You & I (h.s.)

Da Styles_Girls_94

Ashlee Jordan is one of the considered "popular" girls at her school, Rosewood. She develops a crush on the K... Altro

Book 1
chapter 1
Chapter 3

chapter 2

34 2 2
Da Styles_Girls_94

Saturday:

I told Matt that I'd be going out with my friends and won't be back till morning. And as usual, he didn't care. John drove us to Jenna's house, parking on the next street before her place since it was so packed.

John and I walked to her front door step and we walked inside. The whole place was crowded with people and loud music. I could already tell that people were drunk. This wasn't good.

"Hey!" Jenna yelled, popping into my vision. "Hi." I smiled at her. She looked at John and he gave her a side smile, standing by my side. "Do you two want a drink?" She asked. I shook my head, so did John. She rolled her eyes and left.

"Ashlee?" I turned around, seeing Harry. "Hi." I grinned. "You look nice." He complimented. "Thanks." I blushed. "Want to dance?" He asked. I nodded and followed him out onto the dance floor. "Don't laugh, I can't dance!" He yelled over the loud music. I laughed and started moving to the music.

Baby, this is what you came for. Lightning strikes every time she moves. And everybody's watching her, but she's looking at you (you, you, you, you, you, you, you, you, you, you, you.) Baby, this is what you came for. Lightning strikes every time she moves! And everybody's watching her, but she's looking at you-

I sang along, feeling the rhythm of the music. Harry watched me, slowly moving his body. I wrapped my arms around his neck, bringing him close. He sang along, staring at me. I grinned, continuing to dance.

That was the best night ever... until...

BOOM!

The whole house screamed and Harry and I ducked at the loud gun shot. Everyone started making their way to the door, but couldn't get out fast enough. The music stopped and the only thing you could hear was screaming and crying.

Harry grabbed my hand and dragged me out the back door. "Where are we going?" I asked, scared. "Somewhere safe." He told me. "I'm scared." I whimpered. He stopped and looked at me. "Don't worry, we're going to find away to get around the house and in my car. I'll take you home." He said, taking my face in his hands. Tears filled my eyes. "What about John? Oh no, I left him in there! He could've got shot!" I yelled. "Ashlee, calm down. It's okay." Harry said.

I shook my head, escaping his grip. "I need to find John." I said. I started running to the house, but Harry caught me. "You can't go in there." He said. Another gun shot was heard and Harry ducked again. He fell onto the ground, covering me.

"Harry... are we going to die?" I whispered. He looked at me. "No." He said. "But-"

"We aren't going to die. I promise you." He said. I stopped talking. Another shot was fired and I held onto Harry tighter. Tears fell down my face and I couldn't stop shaking. I was so scared. I didn't know what was going to happen, or if I was going to die.

After about ten minutes, we slowly got up and he held onto me as we made our way to his car. We ran to his car and he started it and we left. I sobbed in the front seat and he looked at me a few times. "Ash..." He sighed. "What if John-"

"Don't say that. John made it." Harry said. "How do you know?" I asked, looking at him. "I didn't see his car. He drives a 1969 Chevy Camaro Convertible, correct?" He asked. "That's actually Matt's car, but we used it tonight." I told him. "Yeah, it wasn't there. He got out." He told me.

I sniffed and tried to remain calm. Harry pulled up to my house and I looked out the window. Matt and John and Uncle Bill and Aunt Karen were standing on the porch.

Harry parked and I got out, rushing towards them. I hugged John first, crying. "I thought you died!" I yelled, pulling back and hitting his arm. "I saw you left with Harry and I knew he'd bring you home." He said, rubbing his arm.

I hugged Uncle Bill and Aunt Karen, still crying. I hugged Matt next and he hugged my back, patting my head.

Harry came up and explained what happened to Uncle Bill and Aunt Karen. They nodded and Karen hugged Harry, thanking him for saving me. "You're welcome, Mrs..." He trailed off. "Barkley." Aunt Karen finished for him. "Mrs. Barkley." He nodded once.

"Thank you." I said, looking at Harry. "I told you not to worry." He hugged me and I hugged him back, breathing in his wonderful scent. We pulled apart and he looked down at me. "I'll see you Tuesday, I think you should stay home Monday." He said. "Why?" I asked. "Trust me. You had a big scare tonight. I think you shouldn't go." He told me. I sighed and gave him a hug again, thanking him for saving me.

"Goodnight." He whispered and left.

I went upstairs to my room, not being able to get a wink of sleep because the memories clouded my brain and fogged my vision.

-

I woke up, tired and afraid. My nightmare was what happened last night. Who brought a gun to a party? Why did the person shoot? Who did the person shoot? Was it a student? How did this even start, anyway?

My phone buzzed and I looked at it. It was an unknown number, so I didn't answer. They called a second time and I picked up. "Hello?" I asked. "Hey, Ash." Harry said. "Harry? How did you get my number?" I asked. "I asked John for it, I didn't want to wake you to ask for your number." He said. "Wait, you're in my house?" I asked, standing from my bed. "Close. Check your window." He said.

I turned around to find him standing under my window, smiling up at me. I put my phone to my ear and said, "you're adorable, but come inside. It's the middle of October." I told me. He chuckled. "Okay, but you have to let me in. It'd be weird for me to just walk in, right?" He asked. I rolled my eyes and he laughed. I smiled and said, "I'll be down there in a moment," and rushed around, trying to look presentable.

I slept in the clothes I wore yesterday, which were pretty comfortable, and now I'm wearing a red long-sleeved shirt, that kind of looked like a sweater, that said 'Kiss Me' in black letters. I put on some black leggings and a red beanie on. I put some red fuzzy socks on my feet and went downstairs.

I opened the front door. "H!" I yelled. He turned towards me and smiled. He walked up and I let him inside. "Nice home." He said, as I closed the door. "Thanks." I looked at him to find him looking at me. "Kiss Me, wow clever, but I don't really know you much. Sorry." He pouted. "It's just a shirt." I said. "They made it for a reason." He told me. "I happen to wear this shirt when I'm all alone and bored. Don't judge me." I said to him. "I make you bored?" He gasped, pretending to be hurt. "No, you annoy me." I rolled my eyes. He chuckled and sat down on the couch. "Cute socks." He smirked. "Harold!" I groaned, rolling my eyes again. He laughed. "Just kidding. Come sit." He said.

I did.

"Why are you here, not to be rude." I said. He chuckled a little. "Because. I know last night got you scared and you probably didn't get much sleep, but I want to take you somewhere fun." He smiled. "Where?" I asked. "There's a fair downtown, I think we should go." He said. "Really?" I asked. He nodded.

I grinned and hugged him, making him fall back onto the couch. We laughed. "Um..." We turned around, seeing my brother Matt. Our position was a bit weird. I rolled off him, falling off the couch. "You okay?" Harry asked. I nodded and then he laughed. I giggled a bit and stood.

"Okay. Ash, I don't think you should go to the fair." Matt said. "Why?" I asked. "That person who shot up the party is still missing. And I watched the news. He's a killer who escaped prison." He told me. I stepped back. "This is crazy. Why would a killer want to come to Rosewood?" I asked, very confused. "We don't know, Ash." Matt sighed.

"I'm going up to my room... I need to think." I mumbled and ran upstairs.

Harry's POV

I went upstairs, looking at every door. I saw one that said Ashlee's Room in pink words. I shook my head, smiling. I knocked on the door. "Who is it?" Ashlee asked. "Harry. Can I come in?" I asked.

A few seconds past and then she opened the door. She turned around and went to her bed. I walked in and closed the door behind me.

"How are you feeling?" I asked. "Really?" She asked, looking at me with an angry look. "Sorry, love." I chuckled a bit and sat beside her on her bed. "Why must the world be so cruel?" She asked, looking at me. "I don't know." I shook my head, not being able to answer.

The world is such a bad place and I don't understand why. How did it become so bad?

Ashlee and I talked about school and if we should go Monday or not. I didn't want her to go, because I knew that she'd have to deal with questions about the party and she'd hear about the shooting and I didn't want her to relive that.

"I think we should go to the fair. Even if he's still out there. He or she, but still." Ashlee rolled her eyes. I smirked. "Okay, let's go." I said.

We stood and left the house. We hopped into my Range Rover and headed to the fair.

Okay, this was short, but the third chapter will be longer. I promise.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerร  anche

95.3K 3.2K 52
"๐“๐ซ๐ฎ๐ญ๐ก, ๐๐š๐ซ๐ž, ๐ฌ๐ฉ๐ข๐ง ๐›๐จ๐ญ๐ญ๐ฅ๐ž๐ฌ ๐˜๐จ๐ฎ ๐ค๐ง๐จ๐ฐ ๐ก๐จ๐ฐ ๐ญ๐จ ๐›๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ, ๐ˆ ๐ค๐ง๐จ๐ฐ ๐€๐ซ๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ๐จ๐ญ๐ฅ๐ž" ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ Caitlin Clark fa...
598K 12.7K 43
i should've known that i'm not a princess, this ain't a fairytale mattheo riddle x fem oc social media x real life lowercase intended started: 08.27...
796K 29.7K 105
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’œ my first fanfic...
160K 5.7K 42
โ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. โž She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...