That Wallflower (A One Direct...

By chips-aharry

After three years of being nothing, just a simple, invisible, nobody, the Player of The Fantastic Five takes... More

That Wallflower (Coming May 28, 2013)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4 (Finally, right?)
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9 not edited. at all. sorry. :/
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Author's/ Apology Note *not edited so don't read if you're unedite phobic* :D
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20 (the A/Ns an absolute mess, people)
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Ask away
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 18

561 27 11
By chips-aharry

*unedited*

Chapter 18

Harry

"Harry!"

I barely heard the call of my name. I looked around. "What was that?" I asked.

Mrs. Clarke shook her head. "I'm sure it was nothing you need to worry about, but you do need to worry about this D that is slowly dwindling to an F," she informed me.

For a second I stared blankly at the progress report card. "Okay," I answered after what seemed like a long time.

She sighed. "Okay? Okay? It’s maths, Harry, it's not at all that hard. You're a great student and I think you could get better," she huffed.

I sighed and ran my fingers through my curly hair. I honestly didn't want to be awake at this time but I got an email asking me to come see her whenever possible and she conveniently was already here. I slid my hand down my face tiredly, my brain still cleaning itself.

"I- I- I guess you're right. I'm already being tutored for ELA so I'll make sure to ask her about maths," I practically slurred in fatigue.

"Her?"

I opened my eyes and saw disbelief. I laughed. "Don't worry, she takes it seriously."

"And I assume you do too?" she asked.

I was slow to answer. "Uh... yeah. Sure," I nodded.

She sighed. "Okay then. I guess that's all. Just at least try to get better, because I know you can." She smiled encouragingly and I returned my own smile of gratitude.

"Of course. Now have a good morning and I'll see you in 6th," I nodded.

"You too, Harold."

I swear, most of my teachers call me that just to get under my skin. I saluted as I walked through the door, out to the halls. I still was having trouble getting over being called. I swear that I heard what I heard. And I was scared, because it had sounded a lot like Jade. And if she was calling me for help then it had to be pretty damn urgent.

I decided to start with her room. Hopefully I’d find her there and I would be able to walk off and look for whoever else it was to call my name. I honestly just really wanted to know she was okay. I smiled at the thought of her opening the door with a scowl and her glasses sloppily placed on her nose as she began to chew me out for waking her up.

 The thought was just so amusing to me that I really was anticipating her being in her room even more. I was finally where I was needed. Guys were allowed in the girl’s premises from six to ten, but any time between that was unacceptable. Of course those rules were easily gotten around. Thankfully, it was conveniently 6:10 anyways so I should be good. I searched for her room, trying to remember where it was. Once I’d thought of last time I remembered it. 111.

I was soon in front of it and I knocked on the door. At first no one answered and I contemplated yelling, but it would be rude to the other ladies sleeping in the building. Look at me, all thinking of other people. I sighed and then reached in my jacket for my phone. Short of remembering I didn’t have it with me I also remembered it didn’t matter because she never gave me her number.

Sadly.

I sighed and then ruffled my curls in exasperation. I began to brood a little. Maybe she was in the meadow?

No. she was not in the meadow I soon discovered. So now I was semi panicking. Where would she go? If she were some place it’d most likely be secluded. She also couldn’t have been with any of the girls because when I’d called them, no one answered, so it was safe to presume they were asleep, still.

I thought of the west part of the campus where few people go. I made my way there, not seeing many people. No one, to be specific. I came across the girl’s bathroom and decided to check there first. When I opened the door I had begun to ask, “Jade, are you in here?” But I didn’t finish that sound because she was in there.

And she had a close friend with her; as in he was literally close to her. My lips parted in shock with my eyes widening in the slightest at the sight of her pressed against the mirror with some . . . some nerd trapping her.

With a begrudging look, he moved away from her and Jade was flushed as she got off the sink, almost falling. I of course stepped forward to assist, but I was beat by the boy.

What is he, her boyfriend? 

I firmly glared at the guy who reciprocated the dirty look. I scowled and Jade cleared her throat. ““Umm- uh- Harry, this is Marcel, Marcel this is- er- Harry,” she said in a lame voice. “Um- Harry you were saying . . .?” she prompted.

I looked over at her as her eyes tried to encourage me. She flinched and I began, “I was looking for you because I wanted to know if you were okay.” In all honesty I had said it in such a blank tone as a way of masking the humiliation I felt. I spitefully looked back at Marcel. “Looks like you found your perfect match; nerd for nerd.”

“That’s enough, Harry,” she reprimanded.

 She had nerve to talk to me like that. I couldn’t help but feel led on, but then I remembered how from the very beginning she’d wanted nothing to do with me. “Sorry? Did I offend you? In fact, did I interrupt your little make out session? I was starting to wonder if you were as innocent as everyone believes.”

“That’s enough, Harry,” Marcel said; as if he knew me even though I’d met him about two minutes ago.

I ignored him. This was between me and Jade. “Nice to know you’ve got a boyfriend to protect you. I wonder how Gavin is going to take the news. Poor lad never had a chance did he?” my voice lowered mockingly at the end of the sentence, tilting my head to the side.

“Who are we talking about now, huh? You or him?”

I huffed. Marcel once again was jumping into this conversation which didn’t involve him at all, so I told him straight off what I wanted him to do. “Fuck off,” I growled in anger.

Jade shook her head in what I imagine was annoyance. “Harry, stop being so-”

“So what, Sweetheart?” I demanded. In heat of my own irritation I sneered, “I bet you’re not even a virgin.”

Her face immediately went to shock and then from there went cold. “Here’s an idea: how about you fuck off?” she snarled, giving me an efficient push that had more effect on me because of shock. The message was clear: she wanted me gone and that gave it proper support.

