Courage (A Miraculous Ladybug...

By Lovestrong0616

Marinette finally gains enough courage to confess her feelings to Adrien and ask him out on a date. Adrien be... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Twelve
Epilogue
The Sequel
Editing and New Book!!!!
IMPORTANT!!!!!!

Chapter Eleven

5.2K 142 149
By Lovestrong0616

Hey Guys! Can you go read Miraculous Parents by Miraculous118 She is thinking of deleting the book and I don't want her to. Her book is AMAZING!!! And you should read it.

Recap:

I moved an inch closer and we kissed.

End Recap.

Marinettes POV

The second my lips touched his I felt sparks. There was so many sparks and I felt like the whole world stopped for me. Neither of us wanted to pull away. Eventually we ran out of air. We had to pull away. I pulled away breathless. We stood there panting. We didn't break eye contact. We didn't speak. We just stood there staring into each other's eyes. Finally my mind processed what just happened. I started to internally freak out. OMG! OMG! I JUST  KISSED THE ADRIEN AGRESTE!!! AND IT WAS MY FIRST KISS!!! I JUST HAD MY FIRST KISS!!! WITH THE ONE AND ONLY ADRIEN AGRESTE!! Sure I had kissed him before as Chat Noir but that didn't count. It was only to save him. It didn't mean anything but this. This meant something. I'm not sure what yet but it's got to mean something doesn't it? I had to say something. I needed to know how he felt.

I cleared my throat and got ready to say something.

"Sooooo..." I started dragging out the 'o' "What does this mean?"

I had so many questions but I could only get one out. I didn't want to bombard him with questions. I didn't want to overwhelm him.

"I don't know. It's up to you."

It's up to me?!? I needed sit down. I was going faint. He must've saw my face pale because he grabbed a chair and offered to me. I took it and sat down. I didn't know what wanted. I needed to think things through. I gently pressed a couple fingers to my lips thinking of the kiss again. How can I just forgive him after what he did? Before I was caught up in the moment. I didn't really forgive him did I? I was so lost as to what I wanted. I didn't know what to do. I knew he must've been growing impatient and my theory was correct when he spoke up.

"Are you okay Marinette?"

"Y-Y-Yeah... I just n-need to think s-some thing o-over." Gosh dang it Marinette!! You're at it with the stuttering again.

"Oh." He sounded a little disappointed but didn't push it. I heard him walk away and walk out. I felt almost relieved that he was gone. I didn't want him staring at me while I tried to decide. I didn't want all of that pressure. I looked around at the room. This time I looked more in detail. I walked over to the wall with my designs on it. It had everything on it. Including my prom dress designs on it. How did he get those? Alya must've helped him. Suddenly everything clicked. That's why Alya was hanging out with Adrien at the park. That's why Alya wouldn't tell me what they were talking about. They were planning this. I know they must've spent a couple days on this who knows how much longer. I saw designs that I had never shown anyone. There were so many designs that I thought nobody knew about here. How did they get these?

I then moved to the next wall. It was a bunch of baking stuff. It had a couple of my homemade recipes. It had a bunch of cooking utensils and most of all it had pictures of me having fun in the kitchen. It had pictures of the bakery and of me working in it.

I then moved to the next wall. It had pictures of me gaming. I saw pictures of me when I was younger. It had pictures of me with my dad and me beating him. Then I had pictures of me and Adrien playing together.

I moved to the last wall. 'I'm sorry for everything Marinette'. Those words rang in my head several times for a couple minutes. I couldn't get them out of my head. As I looked closer and the wall those words were made up of books. Not just any books but my favorite books. I knew they had to be copies and weren't the real deal but that still must've taken a lot of work to do.

I went back to the table. I looked at all of this the closest. I read every event over and over again. I started crying. My heart was torn. On one hand I love him. He did all of this for me. I believed he was truly sorry. On the other he did all of this because he hurt me. He promised to never hurt me and he goes back on his word. Can I really trust him?

I pondered on this thought for what seems like forever. Then I thought of our identities. If we got back together and then he hurt me again, how in the world would we fight akumas? I wish I had never revealed. Then none of this wouldn't have happened. I needed to go be free. I needed to transform.

"Tikki spots on!" I barely whispered.

I jumped away and out the window. I went to the top of the Eiffel Tower. This was the one place that I always went to when I needed think. Questions were racing through my mind. I didn't even notice the tears streaming down my face. I was so lost in my thoughts I didn't notice a certain black cat sneaking up on me.

"Are you alright m'lady?"

I jumped not expecting a voice or anybody. I turned and saw it was Chat. I just turned back. I couldn't look at him. I still didn't know what I wanted. I wanted him but could I trust him? Is he worth my time? I felt a body lay down next to me. Even if we did get back together there was so much we still had to go through. We had to re-build the trust. We had to make sure my parents didn't kill him. I'm pretty sure Alya already trusted him again since she helped him. But if not we had that hoop to jump through. Suddenly a voice brought me out of my thoughts.

