PS I Love You

By Jilly_anna

14 year old Quinn Finley hasn't had the best life so far. At just age 12 her father was sent to prison for m... More

[Chapter Two] New Places, New Faces.
[Chapter 3] Explainations

[Chapter 1] Highschol

58 2 8
By Jilly_anna

I thought of this story in fifth grade, and I'm finally getting around to writing it now in eight grade. In fifth grade I didn't have a lot of friends and writing was my outlet. I have developed the story over time, but mostly the main plot is the same. I'm going to try to make the chapters long and update once a week.

- - -
Monday

"Hello, my name is Quinn Finely. I am 14 years old and my favorite hobby is writing. I have no pets or siblings and I live at home with my mom." I said to a classroom of freshman. I looked to the back to see to girls snickering at me. I took a deep breathe in and slowly aloud my self to exhale keeping in all my anger. The well dressed girls giggled and one stood up.

"Hi, I'm Blake. I'm 15 years old and I'm an actress." I grunted to myself at that statement. "I live with my mom and dad." She made sure to emphasize the dad part and look at me. "And yeah! That's about it." She sat down fixing her light blue skirt as she crossed her legs. Everyone in our class continued saying things about themselves. I sat there and twiddled my thumbs waiting for class to be over. Once the bell rang I ran out of class quickly and got on the bus. The bus ride was about 10 minutes and I was the second stop.

Getting off my stop was horrible. The rain pelted against my skin. It was coming off hard and was rough. The raindrops ran down my face, and rain penetrated my clothing and book bag. I arrived at home to find my sleeping mother on the coach. Ellen was on the T.V which made me snicker. I slid off my shoes quietly and walked down the hall into my room. Pulling the cover down from my freshly made bed, I sat in it and began to scroll through my phone.

'Living the life!' Blake posted on her Twitter with a photo of her and her boyfriend Wes cuddling on the coach. Completely revolted by that I kept scrolling.

I later switch to Instagram, which isn't my favorite app, then to snapchat. I got a notification from my best friend Paisley.

Paisley was a gorgeous tiny thing. She had pin straight hair that reach her waist and her eyes were the color of an ocean. They glistened and sparkled, just as the ocean.

I opened up the snap that was a pick of her in her car with the caption 'guess where I'm going.'

I replied back with a pic of me looking off into the distance like I didn't care and captioned it with, 'A date with Gale?' Gale was her crush and I guess they were kinda a thing. I mean they flirted and talked, but neither of them have really been on a date together.

I get another notification. I open the snap and I here a knock on my door. Looking down at my phone I see a pick of Paisley pretending to knock on the door. I giggled and ran to the door and let her in.

A huge smile plastered on her face as I let her in. "Drama alert, go-go-go." She said shoeing me to my room.

I rolled my eyes, but I can't say I wasn't intrigued. We sat on my bed, I felt it dip down and the mattress mend around our bodies.

"So you know the group of friends that hang around Blake. 'The alpha female,' as you call her." Paisley mumbled. "Anyways, you know how she was dat-"

"Did you just say 'was' like past tense." I felt my stomach swirl in excitement being I kinda had a teensy-weensy crush on him. It wasn't an obsessive one, he was just nice to look at, you know?

"Well,yeah. They broke up, but do you know why." Her eyebrows went up and down giving me an evil smirk.

"Whyyyyyyy." I said in a sarcastic tone.

"She was being really rude to his little sister, and it just made him really upset. She's so mean."

"If I had a sibling with disabilities and I heard someone talking about her as if she is a lower person, gosh I just can't stand those girls. They just think they are so much better then everyone else." I said as I rolled my bottom lip into my mouth and I sighed with anger.

"They frustrate me too." She mumbled.

We sat there for a long time not speaking going on our phones, and doing our own thing. That's what we usually do. I heard Paisley giggle, and I looked over her shoulder to see her texting Gale.

"Ooooooh Paisley has a boyfriend, Paisley has a boyfriend." I sang.

"Shut up." She exhaled.

"You wish though." I giggled.

"I do actually." Her already red cheeks became more red as she smiled even more.

Silence took over us again for another couple hours

~ ~ ~

I woke up to find Paisley laying next to me.

"Paisley,waisley. Wakey-wakey!"
I sang.

She let out a loud drawn out sigh. "Five more minutes."

I giggled. "Gale texted you!"

She popped out of bed and scrambled to her phone. A huge grin slid up her face.

My door slowly opened, to show a tall silhouette.

"Hey Q," the light of my windows reached her face so I could see she wasn't in a great mood.

"Hi mom." Paisley and I said in unison.

That made my mom chuckle. "I didn't know you were here Paisley." She said, her smile dropped to a flat line.

"Mom? Is everything ok, have you taken your medicine yet?" My mom has very bad bipolar and medicine can barely keep her in check. She was fine until my dad went to prison. "Oh no. I forgot to write my letter to dad." I furrowed my eyebrows into my face.

