Young Killers [The 72nd Hunge...

By crazy-fangirls-life

"I don't think I could do this" Meredith cries "You'll be okay, I promise" Answers her Mentor Finnick Odai... More

Characters :)
Chapter 1: the Reaping
Chapter 2: The capitol
chapter 3: The chariot Parade
Chapter 4: interview
chapter 5: Training day
Chapter 6: memories
Chapter 7 : Day 1
Chapter 8: The Snake
Chapter 9: Mercy
Chapter 10: Saved
Chapter 11: Kill or be killed
Chapter 12: Bad dreams
Chapter 13: Swimming
Chaper 14: Hopeless
Chapter 15: fear, Death & Pain
Chapter 16 : the final battle
Chapter 17: The victor
Chapter 18: Home
Chapter 19: Silence
Chapter 20: The Victory Tour
Chapter 21: Panem today, Panem tomorrow, Panem forever
Chapter 22: the 73rd Hunger Games
Chapter 23: Kill me
Chapter 24: The Letter
Chapter 26: The kiss
Chapter 27: The Quarter Quell
Young Killers Book 2
Prologue: Young killer Book 2

Chapter 25: The Little Girl

321 8 0
By crazy-fangirls-life

Meredith had hated her time in the  capitol. When there she watched the games in a grand room where only the mentors and some capitol people watched the games from. In the end, the winner of the games was a male from district six. It was all very a surprise to many of people because everyone thought he would die quickly. Salton died when is career allies killed him and weirdly seeing him die didn't seem to bother Meredith which made her worry. Was she now at the point that seeing people she knew get killed did nothing to her. She's been watching these games for to long. Although, It disturbed Meredith the way the hunger games were like watching some sort of sport for the capitols people. Them making secret bets on who they thought would win, how people would get super exited has someone would get killed, Meredith was just happy to be able to finally get back home.

She was on the train with Finnick on their way back to district 4. They both sat in the kitchen eating some toast with jam. Meredith had never found out who those letters she found were from and she wanted to ask Finnick so badly.

  "Does Annie send you letter when your away?" Meredith asked

  "No. She's tried before but they mysteriously disappeared on their way here. If you tell me I'm sure the capitol just didn't send it" Finnick answered

Meredith wasn't sure how to phrase her question without Finnick thinking she knew something "oh, I thought they were from her" Meredith said and straight away regretting it knowing what she said wasn't near to discreet.

  "You thought what was from her?" Finnick asked

  "The letter, huh, I found on the floor of your room when I passed next to it" Meredith lied.

  "You couldn't lie even if your life depended on it" Finnick smirked

Meredith looked down at her feet.

  "No those letter you found weren't from Annie and if you wanted to know what I was up to you could've just asked" Finnick said

  "I did try to ask but last time I did you didn't want to answer me and if those letters aren't from Annie who are they from?" Meredith asked.

Finnick sighed  "Well, I guess you were going to find out anyway. You see, president Snow and I have a deal, I prostitute myself to the capitol and Snow doesn't kill everyone I love" Finnick said casually.

Meredith's heart dropped. She had no idea that's why Finnick would leave almost everyday in the capitol.

  "He prostitutes you or else-"

"He'll kill everyone I love, yup that's it" Finnick cut off.

  "Will, will he do that to me to?" Meredith asked afraid of the answer.

Finnick didn't answer straight away which concerned Meredith. He took a deep breath and then spoke "I don't think so, or at least not yet. You're to young, only thirteen. Lest just hope the more you get older, the uglier you get"

Meredith knew he was trying to make a joke to make her feel better but it did not help. The knowledge of her might needing to prostitute herself so her mother wouldn't get killer scared her. She couldn't imagine what Finnick must be going through. Finnick did have a very flirtatious way of acting but now that Meredith knew this it made her wonder if this was all just an act to please president Snow and the capitol citizens.

The train had finally arrived back in district four. Meredith was still shaken up about what Finnick had told her. They walked out of the train and Meredith was able to see her mother waiting for her. She started to walk over to her but Finnick grabbed Meredith's shoulder.

  "Don't freak out to much about what I told you, okay?" Finnick said

  "Okay" Meredith answered.

She just had to try and forget about it, not think about the possibilities of what may happen in her future. She had to live her life now. She gave Finnick a huge and ran towards her mother and grabbed her tight and have her a kiss.

  "I've missed you so much" She said

  "I've missed you too" Meredith answered

  "Come on, lest go home I already have dinner ready" Mrs Keene said

Both girls made their way back towards the house. They walked up the stairs and Mrs Keene put her arm in front of Meredith indicating her not to move. Meredith wondered what was wrong when she noticed the opened door.

  "Stay here Mere" her Mother told her.

Mrs Keene walked into the house. Meredith hear her gasp and she ran out of the house.

  "Most of our stuff is gone!" Mrs Keene shouted

Meredith pushed past her mother and ran inside the house to see that most of the lamps were gone, all their food was gone and some of their clothing has well.

  "Oh my! Someone stole our stuff!" Mrs Keene had her hands on her head. "What do we do?"

  "Well, there isn't much we could do now, our stuff is already gone" Meredith said and let out a sigh.

There was a small knock on the door and both Meredith and her mother turned their heads to see a peacekeeper walk inside.

