PVZ, GW 2: The Book

By _sunsetflare

"In the Garden Warfare, we don't all survive. Sometimes we aren't revivable, or we fall and perish for our fr... More

Intro with the author and Dr Zomboss
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Special Chapter: Boss Hunt Brothers of Gnomus: Part 1
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter thirty Plants VS Gnomes Part 1

Chapter Twenty-Five

673 16 13
By _sunsetflare

*don't play the soundtrack until your queue comes. And hey, don't miss your queue!

Electro Pea

"Do you think he's ok?"

"I hope so."

"He can't dead..."

"I'm sure he'll be ok."

"I hope so...I can't believe he risked his life and took that ZPG for me..."

"I have to head off to a Team Vanquish match right now. I'll see you later."

"Ok. Thanks for stopping by...I'll see you later Alien Flower."

"Mmmmmm..." I mumble, stirring a little.

Why is everything so...black?

I groan as a harsh light flashes in my face. Something sparky and soft touches my face and I grunt.

I slowly force my eyes to open, only to meet the eyes of Power Flower, her pretty eyes staring into mine.

For a moment, we just stare at each other.

Then I hear her sigh in relief.

"Electro Pea!" She wraps her power flower hands around my central stem. I let out a short breath, wrapping my electric pods around her central stem, feeling an electric spark zoom up and down my pods and central stem.

"You're ok!" She breathes, squeezing me. "I was so worried I couldn't stop...I..." Power Flower stammers and she squeezes me tighter.

"Power Flower-" I gasp out. "That hurts-"

"Oh sorry!" She apologizes, pulling away. The spark disappears and I squint my eyes up into a frown.

"I can't believe you did that...you could have died. Never do that again, ok?" I can tell that she's trying not to smile as she looks at me sternly.

My eyes squint upwards into a small smile. "But if I didn't do that you could've died."

"Just don't do it again....." Power Flower looks down, something flashing in her eyes.

"Not making any promises." I laugh but then I wince as a sore spot in my central stem lashes out.

Power Flower frowns.

"Electro Pea I'm serious."

"But I'm also serious."

"You're never serious."

"I'm ok now! I feel electrified and POWERful!"

"You need help." Power Flower giggles. "No more puns!"

I laugh. "Why are you saying that I'm bad at electric puns? I thought I was good. I'm so infused..."

Power Flower giggles harder. "Electro Pea..."

"Well I reVOLT against you. My puns are ILLUMINATING."

Power Flower bursts out laughing. "Electro Pea!"

"You know, it takes VOLTING skill to make puns. That's when I come in and take CHARGE."

Power Flower laughs harder. "Ok. Ok. Ok. Oh my Mega Flower are you listening to yourself?" Her sweet laugh fills my mind. Her central stem shakes as she bursts into another fit of giggles.

"I'm de-LIGHTED to know that you like my puns Power Flower." I let go of all of my laughter and we both just laugh for several moments.

When we stop, I put one of my electric pods behind my head and rub it and I blink, suddenly feeling shy.

Power Flower leans in close to my face and inspects it.

"How are you feeling?" She asks, carefully touching one of my electric bolts on my face. I blush a little, and look down.

"I feel like static." I joke. "I don't really wanna move..."

Power Flower laughs. It sounds so sweet...

"Haha. You're so funny. I like how you make me smile." Power Flower smiles I flush a little and my eyes squint upwards into a grin.

"Thanks Power Flower. You're such a great friend." I laugh but for some reason it's a little forced.

Power Flower's smile fades a little. Something flashes in her eyes, and something hurtful gnaws at my central stem.

What did I do?

I shift awkwardly, feeling even more like static. Only now I don't want to move AND talk.

I put one of my electric pea pods behind my back, and rub it nervously. I feel electricity crackle among my bottom leaves and I look down, not knowing what to say.

"Um...well I'm glad you're ok." Power Flower coughs and smiles at me. It looks forced. "I'll get Metal Petal to help you...I have something to do..."

She sounds uncertain and before I can say anything, she leaves.
_____________________________

"Electro Pea stop fidgeting! Is something bothering you?"

I twitch uncomfortably, blinking.