 “Fine!” I exclaimed childishly. “Fuck both of you then!” I then angrily turned away from the two people. They could be together. Who needs them? I don’t. I bet Jade wasn’t even to call me. She doesn’t need me; she doesn’t want me and with each day I try harder and harder to pursue her it became clear to me.

It’s like chasing a cloud with her. Ugh. Now she’s got me learning to understand English in the most emotional way possible.

“You know you can’t do this!”

At her voice I whirled around to see Jade not that far from me. Her expression was upset, clearly, mixed with sadness and anger. I scoffed. “Do what?”

“Act like you care!” she elaborated.

“Who said I was acting?” I asked, my eyes narrowing. It honestly stung slightly that she thought that this was all just a game to me, though I admit my reputation I knowingly made for myself was a big part.

“Why wouldn’t you be? Tell me what’s so special about me? Why are you constantly chasing after me when I clearly couldn’t care less about you?” she hurdled the questions at me.

“Don’t care?” I repeated in disbelief at her repeating everything I’d been thinking about earlier, but this was like the proper evidence I needed to know she did care. “You’re telling me you don’t care right now? That’s bullshit, Jade, and you know it.” I was now face to face with the girl who confused me so much. I leaned down to her height and said quietly, “Look who’s acting now, Sweetheart.”

She clearly looked stumped so I turned around, guessing the conversation was done with, but she just had to say something back that penetrated me more than I thought it would considering it wasn’t too much of an insult compared to all the things I’d heard, causing me to freeze in my place.

“Don’t accuse me of being the slut here, Harry! I hope you have fun with your next victim, because I am done with you!”

After that I could hear her retreating steps and I glanced behind me slightly and was greeted by the sight of her hugging Marcel. I suddenly couldn’t bring myself to resent that. Maybe if she does end up with him, he’ll be able to treat her right.

“All you'll end up doing, is hurting her and yourself."

Maybe it’s time I step down from this one.

Perrie

I could hear my heels clicking in the hallway. Jade and I had stepped up to the principal to tell him about the attempted sexual assault and Marcel (I met him and boy does he strangely look like Harry like Jade explained) even testified as witness. Their names were Brandon, Michael, and one of them had the last name Jamerson.

They were on my list. And the wrong side of it at that. But at the moment I was taking care of a different boy that was hurting my new friend.

Harry, I’m looking for you, I said in my mind as I made my way to class. In all honestly I was going to wait until after school until I saw him. This was our free period so it was perfect when I saw his figure. I sped up and called his name, “Harry!”

I was prepared to chew him out for being such an ass to poor Jade. He turned around and instead of his usual smirk he looked all broody. “Yes?” he drawled.

I crossed my arms over my chest and then promptly looked him in the eyes the best I could. “What were you thinking earlier?”

“Well, it depends. I was sort of thinking what to have for dinner. I might just run down to Nand-”

I hit him in the head. My hand shot out so quickly and returned he seemed like he didn’t understand what had happened. I glared him down. “You know what I mean. I’m talking about how disgustingly you treated Jade.”

He sighed, rolling his eyes like a pre-teen reaching his stage of shunning anyone other than his friends.

“What did you even say to her?”

“So she didn’t even tell you?”

“She told me pieces, Harry, and they were crude, even for you,” I condescended.

He shook his head. “I was pissed off. You should’ve seen the way her and that- that nerd were all over each other,” he said.

“Hey! This is not about Marcel and he’s a Sweetie. Do you have any idea what Jade had gone through when you came to her with your kind words?” I demanded.

“I don’t think I really want to.”

“Well, I’ll have you know she was sexually assaulted by a group of boys and nearly gang raped this morning, so don’t you dare act like she deserved her treatment!” I warned.

He had a shocked look on his face, but then he toned it down and asked calmly, “Well I assume she’s better now?”

“What do you think? There’s a reason she hasn’t been in any of her classes today, Harry. You and I both know she wouldn’t just drop her classes for no reason,” I told him.

“Well I’m sorry,” he said. It wasn’t too sincere. I had a feeling in my gut that it was, but the way he said suggested he didn’t mean it.

He turned to walk away, thinking it was done. Maybe it was, but I decided to let him now one more thing.

“She had wanted you to be there. It was you she wanted to save her, to help her. But instead she got insulted and rescued by a boy she didn’t even know. Maybe this is for the best. Harry, you might want to reconsider how you treat her, because she’s too fragile for your games. Remember that before you decide to begin toying with her anymore.” Now it was my turn to turn on the heel and begin to storm away, but I heard him say something that I doubted was meant to be heard.

“Maybe it is for the best.”

~*~

So I didn’t thoroughly edit this, I just sort of skimmed so if there are any typos or mistakes, feel free to comment about them. I’m listening to They Just Don’t Know You and this reminds me so much of Kovu and Kiara from Lion King 2, like AHHH! I want to watch that movie again now. The struggle is real people.

QUESTION TIME!

1) Do you guys enjoy reading from Harry’s POV?

2) If so, why? How do you think it’s different from Jade’s?

3) Can we just applaud Perrie? Ugh, I love that girl so much, lol.

4) Coke or Pepsi?

5) Mechanical pencils or normal ones?

Okay, I gotta go now, there are chores to care for plus my sister is coming over so I have to clean my room.

For once.

6) Do you think your room is clean? (Mine is faaar from.)

Comment, vote, fan, and promote. I am just spoiling you guys, huh? Next update should be on Thursday or Friday, maybe even Wednesday. . .

I love my Bears and if you are not yet one it’s easy, just follow me for exclusive stuff and just my random messages and status updates, lol.

Good bye now!

- Angie Bear

Continue Reading