𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐥𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧 𝐏�...

By erubescere

UNDER HEAVY EDITING (Edited chapters will have gifs at the beginning of them to signal that they have been e... More

⎡preface⎦
⎡i; 1⎦
⎡2⎦
⎡3⎦
⎡4⎦
⎡5⎦
⎡6⎦
⎡7⎦
⎡8⎦
⎡9⎦
⎡10⎦
⎡11⎦
⎡12⎦
⎡ii; 13⎦
⎡14⎦
⎡15⎦
⎡16⎦
⎡17⎦
⎡18⎦
⎡19⎦
⎡20⎦
⎡21⎦
⎡22⎦
⎡23⎦
⎡iii; 24⎦
⎡25⎦
⎡26⎦
⎡27⎦
⎡28⎦
⎡29⎦
⎡30⎦
⎡31⎦
⎡32⎦
⎡33⎦
⎡34⎦
⎡35⎦
⎡36⎦
⎡iv; 37⎦
⎡38⎦
⎡39⎦
⎡40⎦
⎡41⎦
⎡42⎦
⎡43⎦
⎡44⎦
⎡45⎦
⎡46⎦
⎡47⎦
⎡48⎦
⎡49⎦
⎡50⎦
⎡51⎦
⎡52⎦
⎡53⎦
⎡54⎦
⎡55⎦
⎡56⎦
⎡57⎦
⎡58⎦
⎡59⎦
⎡60⎦
⎡61⎦
⎡v; 62⎦
⎡64⎦
⎡65⎦
⎡66⎦
⎡67⎦
⎡68⎦
⎡69⎦
⎡70⎦
⎡71⎦
⎡72⎦
⎡vi; 73⎦
⎡74⎦
⎡75⎦
⎡76⎦
⎡77⎦
⎡78⎦
⎡79⎦
⎡80⎦
⎡81⎦
⎡vii; 82⎦
⎡83⎦
⎡84⎦
⎡85⎦
⎡86⎦
⎡87⎦
⎡88⎦
⎡89⎦
⎡90⎦
⎡91⎦
⎡92⎦
⎡93⎦
⎡94⎦
⎡95⎦
⎡96⎦
⎡97⎦
⎡98⎦
⎡viii; 99⎦
⎡100⎦
⎡101⎦
⎡102⎦
⎡103⎦
⎡104⎦
⎡105⎦
⎡106⎦
⎡107⎦
⎡108⎦
⎡bonus chapter; 109⎦
⎡epilogue; 110⎦

⎡63⎦

53.2K 1.2K 2.6K
By erubescere

Hogwarts here I come. It was September 1st and we were going back to another year of Hogwarts. I couldn't wait. I needed this. To be somewhere I love rather than locked up in the headquarters of the Order of the Phoenix. No longer did my window look out to the beautiful garden I was told my mother tended to every other day but rather a view of rooftops of London that had survived wars both from Wizards and Muggles and were old and gray.

I was hopeful for this year. No stone to protect, to large snake petrifying people, no mass breakout in Azkaban, no Tournament. It might be a good year this year. Plus, I'm a Slytherin prefect this year. Oh, who am I kidding? A Wizarding War is looming over our heads threatening to destroy us all. That's what I have been told, however.

I was pushing my trolley with the rest of the Order, through the King's Cross Station. Sirius was in the form of a black dog, walking next to Harry quite happily.

I'm still surprised they let him come. Sirius rushed in front of Harry and down the steps to a tiny waiting area with Harry following quite fast after him. I pushed my cart to the man who was loading the trunks onto the train and pulled out my old sketchbook as well as taking Kronos out of his cage. I heard the train honk. I rushed to my father and threw my arm around him, crushing Krono in the middle.

"Bye Dad. Stay safe."

"You too Hazel."

We pulled apart and I rushed onto the train sitting down next to Hermione, Ron, and an already asleep Harry. I put Kronos down beside me and opened up my sketchbook. I had put the pictures from Cedric's pocket into the sketchbook. Looking at the moving pictures brought tears to my eyes. But I wouldn't dare let them fall. Over the course of this summer, this sketchbook had become less of a sketchbook and more of a journal. A journal where I wrote notes, feelings, letters, everything. It was where I stuck my memories.

. . .

We got off the train as it pulled into the Hogsmeade Station. I walked next to Harry who had his head bowed, thinking. I made it so we walked at the same pace next to each other. Since the time he has been here we had learned that each other's company was suitable enough for the both of us. Then I heard that voice I knew well.

"I'm surprised the Ministry's still letting you walk around free Potter." Here we go again. "Better enjoy it while you can. I expect there's a cell in Azkaban with your name on it." Draco mocked.

Harry was about to go after him but Ron held a grip on his arms keeping him from pouncing. I walked up to Draco, placing my hand on his chest, giving him a slight push, and looked up at him with pleading eyes. He looked back down at me and I could have sworn I saw a flash of guilt pass through his eyes.

"What'd I tell you? Complete nutter." Draco said to those two goons he always hung out with. He pulled away and started walking.

"Just stay away from me!" Harry yelled after him.

"It's only Malfoy. What'd you expect?" Ron said.

Harry pulled out of Ron's grip and kept walking. I walked with him and he seemed to ease a little. We walked a little further until we made it to the carriages. Then there she was, with other Ravenclaw friends, Cho-fricken-Chang. The girl who stole my boyfriend. The boyfriend I loved and lost. Not paying attention to me, she looked a Harry and smiled to fake to be true. What is it with her? Why does she only want the "popular" guys? Harry sorta looked awestruck. I felt someone walk up beside me.

"Hi, guys."

"Hey, Neville." We all said in unison. I turned my head and gave him a side hug. He was holding an odd plant in his hands.

