For the Love of Magic

By Rosewood7

"We have a new student in our class today," he announces. I see Jaz's face light up at the prospect of being... More

Wizards Warlocks and Witches
Dominico Redwind: Friend or Fiend?
Marco Polo: Magic Edition
Fighting Warlocks for Dummies
Jack Always Seemed So Happy When He Came Out Of The Box!
Now I see his point....being in the dark sucks!
From the hospital bed to the crypt
Metal bars and Magic cars
What Idiot Doesn't Like Disney Songs?
100% Chance of Hugs and Tales
A day accompanied by Dominico Redwind and a lot of head pain
Scary Yoda Mode: On
One big reason to not get caught up in politics
Faye and Ryan, Presenting YOU with YOUR Daily Dose of Weirdness
The Warlock
I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream.
That's it. I HATE psychopathic wizards. ESPECIALLY when they're out to get me.
Double Trouble With a Shot of Sugar
How To Spend A Snow Day for Dummies
Christmas and the Chaos that Goes With it
Pink, Luck, Rainbow-Barfing Butterflies, Dates, and other Abnormalities
Shakespeare in real life sucks
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
That Jobberknowl Romeo's Plan
Not exactly happily ever after.... but it works
Epilogue
Epilogue II
EXTRA CHAPTERS!

Kindergarten life decisions and Glittery Games

1.3K 59 6
By Rosewood7

A/N I DID IT!!! I FINISHED MY CHAPTER! This was actually a really fun chapter to right but I got a HUGE case of writers block in the middle but alas! I am cured! I hope you like this chapter! A little humor and I felt I was neglecting Ryan and Jaz too much so here they are! Just for them! And my awesome manager who this chapter is dedicated to! Please vote and comment and tell me what you think! And STAY TUNED! More magic is to come! (And more of this P character...I'll just leave you in suspense ; )

Magically yours,

Rosewood7

I give an acknowledging nod to Ryan when he plops down next to me on the bus.

“Hey! Look who’s back from going total MIA!” he jokes, plucking an ear bud from my ear. He gives me a suspicious look. “Seriously? Tangled? What’s up with the Disney?” he asks.

“You got a problem with Disney?” I challenge. Ryan raises his hands in surrender and leans back into the seat.

“What kind of sickness did you get? Disney-obsessive-itis?” I shoot a glare that clearly says ‘Don’t mess with me before 8 A.M.’ and Ryan starts nodding his head, trying to rock out to ‘When Will My Life Begin?’ I almost smile at his pink hair flopping in his face and his hand tapping his thigh, vibrating the seat. Then I remember it’s Monday morning. My mood deteriorates with remarkable speed. The note I received last night doesn’t help. His name ends with the first to die? Who is this guy? Ryan starts singing along and I spin around to clamp his mouth shut with my hand before he can attract too much attention.

“What are you doing?” I demand, suddenly fully awake.

“I like this song.”                         

“We are on a bus. In public. In the morning. You can’t just start whaling out singing! Didn’t your mother ever teach you manners?”

Whaling out singing? Gasp! I am a monumental singer! I can’t believe you’d compare my voice to that of a whale! I’m utterly offended.”

“Ugh. I’m sorry,” I say but then mutter, “though I don’t quite agree with you.” Ryan gives me a sideways glance before snatching my iPod and turning the volume all the way up before I can brace myself. I let out a squeak of pain as I double over and tear the ear bud from my ear.

“Serves you right, meanie,” Ryan sniffs. I just groan in pain.

“What did you say?” I ask, leaning close to him with my other ear.

“Drama Queen. You’re fine,” Ryan says, playfully pushing me away. I stick my tongue out at him but change the subject.

“So what happened at the dance after I left? Did you ask Melissa to dance with you finally?” Ryan smiles like it started snowing ice cream.

“Yeah! Jaz may have technically asked her but we danced! I was so nervous but it was a lot of fun! I can’t believe she said yes!” I bite back an ‘I told you so’ not wanting to spoil his elated mood.

“That’s awesome!” I say instead. “So do both of my best friends have dates now?” Ryan smiles from ear to ear and I take that as a definite answer.

