Divergent High: College Life

By annaeliza247

➽Sequel to Divergent High. I suggest that you read the first one before you read this. ➽It's been two years s... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
fourty-seven
fourty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
fifty-one
fifty-two
fifty-three
hey guys!

twenty-three

2.2K 44 27
By annaeliza247

Update on Tobias and I's living situation for this year: we finally found a furnished apartment in Tempe for $700 a month. That's kind of a lot for us right now, but we don't have to pay extra for the furniture, or the pool, or the workout facility, which is fantastic.

It's the very very beginning of August now, and we get into the apartment in a week and a half, football and volleyball practice starts in two weeks, school starts in three weeks, and Shauna is due in a week. Tobias and I'll first fly to LAX, have Caleb come pick us up, stay the night at the beach house, then take one of the the cars and drive it for five hours to Tempe so we have a car.

So much is happening, my brain is fried.

Anyway, I should probably get out of bed, because I've been here all day and it's almost one in the afternoon. I roll over and kiss Tobias.

"I'm gonna take a shower," I say.

"Want me to go with you?" he asks, pulling me on top of him.

"That does sound nice, but not today," I respond, kissing him again before getting up and walking to the bathroom, grabbing a towel on the way.

After a (what I think is quick) fifteen minute shower, I wrap myself and my hair in towels and walk back into my room and then my closet to get dressed.

I put on a black and white striped halter cropped tight tank, distressed shorts, red high top converse, a double triangle necklace, gold bangles, gold clasp bracelets with beads, a gold leafy arm cuff, an etched/cutout ring, a heart ring, an eye ring, an teardrop shaped opal ring, a cat ring, and the turquoise stone stud earrings I wear all the time. Oh my God, I have way to many pairs of converse.

I go back into my room, and take my hair out of the towel and blow dry it, then I curl it and put an Adidas baseball hat on. I do simple makeup, foundation, concealer, blush, a little eyeshadow, mascara, and my favorite matte pinkish lipstick I got off amazon.

"Hey babe, remember we have to Cubs game tonight at seven," Tobias comments.

"Oh, right," I respond and trade my Adidas hat for a royal blue and red Cubs snapback flat billed baseball hat that Tobias gave me for my birthday.

Hey, I'll need something to wear when Tobias plays for them next year, along with my number four Eaton jersey of course!

"That better?" I ask Tobias as I walk over to him and crawl on top of him.

"Yep," he replies before kissing me.

"Ew, go shower! Too much BO!" I laugh and roll off him, covering my nose with my hand.

"I do not!" He scoffs, but gets up anyway. He leans down and kisses me one more time before waking to the bathroom to take a shower. I laugh and turn up the volume for the episode of Real housewives of Orange County I'm watching. I love this show!

(A/N: lol I love this show too, Tris! It's like we're the same person! Haha, just kiddin, she not real😂😭 whenever I'm watching this show, I randomly shout, "Shannon Beador, shut the door! Shannon Beador, you little whore!"😏 At the top of my lungs and my mom laughs at me😂 Good job coming up w that one Tamra!)

Tobias walks back into the room around 20 minutes later with a towel around his waist and nothing on his upper body.

"Tobias why are you're abs so hot?!" I whine, and walks over and lays on top of me.

"Thanks babe," he responds, casual as hell. I love him, he's so calm, cool, and collected (except when he's drunk), and I'm such a crazy spunky weirdo freak show over here. That's why he loves me though.
✄  ✄  ✄  ✄  ✄
"Hey babe, do you wanna eat here, or get dinner at the game?" I shout to Tobias from the kitchen while grabbing a pint of Ben and Jerry's chocolate fudge brownie ice cream and a spoon.

I walk into the kitchen and sit on the couch next to Tobias. We're watching more Grey's Anatomy because we're in too deep already and we can't get out now. There are honestly lots of late nights binge watching this show.

"Here's fine," he replies while I take a spoonful of the ice cream and eat it. "Hey did you get me a spoon?"

"No. You don't like this kind," I lie with a smug smile on my face.

"You liar! You know I like anything chocolatey!"

"Yeah, I was just hoping you wouldn't notice," I laugh and hand him the spoon and tub of chocolatey goodness.

"That's what I thought."

"So anyway, about dinner," I say when Tobias gives the spoon and ice cream back to me, "Mom and Dad are in New York right now so we're on are own."

"Dominoes?"

"That's fine, just a large pepperoni?"

"Yeah."

"Good."

I take my phone out of my pocket and call Dominoes.

The pizza comes a little under twenty minutes after the call, so I get up from the couch to pay for it and then take it to the kitchen. Tobias follows me holding the ice cream and then puts it in the freezer and the spoon in the sink.

We eat while standing up at the island in the kitchen, and finish the whole box in under 30 minutes.

"Your face is so greasy," I comment to Tobias. He then grabs my face and kisses me all over, getting pizza grease everywhere on my face, and I shriek. "My makeup!"

Tobias gives me one last kiss on the lips. "You're fine."

"No I'm not," I say, grabbing a towel from the handle on the oven. I wipe the grease off my face with the towel and then put it back on the handle.

