Too Complicated

By KearaBoo

"I remember his face, his eyes that begged for forgiveness, his body as it shook with anger and emotion. I re... More

Synopsis
Chapter 55.
Chapter 56.
Chapter 57.
Chapter 58.
Chapter 60.
Chapter 61.
Chapter 62.
Chapter 63.
Chapter 64.
Chapter 65.
Chapter 66.
Chapter 67.
Chapter 68.
Chapter 69.
Chapter 70.
Chapter 71.
Chapter 72.
Chapter 73.
Chapter 74.
Chapter 75.
Chapter 76.
Chapter 77.
Chapter 78.
Chapter 79.
Chapter 80.
Chapter 81.
Chapter 82.
Chapter 83.
Chapter 84.
Chapter 85 - Epilogue

Chapter 59.

24.9K 636 150
By KearaBoo

Six months.

Six months since I have left America and came here to Australia. I left my friends behind and my family, and even though I've kept in touch with them, I can't wait for the day I go back.

I still remember the first day I got here, how foreign it was.

I looked around the small area that my dad told me to wait. And then I saw him, wearing a suit and tie with a big smile on his face. I ran over to him, wrapping my arms around him and cried. I should've called him more, but I was there now, that's all I had to worry about.

The first day, I was feeling pretty down. I was missing my brother and mom and my friends. I was missing people that I talked to in class and I was missing my bed. Australia was almost a full twenty four hours behind America so I slept most the day. That didn't stop me from feeling the effects of being away from home, though. Gavin had met me in my dreams again, and I woke up crying and to my dad rushing into my room.

I think that's when he realized just how messed up I was. I also think that's why he set me up with a therapist after the first week here.

I was skeptical, I didn't really believe in therapists. I didn't think they could tell me anything that I didn't already know. I was wrong. Doctor Jane helped me through a lot. She diagnosed me with a mild case of depression and put me on some pills that help. She talked to me, made me feel worth her while. For the first time in the past few weeks, it had felt good to cry.

I visited here three times a week, something that helped immensely. I went to class, got my work done and somewhat made friends. One of them being Mike, I was the first one he came out to about being gay and I felt good about that. I told him he could trust me and we've been friends ever since.

The first month here, I didn't do much. I was at home a lot, watching tv, eating and playing on my phone. I just wasn't up to anything.

The second month was when I went out to the store. It was the first time I got out besides school and I can't deny it felt good. I was slowly getting my life back and that's one of the best feelings to have.

The third month wasn't much different, I didn't get out much beside school, but I was fine with that. Doctor Jane really helped me through some of the issues I was having with going out into the world. Her exact words were...

"You can't be afraid to go outside because you think someone like Gavin will come along," she told me. "You need to be afraid to go outside because there's a bomb about to explode."

As much as I didn't want to admit that that was the exact reason I didn't like going out, I couldn't help, but take in every word. I shouldn't have feared going out and meeting new people because of Gavin, I needed to forget about him.

The fourth month was when I met Mike. He had told me he noticed me a few times in our third hour, but said I looked so unapproachable that he didn't want to bother me. I laughed at that. I wasn't exactly the most cheerful person the last months. Despite all that, Mike became a good friend of mine. He always had a way to make me laugh and that was exactly what I needed.

The fifth month was the first time I went out to shop for clothes. Of course, Mike accompanied me on that trip. We went to their mall and looked around all the clothes until we successful found me a whole new wardrobe.

Apparently, sweatpants and hoodies weren't attractive. Not that I was trying to get attention, but Mike ensured I should. So, I bought some new clothes and I had to admit, it felt good. On top of all that, I got my hair cut. It had grown all the way down to my butt the past couple of months so I cut it just short enough to there it hit my belly button. I got a few layers, making me feel even better.

New make up. New clothes. New hair cut. New attitude.

The sixth month; today, is the last night for me to be here in Australia before I go back to America, and Mike wants to make it special.

Him and a few other people I have become acquainted with have arranged a party that they think I don't know about. Too bad Mike can't keep his mouth shut. Not that it matters, I don't like surprises, so now it's just a going away party that I know about.

Mike's friend, Emily, helps me pick out an outfit and does my make up. It feels weird get dressed up like this again. I remember when I used to go to parties, but that was six months ago. It feels foreign.