“She’s incredible! The whole time when I was awkward and just…well…me,” I nod in sympathy and he shoots me a ‘cool it’ glance and I turn back into the angel of a best friend. Our normal music-filled, no talking bus ride suddenly turns into Melissa Mailton 101 for me. Seriously, I think I now know everything about that girl. However, I’m happy that Ryan finally has a girlfriend (I was really worried this day wouldn’t ever come)! It’s not like he’s been crushing on her forever or anything.

“So now it’s your turn,” Ryan concludes. I cock my head to the side (an annoying habit that I got from watching/imitating Rowan too much), confused.

“What do you mean?”

“Are you going to ask him out?”

“NO! Are you kidding? You must be insane. I’m calling an asylum. I will never, ever, ever… wow I didn’t mean that to sound Taylor Swift… go out with him. I don’t like him. Period. No, exclamation mark!” Ryan just chuckles at my long-winded reply and I feel my face heating up.

The bus doors open and there is a mad, World War Z like, scramble as a bunch of grumpy teenagers climb off the bus. Ryan follows behind me the whole time saying,

“You like him,” into my ear. My reply:

“DO NOT!!!” Like you can’t relate, right? Ryan follows me through the halls talking in my ear and me yelling back at him.

“Like him!”

“DO NOT!!!” I reach my locker.

“Like him!”

“DO NOT!!!” I open my combo and throw my bag inside.

“Like him!”

“DO NOT!!!”

Who?” A voice says behind me. I trip forward in surprise and hit my head on the open locker. “Smooth,” Dominico remarks as he stands behind me.

“Where did you come from?” I hiss, rubbing my head in pain and irritation. Ryan just chuckles and says,

“Aww, Faye why don’t you tell Dominico who you like?” I send an iron-melting glare his way and he laughs even harder.

“Will you shut up, Ryan?” I growl.

“Come on, Faye! I’m dying of curiosity! Please?” Dominico pleads.

“Fine. On the condition you tell me who you like,” I say. Dominico does a pull-back flinch that actually makes me laugh. It’s quite an amazing feat at seven thirty in the morning. Ryan shakes his bubblegum pink head with a maniac grin on his face.

“You two are the most thick headed people I’ve ever met,” he declares. “Come on, I know who both of you like!”

“I don’t like like anybody!” I protest.

“You do not know who I like,” Dominico says confidently. Ryan flashes a wicked grin at him.

“So you wouldn’t mind if I told Faye here all about my theory,” Ryan drawls. Dominico’s face takes on an ashen color.

“Oh, so this is how you feel when Ryan and I are talking,” I say to Dominico with sympathy. I feel so in the dark and left out. This sucks.

“We should get to class,” Dominico grumbles. Ryan skips off, waving to us down the hallway with his cheery grin still plastered to his face.

“What a weirdo.” I say, watching Ryan continue to skip into the distance.

“He’s your friend,” Dominico reminds me. I sigh.

“Yup. Gotta live with the choices you make when you’re five.” I say. Dominico sounds a low whistle,

“Wow, that long?”

“Kindergarten buddies stick with you forever,” I inform him. Dominico mutters something off to the side that sounds suspiciously like ‘I really hope not.’ Huh. I never really thought about Dominico having any ‘old buddies.’ He was the new kid. I didn’t think about when he was back in California. I feel so insensitive.

“You know anyone like him?” I ask as we walk into Social Studies. Jaz is already there talking to Will in a conversation that only makes sense to them.

“No,” Dominico answers my question. “I don’t think there is anyone like Ryan.”

“So who do you know? Besides our little three musketeers here.” Dominico visibly tenses at my question.

“Why the sudden interest?” he asks with a drop-it tone.

“You’ve never talked about anyone from California at all since you moved here. I’m just curious,” I say, ready to surrender. Did he have any friends at all?

“Yes I had friends!” Dominico says as if reading my mind. “No, I didn’t read your mind.”

“Dominico, you’re freaking me out.” I say plainly.

“Sorry,” he says but the slight grin that touches his features doesn’t look sorry at all.