Yes there is! There is something bothering me and...

"What is it?" Metal Petal asks, frowning.

I wince as she touches a bruise on my face.

"Uh-nothing." I decide to say. "Just sore I guess. ZPGs hurt."

Metal Petal laughs softly. "I know you're lying, Electro Pea. It's about Power Flower isn't it?"

WHAT!? How does she know!? I shake my head quickly. "No. Why would you think that?"

Metal Petal's glint with amusement. "You think I don't know? Come on Electro Pea."

I tilt my head sideways, feeling my face heat up a little.

That's from an over-electrified leaf. Please tell me that the warmth on my face is from an over electrified leaf....

Metal Petal chuckles. "You're blushing."

"What no." Seeds. I cover my face, and I know she's right.

I AM blushing.

"It's an accident...?" I try.

"Oh come on Electro Pea."

"Uh...allergic reaction to pollen...achoo...?"

"Electro Pea!"

"Fine fine! The reason is-" I sigh, feeling Metal Petal's eyes burn into my face.

"-it's just secretly my natural face color." I shake my head.

"ELECTRO PEA!"

"Fine." I sigh and murmur sadly. "MAYBE it's about Power Flower. Why did she suddenly get sad after what I said? Did I do something wrong? I'm so confused...I just...she just...I..."

"Sure. MAYBE it's about Power Flower." Metal Petal sighs and rolls her eyes. "What did you say?"

"That she was a great friend. It's not an insult...or...or is it?" I ask, suddenly feeling down.

Metal Petal's eyes widen.

"What?" I ask.

"Oh Electro Pea." Metal Petal sighs, rolling her eyes again and she shakes her head and struts out of the room.

"HUH!?" I yell, completely confused.

*queue the ops music (go on! Don't miss your queue! ;)  )

Druid Rose

"Mystic Flower!" I cough, struggling to use my voice. I choke on a bunch of bloody aloe that gargles in the throat of my central stem.

I wince as I struggle to pull out the icicle embroiled in my throat and I try my best not to scream.

Help...me...

I hear something zoom through the air and I look up weakly, one of my eyes closed behind my mask.

"Toxic Pea..." I hiss through clenched teeth. "Get...Mystic Flower...."

Toxic Pea's glowing green eyes widen and they flash worriedly and he blinks, concern flaring in his eyes.

"You'll be ok on your own?" He asks worriedly.

"Of course...I think...just get Mystic. Hurry..." I reply. Pain flares throughout my whole central stem.

"I'm on it." He nods. He starts to scuttle away and about twenty seconds later, he activates his Hyper, leaping away.

"Ergh...." I grunt and cough, choking little. The icicle is embroiled so firmly into my throat of my central stem and I can't seem to yank it out.

I hear something pop up in the air as I try to stop the bloody aloe that's constantly oozing from my throat of my central stem.

I know the Yeti will be back...I need to do this...

"Druid Rose?"

I cough, over and over again, suddenly feeling frail. I look up, meeting the eyes of Party Corn.

"Druid Rose!" His eyes widen and I cough viciously, feeling chlorophyll gargling in my throat.

"Party Corn..." I growl out, hissing and spitting out liquid.

"How-"

"Yeti..." I choke, my vision starting to get blurry from blood aloe loss. I struggle to breathe, trying my best to stay awake and alive.

"Bloody herbs..." Party Corn's eyes squint downwards slightly, his breath catching in his throat.

"It's ok Party Corn..." I look up slowly, steadily meeting his eyes. "If it's my time to go...then..."

"You're not going to die..." He says, his voice firm.

"Mystic Flower's... on her way with...cough Toxic Pea but..." I choke on a golden liquid that has started to leak out.

Inner nectar.

I look at Party Corn, feeling fear strike my eyes.

"Druid Rose..." His eyes flash, a panicking light in them.

"It doesn't matter..." I cough, struggling. "They won't be here in time anyways...that Yeti will slow them down."

"No you can't..." Party Corn's eyes flit back and forth.

"I'm not going to let you die..." He finally says, his eyes flooding in desperation.

