Black Rose

Von -starsailor

"she was a rose in the hands of those who had no intention of keeping her." - Rupi Kaur. Started: August 6, 2... Mehr

Prelude.
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
Postlude.
New Book.

14.

13.9K 789 684
Von -starsailor

Majesty A. Collins

Six hours later, two of them containing skin on skin time, we were finally at the place we would be staying at for this short vacation. I wasn't aware of where we were going until we actually landed.

"Why're we in Iceland?" I inquire out of curiosity. I don't mind being here, it's just such a random place to choose. "It's pretty, but so random." I should've expected this from someone who's so queer.

"Why not come to Iceland?" He raised an eyebrow before opening the loft door for me.

"All this just for one night?!" I stared at the loft that's bigger than my apartment.

Alex chuckled while staring at my side profile. "For you."

"But your birthday is the one coming up." I frowned.

He completely ignored my reply and headed up the stairs after putting his luggage down. I placed my one suitcase down and decided to explore the place.

The kitchen had a glass sliding door. The transparency allowed me to see all of the snow that was on the ground and still falling peacefully from the sky. My love for snow is something many people will never understand. Almost no one likes snow.

For some reason, it makes me feel at ease. Watching it fall from above and onto earth is amazing. It's amazing how God can create things that no one will ever be able to figure out. Snow falls when the temperature gets low, yet hail falls in the summer. How can pieces of ice fall when it's nearly one hundred degrees out, but small white blankets fall when it's around thirty degrees? Science can't explain that.

Above the sky, there's space. But what's above space? It can't be empty, and it can't just be more space. Science says space is infinite because they don't know what's beyond it.

We don't know what's after life either, but the bible does. Of course scientists will do anything to make the bible seem like another ordinary book. At the end of the day, there's one man you have to look up to.

"Whatchu thinking about?" His arms wrapped around my waist, pulling me into his warmth.

I rested my back against his chest and continued to stare out of the large door. The snow just kept falling at a constant rate.

"Nothing."

Honestly, I can't believe he convinced me to leave the states when my paper is due today. I emailed it to Ms. Bennet though, so I should be fine.

My eyes gazed at all of the unique shapes and colors around me. One in particular caught my eye. A leprechaun and a few other faces were on the wall, but the leprechaun stood out. It seemed as if it were an ordinary leprechaun, but the eyes proved me wrong.

Art isn't something I'm usually in, at least not this type of art. My type of art are words. But this specific piece of art is different. It's not an everyday portrait you'll see.

My hand brushed against Alex's as I handed him my phone. Ten pictures later, I finally ended up liking one. A smile appeared on my face as my eyes stared at the photograph.

"The name says..." I squinted as I stared at the signature by the art, "konfuzed." My brows scrunched together at the unknown artist name. "Who's that?"

When I got no answer I looked to my side to see that Alex had moved on to the next art piece. Stuffing my phone back in my pocket, I then hurried to his side.

"Is this place just art that's filled with street artists?" I inquired while studying his side profile.

He licked over his lips before nodding. "Yeah."

I gave a small nod and stayed by his side as he observed all of the pieces that stood out to him.

It's crazy that we've only known each other for a month but have a weird, yet cool, bond. It's like God knew that I needed someone other than Keiara and Ford. I don't mind being by myself, but having someone else to spend time with made me realize that being alone isn't always a good thing. It's wonderful until you crave something. Someone.

Alex's arm rested lazily across my shoulders as we strolled down the snowy sidewalk. The sidewalk was almost empty even though it's three in the afternoon.

We conversed about random yet interesting things. It's amazing how you can talk about any and everything with some people, but have nothing to talk about with others. It's as if God makes someone specifically for you.

Not a soulmate, but just someone who'll listen to your problems yet laugh with you only minutes later.

Maybe that is a soulmate, maybe it's not. What exactly defines soulmate?

"Don't feed the animals?" Alex raised an eyebrow as he observed the jacket on my body.

Turning my head to look over my shoulder, we locked eyes.

"Why shouldn't we feed the animals?" He took a sip of his black coffee while intently watching me.

I slid in the booth with my caramel frappe in my mitten covered hands. Alex raised an eyebrow, waiting for my reply.

"They only feed them to make them fat so we, the people, can get more meat and eat them."

"So you're a vegetarian or some of that crazy shit?" A grin played on the end of his lips.

"No." I chuckled with a small shake of my head. "I'm transitioning though, I just... I don't know."

"What's making you want to become one? Meat is lit."

Rolling my eyes, I took a few sips of my coffee. "I like animals." I shrugged. "And I saw a video of the process of making edible meat."

Alex slowly nodded his head while letting out a slow, but loud, hmm.

He rested his elbows on the table and leaned in a bit. His face rested in his hands as looked at me with his usual smirk. "What if I did this with you?"

"You just called it crazy shit." A giggle left my lips as I held his gaze.

