His Prisoner

By Lixxyy19

Jack Morgan has been a friend of my parents for years. That is until they died when I was fifteen. Jack took... More

Prologue
His Beautiful Eyes [1]
Hormones My Arse! [2]
This Is My House [3]
The Wolf [4]
Heartbeat [5]
Panic [6]
Chase The Giant [7]
The Button Problem [8]
Strangers That Care [9]
Teaching Him A Lesson [10]
To A New Start [11]
Looking Into The Past [12]
Playful Mornings [13]
Eliot's Surprise [14]
The Drunken Truth [15]
Werewolves Are Real [16]
I Can Live With It [17]
Love And Heartbreak [18]
Author's Apologies
Revelations [19]
Getting Back To Normal [21]
You're The Wolf [22]
Girl Or Boy? [23]
The Note [24]
Where We Stand [25]
Meeting The Family [26]
Motherly Love [27]
20-Week Scan [28]
His Devastation [29]
Her Devastation [30]
I'm Leaving [31]
Jack Is Back [32]
He Has A Mate?! [33]
Missing Meredith [34]
Now A Rogue [35]
Sarah Adams In The Flesh [36]
So, This Is Carter? [37]
Christmas With Family [38]
Heart To Heart [39]
For Them. [40]
Epilogue

The Truth Hurts [20]

16.4K 544 56
By Lixxyy19

Eliot's P.O.V [New!]

I stand silently in the doorway of the living room observing the scene before me. Emily has Meri wrapped up tight in her arms as she sobs loudly, screaming about Jack's betrayal. It hurts to see her so upset, distraught even but she had to know. 

I came to this area of the town to buy it. The house we're staying in is owned by my parents and we're currently negotiating to buy this side of the woods. That also meant buying Meredith's house. I didn't know it was left to her by her deceased parents. In fact, I never knew she lived there until I saw her. 

At the moment, my parents are looking after the pack and taking care of the Alpha duties. It's why I've been able to stay here so long with Chase and Emily. We need this land in order to expand our territory. The pack is becoming too big and if we have this side of the woods then we'll have more space to build more houses for the families that want to live alone. 

"El." I turn around at the quiet call of my name.

Chase motions me over to the kitchen. I take one last worried glance at Meri before following him. Groaning as I sit down at the table opposite him, Chase smiles in understanding.

"It slowly tears you apart right? Listening to her cry like that." I nod. 

Chase and Emily have been mates for a few years now and I've seen him in pain when she is but I never understood it until now. It literally hurts my heart to see her like that. 

"Why did you tell her man? You should have just left Jack to dig his own hole. She would have found out on her own eventually."

"I told her because I don't want her anywhere near him. There was no reason for her to go back there today. At least now, she never will. He destroyed her life without her knowing and then took advantage of her vulnerability." 

Chase rolls his eyes at me and I growl in warning. I was only doing what I thought was best. I didn't want her living with a murderer. She's my mate and there's no way I will let her spend another second of her life with that poor excuse of a wolf. 

"She's pregnant Eliot. You can't just blurt stuff out like that. Her emotions are heightened, if she's stressed, it could affect the baby."

I can't help but grimace a little. My mate is pregnant with another man's baby. I'm not quite sure how to deal with that. At first, I hardly gave it a thought and it didn't matter to me but the weeks I've spent with her has changed that. I don't want her pregnant with someone else's child, I want it to be mine. 

"Right." I finally mumble to him in reply.

"It really bothers you doesn't it?"

"What?"

Chase raises an eyebrow at me. He knows I know what he's talking about but I'd rather not discuss it.

"You need to talk to her about it." 

"No, I don't. She can't handle anything else right now." Chase nods in agreement.

It's silent between us for a while as I listen to Meri sob in the other room. I want to comfort her but I'm not sure how she'll feel about being near me after what I told her. It's better that Emily comforts her. It's good for her to have a female around her, right? All she's ever had since her parents died is Jack. 

"We should get Amber over here to check on her." Chase voices suddenly.

I turn back to face him after staring out the door for the past ten minutes.

"I'll call her." 

I stand up and head outside into the garden. I welcome the quiet atmosphere as the breeze brushes across my face. It's getting cold out now. Today is the 1st of December and Christmas is soon approaching. I want to be back home with my family and pack before Christmas and I'm hoping to take Meri with me.

I dial Amber's number and she agrees to come over to check on Meri. I explain to her that she's been under a lot of stress and we're worried about how it could be affecting the baby. Once I've ended the call, I stand outside for a while longer to clear my thoughts.

Maybe Chase is right. I shouldn't have told her the way I did but after everything Jack has done to Meri, I can't stand the thought of her even attempting to reconcile with him for the sake of their child while knowing what he's done.

I've known Jack for quite a few years. He doesn't belong to any pack so technically he's a rouge but recently he has been working to take over a small pack that just lost their Alpha. All the business that he told Meri he's been busy doing is in relation to it. He wants his own pack but it's difficult to just take over any pack when you're not a part of it or the next heir. 

