Best Friend's Father

By sparklehaze

Ashton Irwin never expected to fall in love with his son's best friend Luke Hemmings, but that's the funny th... More

Redder than Sebastian from the Little Mermaid.
You only want me for my money
I think you'd be great with a sponge
Girl problems
I like the pain
Cloud Nine
shame game
Drama queen
In dreamland
Like some lovesick teenager
Bone crushing
Something anything
Creep
Butterflies
Rainbow
Forever and always
Fancy
Hopeful eyes
Nicknames
Disgust
Happy
Settle
Celebrate
Say
Madly in love
Promise
Forgive
Cry
We never stopped
A/N
His two boys
shame game part 2
Cloud of happiness
Like teenagers
Home
Judge
Play
Figure it out
Gem
Dream
HELP

Epilouge

5.5K 213 120
By sparklehaze

Six Years Later

"Come say goodbye to your brother!" Liz called up the stairs for the triplets to come down the stairs.

"Oh!" Luke cried in surprise as his little sister Emma wrapped her arms around his knees.

"Bye Lukey," she said with her long blonde hair, similar to Luke's and the sparkliest blue eyes. She was a carbon copy of Luke, tall and loud.

"Bye Emma. I love you but I'll be back soon," Luke said bending down to pepper his sister's face with kisses.

"Bye Lukey. I love you," she said giving Luke one last kiss on his cheek before pulling away.

As soon as she pulled away two pairs of little arms took her place.

"Alex," Luke groaned as the six year pinched his bum.

"That's not nice," Luke chided as he picked his little brother up kissed him.

"Bye Luke. I'll miss you," Alex said shyly as Luke put him down

"I'll miss ya too bub," Luke replied ruffling his shaggy blonde hair.

"Now where's my last sibling?" Luke asked playfully bending down to the youngest triplet, Dylan. He was definitely the most quiet of all the Hemmings children. Alex and Emma usually ran about the house getting themselves into all kinds of trouble but Dylan would quietly sit on the floor playing with his toys or reading a book.

"You be good for me buddy," Luke said as he took Dylan's little hands in his.

"I will Lukey," the child responded.

"Take care of your brother and sister," Luke said before telling him that he'll miss him and giving him a tight hug.

"Okay bye guys," he said standing up and smiling at them one last time before kissing his mother goodbye and leaving the house.

"Have fun Luke," his father called out as he got in the car.

"Thanks dad. I will," Luke replied shooting his dad a smile before getting in the car.

Things between Luke and his father have gotten remarkably better. Luke came to an understanding that his father did in fact change, he's been sober for ten years now and has no plan on changing that because he agrees alcohol does make him a monster. A monster that abandoned his family when they needed him and he wasn't about to let history repeat itself.

As soon as he pulled out of the driveway and into the highway he got an incoming call from his best friend.

"Hello?" Luke asked putting his phone on speaker.

"Luke! Where are you?? The flight leaves in two hours!" Calum yelled at him.

"I'll be there. I promise, I'm on my way," Luke sighed

"It's my wedding Luke. I shouldn't be this stressed," Calum complained.

"I know babe I know. I'm on my way. Literally a few meters away," Luke reassured.

"You better be. Hey! No dad! Don't-" Calum yelled as Ashton pulled the phone away from him.

"Hey gem, take your time and don't rush. We've web checked so as long as you're here within the hour you'd be fine," Ashton's voice told him instantly causing Luke to grin

"Okay. Thanks love, bye," Luke said

"Wait! Tell him if he messes this up I'll kill him," Calum warns in the background causing Luke to snort.

"I won't hesitate to refund the flights that I paid for," Ashton scolded.

"I'm 23 dad. Threats like that don't work on me anymore," Calum huffed

"Okay bye guys. Be there soon," Luke said breaking up a fight that was going to start between father and son.

Luke sighed as he approached the airport. He was excited, he was going Tokyo, Japan but he was also a little sad and dare say jealous. His friend had everything working out for him. He's a studying doctor with an amazing boyfriend. Luke is one too, a soon to be phycologist with an amazing boyfriend minus the marriage part.

It seems that every single one of his friends seemed to be getting married or engaged. Calum was the first when Michael proposed to him three years ago then it was his university friend Dallas and just last week his other friend James popped the question to his girlfriend.

Luke was in a very long term relationship with a man he loved and although they've never discussed marriage, Luke thought it would've happened by now. That he'd be the one with the ring on his finger and lovely wedding.

He tried to shake these negative thoughts out of his head as he pulled into the airport carpark. After making a few rounds he finally found a space and pulled his luggage out of the trunk.

He locked the vehicle and then made his way to the shuttle that would take him to his terminal.

