Déjà vu? Not Quite.

By FarihaTariq62

Déjà vu, from French, literally "already seen", is the phenomenon of having the strong sensation that an even... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
A/N

Chapter 15

10.7K 338 105
By FarihaTariq62

Inoichi nodded and explain the procedure to the newcomers. He quickly made handseals and the room blurred.

Suddenly, all of them were standing in beautiful forest. And as usual The 9-tails was napping by the waterfall.

Gaara and his family suckered a breath with Shisui audibly gasped.

"Lazy bastard." Naruto mumbled.

Kurama's one eye opened, "Nosy brat." And his eyes went to Gaara.

A sinister smirk appeared on his face, showing the sharp fangs, "Well. Well. Well, Look what the brat dragged in." His menace turned into mirth as he felt Shukaku's Chakra shift in disbelief.

"Y-you....." Rasa started. The kyubi merely waved him off.

Kurama turned to Gaara again, "Come closer, boy."

Gaara didn't move. Kurama yawned, "Come before I rip you in shreds." Was his bored toned demand.

Gaara stepped up causing Rasa to jump towards him.

"Are you out of your mind, Gaara. He'll tear you into new one before you could even take a step!" Rasa screamed.

Karura whimpered, "Gaara, Honey don't listen to the kyubi."

Kurama had enough of the drama as his Chakra laced tail shot forward and touch the redhead's forehead.

"Gaara!" Was everyone's Alarming scream.

Suddenly, there was poof near him. Gaara's eyes widened as he saw a chibified version of Shukaku sulking and grumbling.

"Pfft...." Naruto covered her mouth, desperately to stop the laugh.

But Kurama was having no such luck as he roared in Laughter. Other people were too dumbstruck and Gaara was gawking at the cute looking Ichibi who was grumbling and sulking, shooting glares to the laughing Kyubi.

"You! How dare you do that to I, Shukaku, The prideful Ichibi!" Shukaku snarled.

"What you going to do? Talk me death! Then again you are the after all the weakest of us, One-tail?"
Taunted Kurama.

Minato softly cleared his throat, "I think we should start," And nodded at Inoichi. He started, leaving two demons two their own banter.

The memory started making everyone look at the huge projector screen.

The memory showed the trio hidden in forest

Then showed Kakashi. He was just within the reach of the three genin.

"Woah, Senpai you retired from anbu!" Shisui exclaimed, "Not only that you even my baby cousin under your wing."

Naruto snickered under her breath as Sasuke grimaced at the nickname.

"What's the distance from the target?"He whispered in his headphone.

"Sooo.....They're on the mission already!" Asked Obito

"Five meters. I'm ready anytime." Informed Sasuke.

"So am I." "Me too 'ttebayo!" chorused the girls.

Minato hid a grin, "I think I know what mission is that!"

Jiraiya and Tsunade caught on and smirked while Orochimaru frowned, remembering the feline.

"Okay......GO!" All three Genin jumped out of their hiding place and pounced on the target.

Naruto grabbed the Cat, "Gotcha!" But her excitement was cut short as the cat started scratching her.

"Ribbon on the left ear. Target confirm." Sasuke informed Kakashi, pretending not hearing Naruto's cries.

"Bastard..." muttered Naruto.

Kakashi nodded, "'lost pet Tora search Mission' Accomplished!"

"WHY CAN'T WE HAVE A BETTER MISSION. I HATE CATS!" Naruto screeched in her headphone causing all her teammates to flinch.

"Hahaha. They didn't become deaf because of that shriek, did they?" Naruto giggled and shook her head at Kiba.

Next the scene showed the Hokage tower where the Cat was smothered by the Fire country lord's wife, Shijimi.

Rasa stared at the screen, sweat drop hanging from his head.

"Oh, my cute little Tora-chan. I was so worried." The poor cat tried desperately to get out of her suffocating clutches.

"Does it it make me heartless that I didn't felt bad for the cat?" Asked Kiba.

"No." Was Neji's and Orochimaru's answer

"Nope..." was Chouji, Jiraiya and minato.

"The demon deserves it!" Was Ino and Kushina

Naruto laughed at Tora's misery, " Hahaha...In your face, you stupid cat!"

"My thoughts exactly." Obito nodded.

"No wonder it ran away." Sakura muttered to Sasuke and Naruto. While the former just stared at ahead with a 'wtf' look on his face.

