LUSH ;; JESSE EISENBERG

By KRYPT0NKID

" i will never let anything happen to you" More

{0.} playlist
{1.} WELCOME TO MY ZOO OF LOVELY HUMANS
{2.} "I'M TOO GOOD TO YOU."
{3.} OVERDUE CHANGES
{4.} ICE CREAM AND HONESTY
{5.} THE JOY IN GETTING LOST
{6.} THE IRONY OF CHOKING ON A LIFESAVER
{7.} THE NIGHT BEFORE
{8.} ON CHRISTMAS DAY,
{9.} RAVISHING
{10.} CATS AND DOGS
{11.} BEST FRIEND'S HOUSE
{12.} JEREMY'S INTOXICATED MISTAKE
{13.} STRESS, DORY, AND BEAUTIFUL WATER
{14.} KISSES AND TAXI CABS
{15.} TO COMPLETELY LEAVE A ENEMY, FOR GOOD
{16.} "KISS MY FRECKLES AND TELL ME IT'S OKAY"
{17.} THE GOLDFISH NECKLACE
{19.} LOVER OR SAVIOR?
{20.} A LOUD POOL OF TEARS
{21.} LOSING DORY
{22.} "I BROKE MY PROMISE"
{23.} "KISS ME AGAIN"
{24.} FINDING DORY
{25.} "WHAT'S NEXT?"
acknowlegements + but wait, there's MORE !!

{18.} "I DON'T NEED YOU ANYMORE"

395 27 1
By KRYPT0NKID

  Dory's Perspective 

  || "Tired yet?" Jeremy leaned over to look at me. I smiled at him and rolled my eyes playfully.

"Nope!" Jeremy sighed.

"You know Dory, I don't know how you do it. I'm exhausted." I shrugged.

"Maybe you just need to get more sleep." Jeremy narrowed his eyes.

"Did you really just say that your best friend, whom is known for being a insomniac?" I put up my hands in surrender.

"I'm sorry, it's true!" Jeremy rolled his eyes and rested his elbow on the front counter, his chin resting in his palm.

"Whatever." I went to reply, yet I was interrupted as Nicola walked into the store. The clothes she was wearing were much fancier than the clothes she would usually wear, and she was holding a cup of black coffee from Starbucks with no lid on it. The coffee appeared to be very, very hot from what I noticed when she turned to me. I frowned.

"Nicola, where have you been? You were supposed to be here about a hour ago--"

"Dory, I quit." I frowned even more as Jeremy stood up straight.

"What? Why?" he began to question her. I could hear a tone of disbelief in his voice yet he didn't seem to be to upset yet. Nicola sighed.

"I just can't stay here anymore." Jeremy rolled his eyes.

"You're never even here anyways. Go ahead, get out." Nicola now seemed offended.

"That's not true!"

"Dory takes your shifts everyday, you do nothing. Leave."

"I've been here longer than she has! Clearly someone's picking favorites!"

"No you haven't, now you're just lying!" Jeremy laughed a little, now disgusted as he took a step closer. "Now leave before I call security."

"You know what," I quickly got between them as Nicola started.

"Guys please don't fight!" I tried to interrupt but it was too late. All I had done was get in the way. It was too late as Nicola yelled.

"FUCK YOU!" Nicola suddenly threw her coffee in Jeremy and I's direction. I gasped as the coffee hit my face and spilled all over my dress, the liquid stinging my skin and damping my hair in the slightest. I looked down at my dress. This dress was new, and it was my favorite. Yet it was now nearly ruined as the coffee began to leave a large stain on the front of it. Nicola gasped and put a hand over her mouth.

"Dory, I'm so sorry! That wasn't meant for you, I swear--"

"Nicola," I slowly looked up at her, a frown now on my face. I tried my best to not be brutal as I spoke. "Please, either buy some soap or kindly leave." Nicola slowly nodded. Her head was lowered as she walked out of the store. I tried my best to dust myself off as I turned to Jeremy. "Please tell me I can go home..." I sighed. Jeremy nodded.

"Y-Yeah, go ahead. Dory I'm really sorry--"

"No no, it's fine." I faked a small smile and quickly got my coat on. "I'll see you tomorrow." Jeremy nodded.

"See you."

...  twenty five minutes later.