  "I was passing by and heard shouting" Said the peacekeeper.

  "Someone stole our stuff!" Exclaimed Mr Keene. "All our food! We need it back"

The peacekeeper nodded and didn't say anything and just walked out of the house. Meredith knew this meant he was going to go find the person who did this.

  "You shouldn't have said someone stole our stuff!" Meredith said to her mother. "Now he'a going to go look for the person and the'll probably get whipped."

Mrs Keene didn't say anything, she just looked down at her feet. Meredith stormed out of the house and ran into the village. She watched has the peacekeeper walked into people's houses and looked around trying to find the stolen stuff. He didn't even ask to enter, he would just do so.

  "Meredith!" Dylan ran towards Meredith and they gave each other a hug. "I didn't know you were already back" he said

A loud bang came from a house and moment later the peacekeeper walked out.

  "What's going on?" Dylan asked

  "Someone stole our stuff and my mother freaked out and told a peacekeeper about it" Meredith started "if he finds the person their gonna get hurt I just don't want that to happen"

  "But the person did steel your stuff" Dylan answered

  "I know but, I don't want to see anyone get hurt. This happened to you before, and you know what happens" Meredith said

A couple of years ago, Meredith and her mother were probably the poorest people in district four after Meredith's father died. They haven't got much food, Meredith would try to fish but she would be able to maybe catch one every two weeks. When winter came, it was harder to get something to eat. It was a cold day outside and Meredith sat in front of a fishery waiting and hoping they would throw out something that Meredith could take and bring back home.

  "What you doing out here?" Dylan said has he went to sit next to his friend.

  "Waiting" she answered

  "I could get you some you know, some food" Dylan told her

  "How?" Meredith asked "you barely have much yourself"

  "Just go back home, and tomorrow you'll see" Dylan smirked

The next day, early in the morning it was, Meredith had woken up by the sound on someone suffering. She had gotten out of bed and didn't even change out of her pyjama has she ran to see what was going on. In the square, a peacekeeper had attached Dylan to a pole and whipped him. Meredith began shaking and tears started to roll down her face.

  "Stop please!" Shouted Meredith

The peacekeeper turned his head and smirked at the poor little girl begging for him to leave her friend alone. He didn't care what Meredith had to say, he whipped Dylan four more times until finally letting him be. Meredith ran up to him and untied him from the pole. He was pale and his back bleeding.

  "How did this-" she cried "We need to find someone who could fix your back." 

Meredith tried to carry Dylan, she wasn't so strong and he was heavy. Someone say both of them and ran to go help. The women who was much older helped pick up the boy.

  "Come with me, I think I could help" She said

That women was Mags, one of the victors who lived in district 4. She had helped Dylan and fixed his back, although, he still had the scars.

  "Why, how did this happen?" Meredith asked worried

  "I tried to get you some food, from the place you were sitting in front of yesterday" He said

  "Did you try to steel it?" Meredith asked

  "Yes" Dylan answered hesitantly

  "Why would you do that!" Meredith exclaimed

  "Because you were hungry and I wanted to help" Dylan said

Meredith had known that Dylan wanted to help and she was thankful but it wasn't worth him getting hurt.

Dylan told Meredith he remembered seeing someone sneaking back into their house with plenty of things in their hands. He brought Meredith to the house. She knocked on the door and only a small crack opened.

  "Can I come in?" Meredith asked the Little girl who was on the other side.

She didn't say anything looking at Meredith scared.

  "Please" Meredith added "I just want to help you"

The little girl finally ended up the door and Meredith and Dylan walked inside. She found all her food, and clothes and some lamps scattered around her house.

  "Where are your parents?" Meredith asked

  "I don't have a mum. And my dad's never home" The little girl answered, she had to be no older than six.

  "Are you the girl who stole all of Meredith's stuff?" Dylan asked

Meredith shot him a look. The little girl looked down at her feet.

  "I'm sorry, I know I shouldn't have. You could take it back" She said trying not to cry.

  "No, It's okay, you could keep it. But you need to hide it. A peacekeeper is looking for the person who stole all this stuff"

There was a sudden knock on the door. Meredith looked over at Dylan who went to check out the window, it was a peacekeeper. The peacekeeper started banging on the door and pushed it opened. Meredith stood in front of the little girl afraid of what might happen to her.

Author's note: Hey guys hope you enjoying the story, if you guys like it don't forget to vote and leave a comment. Also you should all go check out my newest book Nuclear. Any super hero, Marvel fan would love it. Anyway have a great summer you guys and read on, ciao❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.7K 386 28
The Hunger Games | Finnick Odair ----------- ❝Don't leave me, please don't leave me. Don't leave me alone.❞ ❝I won't leave you Finnick,❞ She kissed...
5.7K 98 13
"One, the Princess of Panem. Extremely dangerous took out sixteen tributes during her Games. Do not underestimate." "How is she a weakness then." "...
198K 7.1K 36
In which a healer is forced to become a killer. | THE HUNGER GAMES X FEM OC |
6.7K 161 6
you got a hold on me, i never met someone so different. ❪ FINNICK ODAIR ❫ ░ oc: nerissa hong ░ pre-thg / mockingjay ░ i...