I don't like the thought of him running his own pack. I can already imagine the ruthlessness and rouge-like behaviour he'll bring into it. I just hope he doesn't succeed in taking it over. 

"Eliot!" 

Turning around at the sound of my name, I see Emily standing near the back door and she motions me over. I walk back into the kitchen closing the door behind me.

"Yeah?"

"Mer want you." I raise an eyebrow in surprise. 

"Really?" Emily laughs.

"Yes Eliot, really. Don't keep the lady waiting." She shoos me out of the kitchen and I do as I'm told, moving through the house until I get to the living room. 

Meri is slouched back into the sofa, her feet resting up on the table and a bunch of tissues caught in her grasp. She's not sobbing anymore and I take it as a good sign.

"Hey." I whisper softly as I sit down beside her.

She turns her head tiredly to smile at me.

"Hi." 

"How're you feeling?"

"I'm OK. I think I've cried myself out." She laughs a little at the end but it's easy to see she's not amused by it.

I reach over and take one of her hands in mine.

"I'm sorry Meri."

I feel her squeeze my hand as she shakes her head.

"It's not your fault Eliot. I'm glad you told me. I just wish I knew years ago. How could I miss something like this?"

"How could you see it? Meri, you grew up with Jack. You trusted him like your parents trusted him. You couldn't have known he would do this." I tell her sternly.

I don't want her blaming herself for this. It's not her fault that he killed her parents. She couldn't have seen it coming and with Jack practically raising her since she was fifteen, she wouldn't suspect him.

"I know, you're right... I just feel like there was something I could have done. I don't understand why he did it. What reason could he possibly have for murdering them?"

Seeing that she's getting herself worked up again, I scoot closer to her and rub her shoulders comfortingly.

"Meri. Don't do this to yourself. Just take a calm breath."

We sit quietly as Meri calms down until there's a knock at the door.

"I'll get it!" Emily calls out and seconds later she rushes past the living room to get to the door. 

I chuckle at her antics, watching as Chase follows after her a few seconds later at a much slower pace. 

"Are you expecting someone?" Meri asks me frowning slightly as she leans over me to see who's at the door.

"Amber. I called her to check on you."

"Why? I'm fine." I give her a pointed look. Meri pauses before rolling her eyes.

"OK not fine but you know what I mean."

"No, I don't. A lot of things have happened to you over the past few months and I worry it'll take a toll. I want Amber to check you over."

She groans as she falls back into the cushions of the sofa but doesn't object. I guess it's not comfortable having a doctor constantly poking and prodding you when you're pregnant.

"Hi Meredith, how are you?" Amber greets smiling brightly as she enters the room.

Amber has been one of my pack's doctors for ten years now. Her mother was also a pack doctor but once she fully trained Amber, she retired and now tends to the pack house. Amber is a very trusted member of my pack and she's skilled in her career. I couldn't have asked for someone better.

"Physically or emotionally?" Meri asks her with closed eyes.

"Whichever one you want to tell me about."

"Physically I am fine but emotionally is another story."

"Well, I'm sure all those extra hormones are not helping."

"Is it bad that I want to forget I'm pregnant for the day and just sleep for 24 hours?"

Amber laughs as she sits down beside Meri who opens her eyes at the contact.

"Maybe a day of bed rest will do you some good." Amber hints suggestively. 

I watch Meri for her reaction. Since she's been free from the tight grasp of Jack and been able to do what she wants, she's been quite active. She likes to go out shopping with Emily and look at baby stuff. They still have their weekly lunch date together and she enjoys the freedom. I don't know how she'll react to bed rest.

"Hm, I guess it wouldn't hurt." I'm surprised at the words that leave her lips but I'm also relieved. She does need the rest. 

"Well, I'll leave you girls to it. You want some lunch, Meri?"

She immediately smiles up at me almost innocently and I know in that moment that she'll be OK. She's hurting now but she'll get through it with the support of those that care for her. 

Jack doesn't know what he's lost.

[ Hi everyone! So I thought it would be nice to have Eliot's point of view for once. It's just to give you a bit of background on why he was involved with Jack and how he's feeling about the situation and Meredith. I hope you like it and the next update will be soon :) ]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

124 11 10
My name, is May Stone. I'm the only daughter of Jason and Emma Watson Stone, the Beta family of White Fang pack. The one and only pack that belongs t...
104K 3.3K 26
Being a Human and Werewolf is not that hard as it seems. Well, that is what my mother said. My life is not what it seems is not normal is very compl...
2.8K 113 19
Being in love with Felix Valentine felt impossible, he was an alpha and I was a vampire. But according to my parents, anything was possible. So when...
7.8K 397 17
His family had thrown him away as a baby. Packs despised him. Alpha's used him. It wasn't his fault that he didn't shift to a wolf. He had the gene's...