"It's ok Q, one letter missing isn't going to scare him, and like I told you. He doesn't get his letters till the end of the week. If you want just put two in the mail tonight." Her lips tugged into a small delicate smile. I felt if I spoke one more word it would fall and break into a million pieces.

"Paisley, I really need to speak to Q. Do you mind if I drop you off?" My mom said. Her smile was now fidgeting and I could tell something was wrong.

"Uh, yeah. I actually should leave now if I want to get to my bus stop in time." She gave a small sigh.

"What about me?" I wondered about if she was going to take me to school.

"You are going into school a little later today." Her small smile was so fake at this point. Her eyes were dull and it looked like she had hundreds of weight in her shoulders.

"Ok, let's get going." I got up and didn't even bother fixing my hair. I just put on a comfy romper and left the room. Paisley just stole one of my dresses and followed behind me.

~ ~ ~

Overall he ride to her house was only a couple minutes and the ride was silent, you could have heard a pin drop. We dropped paisley off and I see her look at the bus parked in the front of her house with big eyes. She ran up to it and started talking to the lady and ran back into her house. The bus wasn't moving anytime soon so we left.

The car was filled with silence. I felt so many questions filling up my head. I thought my brain was going to swell up and I was going to die.

My mom parked in a parking lot at a park. (That was a mouth full). "Let's go sit at a bench." The smile she attempted to achieve was a fail. I could see the sadness in her eyes and it just broke my heart.

"Ok." I said so quietly, it could have been considered a whisper.

We walked over to a park bench and sat on it. The trees swayed and the sky was gloomy. Everything around us just felt so blank and lifeless.

"Honey." She said with water filling her eyes.

My breathing hitched and I was expecting the worst. I shook my head, gesturing for her to keep talking.

"I'm going to go to a type of hospital, for mental problems."

"That's a good thing, isn't it?" I said with a half hearted smile.

"It will be a good thing."

"Huh?"

"Q, I'm sorry. I need to go so I can get better and raise you."

"Well where am I going to go. Am I living at Paisleys?" What smile the was left on my face completely disappeared when her eyes glistened in forgiveness.

"I have to go to Rhode Island." Her watery eyes just opened and water poured out of them. Tears trickled down her face.

We lived in Delaware and if you don't know, that's a pretty long car drive up there. "What about Paisley. Will I have to make new friends up there?"

"No, your staying in Delaware. Your going to be fostered."

My face burned, my emotions were all jumbled up. Everything was making me dizzy. It felt like my world had just crashed around me. I was spinning in circles and I felt so nauseous. I didn't cry, I didn't speak, I didn't even breathe. I took in a deep breath in, and felt my body tremble. Everything just hit me all at once. All the hope I had for getting my father out of prison and having a happy family eventually just had been thrown in the trash. I wasn't going to have a mom, or my dad back. I didn't know how long it was going to take for my mom to heal.

My mom placed a small kiss on my fore head and sighed. "It's for the best." I cuddled up into her and put my face in the crook of her neck. I felt the vibration in my ears as she spoke "I'm leaving tonight."

No tears found their way to my eyes. My emotions were so confusing, I just sat there blankly. I tried to scream and nothing happened. I tried to weep and only a week sigh escaped from my mouth. I tried to imagine a happy family.

My head was fluttered with thoughts and it felt like my emotions were trying to play bumper cars in my head. Everything good in my life just left.

Then it hit me. My muscles relaxed and I felt everything giving up. Tears fell down the sides of my face, curving down my cheeks a dripping of my chin. "Mom."

"Yeah?"

"We are going to be ok."

That's wasn't true. We were never going to be ok. Nothing ever was going to be the same.

- - -

I'm not very proud of this chapter and its not as long as I wanted to make it, but I felt like this would be the best way to end it off.

Make sure to vote and comment if you liked it!

-Jilly💋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4M 245K 188
Now available in paperback on Amazon! Though the last chapter is read that doesn't mean the story is over. One shots for A Secret Service including...
931K 82.8K 38
๐™๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™– ๐™ ๐™–๐™ง ๐™™๐™–๐™ก๐™– , ๐™ˆ๐™–๐™ง ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฉ ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ƒ๐™ค ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž...... โ™ก ๐™๐™€๐™๐™„ ๐˜ฟ๐™€๐™€๐™’๐˜ผ๐™‰๐™„ โ™ก Shashwat Rajva...
44.4K 989 52
not you're average mafia brothers and sister story.. This is the story of Natasha Clark, an assassin, mafia boss, and most of all the long lost siste...
37.8K 2.7K 23
|ongoing| Ivana grew up alone. She was alone since the day she was born and she was sure she would also die alone. Without anyone by her side she str...