"I'm tryna be a better man and live a better life." He shrugged. "Maybe you can help."

I bit the inside of my cheeks to stop the big smile on my face. "Maybe I can."

My eyes took in the magnificent view in front of me. The northern lights of Iceland seems almost unreal. Actually, it does seem unreal. There's just some things science cannot explain.

"I don't even have words for this." I probably looked like a little kid staring at Christmas lights.

A green light moved in the sky as if it were a wave. It slowly danced for the sky, giving it pleasure and happiness.

My arms squeezed around my body tighter as a gust of wind blew. I didn't mind the cold, all I wanted to do was observe this once in a lifetime view.

I didn't even realize I was shivering until Alex wrapped his coat around me. I opened my mouth to let my words flow out, but it's as if he knew what I was going to say so he spoke before me.

"I'll be good, you're shivering."

Those five words prevented a disagreement between the two of us.

The jacket and large coat prevented the harsh winds from making me shiver more. These two fabrics actually made me feel warm.

After taking in the magnificent sky for an hour, Alex and I went back to the loft. It was going on eleven at night, but I didn't feel an ounce of fatigue.

"Are you a drug dealer?" I stared at Alex intently as his lips wrapped around a half gone blunt.

After looking at the view we went to a local restaurant then came back to the loft. He laid shirtless on the large bed with his eyes now on me.

A raspy chuckle escaped his lips as his eyes locked with mine. "You're bold."

Shrugging, I kept my eyes on his. "I guess." The smoke escaped through his nose as he sat up a bit and placed the alcohol bottle to his plump lips. "I mean, you're always smoking.."

He shook his head, shooting my one and only thought of his career down.

"I just like smoking."

I couldn't help but to wonder why he always smoked. Marijuana doesn't have an affect like that on most people, but it does with him. Does he smoke and drink to stop his brain from wondering about all of his worries? Is there a real reason why he does it? Or is it for 'fun'?

When I used to smoke, it was to relieve me of the stress my mom caused me.

"Here." Alex attempted to hand me a newly lit blunt, but I denied it. He slowly sat up with the blunt in one hand and a bottle of Hennessy in the other. "One puff." I reluctantly took the backwood from his fingers. His eyes watched me intently as I took exactly one puff from it. As I handed him the blunt he unscrewed the cap from the alcohol. "You want some?"

"No thank you." I murmured.

Instead of taking the blunt from me, he chugged down some of the alcohol before throwing it across the room. The shattering of the glass caused me to jump.

Furrowing my eyebrows, I handed him the blunt. "Why did you just do that?"

"I didn't want it anymore." He spoke nonchalantly. "I just wanna smoke."

"Oh.."

He placed the blunt between his lips, smoking it until it was gone. Once it was gone his eyes were barley open, but he already had another one quickly burning.

I reached my hand out attempting to take the blunt from him; he roughly pushed my hand away while murmuring a few words.

"Alex this isn't good for you-"

"Just chill.." He chuckled with his eyes shut. "Here, take one."

His eyelids broke apart, but barley. His hand lazily searched for something on the floor. A bag full of pills came in view as he held it in the air.

Alex's hand shook as he finally got the bag open. He took two pills out, handing one to me. I examined the long pill before handing it back to Alex. Huffing, he forced me to lay on my back. Before I could protest he shoved the pill in my mouth.

"Swallow."

I gulped loudly and felt pain in my throat as I did so. Swallowing without a beverage makes it feel like the pill is just hitting everything as it goes down your throat.

"You'll feel better soon." His hot breath hit my neck as he hovered over me.

His lips lingered on my skin, leaving wet kisses. My body felt more relaxed than before. My eyelid felt heavy, I had no other choice than to just close them.

"What you tryna do?" He whispered against my jaw.

"Sleep." My sentence came out so slurred and low I wasn't even sure if he heard or understood me. "S-stop." I tried to move his hand as it slid in my pants, but I don't think I even moved my hand.

"Just let me fuck you." He grumbled in somewhat of a harsh tone.

I continued to ask him to stop, well in my head since I couldn't find the strength to actually open my mouth.

Within a few minutes I felt myself dosing off, despite the fact he was doing things to me that I did not want to do.

• • •

🙃

My photoshopping skills have gotten so much better omg.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

47.3K 1.1K 24
Chacidity is different from most girls from the hood. She ain't as naive and she is school smart. Chacidity meets up with True a well known DrugKing...
7.4M 205K 22
It's not everyday that you get asked by a multi-billionaire man to marry his son. One day when Abrielle Caldwell was having the worst day of her life...
16.8M 649K 64
Bitmiş nefesi, biraz kırılgan sesi, Mavilikleri buz tutmuş, Elleri nasırlı, Gözleri gözlerime kenetli; "İyi ki girdin hayatıma." Diyor. Ellerim eller...
2.1M 99.9K 31
𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙧𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙤𝙣𝙚. 𝙍𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙘𝙚, 𝙧𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚.