Death Note One-Shots

By Unlucky_Charm

A bunch of one-shots about different Death Note characters. Leave me requests if you want a certain character... More

Call Me Ryuzaki - L X Reader
Eyes of the Reaper - Light X Reader
Nightmares - L X Reader
His Goddess - Light X Reader
I Hate You Too [Part 1] - Near X Reader
Your Light - Light X Scared! Reader
Anger - Mello X Reader
I Hate You Too [Part 2] - Near X Reader
I Hate You Too [Part 3] - Near X Reader
On The Other Side - Mello X Reader
REQUESTS
Frustration - Protective! L X Reader
Fighting For Your Love [Part 1] - Jealous! Matt X Reader X Jealous! Mello
Paper-Cut - Jealous! L X Reader
Puzzle - Child! Near X Child! Reader
For The Rest Of Your Life - Friend! Rem X Reader [AU]
Fighting For Your Love [Part 2] - Matt X Reader
I'm Here - Protective! Near X Reader
Fighting For Your Love [Part 3] - Mello X Reader
Unfortunately - L X Reader
Don't Leave - Jealous! Near X Reader
Runaway - Jealous! Mello X Reader
Birthday Gift - Near X Annoying! Reader [Lime]
Promise - Near X Vampire! Reader
I'M SORRY/REQUESTS ARE CLOSED
Our Little Secret - Misa X Reader (Female)

Sweet - Vampire! L X Reader

12K 286 170
By Unlucky_Charm

Sweet - Vampire! L X Reader

You were working at L's headquarters. Again. At night. Again.

You always seemed to be there at night. You preferred it at the headquarters in the night because there was usually no one else there. Even L wasn't there at night, which was actually rather strange since you had heard he had insomnia and didn't sleep, so where would he be at night? But that wasn't your business, so you didn't ask.

You were working at the desk, doing something on the computer when the door opened. You spun around in surprise - you hadn't been expecting anyone to show up until morning. Standing in the doorway, black hair falling over his shadowed eyes, was L. He had a smudge of dark red below his lip, and you assumed it must be jam or something sugary like that. He looked shocked to see you, and you realised that he probably didn't know that you were halfway to being nocturnal. You tended to work well into the night and sleep through most of the morning.

"I hadn't expected to see you here, (F/N)," L said. "I thought you'd be asleep."

You shook your head. "I work here every night, Ryuzaki," you told him, using the name he had asked you and the rest of the task force to call him. "I thought you might have known, but perhaps not. I find it difficult to get to sleep any earlier than midnight. It's like my body thinks the night begins at two in the morning or something," you added with a small smile.

He came to sit down in a wheelie chair next to you. "Have you found anything new?"

"No, not yet. I'm not sure there is anything new to find. But maybe soon." You turned to look at him. "You have something red by your mouth, you know. It looks like jam." You grinned. "Been midnight snacking, maybe?" His eyes widened, and he wiped the smudge away without answering you.

The two of you sat in silence for a while. L started working on the computer next to you, and he didn't try to talk to you. You were happy with the quiet, peaceful atmosphere.

"I'm tired," you yawned suddenly. "I think I need to go get some sleep."

"Okay." L nodded, but didn't look at you. His eyes were glued to the computer screen.

"Aw, come on, don't I get a hug? No one's given me a hug for too long," you complained. You threw your arms around him before he could reply, and after a small noise of protest, he reluctantly hugged you back. You were a little startled, since L didn't normally hug you back whenever you tried to hug him. You didn't think he was comfortable with being so close to another person - or maybe he just wasn't used to it.

"You smell nice, (F/N)," L murmured suddenly. "You smell sweet."

You were surprised at the sudden, slightly strange compliment. "Uh, thanks, I guess."

You were even more surprised when you felt his mouth brush your neck. "So sweet..." His voice was barely more than a whisper. You felt his teeth graze the skin of your neck, sending electric sparks shooting through your body. You had long since stopped inwardly denying your attraction to L, but as much as you liked him, you couldn't help but be a little worried by his current, very uncharacteristic actions.

Ignoring the electric sparks that made you want to forget everything and just melt into his arms, you asked, "What...what are you doing, Ryuzaki?"

He kissed your neck gently. "Why does your blood smell so sweet, (F/N)?" he asked slowly.

"My...my blood?" you pulled away, staring at him in shock. "L, what the hell are you playing at?"

He blinked at you with those dark eyes, and then frowned. "I'm sorry." He seemed to have composed himself, and stood up from his chair, taking a few paces away from you. "I would advise that you stay away from me for the rest of the night, (F/N)," he said. "Get some sleep. I will remain here."

You looked curiously at him. "Is something wrong?"

He shook his head, black hair falling over his eyes. "No."

It was then that you noticed something odd about his eyes. Normally they were a dark grey colour, underlined with shadows - but this time there was a thin ring of dark red around the outside of his irises. Confused, you asked, "Are you wearing contacts?" It was the only logical explanation, unless you were seeing things.

"No," he replied.

He didn't say anything else, so you took a step closer to him. "Something's wrong," you said. "Don't hide it from me, L. What's bothering you?" You reached out your hand, moving his hair away from his eyes so you could see them better. The ring of red was definitely there - you weren't seeing things. "What happened to your eyes?"

He reached out and gripped your wrist suddenly, faster than you'd seen him move before. Slowly, he turned your wrist over, lifting his other hand and running his index finger along where your veins showed. Something flashed in his eyes, and a mixture of emotions whirled in them. He looked up at you. "You smell sweet," he said, repeating his earlier words.

You frowned. "Are you all right?"

He leaned towards you, and for a moment you thought he was about to kiss you. Not that you really would have minded that, considering the way you felt about him. But instead, he tilted his head and pressed his mouth to your neck like he had done before. You flinched as he kissed your skin softly, before opening his mouth and allowing his teeth to touch your neck. Two sharp points pressed into your skin, and your eyes widened in surprise. A thought crossed your mind - vampire? - but you pushed it away. He couldn't be a vampire. He was L, not to mention vampires didn't exist. Clearly you had been reading too many fictional books about supernatural creatures.

Except apparently you were wrong, because in the next second, the two sharp points you had felt pierced the skin of your neck, sinking into your flesh. You gasped at the sudden sharp pain. How could L's teeth be that sharp? Of course, the answer was simple, but one you didn't want to believe - he had fangs. Vampire fangs, sharper than needle-points.

The bite wasn't exactly painful, although it ached a little. You started to feel faint from sudden blood-loss - and then you were lying on the floor, unsure of how you got there. L was staring down at you, blood on his lips and his eyes wider than you had ever seen them. He looked shocked, though really it should be you who was shocked. Except, you didn't really have time to consider how you felt - because you blacked out.

When you woke, L was standing over you and you were lying on the sofa in the same room - L must have moved you off of the floor. Wondering how long you'd been out, you tried to push yourself up into a sitting position. It took a lot of willpower, since your arms trembled as you pushed yourself up. Your head spun a little, and you reached up tentatively to tough the two small puncture marks on your neck. "That's going to look like either a weird hickey or a snake bite," you said, looking up at L and trying to conceal your fear and nervousness. "Now I'm going to have to wear my hair down to cover it."

"I'm sorry, (F/N)," L said, after a moment. "You shouldn't have found out what I am in that way. You shouldn't have found out at all. I didn't want to hurt you."

"What...what are you?" you asked. "What happened to you? Were you always so...fixated by blood and scents? Because if you were, I never noticed before."

"I'm a vampire, (F/N)," he said softly, and you closed your eyes, scarcely believing this was real. "I've been like this for a few months now. I don't really remember what happened to change me, only that I woke one day with a strange yearning for blood, and fangs."

"Why didn't you tell me you were a...a vampire?" you asked, scarcely believing this was real. "Is this a dream?"

"You're not dreaming, (F/N), I promise. I am sorry if you're frightened."

"Why did you bite me? You're not planning to kill me or anything, are you?"

"No. I never meant to...bite you. But you smelled sweet, and you got too close to me. I couldn't resist you."

"I don't know whether I should be annoyed or flattered," you said. "Both, I suppose." You gripped hold of the nearest chair for support, using it to pull yourself to your feet. "I think I need to sit down," you said as soon as you were standing, and fell back, into the chair.

L sat down in the chair next to you, bringing his knees up to his chest as he usually did. "I am sorry, (F/N)," he murmured. "Perhaps I should have told you, rather than let you find out like that."

"Yeah," you replied. "I didn't really appreciate being bitten, you know." When he didn't answer, you added, "It's not...too much of a big deal. Everyone makes mistakes, or loses control at some point in their life. It's just...it'll take me a while to get used to this, I guess - you being a fanged creature of the night."

He nodded. "You won't tell the task force?"

"Only as long as you promise not to eat them," you said solemnly. He gave you a look that told you he was definitely not amused. "Of course I won't tell them," you amended. "But...maybe you should."

He sighed. "If I do, I'll wait until after the Kira case," he said. "Telling them now will only distract them."

"Always the logical thinker." You smiled at him. "Well, I guess I'd better get some sleep while I let my body recover from...you know, sudden blood loss."

He turned to the computer. "I'm sorry, (F/N)."

"You don't have to keep apologising," you answered. "It's all right. It's just a lot to take in, that's all - I feel a little overwhelmed at the moment. I never expected...I mean, I know you're very pale and you're not like other people, but I could never have considered linking that to being a vampire."

"I have always been paler than most," L told me. "As for my abnormalities, well...Watari can tell you I've never been quite like others. Becoming a vampire has not affected me in any way other than giving me a desire for blood."

"Does Watari know?" I asked. "That you're..."

L nodded. "He has known ever since it happened. It is Watari who brings me animal blood every night, so I am able to resist human blood. Unfortunately the temptation is difficult to resist when it's very close to you, as you discovered." He sighed. "I'm-"

"Don't," you said. "Don't say you're sorry again. I've forgiven you, Ryuzaki."

He frowned at the floor. "If you wish to leave the task force, I would understand."

"I'm not leaving the task force," you said firmly. "I'm not leaving you. I'm here for you, okay?" When he didn't look at you, you said, "Ryuzaki." You paused. "L."

He looked at you. "I'm here for you," you repeated gently. "I'll always be here. I'll help you get through this, all right?"

His dark eyes widened. "I would not expect you to want to help-"

"But I do want to, and I will," you said. "I promise, Ryuzaki."

He half-closed his eyes, and then, after a moment's hesitation, he laid his hand awkwardly across yours. "You are a very sweet person, (F/N). Thank you."  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

245K 2.5K 104
This is just something I wanted to make because I love Danganronpa so much. Feel free to request anything and everything. I accept: -Character (mal...
124K 2.5K 23
Death Note imagines and one shots. Original writings by me. I do not own any characters all rights go to the creators of Death Note. [ REQUESTS CLOS...
47.4K 889 200
Another book about Mello from Death Note. Why am I so obsessed with this chocolate whore? I need help! Anyway, more fluff/smut/random weirdness and f...
153K 1.8K 42
Book of oneshots about all sorts of anime and manga characters. Boys and girls. All of 'em. I take requests too. Just PM me or leave it in the comm...