“Sooo…” I prompt after a long pause.

“Sooo…what?” he asks.

“Who did you hang out with back in California?” I ask directly. Dominico sighs, looking like he doesn’t want to talk about it but then when he sees I’m not going to let this drop he concedes.

“I knew a lot of people… My best friends were probably Alec and Rosaline. I’ve known the two of them forever.”

“Are you subtly hinting that you used to be popular?” I ask. Referring to his first sentence. He shrugs as if it’s nothing.

“I guess so. You say that like it’s a crime,” he accuses. I shake my head.

“No, I don’t! I’m kind of surprised, that’s all.” Dominico raises an eyebrow.

“Are you really that surprised?” he asks and gives me an award-winning smile that male celebrities all over the planet would envy him for. I just roll my eyes at him.

“With a face like that I’m astounded,” I say although, honestly, it’s an utter bluff. I could completely see how Dominico could be the popular kid. All he’d really need to do around here is stop using the magic that makes everyone ignore him.

“You’re just jealous,” Dominico sneers.

Pfft. As if,” I retort. I open my mouth to ask about Rosaline and Alec but I’m cut off by the bell. Mr. Bermuda comes in with another creepy smile plastered to his face.

“Guess what guys? We get to do some more skits!” Dominico and I share a horrified glance. “We’re doing them based on the idea that history repeats itself.” Could you be more ironic if you tried?

Thankfully the skits are over without any magical interference. The rest of the day goes back to its usual boringness. Even for school standards this is awful. When I say nothing happened I mean, like, if a pencil broke it would have been the talk of the town.

Oh my gosh! Did you hear that she broke her pencil! Like, it was so sudden!” For the love of magic, spare me.

After five painfully long and indescribably boring days Friday finally decides to make a debut appearance. FINALLY!!! As soon as the school bell rings in Computer Science I am down the hall and packing my bag. I actually surprise myself with how excited I am for Jaz’s sleepover. Dominico is at my side by the time I slam my locker door shut with my foot.

“What’s the rush, Speedy Gonzalas?” he asks.

“Do not use Looney Tunes references on me,” I demand. Dominico just rolls his eyes and I can tell by his expression that I’ll be hearing the name ‘Bugs Bunny’ the next time I eat a carrot.

“So where are you off to?” he asks. He’s been so over protective since the whole kidnapping thing. I understand his concern and am very grateful and all but… LAY OFF DUDE!

“I have a date,” I say sarcastically.

“YOU WHAT?!?!” he yells and a couple people turn to look at us, despite his ever-present IGNORE ME magic.

“That was a joke. I’m going to hang out with Jaz,” I tell him, sort of impressed with his reaction. Dominico stares blankly at me with the remains of horror etched into his features.

“Not. Funny.” He says.

“Geez, lighten up,” I scoff at him. His face begins to take back its usual pale hew.

“FAYE! YOU COMIN’?” Ryan shouts from down the hallway.

“See ya later,” I say to Dominico before hurrying to Ryan. Dominico responds as I leave in a mumble that sounds like, “Yeah, sure.”

“Patience is a virtue, Ryan,” I say coming upon my annoying yet lovable friend.

“No,” he disagrees, “Kindness is a virtue. Patience is boring.” I roll my eyes at him and we look for Jaz (as she’s wearing a neon orange dress this isn’t the most daunting task). Jaz lets out a girly shriek when she sees us.

“O.M.G. I’m so excited!” she exclaims, wrapping us up in her arms.

“I’m feeling the love and all, Jaz but we’ve had, like, hundreds of sleepovers. Why the fuss about this one?” Ryan asks.

“Because this one is going to be the best one!” Jaz explains.

“And why is that?” he asks.

“It just is! I feel like we haven’t done something like this in so long! This has to be awesome!”

“Like…Glitter Ball awesome?” Ryan asks hopefully. A sly smile takes over Jaz’s face.

“Yes. I think this might qualify as Glitter ball awesome.”

“YES!!!” Ryan and I both shout, pumping our fists in the air like third graders.

