Sucker For Pain ⇒ SUICIDE SQU...

By -bucky

❝Don't get your panties in a bunch, Captain Patriotic,❞ she rolls her eyes at him, walking over to the cage... More

00 || Playlist + Cast
01 || I'm Not Here To Tell Jokes
02 || Who's Nirvana?
03 || Love is Just a Game, Soldier Boy
04 || I Am Not Your Partner
05 || Never Ask a Man To Do a Woman's Job
06 || Flashy Skills, Keller
07 || Firstly, That Was Racist
09 || Flag Cannot Know, Do You Hear Me, Keller?
10 || A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words
11 || I'm Sure Kissing Me Isn't Part Of Someone's Professional Life
12 || I'll Take Flaming Hot Cheetos
13 || Why Do We Always Have A Heart-To-Heart When I'm Drunk?
14 || I'll Fix This, Dig, I Promise You
15 || This Is A Trap
16 || You Were Lying To Me All Along!
17 || The Outsiders
18 || Tell Her Y'Love Her
19 || Michael?
20 || I'm Allergic
21 || Tell Him I Love Him!
22 || I Prefer To Call You: Grumpy Fireball
|| Epilogue ||
|| SEQUEL ||
|| KNOW BETTER ||

08 || A Son?!

7.3K 281 137
By -bucky

So if you have a minute, why don't we go

talk about it somewhere only we know

this could be the end of everything, so why don't we go

somewhere only we know?

Somewhere Only We Know ~ Lily Allen

___

After a few good hours of trying to summon the Enchantress, Rick and Sierra had given up, placing her heart back in the vault located somewhere in the base. It was the most frustrating part about the whole ordeal, especially when they worked their asses off trying to get the artifacts.

As soon Sierra got off the phone with her most trusted ally and vigilante-turned-superhero, she was back in the briefing room with the squad and the other soldiers from the base. They all sat in their respective seats, most with an evident hangover from the night before.

"Okay, guys!," Rick clapped his hands to get their attention.

They all winced at the loud sound coming from his actions. Even Sierra slightly winced at the ringing in her ears after the fact.

"C'mon, Flag," the Joker hissed, "your grape of a brain should understand that not all of us are up to par."

"Grape?," Sierra muttered, rubbing her ear, "More like a raisin."

"You better watch your tone, Keller?," he snapped at her.

"And you better watch your volume, Flag," she mocked.

Flag turned his head to the side, looking back at the small crowd of people in front of him in annoyance, "Last night you all had a blast, but now it's time to get back to work. We have to get down to the nitty gritty's of this whole plan, evaluating and analyzing everything of our tactics."

"How about we take five, get some Advil, and a few glasses of water each?," Sierra pipes up.

"That's the best idea I've heard all day," Harley groaned as she got up and walked out of the room with the others.

Rick shot Sierra a glare, but she couldn't care less at the moment. She turned her back to him, approaching the little backpack on the small table in front of her. She unzipped the side pocket and good out two Vicodin tablets and her bottle of water.

"Those don't look like Advil's, Keller," Rick pointed.

"Thanks, Captain Obvious," she rolled her eyes as she placed the oval-shaped pills in the palm of her right hand and gripped the bottle with her other.

"Those are prescription drugs, and they're strong opioids," he comments, "And I'm sure you don't have any chronic pain."

"Do you consider a hangover as chronic pain?," she sarcastically asks.

"No," he responds.

"It was a rhetorical question, Flag," she rolls her eyes.

"I don't think you should take those," he slowly grabs her wrist, gently squeezing it in his palm.

"You have your remedies and I have mine," she drops the bottle, tossing the pills in the air and catching them in her other hand. She quickly shoves them in her mouth, grabbing her opened bottle and taking two swigs.

"It's not a remedy," he remarks, "It's called 'an addiction'."

"Calm your man-boobs, Flag, I'm not a pill-popper," she sighs.

"I'm not sure I believe you," he narrows his eyes at her.

"You don't need to either, we have nothing to do with each other but work," she flexes her jaw as she takes another swig of her water bottle.

By this time, everyone started slowly filing back in the briefing room. They all took their seats again, a little more motivation and energy in their bodies, and a little wonder filling their eyes as they noticed the closeness of Rick's proximity to Sierra.

She slowly pushed off the table and cleared her throat, making everyone snap out of their pondering state of mind. She examined each and every one of them, then noticed Boomerang about to say something.

"So, how are we going to find her now?," he asked, his voice was in a low monotone, as if he was just asking the question to have a chance to talk to her.

"Good question, Dig—Boomerang," she corrected, "We have a little friend of mine on the way, shouldn't be too far, maybe a few more minutes."

"Unauthorized civilians can not come into a top secret ARGUS base," Rick fumed.

She smirked, "Who said he was unauthorized?"

"Who said he was a 'he'?," Harley gave Sierra a mischievous grin.

There was a sudden swing of the door, loudly thudding against the wall when opened, unveiling a man in the doorway. His silhouette seemed to darken the room, allowing hardly any sunlight in. His figure was tall and rigid, bringing back old memories of their time together way back when he told her he loved her and that they would run away together.

As he stepped in, his green hood let cast a shadow on his masked eyes. His uniform had certainly changed: he had short green sleeves, his shoulders were padded, a quiver hung over his shoulder carrying about a dozen arrows, and a bow was held tightly in his gloved hands.

"Woah, it looks like the Riddler and Superman had revenge sex and made you," Joker laughs at the man.