It's a little after 6:30, and the game starts at seven, so we clean up after ourselves in the kitchen, then I grab my purse from the coat rack in the living room, and then we head out the door to my car, which I have Tobias drive.
✄  ✄  ✄  ✄  ✄
About five days later, Tobias and I are watching more Grey's Anatomy (GUYS. This show has a grip on us so tight, and it won't let go! I'm not really complaining though), when Tobias's phone buzzes beside him.

"It's Uriah," he says and answers the phone call. I turn the volume down and look at him. "Hey Uriah," pause. "No we're just watching TV," pause. "Oh really?" pause. "Yeah, we'll leave right now," pause. "Okay, see you there," pause. "Bye," he hangs up and then stands up.

"What's up?"

"That was Uriah, Zeke and Shauna are at the hospital right now. They think it's time."

"Think?"

"Yeah I guess."

"Okay." I stand up and speed walk to my closet and grab black TOMS and my purse.

We run does the stairs and out he door towards the car. Tobias gets in on the driver side and I sit on the opposite side.

He speeds off to the hospital, and we get there in a few minutes.

"I feel like we should have something," I say, unbuckling my seatbelt.

"Yeah. Balloons from the gift shop?"

"Perfect." We get out of the car and run to the gift shop to get 'It's a boy!' balloons, and then walk to the maternity wing.

We run into Uriah and Marlene when we turn the corner, and Uriah is carrying a huge teddy bear.

"Hey guys," Marlene says.

"Hey," I reply.

"Isn't weird how our little group is going from nine to ten?" she asks while she and Uriah swing their arms back and forth as they walk.

"I wouldn't call it little anymore," Tobias says, making us all laugh.

About fifty feet away, Lynn walks out of a room, with her head down, and her short hair messy, as she leans on the wall.

"Lynn," Uriah calls, as we all start walking a little slower. "What's going on? Are Shauna and the baby okay?"

Lynn slowly lifts her head to look at us, and I pull myself closer to Tobias as he tightens his grip around my shoulders.

"Shauna is, the baby isn't," she finally answers and I let go of the balloons and bury my head in Tobias's chest. He tightly hugs me, and rests his chin on top of my head.

This is awful.

We separate after a few minutes, and sit down with our backs against the wall. Christina pulls Will around the corner, and her big smile falters a bit.

"What's happening? Why's everyone so upset?"

Someone tells her, although I can't quite tell who.

I don't know how much time has passed when Zeke walks out and Tobias stands up. I wipe the tears from my cheeks and under my eyes as I look up to Zeke and Tobias. They hug, and I can see Zeke is really trying not to fall apart.

"You look hungry," Tobias says when they pull apart. "Let's get you some food."

"Okay," is all Zeke manages to say as they walk to the cafeteria.
𖤐 𖤐 Tobias POV: 𖤐 𖤐
I get a table while Zeke goes to find something for himself to eat. He walks up to the table with a chocolate muffin, and sits down next to me. He puts his head in his hands and stays like that for a few minutes.

"I just don't understand, you know? You know that I'm not like religious at all, or anything, but I do believe there's a God and that everything happens for a reason. But why, why, would he do this to us? We were so happy, and ready, but then this shit happens!" I don't speak or anything, because he's my best friend, and I know what happens when you interrupt him while he's ranting.

"We went through so much this year," he continues, "I just don't get why it all had to be taken away from us. We've come this far, why take it away now? It doesn't make any sense!" He looks like he's about to smash the muffin instead of eat it, so he runs his hand through his hair to relieve some stress, I think.

"It'll get better," I say when it starts to become silent. It's a stupid thing to say, but better than 'I'm sorry,' I guess.

"When?" he asks. "'Cause Shaun's in that room, blaming herself for everything. She won't even listen to me trying to tell that it's not her fault. So when, Four, when will it ever get better?"

"I'm not sure."

"Exactly. You don't know. You don't understand. This is a real shitty thing to go through, and I wouldn't wish it on anybody." He slams his fist down on the muffin, stands up, shakes his hand off, and walks out the door.

I pick up the muffin wrapper, and throw the whole thing in the trash before following Zeke back to the maternity wing.
✎ ✎ ✎ ✎ ✎
A/N: omg guys, that last part broke my heart to write, I'm sorry Sheke❤️ aaaanyway, sorry this took a little longer to write.
I'm so freakin excited! Tomorrow I have volleyball open gym and I got brand new TRUE VOLLEYBALL shoes and they're amazing and I love them😍😍😍
Ilya!!!😘😘😘😘
-Аɴɴα🐢🌊🐶✌🏼️🌴💘🐱🌲🦁🦄💕💕💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.9K 515 19
This story follows the characters from Divergent as if they were in college. The main characters are Tris, Tobias, Shauna, Zeke, Uriah, Marlene, Lynn...
814 7 22
This is a story if Tris had had a normal initiation and her and Tobias were able to have a normal life... It is a story about 3-4 years after Tris wa...
73.3K 2.1K 41
Tris... She has a passion for snowboarding and her family owns a ski lodge. She has a group of friends that all look out for each other, and everyone...
298K 7.3K 50
What if Tris didn't die in Allegiant but everyone else thinks she's dead. What will she do now that she has survived? Will she ever find her way back...