Pale Faces || Damon Salvatore

By Lou_louxoxo

Eleanor Mae Swan - informally known as Ellie by her friends - has always been the "ugly" twin compared to her... More

One;
Two;
Three;
Four;
Five;
Six;
Seven;
Eight;
NINE:
Eleven;
Twelve;
Thirteen;
A/N
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
A/N
Nineteen
Twenty
SEQUEL

TEN:

84.2K 2.2K 637
By Lou_louxoxo

DAMON'S POV: (didn't expect that did ya? 😉)

I should've left without telling her. Should've waited till she was busy, and slipped away. I shouldn't of dragged it out like I did, shouldn't of had a conversation. It's not like anything I could of said would've mattered. She tries to hide is so we'll all the time, but for gods sake she was hurt when she realised I was leaving. She was hurt. I just made it worse.

But I couldn't physically just leave her, my brain was telling me to but my heart... I just couldn't.

She's mad, I can tell. I could feel her rage from where I was stood. The fury in her eyes when she looked at me before I kissed her forehead. I don't blame her. I've been by her side for the past few weeks, hell I've been sleeping with her since the day I got here, and now I'm leaving like it meant nothing.

I'd just like to clarify that it did not mean nothing. I don't have the words to describe how much it meant.

She doesn't understand. I'm not going back for Elena. It hasn't been about Elena for a long time — since before Elena told me she loves me. I'm going back for my brother, and I won't be gone long anyway. He needs to understand that Elena is just confused, that it isn't me she wants — she just thinks she does.

But nothing as ever hurt as much as the defeat in Eleanor's eyes as she realised I was going back. Not Katherine leaving, not dying, not the betrayal of my brother. Nothing. I know I have to do this for him, for his happiness, but o can't help but think there won't be an Eleanor to come back to after I'm done.

——————

Eleanor's POV:

It's been a week since Damon ran back to Elena, and as petty as it is, I've been dodging Caroline's calls. It's ridiculous, and I'm sure I'll feel bad about it later, but she's sort of responsible for Damon's leaving to go back to Elena.

Argh. Elena. I don't think I've ever disliked someone so much in my life, and I'm related to Bella, so that's saying a lot. I'm not even sure why I hate her so much, I don't have the energy to figure it out, but I just have this bubbling hatred for her that I cannot seem to get over.

"Ellie! Ellie is Damon on his way yet?"

No, Isabella, he is not. He's following around Elena Gilbert like a love sick puppy.

Alright, so maybe I didn't tell Bella that I no longer have a date to her wedding. But! In my defence! She'd have told Alice and... Well... I value my life. Well, my undead life.

Of course today would be the worst day to tell my darling twin sister about that miniature detail considering it's the day before her wedding. She's getting ready to go over to the Cullens place, special request of Alice. Some sort of hen party — Bella style. Quiet, private, and small.

Unfortunately for me, I've been roped into going too. 'Sister of the bride' is compulsory, apparently. So I have to dress up in my cutest outfit and pretend to be Bella's biggest fan.

Urgh. Someone stake me.

"Chill out Bella. He'll be here by tomorrow." I yell back to her, grabbing my overnight duffel bag and slipping it onto my shoulder.

Leaving my room, I don't look over at Damon's tux — hung up neatly on the wardrobe, his shoes underneath it. I swore to myself I wouldn't pine after him, he left not me. After all, why should I need him? He was never mine. He's always been hers. He obviously doesn't want me, so I'm not about to worry myself over him. He made his choice.

I meet Bella at the bottom of the stairs, grabbing my coat from the hangers on the wall. She's shoved her hair into a pony tail tonight, and her coat covers a majority of what she's wearing. Her boots reach her knees and her black jeans are only just visible underneath. Of course she went with jeans. The only hen party she's going to have for the rest of her life — after all, she's marrying a vampire (I've come to the conclusion she's aware of this) that shit's hard to get out of after you're in — and she goes with jeans.

"Are you ready to go?" She asks, flashing me a smile. She's been doing this a lot, smiling at me and doing nice things for me. It's strange, different. I'm still not used to it, despite the fact I've been here for a few months now.

I nod, peering around the corner to see Charlie sat on the couch watching football, "See you later Charlie."

"I'll see you tomorrow Els."

Bella opens the door, stepping outside and waiting for me on the porch. She's looking at me weird again. She's been doing this for the past few days; randomly staring at me with a curious look in her eyes. It's really starting to freak me out. If she wasn't getting married, I'd start to assume my sister is in love with me.