"Team, meet my...friend: The Green Arrow," Sierra smiled, motioning towards him.

After they all dished out a plan together, everyone had the rest of the day off. Sierra sat alone at one of the benches in the compound, swinging her legs slightly off the floor as she dangled from the height of this particular bench.

The Green Arrow, also known as Oliver Queen, came around the corner and sat beside her on the bench. His feet planted on the ground, proving his six feet and four inches of height, as he looked over at the sunsetting in the horizon.

"I know we haven't talked much for the passed five years, Errie," he breathes out, calling her by the nickname he had given her all those years back, "but I'm glad you called me."

"Well, desperate times call for desperate measures," he sighed.

"I just...I just wanted you to know that I'm sorry for happened all those years back," he explains, "I never meant to really hurt you, Errie."

"I'm over it, Ollie," she huffs, looking back at the sunset.

"I just wanted you to know that I didn't mean to go into what I did with Sara," he explains.

Fifteen years ago, Oliver met Sierra when she as working at his family mansion as their head of security in the Starling City Police Department. They both had a budding romance since they were the mere ages of twenty, carrying out their relationship for five years post meeting.

Ten years ago, Oliver had made the biggest mistake of his life when he had cheated on Sierra with the blonde haired daughter of Sierra's boss, her name was Sara Lance. As their infidelity bloomed, he had decided to take Sara on a weeks boat trip with his father, but only to find out that the boat wouldn't ever dock anywhere again.

Oliver returned five years ago, back to Starling City, in a miraculous rescue from a local fishing boat. The first thing he did when he got back was tell Sierra how much he had missed her.

"I know you sometimes wish me dead," he comments.

She chuckles at his remark, "Sometimes..."

"I'm sorry," he apologized, taking his hood off.

"It was ten years ago, Oliver, it's okay," she gave him a half-smile, then changing the topic and turning to him, "How've—."

Her sentence was cut short when his lips pressed onto hers. Granted, it was a short kiss, Sierra didn't want it at all, she didn't feel like she was kissing the Oliver Queen she once loved, it felt very mechanical and obligatory.

Rick eyed the pair from inside, his teeth was clenched and his head was fuming. He wanted to march up there and strangle the green-suited man, but he didn't know why. Unfortunately for him, he was too far to listen in to their conversation, so he just watched.

"I'm sorry, I just wanted to know if the spark was still there," he looked down momentarily.

"Was there?," she craned her neck down to meet his eye contact.

"No," he smiles, making her smile too, "You?"

"Nope," she chuckles softly, then going back to her question, "How's the notorious 'Starling City Wild Child slash Bachelor' been?"

"Well, I'll have you know that I've permanently settled down," he gives her a knowing look.

"Wow," she laughs, "I never thought the day would come."

"Things change, people change," he smiled, "My girlfriend told me that."

"Who's the lucky girl?," she smiles, leaning on her hand as she stared at Oliver.

"Her name's Samantha, Samantha Graham," he grins, thinking of her, "We have a son—."

"A son?!," she exclaims, "Wow, Ollie, I really underestimated you."

"She named him Connor," Oliver chuckles at her amazement, "Connor Hawke-Queen."

"Will Connor Hawke follow in his daddy's footsteps?"

"No, Connor's just an average kid, and he'll just be an average kid all his life," he shakes his head, "I mean, I don't want him to. All he knows is that daddy can shoot an arrow and mommy can do freaky stuff with her hands."

"So Samantha has powers too?," she nods as she thinks, "Another mutant?"

"No, they're hereditary," he explains, "Her brother and her inherited them from her father and their mother."

"So your plate is full, then?"

"Not as much as yours," he raises his eyebrows.

"What is that supposed to mean?," she knits her eyebrows together.

"C'mon, Errie, I've seen how you look at Colonel Flag," he rolls his eyes, laughing, "Don't play dumb."

"So what if I like him," she sighs, "I'm not getting at anything with him."

"And why not?," he raises a brow.

"He has a girlfriend, Ollie," she states.

"So?"

"Ollie, if I get with him, I'll be no better than you were ten years ago," she explains, "And when you cheated on me, it destroyed every fibre in my body, I don't want his girlfriend to feel like that."

"I understand where you're coming from, and I've read up on his little girlfriend," he states, "I went to Central City before I came here, and got research done at S.T.A.R Labs on the Enchantress, only to find out something that I think only Amanda Waller knows."

"What?," she leaned in.

"June Moon isn't coming back," he whispered, looking around to check if anyone was there, "It's too late. The Enchantress has consumed her, that's why her heart isn't drawing her back to you, it's because she's using June's."

"So you're saying that...," Sierra gulped.

"June Moon is dead."

___

So I hope you guys liked this chapter.

A little thing about Oliver Queen is that I made his character based off of my Oliver Queen book, so he won't follow the TV show's interpretation :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.4K 274 12
- Jackie Adanna; member of Task Force X. She knew the deal by now. Complete the mission, ten years off of her prison sentence. rick flag x fem!oc
425K 13.1K 24
❝She's a live wire.❞ ━ suicide squad ━ harley quinn
8.6K 165 13
After spending years in Belle Reve, you are found by Amanda Waller in hopes of recruiting you for Task Force X project due to your metahuman abilitie...
533K 23.4K 55
❝If you have never lost your sanity, then you have never been in love.❞ Meet Harley Quinn; She is not the Harleen she was anymore. She has changed fo...