"Party Corn...don't. There isn't anything you can do..." I manage to say, but it comes out as a whisper. I try to stop the bloody aloe, chlorophyll and inner nectar from spilling out.

"You can't be..." His eyes flash, and I let out a short breath before ducking with effort to stay awake.

I growl as a remaining Buckethead scratches and digs it's hands into my central stem.

I hear popping sounds go off, Party Corn's Party Busters spinning around rapidly and shooting.

"Druid Rose you need instant healing..." Party Corn says as soon as the Buckethead's head pops off.

"I....am...aware...of...THAT!" I grit my teeth.

Suddenly, I hear a scream.

MYSTIC FLOWER IS DOWN!

"They must have run into the Yeti!" Party Corn gasps.

"Go and..." I hiss and cough, choking as blood-aloe fills my mouth. "Go and help them!"

Of course, the blood from my mouth flows downwards because my mask is covering my mouth.

"I'm not leaving you by yourself..." Party Corn's eyes flit towards the sound of crashing icicles. Then he sighs. "The last time I left someplant terribly injured, Toxic Pea in fact, alone, he got KO'd."

"But those two might die...they're still so far away..." I gasp out.

"Get that icicle out of your throat at least..." Party Corn insists softly.

"I can't...it's stuck." I cough. "I can't...breathe very well..."

"You have to breathe...I know you can do it. Just gently yank it out." Party Corn says, his voice roughly assuring.

I nod painfully, and blink.

"Party Corn...hold my wand." I hiss.

Party Corn nods and I nearly drop my wand on the ground as it falls into the grip of his party cobs.

I grip the icicle with both rose hands and pull with barely any force.

Ow ow ow ow ow!

A nectear slips out of my eye and I let go of the icicle in pain.

"I know it hurts...but you have to pull it out or it'll get worse..." Part Corn says softly, and he lifts my chin upwards.

I look at him, struggling to breathe again. I try to speak, but bloody aloe starts to leak into my mouth once more and I cough, choking.

With shaking rose hands I grip the icicle and pull as hard as I can.

I feel the icicle budge and withdraw itself from my throat and I scream in pain, only to choke on more blood aloe.

"Ugh." The world starts to spin around me, and I blink, struggling to think.

The world continues to spin around me as I dizzily start to feel an agonizing feeling in my head.

Mystic Flower's on her way....you'll be ok...

Party Corn

I watch as Druid Rose floats towards me and I frown as I see blood aloe leaking from underneath her mask.

"Druid Rose...stop moving for a bit. Try your best to stay strong."

She only coughs in reply.

I steady her in the air but she floats slightly lower, wavering.

Suddenly, victory sounds go off and I realize that the Yeti has been defeated.

We completed CRAAAAAZZZY Garden Ops. My eyes widen.

"Party Corn we did it!" Druid Rose lifts her mask a little and spits out red-tainted chlorophyll. "We...did....it..." My eyes widen as her delicate figure falls from the air and lands into my party cobs.

"Druid Rose?" I shake her. Then my eyes widen in panic. "Druid Rose!"

Druid Rose's head falls back and her eyes go dull and they close.

"Druid Rose!" I shake her again.

My eyes flit around, and I see Mystic Flower rapidly moving towards me.

"Party Corn! We vanquished the Yeti..." Mystic Flower's eyes widen. "Druid Rose?"

"She won't wake up..." I reply, biting back the hard lump in the throat of my central stem.

Mystic Flower frowns. "If she's vanquished...then she would be nothing but a single rose on the ground now. Why hasn't that happened?"

"I don't know!" I reply.

Mystic Flower struts closer to Druid Rose and starts to inspect her.

"She's lost too much blood aloe." Mystic Flower replies softly. "I'm sorry."

"She's..." I don't finish my sentence.

"She's not dead yet. But by the time we get back to the Backyard to the medical area...I don't think she'll be alive anymore. She's barely clinging onto her own life now."

I swallow.

Then my eyes widen in realization.

"Where's Toxic Pea?" I ask.

"He's on his way to the Landing Zone. I told him to go." Mystic Flower says and then she gazes sorrowfully at the ground.

I look at all of the bloody liquid on the ground, all from Druid Rose. I swallow again.