The second Hokage picked up the scroll, "Now, For Squad 7 we have several available tasks..." He read, "hmmm...Babysitting the elder's grandson, Shopping in the neighboring village and digging of potatoes-"

"NO!!NO!!NO!! NO, THANK YOU!!" Naruto yelled, making an 'X' with her arms, "I don't want those kid's stuff! Give me a more exciting mission!" She huffed.

"You have guts to cut off the Hokage and demand a mission from him. I'll give you that." Muttered Kankuro under his breath causing Temari to elbowed him in the stomach.

Iruka's vein popped. He slammed his hand on the table and stood up, "How dare you! You're just a brand new genin with no experience! Like everyone you'll get the simple mission to improve yourself and make your way up!" He scolded.

"Quite right." Karura commented.

Naruto's eyes widened, "Are you serious?! Babysitting is not a mission! It's a stupid chor- Gah!" She felt a thump on her head and Kakashi giving her a warning look.

"Would you put a lid on it." Kakashi scolded.

"Naruto..." Sarutobi calmly folded his arms, "It seems like you don't understand the tasks you've been given."

"Huh?" She blinked her large doe eyes.

"Listen, Everyday the village receives numerous requests from Babysitting.... to assassinating...Each request is written down on these list and divided into A,B,C Or D, depending on the difficulty. Village is also-............." Naruto zoned out.

She sat on the floor, facing her team and blabbering about several types of Ramen, "Last night I had a pork Ramen. So, Miso sounds good for...-"

Most of the people sweatdropped

"Silence!" Shouted Sarutobi.

"I...I apologize..." Kakashi rubbed the back of his head rather sheepishly.

Naruto jumped and face the Hokage, "Why do you lecture me like you're my grandfather or something! But I'm the same brat who use to pull pranks all the time! I'm a ninja now and I want a ninja mission! Humph." She puffed her cheeks and looked away and pouted.

"You're behaving like brat right now...." said Jiraiya.

Iruka's and Hiruzen's face softened. A smile replaced the frown on their face.

Hiruzen gave Naruto a chuckle, "Naruto want us to know that she's not a brat. She's a former brat and she wants a mission. So be it!"

"Wow your whining did got you a better mission." Sasuke  smirked.

"I know right." Grinned Sasuke.

Naruto gave surprised 'huh?'

"Since you're so determine, I'll give a C-rank mission. You'll be a bodyguards on the journey..."

Naruto perked up, "Really?" Her eyes shined in glee, "Yes! Who is it?! A feudal lord!? A princess?!"

"I doubt it's Feudal lord or any other important figure. Then the mission would be A-rank or B-rank." Shikamaru and Shisui nodded at Itachi.

"Calm down, I'll introduce him to you." Sarutobi called, "Come in..."

The door opened and a drunkard came in. He was swaying, clutching the bottle of Sake in his hand.

"Uhhh...."

"What's this?" He slurred, "They're all bunch of brat!" He raised the bottle to his mouth and took a large swig.

He leaned to the doorframe and stared at the three genin with hazy, half-lidded eyes, "Especially you, the shortest one with a stupid looking face....Are you really a ninja!"

Naruto, who was in between Sakura and Sasuke, looking each sides, "Hahaha.... Who's the shortest one with the stupid looking face?" She asked and was greeted by a deadpanned expressions of both of her teammates.

The realization drawn to her. Her eyes narrowed in slits, She pounced on the drunkard to beat him into pulp, "I'll demolish you!!"

Kakashi was fast to catch her by her the back of her collar, "You can't kill the person that you're suppose to protect!"

The drunkard didn't paid any mind to fuming blonde and spoke, "I'm an expert bridge builder, Tazuna. I expect you to protect me with your life!" He drawled, taking another swig.

Neji gave a sarcastic laugh, "Yeah, first you insult them. And them demand them to protect you with their lives..."

The next scene showed Squad 7 and Tazuna standing out of the Village gates ready to leave.

"LET'S GO!!" Naruto gave an excited shout.

Sakura rolled her eyes, "What are you so excited about?"

Naruto beamed, looking around like a kid high on sugar, "Because I never left a village before!"

Tazuna gave Kakashi a disbelieving look, "Am I suppose to trust that kid with my life."

'That old geezer....' She grit her teeth, 'I should give him a shot to the face! 'ttebayo!'

"Go ahead. He's starting to annoy me too." Glared Kushina.

Kakashi gave out a sheepish laugh, "Don't worry, I'm a jounin."

Naruto spin towards Tazuna and gave him a warning look, "Hey, old man! Don't mess with ninjas!"