To assess that we are not, in fact, either hopelessly immature or insane-though I believe Ryan might be both-you have to understand the awesome level of Glitter ball. Flashback time! When we were all nine years old Jaz was at the absolute height of her glitter obsession phase that she still has yet to grow out of, her dad made a bet with her. Now, if you know Jaz at all, you know you should never, ever make a bet with her. Why? You will lose. Her dad bet her that she couldn’t stand to not wear, touch or use something covered with glitter for a month. Honestly Ryan and I both agreed with him. Everyone has their limits. However Jaz gladly accepted the challenge…with stakes of course. If she lost, she would be forced to give up on the eccentric school apparel and decorations in her room. In short our Bejeweled Jaz would become a regular Plain Jane. If she won, Jaz would stay the glittering girl we all knew and loved and would have total freedom to decorate the basement any way she pleased. Ryan and I stuck with her the whole time. Even through the whole withdrawal stage in week two. And to everyone’s amazement, she stuck it out. A whole month. Ryan even broke out the good Hershey’s milk chocolate stash to celebrate! Of course the very next day she came back as glittery as ever and the plans for the basement started. As best friends we laugh together, cry together, and redecorate basements together. With my engineering, Ryan’s imagination and Jaz’s sparkles, Jaz’s basement turned into the epitome of paradise. And when I say paradise, I mean paint ball.

Jaz’s basement stairs lead down to two tunnels, each one leading to the opposite side of the basement. The ground is completely turf. The walls are made up partially of murals of battlegrounds that seem to stretch out forever and the other part mirrors to make the scene even more confusing and giving a high risk factor for running into walls…and because we were sick of painting and were on a tight budget at the same time wall mirrors were buy one get four free at Target. May I say, a great deal!!! We then littered the place with junk and scrap metal walls to duck behind. Not saying we didn’t awesome-ify the junk. No. Everything- and I mean everything we dragged in was glittered to the bone and has a string of Christmas lights hanging above it. The glitter was because of Jaz, naturally but the Christmas lights were actually my idea. I had them all wired so from different remotes lying around the place they can be activated. The point is if one person sees another hiding they can call them out to open fire without revealing where they themselves are. Ryan even got a sort of projector that shot lasers which bounced off the mirrored walls and glittery objects to make a scene like out of a horror meets action meets Wonderland feeling. We also hooked up speakers to the ceiling to blast music while we’re playing but made sure to include a foam pad covering the whole of the ceiling above them so the basement is virtually soundproof so we don’t annoy Jaz’s parents to a state of insanity.

We once had a Glitter ball war. To the death…just kidding. We’re still alive aren’t we? But the war was brutal. No alliances and no truces allowed. If you get shot you’re out, if you surrender then (duh) you’re out. The war lasted three whole days…that’s a lot for a kid! Can you imagine playing in a basement for three days on the same game of paintball? Or Glitter ball…the only difference between a paintball and glitterball is that glitterballs permanently stain your clothes with brightly colored sparkles. And glitterballs hurt much more than paintballs since the paint is liquid while the glitter is total solid and shot much faster. The guns were Jaz’s own design. Any who…back to the war. We literally brought backpacks full of food to Jaz’s house and fought all day and at random outbursts during the night. If someone woke up in the middle of the night, crept out of their hiding spot and tried to take the others by surprise it went into mass chaos mode. All three of us are pretty good shots but we’re all exceptional dodgers. None of us could land a hit. And yes, we all slept down there on the turf, waiting to be attacked. We made the original Hunger Games…except it was extreme paintballing…but sparkly-er. Yeah…that was our childhood. It explains a lot, right?

After three days in the basement, in the middle of the night the Christmas lights over one of the barriers lit up. I thought Ryan hit it, Ryan thought Jaz hit it and Jaz thought I hit it. We all charged in, guns raised, only to hear,

“GLITTER BOMB!!!” and with that, Jaz’s father sprayed us all with a bucket full of glitter. I have never looked at her father the same way again. Needless to say, we all exchanged a look and then chased him around the whole house, shooting him with rock-hard glitterballs but, as he had hoped because of his concern for our health and sanity, we stopped our war. Also needless to say it was the best summer ever.

