How Dysfunctional Can We Be...

By ngawgilinsky

Spoiled, rich and rotten. The three words that best describe Chanel Oberlin. A jobless, freeloading 22 year o... More

Author's note
Chapter One
Chapter Two

Chapter Three

88 7 6
By ngawgilinsky

As I sit down lifeless on the cold leather couch, Harry comes back from the kitchen and sits besides me, cooling the bruise on my cheek with ice in a zip-lock bag. As he manoeuvres the small icy bag around the bruised areas, he continues talking to me.

"So tell me Chanel, what happened?" He asks curiously.

"I don't want to talk about it, stop asking me. Alright?" I yell as I snatch the zip-lock bag from his hand, placing it on my face.

"I'm just trying to help you, Chanel" He responds as he heavily sighs, clearly due to my stubbornness.

"I don't need your help! I just want everything to go back to normal. I don't want live here and I want Chad, leave me alone and stop disturbing me" I angrily stand up from the couch and walk into my room, slamming the door as I call my father.

"Dad, how dare you allow mother leave me here! I want you to pick me up now! You didn't even bother come visiting me today nor drop my belongings off!" I scream through the phone.

"I get you're really upset right now, but darling - this is for your own good. Your mom was awfully distressed today, we completely forgot to drop your things off! We're sorry. I left $10,000 in your account, just to start off" My father attempts apologising through the phone.

"Is $10,000 all I fucking mean to you? and what you're sorry? You and mother ruined my life. I expect all my things by the morning, I'm cutting you both out of my life. I'd rather live here with an annoying roommate than you" I yell, immediately ending the call without waiting for my father to respond.

I furiously take off my ruined silky dress and throw it in the corner of my rustic room along with my heels and jewellery, putting on my pyjamas and throwing myself on my bed.

I suddenly wake up to the sound of cars obnoxiously beeping and the sun beaming through the window, blurring my eyes. My whole body is enlightened with pain and exhaustion. I grab my phone underneath my pillow viewing my missed call and messages I've received from my parents, one of the messages saying "Chanel, pick your things up downstairs".

I get up from my bed limping uncontrollably, suddenly noticing the castle of boxes surrounding my bed - almost filling the whole room. I walk outside my room and notice my mother, father and Harry sitting on the circular dinning table chatting.

"What are you two doing here?" I question with a strong bitchy tone in my voice, giving them ideas I didn't want them to be here.

"Well, as we were waiting for you to pick your things, your mother recognised Harry entering the apartment. He helped us bring the boxes in your room and what in earth happened to your face?" My fathers mood drops as he notices my bruised cheek.

"It's none of your business, leave now. I don't appreciate you two being here" I yell as I cross my arms with my bitch resting face in action.

"Chan-" I immediately cut off my mother as she was about to speak and point to the door, signalling them to get out.

Without any hesitation, my mother and father stand and farewells Harry as I watch them leave.

"Chanel come on, be easy on them" Harry conveys as he closes the door.

"Be easy on them? They ruined my life, especially my father for allowing my mother to kick me out and also $10,000? That's nothing. I hate them, I don't want them apart of my life" I shout.

"You know, you should be thankful you even have a father. A father generous to easily hand you $10,000, a father who loves you. Yes they kicked you out, but at least your mother isn't on the verge of dying and your father didn't leave because he couldn't handle the responsibilities. He left my sick mother fighting her battles on her own, he left us" Harry mutters as his eyes began tearing up.

I become speechless. How can he remain so positive after everything his been through? I've been such a bitch to him, and he hasn't cracked open with frustration.

"Just be grateful, please. Don't take them for granted" Harry exclaims as he walks into his room, slightly slamming the door.

A few hours have past and I've been keeping myself busy by unboxing these cardboard boxes, asserting my belongings neatly. I don't even know where to put half of my clothes. I hear a subtle knock from my door, I get up from the squeaky wooden floor and open the door.

"Hey Chanel, sorry about earlier. I was just wondering if you wanted to go get some coffee or something? Let's go to the cafe downstairs, my shout" Harry smiles.