She puffed her chest, "My name is Uzumaki Naruto! Remember it! One day, I'll take elite ninja title of Hokage!" She announced loudly.

Tazuna scoffed, "The day you'll become the Hokage is the day I'll spout wings and fly!"

"I'll kill you!!" She screamed and tried to attack him and was held back again, but this time by Sasuke.

"Stop getting riled up, Dope. If you want him to believe then show him you can." He said, smoothly. Everyone looked at him surprise.

He gave a annoyed grunt, "hn?"

"Wow, dude. That's the longest line I've ever heard from you. Note to mention that you gave an advise." Said Naruto with wide eyes.

"Yeah," Sakura piped, "I thought you hate her, Sasuke-kun."

"I do hate her." Cue arrogant smirk

"Feelings mutual, Teme." Smirk returned.

"Are you friends or Not?" Karura asked.

Naruto smiled, "He's many things. He's my brother, He's my rival he's also my best friend."

They all walked out of the gate.

They kept walking, when Sakura spoke, "Umm…Tazuna-san?"

"What?" the man looked at her.

"You're from the Wave Country right?" Sakura asked.

"What about it?" The man really wanted more to drink but was running out. He didn't want to stay sober for the rest of the trip.

"Umm…Kakashi-sensei" This time she asked her Sensei, "Do they have Ninjas I that country too?"

Kakashi shook his head, "No, not in the Wave County. But…in most other counties the culture and customs may be different but hidden villages exist and so do Ninjas. To the many countries of the continent, the existence of a Shinobi village means military power. This is how they hold and maintain advantages over each other."

The group nodded, this made sense.

"But it's not that the villages rule the country, they merely stand equality with the country's government though there are other factors as well which I may talk about later. A small island county like the Wave Country doesn't receive much interference from the larger countries and may not need a Shinobi village."

'So larger countries generally need more military force which means more Ninjas?' Naruto thought.

"In the Fire, Water, Lightning, Wind and Earth countries they have the Leaf, Mist, Cloud, Sand and Stone Village respectively which are also the first and largest Shinobi villages and are thus called the 5 Great Shinobi Villages. Furthermore ruling over these villages are called 'Kages' which is a custom that usually only stands for these villages though there are other smaller countries whose leader take up the 'Kage' name as well though are not as well known."

"And these leaders are called?" Sakura asked interested though Naruto was a bit bored since she knew all of this already. Though Naruto frowned since Sakura was the top Kunoichi and she didn't know this…and she was sure this was in their history section in the Academy…or did they not teach about the other Kages at all?

"The Five Kages are known as the Hokage, Mizukage, Raikage, Kazekage and Tsuchikage and they each reign over the thousands of Ninjas in the world each holding the title of strongest in their own villages" Kakashi finished seeing the uncertain looks of his students.

Naruto thought back, 'Is that old geezer really that good. I got him with my Sexy-jutsu!'

"Wow Hokage-same is the best!" Sakura cheerfully said in a fake tone even to him and the client it seemed.

"You guys just doubted Hokage-sama didn't you?" Kakashi suddenly said getting a react from ALL of his students at once.

"You totally did." Tenten snickered.

However he simply patted Sakura's head and said, "But don't worry. There won't be any ninja combat in a C-rank mission" which reassured Sakura as she looked at her Sensei, "Then we won't come in contact with foreign ninjas?"

"Of course not hahahaha" Kakashi laughed at the thought of such a thing. Those kinds of missions were B-rank and higher for a reason. But Kakashi caught the look of guilt on Tazuna's face as they walked pass a puddle.

Naruto was at ease when all of a sudden chains wrapped around Kakashi before two Ninjas with 4 wavy lines on their headbands seemed to have ripped Kakashi apart so easily.

"One down."

"KYYYYAAAAAAAAAAA!" Sakura screamed loudly at the scene while Naruto shouted, "Kakashi-sensei!"

Then she heard a voice behind her saying, "Two down" before the chains came to her as well. She froze with fear, preparing for her to die.

Kushina shouted at screen, "Move, Naru. Move!"

Suddenly, Sasuke throws his kunia to trap the chain against the tree. He jumps on their heads and kicks them both. Naruto is still shocked at what happened. She was the closest to one of the brothers.

There were many signs of relief.

" UWAAA!" The other guy went to Sakura, who jumped in front of tazuna.

" Sir, get back" Sasuke went in front of Sakura and Kakashi appeared bringing down the chunnin. What a surprise.

" Gua!" Naruto looked shocked, Sakura looked happy, and Sasuke looked like his candy was taken away.

