The Nerd's Alter Ego

Par MariyaMaria24

Nichole Rider: The Nerd of the school. Quiet. Distant. Blends in the background. But has a secret. Alex... Plus

Ch 1: The Phoenix
Ch 2: Alter Ego
Ch 3: Home
Ch 4: Thruth
Ch 5: Kidnapped
Ch 6: Introduction
Ch 7: Specialty
Ch 8: Cage
Ch 9: Promise
Ch 11: Pouts
Ch 12: Birthday
Ch 13: Soar
Ch 14: Revealed
Ch 15: Surrender
Ch 16: Time
Ch 17: Math
Ch 18: Premature
Ch 19: Call
Ch 20: Coincidence
Ch 21: Kathrine
Ch 22: Blood
Ch 23: Travis
Ch 24: Trial
Ch 25: First
Ch 26: Taken
Ch 27: Solved
Ch 28: Phase 1
Ch 29: Beads
Ch 30: Showtime
Ch 31: Trigger
Ch 32: Arrest
Ch 33: Strawberries
Epilogue

Ch 10: Excitement

12.7K 361 102
Par MariyaMaria24

(unedited)

Alex's pov

I saw Nichole and Zac drive off. I said my thanks and goodbyes to the rest of the squad and started my own way back home. My house wasn't that far away from the main office, so it didn't take long. Well, it's not really a house. It was much more than that. Amy had fallen asleep, so I took her to her bedroom and asked her personal maids to attend to her. Then I went to my own bedroom,  went to the bed, took a pillow, and dug my face in it.

Then I screamed at the top of my lungs.

I can't believe Nichole is going to come to my place! 

I wasn't sure if I was scared or just excited. I've had many girls come over, but this is the first time that I felt this way. I don't even understand why. The girls that I brought over are always the popular kind, girls who would do anything to get in bed with a hot rich guy. But Nichole never thought of me that way. I don't think she looks at me as a guy at all. That kinda hurts.

Especially what she told Amy. Normally, when you invite someone in your house and offer them food, you usually consider them a friend. But I was nothing but a 'guest' to her, a classmate. I don't know why, but my chest started hurting every time I recalled that moment. 

I laid down on my bed, and looked out the window. Wow, it's already this late. The sun was setting. I got up and went to my closest. I changed into more comfortable clothes and decided that I'll sleep for a bit. I went back to my bed when I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in."

The door creaked open to show me my adorable little sister. She had changed into a night dress. She had the same idea as me, apparently.

"Alex, can I sleep with you?"

I noticed that she was kind of shaking, very little though. She was probably still scared. I smiled and opened my arms to her, "Sure."

She closed the door and came running to me. I picked her up and laid her down properly then laid down next to her. Now that I think about it, if it weren't for Amy, Nichole wouldn't be coming here at all. I smiled, "Thanks, Amy."

She was confused, "For what?"

I shook my head, "No special reason. By the way, what time do you want to call Nichole over for your birthday?"

She thought for a moment. "Lunch time."

So an hour after school should be good. "You also know that she's gonna come here once before, right?"

She nodded. "To practice, right?"

"That's one way to put it. When should I call her then?"

"Same time! I wanna eat too!" 

I frowned, "Then you're gonna eat the same thing again on your birthday?"

She shrugged a shoulder. "Why not?"

Guess she had a point. Though I didn't get to taste that sandwich, I was a hundred percent sure that it was delicious. I'm speaking from past experience. I could eat Nichole's cooking all my life and never get tired of it. I wish I could eat it all my life. Scratch that. I did not say that. Nope, not at all.

Amy and I kept talking about a few things, then we both drifted off to sleep.

Next day

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!!!!!!!

How is it freaking possible that Nichole and I have the same schedule but we can't talk to each other in school at all?!

Every time that I try to approach her, something interrupts. Whether it's the bell, girls who're begging for after school dates, teachers and their lessons. It's like the world is against me talking to her!

The bell rang again signaling the start of the last period for the day. I sighed and decided that I'll just meet her at her locker. She did promise me she'd wait for me. I packed my stuff and made my way over to biology. I hated biology, especially because my partner. Natalie Grace is the queen of clingy girls. And those are the type of people I just can't stand.

Today, apparently, we were gonna learn how to test our blood types. When the teacher said that, Nichole silently got up, took her bag and went to the teacher's desk. The teacher gave her the worksheet that we had to fill out and made her way to leave the classroom. The teacher didn't do anything to stop her.

"Excuse me?!" Natalie got up and stopped her. She looked incredulously at the teacher. "Why is Nichole leaving the classroom?" 

I was wondering the same thing but I wouldn't have asked that with malice in my voice. Since Natalie was a typical popular girl who picked on the weak, she always picked fights with Nichole. Not that she ever won any of them, since Nichole had the secret weapon of being able to speak fluent sarcasm and had also perfected the art of ignoring.

The teacher simply shrugged, "Because it's my job as a teacher to take care of my students."

Natalie put a hand on her hip. "And how is letting her skip a lesson taking care of her?"

Ms. Kendall sighed, "Natalie what do you have against Nichole leaving the classroom?"

She rolled her eyes, "I hate her because looking at her makes me sick. She's just a poor geek who doesn't even have enough decency to change her hairstyle. She doesn't even have any friends."

