Everything Has Changed

By jazarah

Their friendship was like a song. One you heard for the first time years ago but never forgot the lyrics to... More

1. Wayyy Back
2. Catching Up
3. Thinking About You
3.5. Calling...
4. Eighteen Hours Ago
5. Knowing You Better
6. Making Up For Lost Time
6.5. Taking-Flight
7. Butterflies
7.5 I've Missed You.
8. Meet Me There
9. Regret
9.5 Lingerings
11. Her Break Down
12. You Held The Door
13. Take Them Down
14. Open The Door
15. You'll Be Mine
16. I'll Be Yours
Epilogue
You.

10. Missing My Bestfriend

378 21 12
By jazarah

Chapter 10

All I know since yesterday everything has changed.

Bruno's POV

Calling her for what seems like the millionth time yields no result. I set my phone down on my nightstand and lay back down on my bed. Laylani has been in my life almost as far back as I can remember. Loosing her after moving to LA and getting deeper into the music business was something that took me some time to get over, I always hoped and somehow I knew I would see her again. Now that's she's back in my life, I can't imagine much of anything without her. Reconnecting with her has been nothing short of a blast from the past. We were back to talking everyday and seeing each other as often as our jobs and activities would allow; just catching up has made me more sure of our friendship but I had never given much thought to what it would be life if we were a couple. Now that I have and after what we shared. All I want is to be with her. I close my eyes. 

The look in her green eyes affirmed the lust and desire that was already building inside of me. I knew that I should have left, I knew that it was wrong but needed to know if what I was feeling was real. The feeling of her lips on mine rendered me motionless. Her pulling at me, urging me closer called my hands to her body where my eyes had been drawn all night. My fingertips grazed the smooth dark fabric of her cocktail dress and I could feel heat radiating through her clothing. I accepted her kiss returning it with one of my own, pulling her closer. I couldn't resist the feeling anymore; I had to know. She was ready and so was I.

She fit perfectly against me; her curves fit the spaces between mine like clasped hands. I gently pressed my tongue past her lips, exploring her mouth; her tongue met mine prodding it firmly. I moved closer. My body hummed with excitement as she broke our kiss, leaning her head back as she planted her hands at the back of my neck and on my shoulders. I wanted her against me again. I pulled her hips to mine and left kisses on her neck, along her collar bones and her chest. My hands moved along her thighs, her skin was like freshly settled smooth sand to the callouses on my fingertips. Sliding my hands up her thighs underneath her dress I massaged her legs. Gasps escaped her lips, her breathing becoming jagged. Continuing made way to more audible gasps each time. I reached for the the zipper. I eased it further down and returned my hands to her thighs; grasping them firmly I put her legs up to my waist as I continued to kiss her. She responded only by kissing me back as she merely ignored the presence of her legs around me. Smoothing my hands over them again she shifted locking her legs behind me. I stepped towards her bedroom.

Things moved quickly for a few minutes but once her dress, my shirt and pants were on the floor everything slowed down. I glanced at her left side where two hibiscus flowers, one red one yellow, reside. "Hibiscus flowers huh? Nice." She simply smiles. She then pursed her lips.

"Can we make love, like way back in the day love?" She asked me as she ran her fingertips along my clavicles; her eyes followed. She looked up at me, her eyes were soft.

"We will lose control," I sang softly.

"Baby don't say no," she replied with her voice entwined in the melody. 

"Heaven only knows," I said finishing the lyric. She smiled. With the two of us kneeling on the bed she had her arms around my neck as her hips pushed against mine. She moved close then away, the fabric of our underwear barely grazed each other but it was almost enough, I felt my temperature rise. I grasped her hips attempting to bring her close but she continued her charade. I felt my heart rate in my ears with my chest pressed against hers. She began body rolling against me and I couldn't hold it in anymore; my head rolled back and my eyes followed.

"Damn," I moaned. "Rosi, please." I groaned once more. She stopped and looked at me her head tilted on one side her brown and blonde curls spilled over one shoulder. 

 I wanted her right then.

I slipped one strap of her bra down her shoulder; she undid the back and it fell away. She smiles at me, her lips curled up into a teasing smirk. I put my lips to her neck leaving feather like kisses. Her scent invaded my scenes. "Let me take care of you..." I breathed to her skin. I crawled in over her and she laid down her hair puddled on to the pillow below. It was like the room was spinning and we were all that was still.

My eyes wandered over her, she was beautiful; just as I knew she would be. I ran my hands along her chest, cupping her right breast in my hand as I looked into her eyes. As I ran my thumb over the swell, her pupils dilated, abs clenching slightly as a shudder of pleasure escaped her lips. I leaned over for a kiss. My hands explored her bare body but soon I couldn't hold back anymore. I glanced down at her underwear then back into her eyes.

