Twisted-NYSM

By hybridbanshee

"The closer you look, the less you see." DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT TAKE CREDIT FOR NOW YOU SEE ME ALL OF THAT GO... More

00
01
02
03
04
05
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
Sequel?
Hi again

06

818 20 13
By hybridbanshee

Harley let out a shaky breath, adrenaline pumping. She was actually about to steal money. Sure, she's pick pocketed, but she's never even been this close to three million euros.

She held her breath as the truck rolled to a bumpy stop. A guard collapsed, making it free to get out of the small compartment.

"Ready?" Daniel asked before all three of them pushed the door opened, Harley the first to get out.

"Woah." She breathed looking at the 3.2 million euros. She looked towards the now open door, revealing Merritt and Jack.

"Don't even think it." Jack warned playfully, causing Harley to throw money at him.

"Shut up." She said before throwing another package of money.

Once the five made sure the fake money was arranged, Danny walked up to Harley, pulling two things out of his pocket. A ticket from their first show and a deuce of hearts with Etienne's signature.

"Well done boys." Harley wrapped her arm around Daniel and Jack, causing them to grin a little bit. "Now let's get home, shall we?"

***

It was only a couple weeks before the show, causing Harley to become anxious. She really wanted to see how this plan would play out.

She was happily watching her television show, before her phone went off.

Not thinking about it, she opened it to see Theo's number. Her face instantly falling, she had thought she had gotten rid of him.

'Hello darling, I see you've changed your number. Smart girl, although still not smart enough.'

Harley bit her lip, staring at the screen.

"You okay sweetie?" Henley asked, causing her to look up at her sister.

"Fine." She answered before looking back the phone.

'New phone. Who dis?'

'Don't play games with me Harleen. Meet me at our restaurant. You know the one.'

Harley sighed, contemplating whether or not to go.

'Come now or else there will be consequences.'

She sighed before looking up at the horsemen. "I'm gonna go out. I'll be back."

"You want me to come with you?" Jack offered but Harley waved him off.

"It's fine." She answered before sprinting out the door.

***

Theo waited for her, already making a reservation.

"Harleen. Hello." He greeted looking her up and down.

"Theo." She answered shortly. "What do you want with me?"

"Dinner, of course. Let's go, my treat." He answered, grabbing her wrist and pulling her inside. "Now about the money-"

"I told you. I payed you the money you asked for. The deal was to leave me alone." Harley answered.

"Yes, well here's your money back." He handed her the money.

"What would you like?" A waitress came and asked them.

"My girlfriend and I would like a water." Theo answered, his eyes not leaving the female magician. The waitress nodded and walked away.

"I'm not your girlfriend." She seethed.

"Would you prefer to be more?" He asked, leaning closer to her.

"I would prefer that you would leave me alone. Go bother someone else." She answered, leaning back.

"Like Henley perhaps? I'm sure she wouldn't mind a bullet in her head." Theo answered darkly.

"You lay a hand on her and I will-" Harley started but stopped when she felt a hand on her shoulder.

"Harley, we need you for rehearsal." Daniel answered, glaring at me.

"She's not going anywhere with you." Theo sneered, standing up.

"As a matter of fact I think she is." Daniel answered before pulling Harley up.

"You leave with him and so help me I will hurt you in ways you cannot imagine." He whispered into her ear.

"You lay a hand on her and I will call the cops." Daniel answered.

Theo glared daggers at Daniel. "I'm sure you'll want to call the cops after you hear her background."

"Sod off." Harley muttered before leaving with Daniel.

Daniel and Harley walked into a crowd, making sure that Theo wasn't following him.

"Are you crazy? What were you thinking?!" Daniel yelled.

"You don't understand. He won't give up until I give him what he wants." Harley muttered, Theo's voice running through her head.

"I will hurt you in ways you cannot imagine."

"Harley! Are you listening to me? He could've taken you." He shouted, towering over her due to his height.

"I can take care of myself. I've been doing it for twenty two years, I can do it now!" Harley yelled back. "I don't need your approval! I don't need anyone's approval. I've been on my own just fine until all of you came into my life. Jack and I were doing fine! Not a care in the world, Theo could only threaten me with pictures! Now? Now I have to worry about the whole team."

"Harley-"

"No! You know what? Maybe I should just go back to Theo, and leave this team. You'll be safer and I don't need to live up to anyone's expectations." She yelled, turning away.

"Harley!" Daniel ran after her, but she sped up. "Harley wait!"

Harley sped up, not thinking about anything but getting away from him. She weaved in and out of the crowd until she found herself all alone.

She started hyperventilating, the world spinning. She couldn't think, she couldn't do anything. She just quit the team, leaving her family.

"Harley." Daniel panted.

"Get away from me you buffoon." She yelled, starting to run again, but tripped. She fell to the ground letting out a few choice words.

Daniel crouched down next to her, "You okay?"

"No!" She yelled, tears streaming down her face. "Just go away. I don't need anyone seeing me cry."

Daniel sighed, checking her now twisted ankle. "You don't need to worry about that."

"Why?" She croaked.

"'Cause I think you look really beautiful when you cry." He answered, looking into her eyes. She stared at him for a moment before looking away.

"That's a pathetic excuse for flirting." She muttered before getting up, wincing in the progress.

Daniel scoffed before starting to pick her up, carrying her back to the apartment.

***
Harley and Daniel entered the room, Daniel still holding the girl. Everyone turned their heads, eyes widening when they saw Harley's pained expression.

"Oh my gosh, Harley what happened? Henley asked.

"I'm fine, it's just a sprained ankle." Harley said as Danny set her down on the couch.

"What did you do?!" Henley asked Daniel.

"Nothing." Danny said, raising his arms in mock surrender.

"We need ice." Henley muttered towards Merritt, who gladly got it.

"Henley, I'm fine. Seriously, I've been through a lot worse." Harley assured. "It's okay."

***

Please vote/comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.8K 338 23
Y/N went to the same coffee shop every day before work, little did she know that she would bump into someone who would change her whole perception in...
1.2K 179 17
take a picture, it will last longer In this fucked up world sometimes the closest people are the farthest away.. I'll one day write a real description
54.3K 1K 16
"you can close your eyes to the things you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel." i suggest you re...
769K 11.8K 94
i wrote this back in 2017. pls ignore any mistakes i was young.