Nichole just looked at Natalie with amusement, because she knew she wasn't anything Natalie just said. But I was different; I got really angry at Natalie for saying that stuff about Nichole. I mean, who gave her the right to do that? Nichole was an amazing person and I wasn't gonna let anyone talk bad about her. But I was interrupted before I could say anything.

"Nichole Rider is nobody, so why does she get to leave the classroom when I am stuck here? I'm clearly the one who has first right to leave the classroom."

Okay, that's too much, "Natalie, we're in a classroom," I said. "Everyone here is equal. You're not any better than she is." In fact, she's at least a thousand times better.

She looked offended, "Alex, how can she be on the same level as me?"

The teacher was done, "Ms. Grace, that's enough! Ms. Rider is an excellent student, much more so than you. At least she pays attention in class. Now sit back down." She looked at Nichole with an apologetic look. "I'm sorry, dear, please go ahead."

She nodded her head in respect and proceeded. But again was interrupted by Natalie. "This isn't fair! Why is she leaving, I demand an answer!"

I glared at Natalie, but she didn't see. What's her problem? Nichole probably had some personal reason.

The teacher sighed, as if trying to control her anger. "That is personal information that I'm not allowed to give."

"It's okay, Ms. Kendall," Nichole sighed as well. "You can tell her."

"Are you sure?" When she nodded, the teacher looked at Natalie. "Nichole is leaving the class because we will be working on blood types and Nichole has hemophobia. It means she is afraid of blood. And we don't want anyone fainting here so she's excused from class."

I didn't know she was afraid of blood, I guess I have to thank Natalie for the information. Not that I will.

Because she still wasn't convinced, "What if she's just faking?"

"I wouldn't know if she is faking or not. All I know is that her guardian had written in her student profile that she has hemophobia. Therefore, it's my job as a teacher to make sure she's not exposed to blood. Now, have a seat. You're holding up the entire class."

She was about to argue more and that's when I really had it. "Natalie." She looked at me, and I glared at her. "Quit it."

She gaped at me, "Wait, don't tell me you actually take her side? She's just a little-"

"Natalie. Don't make me repeat myself." Of course I took her side. She was a million times better than you, I thought.

She gulped, then sat back down. I looked at Nichole who was looking at me with a surprised slash amused face. "Sorry about that. Go ahead."

She nodded, then left without another word. The teacher began the lesson, and throughout the entire class, she tried to pick on Natalie. Just to make her feel bad. But I only had one thought in my head. Since this is the last class of the day, and Nichole is excused from it, then she can just go home. 

Then how is she going to keep her promise?

About a few days later (note the exaggeration) the bell rang and I quietly packed up and made my way to the exit. Nichole's locker comes on the way outside, so if she's there, I'll meet her and if not, then I wouldn't have to take a detour. I walked really slowly, going to my own locker first. Then I was on my way outside. 

After a while, a voice said, "About time."

I looked up to see Nichole leaning against her locker. "You sure took your sweet time."

I rubbed my eyes to make sure she was real. "Why are you here?"

She rolled her eyes behind her glasses. "Because I promised you, duh."

"But you could've gone home."

"And I would've too, but I'm not someone who goes back on my word."

A smile slowly spread itself on my face. I was so happy inside that she kept her promise that I couldn't help but chuckle. She frowned, "Am I missing a joke?"

I shook my head. "Nah, don't worry about it. Anyway, this Friday, how's lunch time? You can come anytime after school and before sunset."

She nodded. "Cool with me. Well, then see you."

What? No! I grabbed her arm, stopping her. "What? Is there anything else? I'm pretty sure that's the only thing I waited for."

No, it's just that I wanted to talk to you for a while longer. As if I can ever say that! "Um, I didn't know you had a fear of blood."

She frowned in confusion. "Really? I though you were psychic. How didn't you know?"

I furrowed my eyebrows then burst out laughing. "God, your sarcasm is so amazing, for a second I thought you were serious."

"Yeah, that's cause you're stupid." She rolled her eyes. 

She's probably the only person alive in the world who can say that without getting me offended. "I'll see you tomorrow, then."

She nodded and left. I followed a few feet behind. When we got outside, I learned that she went home on a bicycle. I learned a lot of things about Nichole today. Okay, two but still. It was plenty.

I was getting excited to find out more.

I probably shouldn't be feeling that way.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

707K 2.7K 66
lesbian oneshots !! includes smut and fluff, chapters near the beginning are AWFUL. enjoy!
192K 9.4K 55
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းက ရင့်ကျက်ပြီး အတန်းခေါင်းဆောင်အမြဲလုပ်ရတဲ့ ကောင်လေး ကျော်နေမင်း ခြူခြာလွန်းလို့ ကျော်နေမင်းက ပိုးဟပ်ဖြူလို့ နာမည်ပေးခံရတဲ့ ကောင်မလေး နေခြ...
141K 3K 25
***COMPLETED*** A story of a girl who was once bullied, and writes letter to her boyfriend, but never sends them. Or does she?
39.8K 902 45
"If you find happiness in this world, Daryl," he said. "You better cherish it, because you don't know how much it's going to last. Hap...