"Naruto, Sorry for not helping you right away. I got you injured. I didn't know you'll freeze up like that." Kakashi said looking extremely apologetic, " Anyway, nice job Sasuke. You too Sakura" He smiled.

'I...... couldn't do anything...,' She thought, 'Yet, Sasuke was able to fight in his real, first battle. He wasn't afraid at all... he took it so calmly and even saved me.' She wanted to melt in embarrassed puddle of mush.

" Hey you alright Scaredy cat?" Sasuke Taunted Naruto. Since she froze up, She looked pissed and embarrassed.

" Naruto, save it for later. Their claws are soaked in poison. We have to remove it from you immediately. We must open the wound and release the poisoned blood from your body. And don't move too much, the poison will spread" Kakashi's concerned expression caused the others to look at her hand.

" Tazuna-san" Kakashi's eye hardened

"Ohhhh....Someone is in trouble." Kiba dronned.

" W-what is it?" Stuttered Tazuna.

" I need to talk to you..." He replied with hint of menace, "They're the chunin from hidden mist village. They are known to keep fighting, no matter what." All of them looked at tied demon brothers.

"How did you read our moves?" One of the demon brothers asked.

"There was a puddle of water when it hadn't rain days...."

Tazuna looked at him angrily, "Why did you let the brats fight when you knew that!" He growled.

"If I wanted, I would've kill those two instantly. But....." Kakashi's visible narrowed at Tazuna, "I need to find who was their target was..."

Tazuna gulped, "What do you mean?"

"Meaning if they're are you or one of us..... If we had known about it. The mission would be set on B-rank. I'm you had your reasons but it causes problems when you lie about mission details. We are now operating outside our duties." He explained. Tazuna looked down looking guilty.

"We should quit!" Sakura chimed, " It's too advance for us and we also need to get Naruto's hand treated quickly."

Kakashi looked thoughtful, "Hmm.... Naruto's wound might become a problem... I think we should return to the village." Naruto looking pissed.

Without thinking, She took out her kunai and stabbed her wounded hand. All four people looked at her in alarm.

'Why there's so much difference! Why am I always....DAMN IT!!' She thought angrily.

Gaara stared at Naruto with interest.

"Naruto, what are you doing!!" Sakura's scream fell deaf in her ears.

'I should be becoming stronger....I have completed many missions and practice jutsu everyday by myself!' She screamed mentally, 'I'm not going to be saved ever again! I'm not going to be afraid and try to run! I won't loose to Sasuke! I swear it on this pain in my hand!'

"With this kunai," She was shaking badly. But the determination in her eyes never wavered, "I'll protect this old man! We're continuing the mission 'ttebayo!!" She vowed, flashing them a determined Grin.

"You gained my respect for that." Temari commented.

"Uhh...Naruto? That's really cool how you took the poison out and all but if you loose any more blood. you'll die." Kakashi explained in a cheerful tone.

Silence. Blood chirping.

Blue wavy lines of depression, or sadness appeared as the blood drained from her face.

She suddenly let out a horrific shriek, "No!! That's bad!! I can't die like that!!"

"And lost it." Temari sweatdropped.

"Seriously, Naruto.... You have a self-abusing personality called Masochism!" Retorted Sakura

"Nooooo.....Save me, Sensei!!" She screamed, pacing back and forth.

"You do realize that moving like that gonna make you loose faster." Tsunade raised her eyebrows.

Kakashi calmly knelt down before her, "Let me see."

"Was it that serious?" Asked Kushina worried.

Naruto smiled reassuringly and nodded her head 'no' , "The wound was already healed because of Kurama."

"Is that why he was making that face?"

"Yup!"

'Sensei's scary face...." She trembled, "Um....hey.... Am I gonna be....Ok?" She gulped.

Kakashi wrapped the bandage, "You should be fine...." she sighed in relief.

"Told you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 162 11
Have you ever remembered a stranger? Deja Vu is the phenomenon of having the strong sensation that an event or experience currently being experienced...
365K 7.3K 35
Do you get Deja Vu when she's with you do you get deja Vu (hmm) do you get Deja Vu - Deja Vu by Olivia Rodrigo Harry Styles x Fem OC! social media x...
2.7K 250 9
Ephemeral - lasting only for a short time The love which had no bounds, now just left some deep wounds, The jar of love which we thought we will kee...
891K 72.2K 67
A jolt. A small hitch in the rhythmic beating of my heart. Dèjà vu didn't even begin to describe it. ... My heart stopped, my breath jostled forward...