radiance | baekhyun

By soartdeco

he controlled light; manipulated it, made it into whatever his heart desired. at least, that's what he though... More

prologue
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
epilogue
from em

23

1.4K 88 39
By soartdeco

Driving. 02:20.

as his hand rested, ten to two, on the steering wheel, baekhyun still felt the tremors making their way up and down his arms, coursing through his scarlet veins and his blue blood. he felt the fire burning within, igniting his senses.

where they were going was out of the question now. didn't care. he just wanted to escape, with her. baekhyun was close to succumbing to the exhaustion that was beginning to creep through his aching fingers and itching limbs, the adrenaline tiring him out. but he continued, forcing his eyes to stare ahead, the light wind caressing his skin.

roma was fast asleep, curled up in the passenger seat, legs folded up into a seated position. stray strands of hair flitted across her face, the slightly-open window blowing a soft breeze onto her pale skin.

her mouth hung open a little bit, pink lips evident even in the dim lighting. baekhyun admired the way her cheeks were still tinted a shade of red, even as she slept. baekhyun even noticed the ladders in her black tights, by the way her legs were propped up on the seat, exposing parts of her skin.

she was so fucking beautiful. baekhyun reached out a hand to gently touch hers, and she moved slightly, turning from one side to the other, her small body shifting, a light noise ensuing from her form.

baekhyun smiled. he was happy, he thought. happiness. the word sounded nice, playing over in his head; peaceful, mind at ease.

the motorway was fairly empty, few cars rushing past. baekhyun savoured in his power, savoured the soothing vision of the highway lights rushing past, adding to his euphoric state. fingers continously itched at the wheel, tapping away excitedly; like he was alive again.

he'd been able to do it. control what he thought he'd lost. roma's touch had been ever-present, her fingers having tightly grabbed hold of his hand.

her touch, her kiss, her tongue, still lingered on his lips, the taste of her like the night time and stardust. roma's movements were always hesitant and tentative, unsure through her inexperience. but tonight, she kissed him with as much fervour as he did her, igniting him with her soft skin and red lips.

baekhyun knew that this warm feeling in his chest, expanding, was something different to the light. something more, something that she controlled.

he didn't want to think about that right now. didn't have to think about it.

he sighed happily, relaxing his shoulder and back muscles into the car seat. minutes, endless moments, passed comfortably, baekhyun's lips fixated into a content smile. the warm darkness surrounded the speeding vehicle, dashed, white lines disappearing underneath the car. the road was limitless.

highway roads began to dematerialise, changing into more winding pavements and pathways. few dotted houses and homes occupied the vicinity. baekhyun couldn't read the road signs or street names very well, as he followed them blindly.

to his side, baekhyun heard shifting, and he turned to see roma waking, rubbing her eyes, smudging her black eyeliner in the process. one arm stretched above her head, bright eyes opening, taking in her sudden surroundings. slowed movements.

she breathed out heavily, placing her feet down onto the floor.

baekhyun spoke, quietly, after a minute or so. "hey," he mumbled, a smile prominent in his tone.

he noticed her smile against the darkness.

"hey," she grinned sleepily, intent on him, rubbing her eyes one more time.

"you alright?"

"bit tired, yeah," she said, voice thick with sleep.

their entire interaction was so casual, the whole thing seeming strange considering what had just happened. as he thought more about it, he came to terms with how exposed he'd let himself become. baekhyun had never shown that to anyone. utter control, no-one had ever seen before. he didn't quite think of the consequences until now.

he reached over to gently squeeze her thigh. he heard her breath hitch in her throat, and her heart was probably thumping in her chest, still not used to his affection.

"sh-should we stop somewhere?" roma inquired. "aren't you tired?"

"yeah, i was thinking of this place..." baekhyun trailed off, hoping that his exhaustion hadn't messed up his intentions.

he heard roma whisper something.

//

Vannes. 02:56.

he could almost smell the sea, taste the salt in his mouth. it was dark, everything between the sky and the ground an unmoving mass, but baekhyun could see more clearly than ever, sharpened senses allowing him to focus on driving.

roma was more awake now, moving in her seat, wanting to see where they were going, looking out the window. he could hear her breathing pierce the silence of the car. baekhyun rolled the window down, watching as roma sat upwards and let the wind seep through her long hair, her hands clutching the edge. imagined her shutting her eyes tightly, and savouring the moment. like he was.

"almost there, i think," he spoke softly.

they turned, baekhyun parking the car right on the sea front. the black rails were visible amid the strip of dark and wavering ocean. engine was cut off abruptly. baekhyun still felt at ease; his content frame of mind making it easier to enjoy the moment.

white face of the moon sat peacefully in the centre of the sky, its brightness--its luminosity--emanating out into the far corners of the dark indigo expanse before them. its light radiated onto the sea, creating an eerie shadow, one that entranced him.

"where are we?" roma asked, whispering inquisitively. she unbuckled her seatbelt.

"i don't really know, to be honest," baekhyun laughed, in a mellow manner. he was tired.

their voices were so quiet, resonating, bouncing off of the interior of the car. the swooshing sound of the waves was audible.

baekhyun wondered if she was scared.

roma was grinning, and he hadn't seen that in a while, and she looked like an angel; beaming, glowing amid the darkness that was his own. blue eyes stared into brown.

lips spread even further into a wide smile, letting out a small, impromptu laugh.

leaning forward, she kissed him, slowly but confidently.

their lips stayed touching as baekhyun laughed breathily--happiness flooding through him--and reached forwards to gently hold her chin.

she stared into him, her smile still painted across her beautifully glowing face. absolute goddess.