"You look hot!" Emily cheers, moving away to let me look in the mirror. I have to admit, she did a very good job.

"Thanks, Emily," I beam, standing up to give her a hug. "You're the best."

She flips her hair over her should with a smile. "I know."

I roll my eyes with a smile and take in my whole appearance. I try not to let my apprehension ruin this night for me. It's my last time hanging out with all of these wonderful people, and I really want to leave on a good note.

"Mike just texted me," Emily tells me. "He said everything is set up and people are already starting to arrive."

I nod. "Okay, let me get my phone and say goodbye to my dad."

My dad has been really supportive in everything I do. And even though he works every single day, he's tried to be there for me through everything. I appreciate it.

"Alright," she nods. "I'll go wait out in the car."

I agree and grab my phone off the charge before heading downstairs to where my dad sits on his recliner watching a replay of a football game. From America of course.

"I'm leaving now," I tell my dad and he looks over at me.

"Okay," he nods. "Don't be out too late, your flight is at seven so you need to be up early."

"I won't," I kiss his cheek heading out towards Emily's car.

"Ready?" She asks.

"Yeah." And I am, because I know tomorrow I'm going back to the scene that everything happened.

Gavin's POV.

Six months.

Six months since Bella found out about the bet and apparently since she moved back to Australia. I've come to the conclusion that she's not coming back. I've been waiting all these months for the day that she walks through the door of our first hour, but she never does.

When Devon told me she left, I immediately had half the right mind to run after her and declare her to stay. I need her, I love her, and even if she doesn't believe it, it's how I feel.

Through these six months, I've dropped all of my friends that were involved in the bet besides Chanel and Antonio. I don't talk to my brother and I don't plan to. He helped Darren make that fucking video of Bella and me in bed, therefore, I won't waste my time on him.

I never liked Nick and I realize now that Darren only used me to get back at Devon. I guess because he didn't want to do the dirty work. He got a broken nose and cracked jaw out of it, though. Devon helped me out with the nose part, but I used everything in me to make sure Darren was feeling the aftermath for weeks.

Chanel has been very helpful through everything that's happened. I never thought she would have been so understanding and patient, but she's been here for me ever since Bella left.

I was a mess, drinking every night and even going back to my bad habits of smoking. I wasn't sleeping with anyone, still haven't, and that's mostly because I'm hopeful for Bella coming back. That hope seems to be getting smaller and smaller as the days go by.

Antonio supplies me with the alcohol and weed, and he was never initially in the bet so I kept in touch. I'll never consider any of them my friends, but he's close enough.

I got suspended from the basketball team for fighting, but it's not like I was in a condition to play. I was skipping practice to drown my sorrows in alcohol, and when I was in the games, I made stupid mistakes. Eventually, coach said I was done.

Hailey, Tammy, Devon and Andrew will never let it go. They still glare at me in the hallways and such. The video scam has pretty much died down and I'm happy about that. I can't even explain the way I felt when Darren released that video. And I know Bella thinks it was me, why wouldn't she? I did make a bet for her virginity and showed them the sheets and took the money.

She probably thinks I told them shit too. Fuck that. I can't even stand the fact that I took her innocence let alone tell them what went down between us. It was all lies, they wanted something, I gave them what they asked for. I just took away the truth part. Maybe that's just as bad.

The school year is over in a week, a huge party will be taking place the same day that we get out and I'm ready to get my drink on. And who knows, maybe I'll try the whole sleeping around thing again. It's obvious Bella won't be coming back and alcohol can only do so much.

I guess we'll just have to see.

____________________

Yayy!!! Got this done early because I'm going to see a movie tonight so I won't have time!

What do you think? Are you glad Bella is coming back? Is she going to be more guarded? Are you surprised I put a Gavin POV. In here?

Don't be a silent reader!!

Enjoy. Love you all <3

Like and comment :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6K 94 17
completed He abandoned me when I needed him the most, he left me scared and alone.... Now he is back and want's a second chance!? He is crazy to th...
89 28 26
When they meet they were strangers then they became friends and fall in love with each other now her heart is broken the one she trust so mu...
2.2K 383 29
Who is a friend? This question has been asked by everyone. But what happens if your best friends are your worst enemies? Friendship and Deception see...
6.9K 521 105
When you stay down for someone you expect the same. Right? You love with your entire heart, but it just wasn't good enough. You ride to make that li...