The Bad Boy, The Music Dream...

By Jaz2y29

Kaidie, a girl with a passion for singing, wants to spend her final high school days practicing and preparing... More

First Day Back
The Pizza Delivery Boy

Different side of the bad boy

17 4 0
By Jaz2y29

The rest of the week went by in a blur. Kyle had only talked to me a few times this week, but he only made stupid remarks.  He made a comment about my how cute my ass was after he was watching me during PE.  I blushed like crazy and when he noticed this, he had a triumphant look on his face, which only aggravated me more, so much that I slapped him in the face and walked away. He was surprised at first with my reaction, but he continued to tease me more and make inappropriate jokes. Man, I just wanted to kill him.

······♫♪♫······

I arrived at school Monday morning and braised myself for the long school day that was about to come. I had agreed to participate in singing lessons and Miss Lawrence was filled with joy. I found out her name last week when one of the other girls in my class had spoken of it as she bitched to her friends. The first lesson started this afternoon and I only knew that my instructor was a student in my grade and they had only started the tutoring this year, meaning they were new to this as I was.

I walked up to my locker and saw a very distressed Chelsea standing next to my locker, close to tears. Her eyes were red, shimmering with water and she looked like she had been crying all night. She looked at me and offered a small weak smile. I didn’t say anything; I just walked straight up to her and gave her a tight hug, wrapping my strong arms around her skinny waist.

My face was planted into her hair and as I spoke my voice was slightly muffled. “Chelsea, what’s wrong?” She let go of me quickly and we both took a small step back, giving us both some personal space. She looked at the floor, her slightly frazzled blonde hair falling down on her face, before replying in a small voice, “It’s Jason…”

Hearing that name made by blood boil and anger to rise up, making it harder to see and concentrate as red covered my field of vision. “What the hell did that - that jerk do to you?” I yelled, through clenched teeth, with my hands forming fists at my sides shaking as anger coursed through my veins, pumping through my blood stream as I took long deep breaths.

“Nothing, he… we… broke up.” And as her voice broke, my anger slowly faded away being replaced by my little old friends – sympathy and guilt. Jason was Chelsea’s boyfriend – well ex now. They hav-had been together for almost two years now and she told me a week before school started that she was thinking of giving her virginity to him due to the fact that they had been together for so long and she thought they were in love. I told her that I didn’t think she should do it just yet, to wait for the right moment after they settled down because if she lost it to him and he left, she would not be happy. But I looked her in the eye and told her that it’s was not my decision to make and that I would support her with anything – even if I didn’t agree completely with it.

“I'm sorry Chels,” I offered her a tired smile but she was still looking at the floor, and I mentally face palmed myself at my stupidity.  How could I create such a sad frown on her pretty little face? What kind of friend would do that? I was about to speak of reassuring words until she whispered again.

“That’s not even the half of it.” Small tear drops began to cascade down her cheeks as her lips quivered, but she did not even bother to wipe them away. People began to stare at her, wondering the obvious. Is she okay? “We sort of, did the deed, a day before school started. I thought it was great, but then he started ignoring me and last night he texted me saying that it wasn’t going to work out. I think he..I think he just used me.”

The anger again came back full force, all sympathy and guilt pushed aside as I clenched my fists. “That bastard,” was all that I could get out through my clenched teeth. Jason used to go to our school, but he was a grade above us, and so he graduated last year. This simply did not stop the two love birds from being together.

“I told you he wasn’t trustworthy Chels.” As soon as I spoke these words, I felt idiotic. Her knees began to shake as her cheeks flooded with tears. She dropped to the floor on her knees and started balling her eyes out, unable to hold it in. I crouched down to her level and engulfed her in another hug. Even though it was an awkward hug, with me hugging her on the floor half crouching-half sitting on the floor, hugging her whole body in almost a cradling way, it seemed to have calmed her down and stopped the sadness and hopelessness running down her face.

“Chelsea, I'm sorry, that was rude of me. I don’t even know why I said it,” I whispered to her, feeling defeated. In between tears and her heavy breathing she replied with a sad smile placed on her face, “No Kaidie, you were right. I don’t know why I even fell for him. I just can’t deal with this right now. Especially with school on my hands.”

At this point of time the bell had already rung and there was no one in the halls except for a few people taking their time to get to homeroom. I was hoping that someone would walk up to help me calm Chelsea down. But knowing people these days, I was going to have to do so myself. Yet my theory was proven wrong. Because at that moment, someone unexpectedly walked in with a confused and sympathetic look.  Kyle Shore. I figured he would be walking into school late like he does every other day, but instead of going past us to home room, he came over and looked down at us with furrowed eyebrows.