"What is it?" Harry asked, facing the opposite way.

"What's what?" Ron asked as we all turned around.

Right. Harry can see thestrals now.

"That. Pulling the carriage."

"It's-" I wasn't fast enough.

"Nothing's pulling the carriage, Harry. It's pulling itself, like always." Hermione said cutting me off.

Harry walked around the thestral towards the carriage.

"You're not going mad." a dreamy voice said from behind an upside down copy of The Quibbler. The person behind it brought it down so we could all see her face. She had beautiful long and curly dirty blond hair "I can see them too. You're just as sane as I am."

We all piled into the carriage and sat down. Everyone was a bit uncomfortable being around her. I thought she looked nice.

"Everyone, this is Loony Love-" Hermione caught herself and looked around. "Luna Lovegood." There was an awkward silence. "What an interesting necklace."

"It's a charm, actually," Luna said playing with it.

She leaned forwards. "Keeps away the Nargles.

Hungry. I hope there's pudding."

"What's a Nargle?" Ron whispered to me.

"No idea," I replied with a slight smile.

. . .

The carriages pulled into Hogwarts and I got out first, the others following behind. I went to change into my uniform in the bathroom before making my way to the feast. I looked down at my skirt. I must have grown a lot over the summer because my skirt was no longer an inch above my knee. It was extremely high up. Not, so far you could see my bum, but too far for my liking. I knew the girls in my house liked to roll of their skirts and it was typical for the girls to do that but for me to do that? It was a whole different person. I wasn't so sure about having my skirt this high up. Especially now that I'm 15. I sighed and laced up my black boots.

Walking out of the bathroom, I went to the Feast in the Great Hall. Right before I got there I saw Astoria.

"Hazel!" she squealed.

"Hi, Astoria!" I called back. We ran up to each other and hugged. "It's great to see you."

"You too!" We pulled apart. "I see someone is showing a bit more leg, aye?"

"No no. I didn't know I needed to buy new ones!" Astoria gave me a look. "I'm serious!"

"Yeah whatever," she said rolling her eyes. I sighed and together we walked into the Great Hall. Some people were standing in the aisle talking and catching up. All of a sudden, Astoria got an idea.

"Out of the way people! Your Slytherin Princess is coming through!"

I facepalmed as Astoria led me to the Slytherin table. Once we made it to the table I look over my shoulder at the students looking at me.

"What was the for?" I hissed.

"You've been called the Slytherin Princess since you came here. Might as well embrace it." I rolled my eyes and we sat down at the table just as the food appeared at the table. It looked delicious but I wasn't hungry. Putting food on my plate I took my fork and pushed the food around. Suddenly I heard a voice behind me,

"Mind if I join you?"

I turned around. Draco.

"Oh, er- sure I guess," I said. Draco gave me a small smile and slid into the seat next to me. What's going on?

"So how was your summer?" What the hell? Draco hasn't had an actual conversation with me in 2 years.

"It was erm... decent" I said choosing my words carefully. One slip up and I could give away Grimmauld place and the Order. "Your's?"

"Average."

I nodded looking directly into his stormy gray eyes. My stomach began to churn. What is happening?

We didn't talk much after that, not even when the desert came. But when dessert was near an end Dumbledore got up.

"Good evening, children." Everyone turned to look at Dumbledore. "Now, we have two changes in staffing this year. We're pleased to welcome back Professor Grubbly-Plank who'll be taking Care of Magical Creatures while Professor Hagrid is on temporary leave. We also wish to welcome our new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. Professor Dolores Umbridge. And I'm sure you'll all join me in wishing the professor good luck."

I looked at the end of the staff table. To the left of Snape was a woman dressed in all pink with toad-like features.

"Now, as usual, our caretaker, Mr. Filch, has asked me to remind you-"

Umbridge gave a *hem hem* causing Dumbledore to pause and look at her. That was her cue to stand up and slowly walk out from the staff table

"Thank you, headmaster, for those kind words of welcome. And how lovely to see all your bright happy faces smiling up at me." Absolutely no one was smiling.

"I'm sure we're all going to be very good friends," Umbridge said.

I looked at Astoria raising my eyebrows. She shrugged back.

"The Ministry of Magic has always considered the education of young witches and wizards to be of vital importance. Although each headmaster has brought something new to this historic school, progress for the sake of progress must be discouraged. Let us preserve what must be preserved, perfect what can be perfected and prune practices that ought to be prohibited. Hm hm!" She gave that cheeky laugh at the end. There was very little applause after that.

"Thank you, Professor Umbridge. That really was most illuminating. Now as I was saying, Mr. Filch asked me to remind you that magic is forbidden in the corridors.... blah blah blah." It was going to be a long year.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

158K 4.9K 24
The wizards and witches we all know and love are back for their last year in Hogwarts! Hermione starts to receive unexpected love letters from a secr...
559K 6.7K 68
Draco Malfoy love story. Friendship, smut, love, hate, trauma, broken hearts. MATURE CONTENT! 15+ ~ "You make me feel like I'm stuck, Emelia! Like I'...
99 2 13
' 𝙀𝙡𝙞𝙨𝙖'𝙨 𝙡𝙞𝙛𝙚 𝙝𝙖𝙨 𝙖𝙡𝙬𝙖𝙮𝙨 𝙗𝙚𝙚𝙣, 𝙜𝙤𝙤𝙙. 𝙎𝙝𝙚 𝙝𝙖𝙙 𝙖 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙛𝙖𝙢𝙞𝙡𝙮, 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙨𝙞𝙗𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙨...
54K 1.7K 52
𝐇𝐄𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐄; 𝐆𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐤 𝐠𝐨𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐟𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐜, 𝐫𝐮𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐧, 𝐚𝐧𝐝...