I can't lose my friend...not another one...

"We have to hurry. There's a wave of zombies after us...we have to get to the landing zone."

"Ok." I mutter.

We both march as fast as we can to the Landing Zone, just as a Buckethead spots us.

And suddenly, we're being chased by an entire wave of zombies, with the seconds ticking downwards on the clock until Crazy Dave comes to pick us up.

We'd better make this. I think roughly to myself just as I see a Gargantuar rise from the ground.

"Party Corn!" Mystic Flower dodges a Browncoat and points towards the Landing Zone. "This way!"

Then she hisses. "Ugh! There...are...UGH! Too many zombies!"

"I'll clear a path for you!" I yell as a Screendoor Zombie tries to whack me.

"OK!" She screams over the zombies and I nod and Husk Hop as far as I can over a bunch of zombies, the powerful kernels killing multiples of them creating a clear pathway to the Landing Zone and I manage to land just in front of the Landing Zone.

"Toxic Pea!" I dart to the left, avoiding a Conehead's swipe. I place Druid Rose near a Heal Flower that Toxic Pea had planted earlier and then start shooting.

"Party Corn!" Toxic Pea's eyes glow with relief. "You're ok!" A toxic pea pops out of his mouth and he cranks his pods to reload. "Thank the Mega Flower! I was worried-" Then his eyes widen. "Druid Rose?"

"Nearly dead..." I look down.

Toxic Pea's eyes flood with sorrow. "I'm sorry...." He blinks, and I can see golden liquid brimming in his eyes. "She'll be missed." Then he hangs his head sadly. "I never repayed her for waking me up from that horrible nightmare I was trapped in that day."

I don't reply.

Suddenly, Toxic Pea lets out a sharp breath of panic.

"Where's Mystic Flower!?" He gasps.

My eyes widen.

What!? She should have been in the Landing Zone after I cleared that path for her with my Husk Hop.

Fearfully, I look at the clock.

Leaving in: 30. 29. 28.

I look at the crowd of zombies, looking desperately for Mystic Flower, refusing to loose another fellow plant-and friend to this fight.

I grit my teeth harder in panic, struggling to stay calm as I gaze the countdown time for Crazy Dave to pick us up.

Leaving in: 27. 26. 25.

A light golden glow among the crowd of zombies catches my eye. My eyes widen.

"There!" I gasp as I see the top of Mystic Flower's glowing golden petals.

"Toxic Pea! Party Corn! Help me!" I hear her scream and I watch as her form disappears under the wave of zombies.

"No!" Toxic Pea pumps his two toxic pods, and his leaf eyebrows knit fiercely downwards. His glowing green eyes blaze in desperation. "I'm going after her!"

"Toxic Pea don't be stupid! You won't make it!" I yell, gazing in panic at the clock.

Leaving in: 24. 23. 22.

"I'm not just going to let her die!" Toxic Pea hisses fiercely.

"Toxic Pea!" I yell, just as green light surrounds his body and his Hyper is activated and he zooms off towards Mystic Flower.

Leaving in: 21. 20.

I watch helplessly as his glowing green form disappears within the tidal wave of zombies and my eyes flit back to Druid Rose's body.

I'll protect what's left of you...

I unleash my Shuck Shot on a Super Brainz and start blasting a Screendoor Zombie.

When I finish, Toxic Pea still hasn't returned.

I check the clock, fearful of the amount of seconds that could have possibly passed since I last checked.

Leaving in: 15. 14.

I see that a majority of the zombies in the crowd are glowing green from toxic poison. I see something pushing zombies aside.

An instant pang of panic hits me as I realize something.

Oh no! Toxic Pea's Hyper takes at least 20 seconds to cool down before being able to be used...how is he going to get back here in time!?

I hear a Sombrero Bean Bomb go off.

"ARRIIBA!"

A bunch of zombies are blown into the air and I start to see the forms of Toxic Pea and Mystic Flower, fiercely trying to escape.

I look at the clock, desperation and a panicking feeling starting to flood my party cobs and my central stem. I look at the time ticking down and the seconds that have passed.

Leaving in: 11. 10.

My central stem tightens.