“What’s wrong with your friend?”

Chelsea turned towards the voice with her mascara stained face to see who it was and when she saw him she looked the other way, continuing her sad sobs softly on my other shoulder that began to observe the heartbroken tears.

“Can you help me take her to the office? I think she needs to go home.”

With that he nodded. I stood back up and got ready to place one of her arms around me when Kyle did the unexpected. He picked her up bridal style and carried her to the office. I was gobsmacked that he would actually do that for her. When I was snapped out of my trance, I scurried up and jogged towards them, following behind and opening the door to the small plain reception. I had no clue what I was going to say to the reception lady. Meanwhile in my thoughts, Kyle had put Chelsea on one of the seats and walked over to the large reception desk. I actually had to slightly stand on my tip toes to see the petite lady with her round glasses on the bottom of her nose. She looked at us both with a smile

“Hello there. Now, how may I help you guys?”

I was still trying to think of what to say, but thankfully Kyle had stepped in and replied, “Our friend here had a bit of a breakdown in the halls, she was overwhelmed with her studies and the homeroom teacher told us to come here and take her home.” 

“Um, sure and where is this friend or yours?” came her soft sympathetic reply. I pointed to Chelsea, who had her knees upon the seat with her head in-between, still sobbing softly.

“I see, well I will just sign her out and you two will be returning I take it?” she stared at us with complete seriousness masked onto her face. I then opened my mouth as the words left my mouth. “Of course, we will just take her home and then come back in time for second period.”

She nodded “Ok, just give me a second.”

Once Kyle had carried her to my car, putting her in the back seat and putting her seatbelt on, he got into the passenger’s side. I really didn’t like the idea or him knowing where Chelsea lived due to the fact that she didn’t have the richest of families. I can’t stand to see the way people look down at her as if she’s nothing but a piece of dirt.

“It’s ok, I can take her home Kyle.”

Kyle looked at me and smirked slightly, “I'm coming with you. If there is any chance to miss out on school, I will take that opportunity.”

I snorted, “Like you have ever needed an excuse to jig.”

This time it was his turn to snort. “Touché.”

I drove out of the schools car park and took a deep breath before turning towards Kyle as I spoke. “Her house isn’t the fanciest of houses, so just don’t judge or I will make you wish you never came with us.” I saw him looking at me through the corner of my eye when he replied

“Relax no need to get all huffy and pissed, I won’t judge. You have my word on that.” To say that he had shocked me yet again was an understatement; I was blown away by this newer, almost human, side of Kyle. It was a bit weird at first, but in all honesty, I'm starting to like it.

After I recovered from my internal shock there was an awkward silence that began to settle in and so I turned on the radio to my favourite radio station and started belting out the lyrics with Katy Perry to her new song, dark horse.

······♫♪♫······

I was relieved to see Chelsea’s mum’s car in the driveway out the front of their house when I parked behind it, making sure it was a metre away from my brand new baby. Kyle got out and then opened the door like the gentleman he usually isn’t,  to allow Chelsea to get out of the car. She slowly got out, still shaken and I proceeded to the front door and knocked on it loudly. A few seconds later, Chelsea’s mum, Miranda, opened the door with a confused look planted on her face. I offered her a small smile and she returned it.

“Hey Miranda”

“Hello dear. Is everything ok?” as if on cue, Kyle and Chelsea came into view and instantly, Miranda engulfed her daughter in a comforting hug as she witnessed the tears roll down her puffy cheeks.

“Darling, what’s wrong?” she pulled away from her heartbroken daughter with a worried look etched onto her face. Chelsea didn’t say anything as she sobbed softly, her shoulders shaking as she weakly held onto her mother. I figured that I would explain it in short to her mum as she stared at her daughter with a confused frown.

“Jason broke up with her.” Anger flashed across her face before she gave me a small nod of acknowledgement and understanding before replying. “Thank you Kaidie for dropping her off, and thank you…”

I almost forgot that he was there as not a single sound escaped his lips. Kyle was just standing there, awkwardly looking down at his black all-star converse shoes, but when he realised he was being spoken to his head shot up and he replied by putting his hand out towards her mother. “Kyle, I'm a friend of Kaidies.”

Miranda shook his hand slightly and replied, “Thank you Kyle”.

We said our goodbyes, telling Chelsea that I would ring up later to check up on her as well as giving her one of my famous hugs while whispering reassuring words in her ear. We then exited the house, waving goodbye to Miranda as we travelled to my car. I then turned on the engine and began my way back to school. Glancing over at Kyle, I began to think. I was quite curious as to why he told Miranda that he was my friend, when we only really were acquaintances. So I asked him as curiosity got the best of me.

“Since when were we friends?”

He turned around, stretching his head to the side as he stared at me in confusion. “I mean we barely even know each other. Yet you made that statement to Mir.” I felt proud of myself as I noticed Kyle starting to get uncomfortable in his seat. But I guess these leather black seats are uncomfortable as hell. Just sitting on them when the weather is hot makes me want to get a new car at times.

“Wouldn’t it be easier to just mention that? If I told her that I found her daughter half collapsed on the floor, bawling her eyes out as her heart broke in half – even shattering, what would she say?” As the words travelled into my brain, it all made sense. I took a deep breath out as I smiled. “Ok, fair enough. Erm, thanks for today I guess…”

He stifled a laugh, “Well now you owe me one so it worked out pretty sweet for the both of us.”

Owe him one?

I turned my head to face him as we stopped at a red light, watching him curiously. “Wait, what? I didn’t ask you to help, you just did! Why should I owe you anything?”

Because I helped you out. Consider yourself lucky that I did help you.”

I released a big dramatic sigh in defeat, shaking my head slightly. Rolling my eyes, I opened my mouth to exclaim a smart ass comment. Yet as I started to speak, he replied casually.

“Eyes on the road, princess”

I jumped in shock as an angry mother beeped her horn from behind.  I turned to see that the light had in fact gone green and I quickly sped off in order to save myself from a lecture from a mother. That just gives me the shivers.

And I thought that he might have actually been a nice guy for a minute there by helping Chels out. I had definitely seen a different side of the bad boy.

······♫♪♫······

Once we arrived back to school, Kyle became the little bad-ass he was once again.  He got out of my car swiftly and disappeared into the school gates. Looking at my watch, I let out a squeak of surprise and hurriedly entered into the school. I was there for almost a whole school day! I am in so much trouble. How do I collect the homework I missed? Sighing in defeat, I stomped into the school.

After hastily getting back everything I needed for the subjects I missed, it was now the end of the day. I had my first singing lesson with this mysterious tutor and my hands were shaking, sweaty and sticky as I clenched my fists anxiously looking down. I walked into the music classroom and saw my teacher, looking with full concentration at her computer screen.

“Hello miss, “I smiled to the Miss Lawrence. “Where do I need to go for this tutoring lesson?” She looked up at me and smiled.

“Hello Kaidie! Your tutor should be in one of the smaller music rooms. You’re the first person he is tutoring so far, and so he might be just as nervous as you are. Don’t freak out.”

I froze in my spot. Did she just say he? Please tell me she did not just say he. I looked at her in shock, still trying to process the fact that she said that word she had spoken. “I'm sorry miss, but did you say he?”

She looked a bit startled by my question and the tone of my voice as it rose up but then proceeded with “Yes I did. Is there a problem with this Kaidie?”

“No, no, no! I was…just expecting a girl or something, but it’s cool. I’m cool with it. Thank you Miss!” I waved to her quickly.  She went back to staring at her computer screen which I could have sworn had pictures of shoes on it. Possibly even pink neon high heels – like, ew. Somehow I don’t think that’s what she’s supposed to be doing.

There were four smaller music rooms in the music block that held the areas where tutors would help students learn a certain instrument. Some rooms had pianos, whereas other rooms had acoustic guitars. These rooms had thicker walls then all the other classrooms to help try and block out the noise from inside and outside of the square confines. There was one door that was slightly open and I guessed that that was the room I was supposed to go to. And as I walked towards that door, I felt like something wasn’t right.

And as I placed a little knock on it and the door opened slightly more to give me a view of the teacher, I thought I could faint.

Out of all people I could get stuck with, it had to be…

······♫♪♫······

First cliff hanger, its probably not that great but this is a learning experience for me. Hope that you liked it! Edited by the wonderful Exploding Ninjas. Please vote, comment & follow. Thank you Jas xx J

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.8K 1.2K 72
Harry Potter x female reader °。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。 Cedric Diggory has a younger sister named Y/n and she's starting her fourth year at Hogwarts. H...
42.3K 1.8K 18
"Show me somethin' different once, I come from where there's no love." COPYRIGHT 23. #1 ATLANTA 05/01/2024 🏆
39.4K 1.4K 19
To save her sister from a cruel marriage, sacrificed herself to the womanizer king.
994K 52.4K 33
Millie Ripley has only ever known one player next door. Luke Dawson. But with only a couple months left before he graduates and a blackmailer on th...