I sighed and fell back on my bed. I was exhausted. It had been three days since Jesse left for LA and I missed him more than I thought I would. I just wanted to hug him so badly... A hug from him would feel amazing right about now. Yet I knew that was impossible, so instead I picked up my phone and quickly dialed his number. I put the phone to my ear and waited as I could hear it ring. A few moments later I could hear Jesse start to speak.

"H-Hello?"

"Jesse!" Jesse immediately laughed at my response and I grinned, I loved hearing him laugh. I was so happy to finally speak to him that I could barely contain myself. Jesse hadn't been able to talk via calling the past three days so it had been a while since I heard him laugh.

"Dory! How are you? I-I'm so glad you called, I've been waiting all day." he chuckled again.

"You could've just called me, dork."

"Well, I knew you were working today and I-I didn't want to interrupt you. Again, how was your day?" I sighed slowly as I thought it over.

"Eh, not great. I miss you a lot and a lot of stuff happened today."

"Oh, well, Dory I-I miss you too. I miss you a lot more than you miss me actually." he chuckled nervously again. "And w-what happened? Was it just a busy day or something?"

"Well, no...Not really. But Nicola quit today."

"W-what? Really? What happened?"

"Well apparently she was unhappy with her job and the amount of hours she was working, so, she quit. She threw coffee in my face too...It ruined my new dress..." Jesse sighed unhappily.

"Aw Dory, I'm so sorry. You stood up for yourself, right?" I stayed silent for a few moments. I guess I...I guess I didn't really stand up for myself. I hadn't thought about it before Jesse mentioned it. I remembered to speak when Jesse spoke again. "You stood up for yourself, right?" he repeated. I quickly shook my head and spoke.

"N-No, not really." he sighed again. This time his sigh sounded a lot more disappointed.

"Dory, why not? You just bought that dress a while ago, i-i-it looks nice on you! She doesn't have the right to push you around like that and she doesn't have the right to be mean to you."

"Jesse, how would you know that?"

"Because I know you and I know you could never hurt a fly. Dory, you need to start speaking up and standing up for yourself. If not people are going to try to push you around and I'm not okay with that." I slowly sat up. He wasn't saying what I thought he was saying, was he? He better not be...I spoke again.

"Jesse I just didn't want to be rude. It's fine."

"No, it's not. You need to start taking care of yourself--" I was now very offended.

"I take care of myself! What are you talking about? I'm sorry I don't feel the need to be just as petty as other people, I'm fine!" I could hear him huff from the other end of the phone.

"Dory that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that you can't just let people get away with shit like that, you should know better."

"Well--what did you want me to do? Throw some soap at her? Try to beat her in a rap battle?"

"Dory, I'm sorry, but you're never gonna be in a rap battle."

"Don't remind me..." I sighed. I could hear him chuckle from the other end in the very slightest. I huffed and spoke again. "Look, I don't need you to boss me around. I can take care of myself. Nobody takes care of me but me."

"Dory I love you but it sure doesn't seem like you can take care of yourself when it comes to being social." I scoffed.

"Jesse, I don't need anybody to take care of me! I don't need Fate to take care of me, I don't need Jeremy to take care of me, I don't need Evan to take care of me and I espically don't need you!" I gasped and covered my mouth. It was the meanest thing I had ever said in a very, very long time. Not to mention, I wasn't supposed to mention Evan to Jesse. After a few moments of us both being silent, he spoke again.

"Dory, please calm down...I didn't mean to upset you."

"...I don't want to talk anymore."

"No, Dory, please...Please Dory I haven't gotten the chance to hear your voice in a while and I--"

"Jesse, I don't want to talk anymore."

"...I love you." I bit down on my bottom lip as he spoke. I felt flattered and warm inside. After all those mean words I said, he still loved me? I sighed and shook my head. I had to stay strong.

"Goodbye, Jesse."

"Dory wait--" I hung up the phone. I put it on silent as I then gently placed it on my nightstand. As I got under the covers, I thought everything over. I wondered what would happen next. I wondered if there would be any consequences for what I said and I wondered if Jesse would still call me tomorrow. I heard my phone vibrate again yet I didn't even bother to look at it. I closed my eyes, and quickly fell asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5K 300 13
" I THOUGHT I WARNED YOU ABOUT THE WOODS" /: first published around July 6th 2016
21K 1.6K 12
" Hold my hand, once your palm touch mine I would never let you go again. " - Freen
35.2K 1.8K 46
"Maybe after all these years...we were never gonna have have a happy ending."
62.5K 2.1K 21
" i could never go through the pain of losing you again ".