It isn't until we get into the car, and pull out of the driveway, that she speaks, "Alice knows what you are."

My eyes widen and it takes everything in me not to stamp my foot on the break pedal. Alice knows? How can Alice know? I didn't let anything slip. I kept up pretences. I'm such a good actor, I was starting to believe in human. How can Alice know?

"They all know, they weren't going to say anything out of respect for your privacy." Bella continues, I can feel her gaze on me even though I'm not looking at her.

I gulp, keeping my eyes glued to the road, "Is that so?"

"Yes."

"And... And do you... Do you know what I am?" I ask, slightly surprised at my nervousness in this convocation. Perhaps I'm scared she'll snitch and get me staked. What else could it be?

Bella is silent for a moment, "Yes, they told me."

I should've expected this much. To be honest, I'm surprised they didn't figure it out sooner. It was stupid of me to expect them to not know. They're vampires for crying out loud, different type to what I am, but still.

"You're different though, aren't you? You can walk in the sun without sparkling. Eat human food." Bella says, obviously intent on finding out how this happened.

Wait... They sparkle? What the fuck?

"They sparkle?" I grin, throwing it her way despite the tension, "Like fairies?"

She rolls her eyes, "Like diamonds."

"Right." The sarcasm drips from my tone, "But yeah, I can walk in the sun — thanks to this beauty." I flash my ring at her, showing her my hand while making sure I don't crash us both.

"The ring?"

I nod, "Yup. The ring. It's some sort of moonstone or something, it's got magical properties. My friend Bonnie, she's a witch, she made it for me so that I don't cremate in sunlight."

Bella's voice holds confusion, "Witch? Like a wand and broomstick?"

I laugh, "No, moron. Not fairytale witch. Real witch. Salem, I think."

"But—"

"Everything you think you know about the world is wrong Bella, everything they think they know is wrong. Their species, it was a mistake. A fuck up by the Original Vampires. An experiment. The oldest vampires in existence tried to create something, and threw it away when it didn't work." It sounds harsh, but it's the truth, "Witches, werewolves — not like those sorry excuses you have down at La Push either — doppelgänger and my kind, vampires, it all exists."

She absorbs it all, I can tell it's shocked her. She's always so locked into her own little world that she misses everything around her. Plus, if her and that vamp family want to go snooping then they're gonna have to learn about it all, about the truth, not just what the want to know.

"And you... You're a vampire?"

I shrug, "I guess."

"Are you like them then? Or majorly different? Are you even dead?" Bella asks too many questions, way too many.

I scoff, "I'm nothing like your fairy vampires. I can eat human food, I can walk around in the day time, I'm faster, and stronger, and blood thirst isn't an issue. Not if you're trained properly."

"How did you... How did you die?"

Oh go on then Bella, straight to the hard stuff. Because that won't be a sensitive topic at all.

I shrug, "I got involved with a group of people that went to my high school in Mystic Falls, didn't realise the supernatural shit they were involved in, and ended up being killed. Damon... He brought me back. He saved my I guess, made me like him."

"Damon's like you?" She sounds so shocked. Like I randomly lure human boys into my bedroom to feed from them.

"Didn't you see his ring?" I ask, pulling into the road that takes us straight to the Cullens place.

Bella doesn't speak for a while, not until I pull into the Cullens driveway. She gets out of the car, grabbing her bag from the back seat, and shutting the door. I grab my own bag before locking my car and shoving the keys into the front of the bag.

"You should've said something when you first got here, it would've been easier for you." Bella says, her voice lowered as if it'll make any difference to the Cullens being able to hear.

I roll my eyes, "Yeah Bella, I should've told you I'm dead and drink human blood."

"Wait, you drink human blood?"

Oh great, now I'm stuck with vegan vampires. Argh, I can already feel Damon laughing at me.

No! No Damon. He's gone. Focus.

Argh. But vegan...

Just my luck.

Votes, comments, and follows are appreciated ❤️ thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57K 1.1K 23
Piper Swan is the older sister of Isabella Swan. Piper is quite outgoing and funny when she wants to be. She's overprotective of her little sister, e...
188K 2.7K 34
Belle Swan is the older sister of Bella Swan. Bella Swan thinks she is the center of attention and thinks that she can have whoever she wants, what e...
188K 2.2K 16
Ariel Swan is Bella sister. Ariel was friends with wolf pack. Key word 'was'. The pack basically ignored her and she had no idea why. Then Bella foun...
310K 10.5K 28
Milly Swan was the sweetest girl anyone would ever have the pleasure to meet. She was a breath of fresh air to anyone that came across her, and it wa...