"Mari, look at me. Please."

I looked at him but I couldn't face his eyes. I couldn't face him. Not now. I couldn't look at those eyes. They would influence my decision too much. They would look so sad and I can't say 'no' to those baby kitten eyes. I can barely say 'no' to that voice. I knew he wouldn't let me get by without looking into his eyes. He lifted my chin almost like he did when I first confessed my feelings to him. Thankfully I didn't have to talk. He did all the talking. While holding my chin up he talked.

"Are you okay Mari? If you don't want to date me and just be friends we can do that but you should know that I will always wait for you. I will wait until you're ready because Mari, I love you and I'd do anything for you. If I have to wait 1000 years for you I will. I don't care what you decide but just please talk to me. Please look at me. I shouldn't have to hold your chin up. I want you to look at me free of your own will. Will you please talk to me at least?"

He stared at me for a couple seconds hoping I would reply. When I didn't he got up and started to leave. My hand shot out and grabbed his. I didn't know why I did it but I did. He stopped and turned. He came back to my side. I didn't let go of his hand. I didn't want him to leave. I didn't want to talk either but I knew that it would be unfair if I didn't say something. He deserved to know what's going through my mind. I turned my head towards him and got ready to speak. This time I looked at him in the eyes on my own. He didn't have to hold my chin up.

"I'll talk." I said in a very shaky voice. He then pulled me up on my feet. I could feel the tears start to gather at the corner of my eyes. No! I told myself I would tell him so I will tell him. I will not back down.

"Adrien..." I could barely get his name out. How the heck was I going to get everything on my mind out? Oh well! I'll try.

"I want you. I do but there's more to it than what I want." He looked a little confused so I continued the best I could.

"This decision affects more than just me. This affects everyone. It affects the citizens of Paris too. What will happen if we break up? How are we going to protect them if we can't look at each other? We got lucky that the akumas were easy this time but if we can't work together it's going to make the easiest akuma hard. Every akuma battle will be hard. Then we get down to my parents. This affects them. Last I was aware my father still wanted to kill you and my mother didn't want you to ever be mine again. Lastly we get down to me. Either way I choose I'll be affected big time. How do I know I can trust you? How can I date someone I don't trust? How do I know that I won't end up heartbroken again? All of this has been going through my head and I don't know how to work through it all. That's why I haven't been talking to you or anyone. I've been trying to figure something out so we can be together but I have no ideas." I explained tearing up along the way. By now we had both de-transformed but we didn't care. He pulled me into a hug.

"Oh Mari... I didn't know you felt that way. I'm so sorry." He hugged me tighter. I felt so much better. It felt good to get that off of my chest. He didn't say anything else for a while. He just hugged me. It felt amazing. I could feel my tears start to go through his shirt. He pulled away from the hug.

"Don't cry m'lady. Please don't cry." He said as he wiped the tears off of my face. He looked as if he was thinking about something to say. He finally said something.

"If you want me then I'm all yours. I don't plan on breaking up with you anytime soon if we get together. We can even promise each other to be nice and to work together if we do break up. This way we can protect the people. Because you're right. We do have a job to protect the people of Paris and we need to be able to do that. I'll do whatever it takes to get you back. I'll go through whatever hoops you throw at me. I'll do what you want to do. If you aren't ready than that's okay. I'll wait because Mari, you are worth waiting for."

I was speechless. I didn't know what to say. This definitely made me think even more. Was I ready? I think I already know the answer. What about my parents though? How am I going to explain all of this without revealing our identities? Should I ask him if we can reveal our identities? How will my parents react? Will they like him again or just hate half of Paris' superheroes? Will my parents accept the real me? What do I do? I had so many questions running through my head. I just wanted to run. I didn't want to have to think about this stuff. I am a teenager I shouldn't have to think about all of this but I am. There was only one thing I could say to make all of this go away. It was the one thing I didn't want to say. It was the one thing I couldn't say. I couldn't face him and say it. I had to say it though. I wasn't ready for my parents to know. I was going to do it. I am going to say it.

"I'm sorry. I can't."

--------------------------------------------------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 39 40
With the truth of Chat Blanc revealed Marinette has found relief in telling Chat Noir the truth, but unknown to them Hawkmoth knows too. Marinette s...
14.1K 276 14
Marinette took a deep breath as if she was taking her final if she was getting ready to do the most disturbing thing of her life. Well, she sort of w...
237K 5.7K 30
"What is Marinette doing?" Adrien said. This was the fifth time she rejected his invitation to hangout and she was avoiding him at school. There was...
58.3K 2.1K 6
We are aware of how Marinette found her love for Adrien Agreste. A simple but caring gesture that revolved around an umbrella sparked an everlasting...