Flashback end. “You girls are going down!” Ryan smack-talks.

“Check again, Fruitcake, but you’re about to be served!” Jaz counters.

“Whoa there, Glitter-Brain! Who you calling a Fruitcake?” Ryan replies.

“You Strawberry-Head! You’re going down!” Jaz says. I laugh at their bantering as I take the driver’s seat to leave Jaz undistracted in her bickering.

By the time we’re to Jaz’s house we’re all fired up for a game. Jaz’s mom who looks like the spitting image of her daughter, only older greets us when we step into the house. We politely respond and tell her about our day before all heading to the basement.

“Five minutes before start time,” I announce, “We all know the rules but just to be clear: if you’re hit or surrender you’re out. You cannot pretend to be hurt to trick people into coming out. You also cannot beat anyone over the head with the barrel of your gun. Other than that anything else goes. Good luck! You’re going to need it!” I say with a wicked smile. Ryan and Jaz both stick their tongues at me before heading out down opposite tunnels.

Game on.

The techno music of La Roux’s Bulletproof is switched on and multicolored lasers flash out of the projector on the ceiling, beaming off of the mirrors to light up the whole room. I duck under glitter-covered hunks of metal as I slink across the turf covered ground. I go check out all my usual hiding spots before building myself a little fort up against the right wall. I don’t hear Jaz or Ryan until the five minutes of preparation are up. The timer goes off with the sound of a gunshot (really just an alarm hooked up to the speakers. Immediately I turn and fire a couple rounds of glitterballs before running from my safe haven to another glittery barrier. I see a couple rounds fired at my old fort and try to track where they come from. Then, with a flash, a string of Christmas lights above me light up and all glitter breaks loose. When the glitter starts to slow I make a dart for a new hiding place. I dive under a glittery table with one side boarded up for protection. I see a remote lying nearby and I quickly grab it. I look around for someone to point out…ah ha! I see Jaz across the basement, gun ready, crouching behind a glittery mutilated car door. I type in the area code..06194 and the lights above her flash on. Don’t ask me how we all memorized the area codes of the basement. We’re just awesome like that. Ryan opens fire from across the room along with me but with Jaz crouching down, Ryan takes one step too far out and gives me an open target. I shoot a glitterball that packs him dead in the stomach. Ouch. That’ll leave a bruise.

“HA HA! TAKE THAT FRUITCAKE!!!” Jaz and I both gloat at the same time. Ryan scowls at us.

“This game is rigged,” he claims before stomping back to the opening of the tunnels to wallow in self-pity. Jaz and I both take one look at each other before scrambling for new hiding spots. We both give weak attacks for about five more minutes before Jaz launches a full-fledged attack. I turn to run behind a barrier but…BANG!!! Why did those stupid mirrors have to be on sale? And to add to the pain Jaz sends a glitterball straight into the back of my head. As if the front didn’t hurt bad enough.

“WINNER!!!” Jaz exclaims. “HAHA! SUCKERS!!!” I let out a groan and try to rub the front and back of my head at the same time.

“Ugh…why the head, Jaz? Why not just my ego?” I complain. Jaz turns to me and I see the elated smile on her face. It actually helps the pain a little. Jaz has such a contagious smile.

“Ooo, hard fought there, little buddy,” Ryan says, resting his arm on my head. Nerve Signals to Brain Message Red 8878: meaning GET THIS GUY’S ARM OFF YOUR INJURED HEAD! I push Ryan off me.

“At least I wasn’t that loser who got out first!” I remark. Ryan puts a hand over his heart and gasps,

“That hurt, Faye…sniff sniff…that hurt.” Jaz rolls her eyes and mumbles something like,

“Drama Queen.”

“Hey, have you guys ever realized how alike Drama Queen and Dairy Queen are?” Ryan asks, snapping out of his offended act. I think about that for a second…and then everything is clear.

“I can’t believe I never picked up on that before.” I say, mentally beating myself up.

“Hey Jaz,” Ryan says, changing the subject par usual. I think he has an attention span of no more than fifteen seconds. “We should so sleep down here tonight! Like old times! Not as in trying to hunt each other down this time though but…that would be awesome!” Jaz ponders his request.