"Do it," She said her tone almost demanding. Then her voice softened. "I want you...I need you." She made eye contact not looking away for a second. Spreading her legs I pushed my hips forward to meet hers; she inhaled quick. I continued and she shuddered her nails digging into the flesh of my back. She breathed my name between moans. She arched her back her stomach rose and fell quickly as she continued to moan beneath me. Then suddenly her grip grew stronger. 

With the scent of lavender I felt the strength of her hands on my back, fingertips digging in to my skin as her head fell back. Her eyes followed suit and her flexed abs lost their tension she exhaled.

"Bruno..."

Her strength dwindled as her chest rose filling her lungs with air, releasing it softly over and over. Her eyes opened halfway, their jade color faded into brown peeking through her light caramel lids. She smiled lovingly, her fingertips entangled in the curls along my hairline at the nape of my neck. She pulled me forward slowly and my forehead touched hers. I felt her breath on my cheeks as her eyelashes brushed my face. She moved her chin forward. I waited. She kissed me slowly; prolonging the contact of our lips, she moved hers over mine as I drank her scent in through my skin. In that moment I felt our souls become one, tightly laced together; one soul in two bodies.

"Rosi,"I sighed; she put her hand on my cheek. She sighs.

"I know Bru." I laid down beside her, she put her head on my chest and I kissed her forehead. With the warmth we shared we fell asleep to the sound of each other's heartbeats.

I've never loved like this. 

______

I don't even want to begin to think of how she feels right now. How confused she is; how confused I made her. I just want her to talk to me, to comfort her like I used to.

Remembering the night of her first break-up requires no effort; It's a night that is tattooed to the walls of my mind and burned in to my memory. Something just seemed off about her, she had never acted that way before. That day, she told me she was busy after school, that she couldn't hang out; this wasn't normal. Something was different but I put it out of my mind, with one of dad's shows coming up I was thinking about what MJ songs I should perform.

That same night, I laid awake. I couldn't sleep I kept thinking about her and why she acted that way. I knew something happened, not exactly what but something. Something that upset her. We always hung out after school. Either that or she was with David.

David.

He was what changed. He wasn't with her at all that day, not even in the morning or after school.

He dumped her.

At that moment I got out of bed, putting on a hoodie as I stood. How could I not notice? How? I'm supposed to be there for her. I grabbed my ukulele from my side table, pushed on my converse and ran to her house.

Looking up, I saw just what I knew I would. It was almost two a.m.;she was still awake and her lights were on. I pulled the thin strap of my ukulele on my back before I took to the wooden siding of her house covered in creamy white trellising flowers. Placing my feet carefully I climbed to her window.

She sat on her bed, her chocolate brown teddy bear in her arms. Her sketch book discarded peeking out of her trash can, crumpled pieces of paper were strewn all over the floor. Just as I raised my hand to knock. She turned towards the window. Hidden out of her line of sight, I watched. She sobbed softly, quiet cries came afterwards followed by tears sneaking down her cheeks. Her cheeks were red as well as her eyes as she bit her lower lip. She buried her face in the bear and that's when I decided to knock. As I did the window opened slightly with a soft creaking noise. She looked at me more tears falling from her eyes.

I climbed in, setting my palm on her table to get in silently and safely. Kicking off my Converse I walked to her and sat down beside her. At the time I was pissed at myself for not prodding, neglecting to ask her if there was anything wrong. I put my arms around her and she ditched the bear, burring her face in my chest. My hoodie muffled her cries but my body shook with hers each time she breathed. It was a long time before she stopped. Her sniffles signaled the end of the tears and I wiped the last ones away with my thumb. 

I didn't like it when she cried. I rarely ever happened but when it did, I felt like I had to be there for her. That I was a bad friend if I wasn't like I was mandated to be by her side. 

With my back propped up against the headboard of the bed she laid her head on my shoulder. I took my ukulele and began to play, strumming softly. I played one of the songs she would sing all the time. As I sang, she moved closer to me her eyelids starting to flutter. She rolled over on her side and took a handful of my hood as her eyes closed. Stained with tears her face grew calm. Her breathing was soft as her body accepted each breath. I finished playing, set my ukulele on her side table and turned off the lamp. I kissed her forehead, a slight smile gracing her lips in deep sleep. Watching her sleep made my eyelids grow heavy. The moonlight streaked through the window, glow in the dark galaxy star stickers dotted the ceiling. The rocking of the ocean and the plastic galaxy drew the bridge of my eyelids. I fell asleep next to her. 

_____

L.P.O.V. 

Laying in the warm solace of my blankets, warmed with a mug of hot chocolate, my iPod and my headphones old tears stain my cheeks. The music flowing from my headphones fails its attempt to alter my mood letting the memories continue their flow.  

Bruno was performing with his uncle at one of his family shows. He had asked if I could  come to one of the shows because he was due to perform a song off of MJ's new album at the time, the 'Invincible'. When it came time to perform he told all my friends including me about the performance and said that we should come. I really wanted to go to support him but, I had to babysit after school all most through the night. I apologized saying that I wouldn't be able to make it. He kept trying but I told him it was a no-can-do.