Luke smiled to himself as he took in the surroundings, the happy giggles of children who were about to go on a vacation and the stressed sighs of business men who thought this shuttle couldn't move any slower. The airplanes came into view, big and long and it had Luke thinking, that maybe if he had the guts he could be a pilot. Just spread his wings and fly.

He got off the shuttle and entered the cool airport immediately looking for his airline's check in counter.

"Hi thank you for flying with JapanAir. Can I have your passport?" The friendly blonde girl greeted as Luke approached her. He handed his document over to her trying to ignore the sparkle of diamond on her left ring finger.

After collecting his boarding pass he made his way to the gate where his dream and friends were waiting.

"Finally!" Calum exclaimed when he saw Luke.

"Thank god you came now. He was about to come and get you himself," Mikey chuckled.

"Excuse me if I want my wedding to go perfectly," Calum snapped getting a little irritated.

"Hey no it's fine. Everything will go smoothly I promise Calum," Luke said as he pulled his friend into a hug.

"I know," Calum sighed as he let go of Luke.

"Hey gem," Ashton said as Luke turned to face him.

"Hi," Luke said simply giving Ashton a kiss on the cheek.

"You good?" Ashton asked seeing Luke's sad expression.

"Just fine," Luke lied.

"Okay," Ashton said knowing Luke was not telling the truth but he chose to ignore that. Much like how Luke ignored him the entire flight to Japan.

=•=

"Luke?" Ashton asked softly as they entered their hotel room.

"Yeah?" Luke asked gulping as he knew what was going to happen.

"What's wrong?" Ashton asked so concerned.

"It's nothing Ash," Luke sighed.

"Then why aren't you talking to me?" Ashton asked in a small voice almost as if he was afraid to talk to Luke.

"It's fine really, I'm fine," Luke answered turning around and giving him a weak smile.

"I didn't ask if you were fine. I asked why you're not talking to me. Did I do something?" Ashton asked taking a couple steps towards Luke.

"I don't wanna fight," Luke pouted.

"Then what's wrong my gem?" Ashton asked coming and pulling Luke into his strong arms.

It was quiet for a moment before Luke sighed loudly.

"It's just being here and watching Calum get married to the love of his life," Luke confessed hiding his face in Ashton's shoulder from his dream's reaction.

"Oh," Ashton replied dumbly, unsure of what to say.

"Yeah," Luke said weakly afraid that this ruined his vacation.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Ashton sled pulling Luke away from him.

"Because I didn't want to fight," Luke said

"Why did you think we'd fight? Do you think I don't wanna marry you?" Ashton asked a little hurt.

"Well you haven't displayed otherwise!" Luke snapped.

"Well sorry if I'm a little weary that my first marriage didn't go as planned," Ashton said.

"I know Ashton. I know. I know you're scared but I love you, forever and always," Luke said sincerely

"It's not that-"

"Then what is it! Am I not good enough? Don't you want to marry me?"

"Luke stop overreacting. Yes I love you and yes you're good enough and yes I want to marry you," Ashton said exasperated.

"Then why aren't we getting married?" Luke questioned, his blue eyes filling with tears.

"I didn't know you wanted to! I didn't know marriage was something you wanted now," Ashton confessed

"We've been together for six years. I want a ring on your finger because I want you to be mine forever and for everyone to see we made it.  We did it. Don't you want that? Haven't you been thinking of that?" Luke asked getting angry.

"Well I didn't want to marry you to prove a point Luke."

"Fùck you," Luke said

"No fuck you. You're getting mad for no reason," Ashton spitted out.

"Because I just wanna marry you," Luke said his voice cracking and a few tears making their way down his cheek. If Ashton was in a good mood, he'd be a good boyfriend and comfort Luke. But Ashton was in a pissed off mood.

"Well why didn't you do something about it?" Ashton yelled.

"Fine I will," Luke said furiously wiping his tears.

"Ashton Irwin, will you marry me?" He asks getting down on one knee, in the middle of a hotel room.

"No," Ashton said. And it wasn't the word that made Luke angry mostly, it was the way Ashton said it. The way he replied so quickly not even thinking about it. And it was the intensity in the way he said it.

Luke couldn't even form words. He dejectedly got up and let tears blind his vision. He chest hurt and it felt as if his lungs weren't functioning anymore, as he stared at his dream with so much hurt and pain but he couldn't express it at all.

"Luke," Ashton said guiltily catching his mistake and tried to reach out for his boyfriend but he stepped away from his arms and ran out the hotel room.

=•=

Luke sat on a bench outside the hotel still in the clothes that came with from Australia, eating a carton of 'milk pudding' that he got from a convenience store nearby.

He had fallen in love again, this time with something that won't break his heart. Milk pudding. Silky and tastes good, everything Luke wanted.

"Luke," he heard his name.

"I don't wanna talk to you," he responded recognizing the voice.

"But I want to talk to you," Ashton said as he sat down on the bench, putting a little space between him and his boyfriend.

"I love you Luke. I really do and I shouldn't have handled that the way I did," Ashton apologized. 

"M'kay," Luke replied.

"Luke really, I'm sorry. I do want to marry you. I want to call you mine officially with a ring on your finger and I want everyone to see how good we are for each other. But I didn't know if I wanted that now," Ashton said.

"I can understand that. I guess I did overreact I'm sorry," Luke pouted turning to Ashton and hugging him.

"But when you walked out that door something changed," Ashton said wrapping his arms around his gem.

"Huh?"

"I never wanted to see you unhappy again, especially if I could do something about it," Ashton said

"I still don't understand. Ashton what are you saying?" Luke asked his heart quickening.

"I'm saying that I want to marry you. I was scared and just want everything to be perfect between us."

"Ash," Luke whispered.

"We don't have to rush. We have all the time in the world but I want you, and I want you to marry me, to be mine," Ashton said pausing to pick a random white flower that was growing from the landscaping surrounding them on the bench,

"Will you marry me Luke Hemmings," Ashton asked getting off the bench on down on one knee, holding the flower out in his hand.

"Yes," Luke said softly tearing up. Ashton grinned back up at him and took the flower and put it behind Luke's left ear.

"I love you gem," Ashton said leaning forward and kissing Luke sweetly on his lips.

"I love you so much my dream," Luke replied grabbing Ashton's face and reconnecting their lips for a kiss.

=•=

"You can do this," Ashton reassuringly to the blonde haired girl with night blue eyes who was currently on the hospital bed, face red with pain and wet from crying.

"It's too much!" The girl, Jessie yelled out gripping onto the bed.

"Just a few more minutes of pain Jess. She's almost here," Luke said taking Jessie's hand in his and Ashton doing the same on the other side of the bed where he was.

After three successful years of marriage, Luke and Ashton decided they wanted a child. They contacted a surrogate and made the necessary arrangements for Ashton's sperm to be used and the due date was set for November.

The refrigerator became decorated with pictures from sonograms and lists of supplies that they'll need and an on going list of baby names.

"I can't believe this is happening," Luke gushed excited that within a few minutes, he'd be holding his baby girl. His baby.

"I know. It all happened so fast," Ashton commented as Jessie began giving her final pushes.

The room was filled with the sound of Jessie's heavy breathing and Luke's anxious ones when the sounds of a crying baby took over.

Ashton gasped as he saw his baby girl for the first time, red, crying but so stunningly beautiful.

He teared up as they brought her to him, and handed a pair of scissors to Luke. Ashton held his baby girl for the first time, touching her as if she was glass.

Luke came around the bed with his mouth wipe open and his eyes sparkling as he hunched over to cut the umbilical cord from the noisy baby.

Once done and the doctors did their part, the baby was brought back to them swaddled in a light yellow blanket that they bought.

They handed her to Luke this time and he gently took her in his arms, rocking her just a bit to quiet down her sobs.

"You're a natural," Ashton whispered as Luke got her to stop crying and look up at them with big blue curious eyes.

"She's here Ash," Luke said chocking on his words as he watched the little angel in his arms.

"She's so pretty," Ashton cooed bringing his arm around and ever so delicately rubbed his thumb against her soft cheek.

Ashton full on grinned when he saw the smile his baby girl gave as he brushed her cheek.

"Do we have a name yet?" A nurse asked

"We do," Luke replied not even glancing up from his baby girl.

"Melody," Ashton said.

He took his other arm and wrapped it around Luke's waist.

They were happy, the new chapter of their lives beginning here in his hospital room.

The dream, the gem and the Melody between them.

=•=
Did you cry or was that just me?

This story has come to an end, did you like it? Because I loved writing it.

Thank you so much to every single person who read this, voted and commented on this story.

This was really hard to write and I kept procrastinating because it's like my baby, this story is my baby and God I love it so much. It's really hard to let go of these characters.

Thanks a million for being a part of this journey with me, you my darling readers mean so much to me. Stay awesome 💖

Also check out my other stories, Porn Star and I will be posting new ones soon. I also have a muke fic if you wanna check that out.

So, this is goodbye I guess. I love you : )

Byeeeee💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 149 25
"Wanna take a ride home with me?" I blushed. "Sure," --- When Ashton likes Luke for 3 years in his high school year but he doesn't know how to tell h...
6.8K 271 25
Ashton is suicidal gets beaten by his father and bullied at school for being gay. Luke is very confident has a loving family that accepts him for who...
33.1K 1K 38
Ashton Irwin is the "weird boy" of the school, only having one friend When he gets paired with the jock of the school, Luke Hemmings, for a project...
41.8K 1.2K 23
Luke Hemmings is a popular boy in High school. Everyone loves him and others wish to be him. Everyone, including boys, thinks he's the hottest thing...