“For sake of having the best sleepover ever tonight, I must oblige.” I think we’re the only people left on earth who use this kind of speech.

“Yay!” Ryan exclaims, clapping his hands and jumping up and down. I laugh at the sight of him.

We end up playing no less than ten more games before calling it quits for the night. Jaz was the winner, winning half of them, six games including the one she just won. I was second, winning another four and Ryan was left to counsel himself with his small victory which Jaz and I hint we botched out of pity (actually though he won fair and square).

Later that night we do the usual teenager schedule for a sleepover. We make popcorn (MEASURING CUPS ARE FOR SISSYS!!! Ryan exclaimed before using all the popcorn kernels to almost flood Jaz’s house), watch a movie. Two actually, Jaz and Ryan couldn’t decide between The Ring and The Princess Bride…so we watched both. Now of course Jaz can’t stand the sight of static on the TV while Ryan keeps on screaming “MY NAME IS INIGO MONTOYA! YOU KILLED MY FATER! PREPARE TO DIE!” I’m just here prank calling random people like, “YOU HAVE TEN DAYS GO LIVE!” and hanging up. We get way too into movies.

To settle down Ryan suggests a ‘harmless’ game of truth or dare. As if truth or dare can settle you down. Or as if a game of truth or dare is ever ‘harmless.’

“Okay, Ryan,” Jaz says, “You first, since it was your idea. Truth or dare?”

Ryan thinks about it before answering, “Dare.”

Ten minutes later Ryan’s face was unrecognizable under the layer of sequins glued on…did he see the ‘permanent’ label on the bottle? Oh…I didn’t mention that, did I? He’ll figure it out.

“I should have known,” Ryan groans as I try to inconspicuously as possible hide the remains of the labeled glue bottle.

“My turn,” Ryan says, “Jaz! Truth or dare?” It takes only one look at Ryan’s face to say,

“Truth.” Ryan looks slightly put out but then comes up with something.

“What is your most regrettable moment?” he asks. Jaz thinks for a second…then she blushes.

“Tell!” Ryan and I demand.

“Well, you know how my mom is allergic to cats, right? I found this cat on the street one morning and it was homeless! It was all black and white and it was so cute! I couldn’t just leave her there! So I picked it up and was going to bring it home but as I was walking there I saw all the elementary school kids getting on the bus and one of them left their backpack unzipped as he walked by…” I double over cracking up. You can figure out the rest. Ryan cracks up too and we’re both cracking up while Jaz sits their blushing and trying to convince us that it’s not that funny.

“OK, your turn, Faye.” Jaz says. Internal groan. “Truth or dare?”

“Da-“ I look at Ryan again. “Truth.”

“What was the single most moment that something happened to you that you were glad nobody else saw?” Ugh. I know my answer to this one.

“Well…ugh, why Jaz, why? You know the stairs to the upstairs part of the Junior Highschool? I came in late one day…I can’t remember why…orthodontist appointment I think…and when I went to go up the stairs someone had dropped a pencil pouch on the top step… and it had a picture of a frog on it. So I just saw it out of the corner of my eye right before I stepped on it and I thought it was a real frog so I screamed and slid on my backpack all the way down the stairs and then did a half of a headstand at the bottom.” Ryan and Jaz exchange a look before both of them start crying their eyes out, laughing. I make a face at them before calling out Ryan.

“Truth or dare?”

“Dare.” Why, man? Have you seen your face lately? Ugh. My guilty conscience will never forgive me if I torture him in his condition.

“Act out the Tower Scene from Romeo and Juliet using a teddy bear as Juliet,” I challenge. Ryan’s face lights up. I bet you didn’t know this about Ryan but he is possibly William Shakespeare’s biggest fan. He has the whole play of Romeo and Juliet memorized! He even keeps the book permanently in his backpack. Ryan runs up to Jaz’s room to grab one of her many multi-colored teddy bears before returning to us. He clears his throat and moves the teddy bear’s arms and legs for Juliet’s speaking parts,

Romeo, Romeo, where art thou Romeo?” He asks in a high voice, moving  the teddy bear’s arms dramatically. Jaz and I laugh hysterically the rest of the scene as Ryan does both parts, using an extremely deep voice for Romeo and an insultingly high and shrill one for Juliet.