Leaving in: 9. 8.

They 're still far from the Landing Zone...

Leaving in: 7. 6.

My teeth grit harder.

Leaving in: 5. 4.

They aren't close enough!

Leaving in: 3. 2.

I watch as they are now meters from the line of the Landing Zone.

Leaving in: 1.

Suddenly, Toxic Pea jumps up and the two leap across the line of the Landing Zone. They land, barely inside.

Leaving in: 0!

Just as green lines shine down and the RV hovers above us, the green light sucking us into the RV. I make sure to watch as Druid Rose's body is lifted up with us.

I let out a huge sigh of relief as we appear in the RV. My bottom party brush leaves touch the ground and I gaze around.

"It's over." Mystic Flower breathes.

"We did it." Toxic Pea looks at her.

"Yeah..." I say, relief and grief flooding through me.

"How's Druid Rose?" Toxic Pea asks softly.

"Toxic Pea...I think she's dead." I mumble.

"She's not a single rose yet." Toxic Pea argues.

"But she's lost so much blood-aloe." I reply, shaking my head.

"I thought that Toxic Pea was dead before and he was alive." Mystic Flower adds.

"She just seems...so far away..." I blink as I stare at her delicate form. Her eyes are closed behind her mask.

"Don't worry Party Corn." Toxic Pea assures me. "We all miss her...but maybe we can help her when we get back." He looks down, his eyes sad.

"Lets focus on what we just accomplished..." Mystic Flower changes the subject. "We completed CRAAAAAAAAZY Garden Ops!"

"Yeah!" I force a smile. Then I sigh.

But it costed Druid Rose... I think to myself. I head to the front of the RV, leaving my two friends behind and think

Was it really even worth it?

Mystic Flower

"Toxic Pea..." I look at him, and there's this affectionate glow I can feel in my eyes.

We're in the RV, me and Toxic Pea. Party Corn had gone up to the front to talk to Crazy Dave, and Druid Rose is lying still in an empty room.

Now, it's just me tending Toxic Pea's wounds and it's awfully quiet and peaceful.

"Yeah?" Toxic Pea asks, his voice tired. He sounds exhausted, and I take some leaf wrap and wrap it around one of his pods. He winces, and then sighs, looking downwards.

"You came back for me...back there I...I mean..." I say, trying to come up with the right words.

"I couldn't just leave you...." He interrupts, his eyes flashing softly.

"Thank you so much..." I hug him as tight as I can. "I'm...I'm alive right now because of you...I wouldn't be alive w-w-with...w-w-without you..."

"I wouldn't be alive if you hadn't saved me that day with the Gravity Grenades." Toxic Pea whispers back.

I smile at him affectionately and laugh a little before kissing the side of his face. "We wouldn't be alive without each other, would we?"

He laughs, and squeezes me tighter.

"We wouldn't....would we?" He chuckles warmly.

I smile wider.

Suddenly, Party Corn comes bursting in, and his eyes are wide and full of shock.

"Bloody herbs!" He breathes.

"What?" I ask curiously, starting to feel concerned.

"Crazy Dave just showed me some stuff...about...about a new Zombie Hero named Breakfast Brainz who is coming to try and defeat us and the defender of the newly discovered city called Zombopolis, and Crazy Dave is trying to find someplant to match Breakfast Brainz. I think someplant named Toxic Citron? We have a whole new battle ahead of us..."

My eyes widen, and me and Toxic Pea exchange a look.

The fight for Zomburbia/Suburbia is still far from over....

Then my eyes widen.

So a new city huh? Zombopolis...

Then I laugh and narrow my eyes.

Looks like we're all in for some trouble...some Trouble In Zombopolis...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Fleur By waxxed

Fanfiction

10.9K 574 14
Evan always tried to hide his flowers. It was pointless, almost everyone had them, but their flowers were bright yellows and pinks that made them loo...
1K 29 15
Uh, where do I begin? How do I begin this? I don't know how or why it happen. I don't know how we were created or why we're forced to fight and defen...
1.5K 5 15
You are at a zombie apocalypse and you kept surviving with your shovel and an axe from your garden. One day, some weird looking seed packets appeared...