"i--"

"come on, let's go," she giggled, nudging his nose with hers, her actions swift as she pulled him up and yanked open the car door.

he followed quickly, legs kicking out from underneath him.

"roma, wait," he laughed.

she was already leaning against the silver railings, arms extended as the wind wafted between her fingers. hair was being blown backwards, as baekhyun slammed the door shut to join her. sharp sound echoed around the emptied surroundings.

the words itched at the back of his throat.

so many words.

baekhyun circled his arms around roma's waist, standing at the back of her. he felt her relax into his chest, her warmth emanating onto him, hair flying into his face.

his breath hitched.

roma swivelled her head to the side, so she was looking up at him from underneath her long, fluttering eyelashes. her small tongue poked in between her pink lips, her eyes narrowing in on him. she always looked like she was trying to figure him out.

"baekhyun, i just..." she began, her tone serious.

"what, love?"

"i just wanted to say thank you." she spoke softly, her lips curling, teasing him unintentionally. looked like she was about to smile. her mouth hung open slightly amid the cool, night air.

"for what?" he whispered, nudging his nose against her forehead.

she paused. didn't answer. perhaps for dramatic effect.

"for showing me."

so quiet. baekhyun felt the tremors again, light but there, tingling down his spine and up and through his arms. his hands. electricity.

it was her.

"are you not...i mean, are you...okay with everything?"

baekhyun fumbled with his words, stuttering and stammering like roma normally did. the whole scenario seemed so strange. baekhyun had never revealed himself; he'd never opened himself up to someone before. not to this extent.

memories suddenly flooded to him, remnants of the sky alighting by his command, the colours swirling into one. image of the flashing lights vanishing as he wished it, plunging the city streets and towering buildings into no light. no light.

an unusual and unfamiliar grin was playing on roma's lips, her hand slowly gliding up his arm. igniting sparks. baekhyun was tired before, but not anymore.

"i've never felt more okay."

the statement was said with a breathlessness that made baekhyun's heart thump in his chest. his laugh blew breath out from his lips.

"nothing's ever felt more real," she continued, turning herself around so her back was pressed against the railings with the force of his body.

soft sound of the strong and dark blue waves colliding with the sandy and similarly dark shore resounded off of the empty pier.

their exhaustion had been overcome, both awake and alive from breathing in each other's heavy breaths and proximity of their skin. baekhyun reached up to touch her cheek, roma smiling in return. the weird feeling in his stomach was foreign, something he'd never experienced before.

"baekhyun," roma said, speaking as if his name was a question. he took note of her brave tone, senses pricking up.

"yeah?"

their foreheads rubbed together.

"what are we?"

the question took him aback. baekhyun could tell that roma's nerves were increasing, heightened by his body resting on hers, her leg propped up on the railing. she was holding onto the ends of his jacket, toying with the zipper.

"i don't know," he answered truthfully.

god, he wanted to kiss her.

baekhyun felt disheartened at the look of slight disappointment on her pale features.

"i just thought, you know, since everything that's happened...i don't know, like, i thought maybe we were...more than just--"

she was mumbling, cheeks reddening, eyes looking to the ground to avoid his gaze.

baekhyun kissed her, hard, and like he meant it, and like he wanted to tell her something but couldn't quite put it into the right words.

he was chuckling now.

"you mean, like, boyfriend and girlfriend," baekhyun mumbled jokingly into her ear. he could almost feel her smiling.

baekhyun's own heart was fluttering, his entire state shaken. despite their differences in personality, baekhyun had never encountered a situation like this before. he was the more experienced of the two, having gone out--more times than he'd like to admit--with kai and sehun and ending the night with a group of tightly-dressed, high-heeled girls who weren't looking for commitments.

but roma was something else. the thought of her not being here, in this moment, with him, made his heart wrench. because, fuck, she was beautiful and shy and clumsy and in this moment, he didn't want anyone else.

roma hadn't replied to his last comment, simply turning her head away but with a knowing and cute smile playing on her lips.

"be my girlfriend," he chuckled, his voice so quiet against her lips, wrapping his arms tighter around her body. he felt her heart thudding erratically.

he was so alive. roma kissed him as her response, and he knew that, as he watched the lights disappearing in his peripheral vision, that this had gone way too far.

baekhyun heard her whisper something, again.

//

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.8K 1.2K 17
I spent a night filled with passion in Kim Jongin's arms. It had unexpected complications. I followed it with a multitude of wrong decisions.
11.8K 455 32
*SEUQUEL IS NOW OUT UNDER THE NAME "YOU DONT OWN ME"* .. He was a cold blooded killer but somehow I was drawn closer to him. It felt wrong but it fel...
144K 3.5K 24
"You're not my type" "We'll see about that, Mr. Perfect" ♡ Completed A Baekhyun fanfic
41.2K 3K 56
[complete] Byun Baekhyun needs to be in control. With his successful business and his upcoming wedding to his handsome fiancé, Sehun, things couldn't...