When he finishes he calls out Jaz and we go on and on, spilling our guts out and doing stupid stuff until Ryan announces ‘last one’ at two a.m.

“OK, big finally question!” he announces. “Drumroll please!” Jaz and I beat our pillows.

“FAYE! Our lucky winner! Mwahahaha…I mean, congratulations! Truth or dare?” The scary look on Ryan’s face dissuades me for asking for a dare.

“Truth.” Ryan’s smile broadens and I know I chose incorrectly.

“OK, you have to answer with 100% truthfulness. You got that? No leaving anything out or not telling us something.”

“What’s the question?”

“Promise?”

“I promise! Just ask it!”

“Do you like Dominico Redwind…in the more than friends way?” CURSE YOU RYAN ABRAHAM LINCOLN! MAY THAT PERMENENT GLUE NEVER BE REMOVED FROM YOUR HIDIOUS FACE!!!

“Well…um…he’s definitely my friend, I guess. I mean, I hated him when he first moved here but I guess he can be sweet. Sorta. Sometimes. Maybe. I don’t know!”

“Slow down,” Jaz cuts in.

“Do you think he’s cute?” she asks.

“Uh, sure. I guess he’s sort of cute.” I respond. Sort of.

“Do you think he’s nice?” she inquires. I remember how worried and sweet he was over me when I was gone and especially at homecoming.

“Yeah, he’s nice.”

“Do you think you could like him? Like it’s possible?” Definitely. UGH! Why was that my first thought?

“Yeah,” I admit. I hate this game.

“Do you think you complement each other? Personality wise I mean.” I think about how different we are but then again he can do everything I can’t and vice versa. Now that I think about it, we complement each other’s strengths and weaknesses almost perfectly.

“Sure.”

“Is he smart?”

“Yes.”

“Is he a gentleman?”

“Yeah.” Unless he’s challenging me to a fight. That’s not quite the definition of chivalry.

“Is he sweet?”

“Sure.”

“Makes you laugh?”

“Yes.”

“Do you like him?”

“Yes.” It takes me a second to process what I just said. “WAIT! I MEAN-“

“HA!” Ryan exclaims. “I KNEW IT!” I scowl at him.

“I hate you.” I tell him.

“AWW! You know you love me!” He says, wrapping his arm around my shoulders and giving me a friendly grin. “And P.S. he likes you too.”

“No he doesn’t.” I say. He’s just being a friend. Dominico Redwind does not like me. I’m still not 100% sure that I like him. He can still be very annoying. “And if you tell him-“ I start. Ryan finishes my sentence.

“You’ll rip out our spines and beat us with them. We get it. Oh well. Mission Accomplished! Faye has shown signs of actually having feelings! Who would have guessed it was possible!”

“Go to bed, Ryan.”

“Nighty night!”

I should have really thought a little more about my kindergarten life decisions. I look at my two friends who are already getting tucked into their sleeping bags. I smile a little to myself, and fall asleep with one question still in my mind. If I really do like Dominico Redwind, what am I going to do now? Ugh. The more I like him the more I'm beginning to hate him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

178 5 6
Life goes on.. even if the past fails us so many countless times we have to move on.... ●-●-●-●-●-● Sarah's the invisible...
7.4K 238 14
𝐍𝐨 𝐨𝐧𝐞, 𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦, 𝐡𝐚𝐝 expected their relationship to bloom the way it had. They had very little in common, never paid mu...
2.2M 89.7K 65
-COMPLETED AS OF JUNE 1, 2017- Highest Ranking: #1 - November 27, 2018 ~READER REVIEWS~ "WOW" - StephanieSmith193 "I love you!! And I think you are v...
655K 12.6K 66
"I was reaching for stars that didn't exist, caught up in the fantasies born of willful hope. I threw myself in the path of fate because I wanted to...