The night came, I was so excited for him. I had to find a way to get there. I begged Trev to take over my babysitting duties in exchange for doing his laundry for nearly month, which I knew would be a pain but a needed one. I took one of the quickest showers of my life, rushed through my make-up routine and threw on my sleeveless orange mini sundress. I straightened my bangs and applied gel to my wet hair, banking on it drying on the way over. I grabbed my brown sandals and ran out the door, running along the sand until I could cut between buildings and sneak in to the back room of the club. Bru and his good friend Ryan walked out on stage. 

"Oh man! Uh, look at that girl right there, goodness gracious! Uh, that girl fine man, look at that gi- oh she's too fine she know she fine too!"

"She is bangin'," Bru said back watching the imaginary girl. I watched him in his baggy jeans, big tee and obnoxious fro. His brown eyes scanned the the crowd  and met mine; I grinned and gave him a quick thumbs up. 

"Ooo, she's off the hook!" 

"She looks good," he lifted his head to me and laughed. I returned his look. "You're right." 

"Uh, uh, uh, uh, uh! Hey I bet you ain't nobody can get that girl," Ryan said. 

"Ry, I can get her." he say giving him a sideways glance. The crowd giggled. 

"You can't get that girl B, I guarantee you can't get that girl." 

"Watch me get that girl." he urges him. 

"I bet you never Neverland you can't." He said looking at Bru in unbelief. 

"I can get her." 

"Alright, chamon then, chamon!"

"Watch." Ry walks off back stage and Bru is  handed a mic as two people come to take the bench off the stage. I laughed along with the crowd and as the beat drops I nods to it. B walked back and forth across the stage getting people to raise their hands. "Let me get some snaps!" His voice engaged the entire crowd. That night after the performance, I stayed and waited for the band to pack up and close the building. I sat on a bench just out side of the building and waited. As Bruno walked out of the building headed for his uncle's van, I called out to him. 

"Bruno!" He whipped his head around and squinted in the dark. 

"Rosi?" I stepped out into the light and he walked  over. "You came! I thought you had something to do." he smiled. 

"I did, I had to convince and bribe Trev to cover for me. It was no easy task." I giggled.

"Ha! I bet it wasn't, I'm happy you came; I knew you would like the performance." He looks around in the dim street lap light. "Need a ride? My uncle has room in the van." 

"Yeah, I'd like that." 

____

"And this last right," Bruno said as his uncle came to my street. "You can drop us off here, I'm gonna walk her up." 

"Alright Bruno, aloha Laylani." He said Hawaii tied into his speech. He smiled brightly and gave Bruno a sideways glance.

"Mahalo." I replied sweetly as I stepped out of the car. We started down the street. 

"You were really, good Bruno. The show was great!" 

"I knew you liked that song and that you'd get a kick out of the recreation." 

"I did. Ry was good too, his facial expressions were priceless." Bruno grinned. 

"I know. I told him to over sell it and he went in."

As we drew nearer to my house, the pace of our steps gradually slowed. The ambiance of the topical night wrapped its arms around us; the soft crash of the waves against the shore, the calm breeze and balmy temperature made me want to stay outside all night. After walking in silence for a while Bruno spoke up. 

"That dress," he paused and his next step stalled a bit drawing my eyes to him. "It looks really good on you."

"Thanks," I said shyly guiding my bangs out of my face. When we reached my house, the two of us walked up the short flight of steps. 

"Thanks for coming Rosi, I can only imagine what you have to do for Trev to pay him back."

"Don't worry about it, I'll find a way. Of course I came to your show, don't I always?"

"Yeah," He ran his hand over his mop of curls. "you do, you really do. You haven't missed one yet."

"And I don't ever plan on missing one." With that he smiled brightly and both of his deep dimples showed. He opened his arms and wrapped them around my waist as I did the same around his neck. He rested his head over my shoulder; for a moment I could have sworn the pace of his heartbeats matched. As he stepped away he kissed my cheek mere centimeters from my lips.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

246 27 22
In the silent world of a reserved boy, a cheerful, famous girl shone like an unreachable star. His unspoken love for her was a beautiful dream, yet u...
708 31 7
Fall in love with a writer and you are instantly immortalized in her work, in her mind, and in her heart. Memories of you will never die as it will b...
14.6K 514 10
𝘈 π˜—π˜Άπ˜΄π˜΄ π˜ͺ𝘯 π˜‰π˜°π˜°π˜΅π˜΄: π˜›π˜©π˜¦ π˜“π˜’π˜΄π˜΅ 𝘞π˜ͺ𝘴𝘩 𝘧𝘒𝘯𝘧π˜ͺ𝘀𝘡π˜ͺ𝘰𝘯 [Completed] ➝ You, aka [Name], were the daughter of one of the twelve danc...
1.8K 399 24
Sometimes love doesn't come when we expect them to, and sometimes it does come when we expect them. Marks life suddenly became difficult and miserabl...