took out my letter and dropped it in the locker and closed it again. Once done, I moved my heels out of the library but then an idea clicked in my mind.

I moved back and went near reception. The lady at reception is very kind and gentle.

"Hey", I said to the old lady.

"Hello, dear. What can I do for you?", She asked.

"Umm, Can you help me?", I asked and she nodded with a smile.

"Can you be kind enough to tell me that locker no. 45 is allotted to which person?", I asked in a requesting tone.

She raised her eyebrows at me but then nodded and started searching in her computer screen. I waited and tapped my fingers at the supporting wodden wall.

"Well, it's strange. I've not expected such name", she said in a surprising way.

"Why? What happened?", I asked curiously.

"It's someone named Lone boy, Isn't it a strange name?", She asked me.

That person is himself a strange character, but that's a long story, I thought !!

I just nodded and thanked her and left the library. Rian is surely very clever, he's not left any hint behind. Fine then, let the game begin.

I moved to my class but then I saw Ellie in the hallway, she was reading something from the notice board. I hold my bag and moved towards her.

"Hey, Ellie!!", I said.

She turned and smiled widely at me, "Hey, Nicole. Wassup?".

"Fine. Here take this back", I said and gave her the key.

"Why are you giving this to me?", She asked.

"I've dropped my answer and I don't need it now", I said.

"Did you say No?", She asked with a scowl.

Why is she bothering so much?

"No, I said yes", I said in a monotonous tone and her scowl disappeared but a grin formed on her face.

"Then keep it to yourself. You'll need it, it's your letter box after all", she said with a wink and left.

Whatever!!

I came to the class and it's my art period today. I made a mental note of visiting at the back of the college today, it has been many days that I've paid visit to my bunny. How can I be so irresponsible?

Soon, other students also came and so do Austin and Nial. But, today instead of Austin, Nial joined me.

"Good morning", he said with a smile.

"Morning", I said and he nodded. His phone rang in mean time and he started talking.

Mrs. Holes came and there was a smile on her face. We greeted her and she did the same. She started teaching us some new stuff's and I too paid my attention, trying to ignore Nial.

Basically, there's so many reasons for ignoring Nial. He didn't show interest in me despite knowing that I like him a lot, and Rian's word somewhere have affected me also.

After sometime, I saw Rian came inside the class. What's he doing here?

He gave Mrs. Holes a letter and after reading this she nodded at him and then looked at us and said, "Students I'm happy to announce that we've one more new admission in our class and that's Rian Louis".

Really now? My Life's so happening!!

He introduced himself and then his eyes dropped on me and I could see his eyes glint in happiness. He raised his eyebrows at me as if saying Hi and Hello. I just passed him a smile and looked at my side.

Nial saw our eye contact and then he said to me, "I see you and Rian are sharing good terms. Ain't you?".

"He asked me if we can be friends so, I accepted", I replied casually.

"Really? Didn't I asked you to stay away from him?", He said.

"Nial, he's not a bad boy and it's my life, so let me take decision myself", I replied.

Are you kidding me? You and that to against Nial's suggestions. Rarest sight to see ever!! My heart commented sarcastically.

"Your wish", he said and the looked in the front where Mrs. Holes was teaching us. I also didn't say anything further.

I don't know but I'm kinda pissed off. May be due to Rian, may be due to Lone boy or due to Nial. I don't know main reason, but one thing is for sure that boys are good for nothing!!

---------------------

Hey cupcakes!! How's you guy?

How's the chapter? Do lemme know!!

Instagram: soul.musical

Vote, comments and share!!

Keep reading..
Love you all..
Aana..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.4K 1.5K 14
#1 in silent 2024 #1 in noticed 2024 "Why are you staring ?" he asked making a straight face. "I was just looking around ,wasn't staring at you part...
1.4M 39.6K 60
{Highest Rank: #21 in Teen Fiction, #1 in Comedy, and #10 in HighSchool} THE LAST 20 CHAPTERS HAVE BEEN REMOVED! THIS IS JUST A SAMPLE AND THIS BOOK...
1.3M 32.5K 55
"Go, I don't want to make you hate me for what I did." he says softly as a tear of drop dipped from his eyes. "What are you talking about?" I approac...
3.5M 89.9K 51
Highest rank #27 in Teen Fiction. Written by @apricitys. _ _ _ "What is this?" He asked, not even bothering to look at the canvas in front of me. Ins...