"Yeah alright, I'd really go for a trenta-sized, no foam, five-shot, half-caff pumpkin spice latte at 210 degrees" I exclaim as I think about the mouth-watering beverage.

"210 degrees? First of all, that's really hot and what in earth is a trenta?" He asks in confusion.

"Did I ask for your statement? You Lower-east side people don't know anything, a trenta is the largest sized cup for lattes. Anyway, I didn't see a starbucks downstairs. How delusional and unintelligent are you?" I exclaim.

"Yeah because there isn't a Starbucks downstairs. I don't know if you realised but Starbucks isn't the only cafe here in Manhattan. The cafe downstairs is called "Bean there, Drank that". Get it? A coffee bean? Been there, done that? Funny isn't it?" He laughs.

"That sounds utterly revolting" I roll my eyes as I follow Harry downstairs to the cafe.

We enter the cafe and lined up. "Good evening, Welcome to Bean There, Drank that. What would you like to or-" I rudely interrupt the barista.

"Save the sweet talk, I'll have trenta-sized, no foam, five-shot, half-caff pumpkin spice latte with again, no foam at 210 degrees" I smile.

"210 degrees? That's two degrees below boiling point" The female barista questions as she strangely glares at me, still managing her fake smile.

"I'm sorry, did I enter a wormhole to a universe where this coffeehouse does not posses the technology to heat my favourite autumnal tradition to 210 degrees?" I furiously yell.

Harry's eyes widen and mutters in my ear "Stop making a scene over a pumpkin spice latte, you psychopath".

"I like my pumpkin spice lattes extra hot, so please comply with my request". The barista falsely smiles and gulps as she begins taking Harry's order.

"Sir, what would like to order?" My head fumes, is it really that hard to make a pumpkin spice latte to 210 degrees? Harry finishes ordering his coffee and pays the barista. We begin waiting for our drinks on the right-side of the counter.

"Chanel, you need to be more respectful, manners would be lovely too" Harry mentions as we wait for our drinks.

"Well, she shouldn't be questioning my order in the first place". The female barista yells out Harry and I's order.

"About time! Thank you, coffee donkey" I snatch the pumpkin spice latte out of her hand and take a sip from the drink.

"Ugh! You burned the milk" I chuck the latte on the ground causing it too splash all over the floor.

"Learn how to make a pumpkin spice latte! Next time, I'll get you fired". I walk out the cafe as Harry helps the barista clean the mess I made.

"Chanel, yelling at that lady is one thing but causing a scene and throwing your latte on the ground? That wasn't necessary. I rarely say this to people and I profusely apologise if I offend you but you're an awful person, you're in fact the worse human being I've ever encountered" Harry mentions in the nicest way possible, trying not to hurt me by his "hurtful" words.

"Thank you, in fact the worse thing I've ever encountered is your hair. When was the last time you had a haircut?" I laugh as he walks back upstairs to our apartment.

"Hey! Wait up, I was only joking" I roll my eyes, trying to catch up to him.

A/N: Idk I feel this chapter was boring but trust me, it'll get more intriguing. Love you all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

82K 4.7K 34
โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค *โ‹†โ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ค ๐ข'๐ ๐ฉ๐š๐ฌ๐ฌ ๐ฎ๐ฉ ๐š ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐ž๐ž ๐ญ๐ซ๐ข๐ฉ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ข๐ญ๐š๐ฅ๐ฒ? ๐ข ๐ฅ๐ข๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ค๐ž๐ž๐ฉ ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ฉ๐š๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ฉ๐จ๐ซ๐ญ ๐ข๐ง ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๏ฟฝ...
293K 27.4K 64
Third book of idol love series... Devotion- "Strongest form of love" All the characters are fictional. There is no connection with the real place or...
134K 4.2K 45
matilda styles, will you be my valentine? (please reject me so i can move on) โ‹† หš๏ฝกโ‹†เญจ๐Ÿ’Œเญงโ‹† หš๏ฝกโ‹† IN WHICH christopher sturniolo falls for nepo baby or...
1.1M 49.3K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC