| Inked | (George Weasley)

By Jamie_writes_

Olive Lark was the most introverted and shy person you'd meet at Hogwarts. With a rather heavy addiction to w... More

• Playlist •
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One
Chapter Seventy-Two
Chapter Seventy-Three
Chapter Seventy-Four
Chapter Seventy-Five
Chapter Seventy-Six
Chapter Seventy-Seven
Chapter Seventy-Eight
Chapter Seventy-Nine
Chapter Eighty
Chapter Eighty-One
Chapter Eighty-Two
Chapter Eighty-Three
Chapter Eighty-Four
Chapter Eighty-Five
Chapter Eighty-Six
Chapter Eighty-Seven
Chapter Eighty-Eight
Chapter Eighty-Nine
Chapter Ninety
Chapter Ninety-One
Chapter Ninety-Two
Chapter Ninety-Three
Chapter Ninety-Four
Chapter Ninety-Five
Chapter Ninety-Six
Chapter Ninety-Seven
Chapter Ninety-Eight
Chapter Ninety-Nine
Chapter One Hundred
Chapter One Hundred One
Chapter One Hundred Two
Chapter One Hundred Three
Chapter One Hundred Four

Chapter Fifteen

35.9K 1.2K 599
By Jamie_writes_

The Holidays seemed to come around quicker than anyone expected. The snow had already started to fall the first of November, but that was only the sign of an early winter.

Missy Lark had wrote to Olive just a week before the girl was going to head home on the train- telling her to stay at Hogwarts this year, something from work has come up. Of course, Ollie wasn't sad or upset, because Missy was doing everything she could to support herself and her younger sister.

The only thing that would have made Ollie's Christmas as Hogwarts better, was if her friends stayed along as well. Cho lived furthest away from Hogwarts than cousin Cedric or Natalie- so she always went home. Nat often stayed at Hogwarts over the holidays, but since Mrs. Arnold had another baby- she had to go home and meet the new addition.

Cedric had invited Ollie to come and stay the Holidays at his house. They usually ended up seeing each other over break anything because they were related, but this time, Ollie politely declined, saying that Missy would prefer if she stayed at the school.

So that left Olive all alone in the Ravenclaw common room. Everyone seemed to be going home this Christmas due to Sirius Black out 'on the run'. In reality, he stayed near Hogwarts all these months. Ollie visited him every once in a while, bringing food and spare blankets when she could. But Sirius said he found somewhere to crash for a little while, at least for the winter months anyways, and not to worry about her.

She only hoped he was telling the truth. Sirius could be a bit dramatic sometimes, especially when he told stories about his time at Hogwarts with Missy, Professor Lupin (who Sirius often referred to as Moony for some reason), James, and that rat.

Incase he was truthful in telling her he'd be off somewhere, she gave him his Christmas presents early. Ollie gave Sirius some warmer socks, an old jumper that was far too big for her, and as much food and water she could cram into a box as possible.

Curling up by the fire, Olive was trying to write in a few last things before dinner. It was the first night on the break- the day before Christmas Eve. She wanted to send home a newly finished story to Missy as part of her gift, so tonight would be the night she would aim to finish it before sending.

She wrote quickly, in the same trance that Olive always appeared to be in when she wrote. To her, the world seemed to stand still as she wrote her little heart out, finishing the last juicy details to her novelette.

This one was a spin on some of the muggle fairytales that Nat had told her about. Missy knew nothing of them, so Ollie figured to put a bit of a twist to make things a bit more interesting than what Nat described as "Disney Movies"- with new curses and romances, but still keeping the general integrity of the original tales. It was titled Once Upon a Time...

Closing the notebook she had gotten to write the story in, Ollie quickly used a simple charm to wrap it into a small box with a purple bow on top. She attached the rest of her gift to the package, and gave the present for her older sister to the owl that say patiently waiting.

"To Missy's house, okay? Thanks little guy." She fed him an extra treat, watching as he flew off with a content smile.

With that, Ollie hopped off the sofa and exited the Ravenclaw common room, her trainers softly padding on the floor with each content step. She was glad it was the holidays, primarily because she didn't have to wear her uniform everyday. She also had more time to write since she was the only Ravenclaw who stayed at the castle. (The dementors were more present and visible in the wintertime- which scared most students).

The castle halls were exceptionally quiet as the lone girl walked through them, humming a familiar tune to herself that she heard as a child. Missy used to sing it all the time, but the words were probably long forgotten by now.

As she approached the Great Hall, Olive found herself nearly running into Professor Lupin- who had just gotten back from somewhere for the past two days. He's been sick quite a lot recently- which has started to become a small routine for DADA class.

"Sorry sir." Olive squeaked, her cheeks going red with embarrassment as she and the professor were knocked back a few as they collided.

"Ol-Miss Lark, it's okay. No need to apologize." The Professor said, giving her his usual warm smile. Olive returned it, but a question filled her thoughts as she stood with Lupin.

Why was he absent all the time when he appeared to be healthy at times like these? Sure, he looked a bit tired and sported a scratch or two- but he teaches the dark arts, who wouldn't teach that field of they hadn't had any experience?

"Professor Lupin?" Olive asked, mustering up some courage to ask the question she's had in her head since the beginning of the year. Usually she only spoke to teachers unless she was spoken to first, but this year she felt a pang of courage she hadn't had for the past four.

"Yes?"

She paused, and took a breath.

"Sorry if this is a bit personal... But did you know Mr. Sirius Black before... those things happened?" Olive asked, pulling at the hem of her sweater nervously as she shifted from foot to foot with a hint of anxiety.

The man went a shade paler, looking down at his shoes before returning a questionable look with the usually silent student. Professor Lupin looked down at the girl, eyebrows raised.

"Black?" His voice was a bit higher, as if he was covering something up, "We went to school together."

Olive nodded, knowing that Remus Lupin was having trouble deciding if Sirius was innocent or not.

She also knew that he was best friends with her sister Missy, Sirius, James Potter, and the real man that betrayed Harry's parents to Voldemort, and that Peter Pettigrew was here in the castle.

Professor Lupin was lying to Ollie, and they both knew it.

The Professor sighed, looking at the girl who looked so much like Missy- who had been there for him along with the rest of his friends.

"How about this Friday night you meet me in my office- perhaps around seven or eight- and we can talk about this." He explained, scratching the back of his head.

"Okay, sir." She said with a small smile, turning to walk into the Great Hall- which was only condensed down to one long table since there were only a handful of students who remained at the school.

She took a seat on the end, curling her legs underneath her as she began to help herself to some steaming food. Teachers and students also sat down at the table, but not next to Ollie. The girl didn't mind though, she probably wouldn't say anything to them anyways.

"Ollie!"

"Our favorite Ravenclaw."

"How are you?"

With that, Olive slammed her head down on the table, letting out a small sigh. Hermione- who was sitting a little ways across from her, gave the girl a sympathetic smile as Fred sat across from her and George right next to her.

"Please, just leave me alone." Olive groaned, "I don't need you two to breathe down my neck every millisecond."

Ever since Olive had gotten really sick from that night out in the cold, the twins have been more watchful of her. They've annoyed her about bundling up, washing hands, sleeping, eating, not going outside when it's cold. Nat, Cho, and Cedric have been worse in the past when it came to keeping Ollie out of her hobbit hole.

"Hey- we just want to make sure you're having a nice holiday." George put his hands up in defense.

"The holiday just started. Like today."

"And are you having a good time?"

"Well I was until I was rudely interrupted and bothered." Olive sighed, trying to focus mainly on her meal. She didn't want to be in a bad mood when Christmas was only the day after next.

"Come on, Ollie, it's Christmas Holiday! Cheer up." Fred said with a smile, adjusting his jumper that adorned the big letter 'F' on the front. All the Weasleys seemed to have one- even Harry. Ollie thought it was quite cute.

"I am." She stated simply.

"You're all alone in the Ravenclaw dorm, aren't you?" Hermione spoke up, "Why don't you stay in the Gryffindor dorm for the Holidays? We're the only ones there."

Ginny nodded drastically, not wanting her and Hermione to be the only girls for the Holidays. It was nice to be the only ones in the castle- but when you're outnumbered by boys, it gets quite annoying.

Olive looked from Hermione, to Ginny, and then to the twins, who were grinning wildly. She wanted a quiet Holiday this year, since she was staying alone in the Ravenclaw Tower. However, being alone on Christmas sounded sad to her- especially since Missy and her usually spent every Holiday together.

"You don't mind?" Ollie asked quietly, pushing her peas and carrots around her plate with a fork. The muggle-born witch smiled brightly, nodding her head.

"We don't mind at all." Ginny piped in.

"Alright."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25K 1.1K 23
(Under Revision) Ally Conners and Sasha Firestone were two ordinary girls, with a slight obsession with a certain boy with a lightning scar. They spe...
188 1 19
Scarlett Diggory was an ordinary Hogwarts student, well, as ordinary as you can be with the Golden boy of Hogwarts as your twin brother. She was smar...
9.1K 260 14
Emberly is a muggleborn witch with metamorphmagi abilities. Despite somehow being placed in Slytherin, shes made friends with the Weasley twins. Duri...
446K 8.5K 97
Lillith Greengrass wasn't liked by her Family. She had a hard life, a mom who hated her and a dad who would ignore her all the time. Lillith also had...