One Direction's DIYSOS Childr...

By Lellsy

More

One Direction's DIYSOS Children In Need Special

4.2K 74 21
By Lellsy

Title: 1D's DIYSOS Children In Need Special
Rating: PG
Pairing: Harry/Louis
Summary: This is a script based story narrated by Nick Knowles. With the help of famous architect Louis Tomlinson and award winning landscaper Harry Styles, the DIY SOS embark on their annual Children In Need project.
Authors Notes: This was written in less than 48 hours and is possibly a bit of a mess and slightly terrible. I hope you enjoy it though and if you live in Britain, and haven't done so, please donate to CIN via the number provided.
Disclaimer: The events of this story never happened. This is all fiction. I make no money from writing it. All the characters belong to themselves.

INTRO

Pudsy, what are you doing?

[Nick pushes the gesturing Pudsy out of the camera shot]

You can't even speak so how on earth do you think you could host the show? Go on back to the BBC centre. Jeez.

Hello folks. I'm Nick Knowles and this is DIY SOS Children In Need: THE BIG BUILD!

Cue title music

~*~

For many families, myself included, sending our children off to school every morning is something we take for granted. Sure, it can be difficult juggling the school runs around our jobs but, at the end of the day, we are secure that there will always be a place for our children to receive a decent education.

But with councils short on cash during the economic crisis; when a school is no longer fit for purpose, some councils have no choice but to close the building and distribute the pupils to other schools. For parents with a special needs child a special needs school is a lifeline for them. Mainstream schools often struggle to provide the right equipment and environment for children with special needs and, because of it, these children can be left feeling out of place and isolated.

Kersie House, in the heart of rural Yorkshire, understands that and has provided specialised education for children with special needs for over fifty years. Built as an asylum in the late 19th Century, it was converted into a private high school for the blind in the early sixties but later, in the early 80s, opened it's doors to teenagers with a whole host of different physical and learning conditions. Unfortunately, in 1990, due to spiralling costs, the owner could no longer afford to keep the school running and so Kersie House was transferred into the care of the local council, who opened it up to the public. In 1995, after flooding forced the closure of two special units, Kersie House starting taking on primary-aged children as well and is now the only special needs school in a ten mile radius.  On last count, over two hundred and fifty pupils are currently enrolled – with needs ranging from minor learning difficulties to those who require supplementary lifesupport equipment 24/7. All these children need dedicated and specialised care and assistance but unfortunately this school can no longer provide a safe environment for them to receive it.

Even from the outside, it is quickly obvious that this school is in poor condition. With broken windows, sagging rooflines and crumbling brickwork, it is barely better than a ruin. The playground is a mess of uneven concrete and a nettle-ridden wilderness. There are very few wheelchair ramps, no designated play areas, no fencing to keep the children safe from the main road or from the woodland that lies just beyond the school boundary. There is barely any car-parking for the teachers and buses have to unload the children on the side of the road, which is dangerous. The road is busy as it is the main route through town.

Inside the school the conditions are even worse - with leaky roofs, drafty classrooms, and, quite frankly, pitiful provisions. The toilets are poorly designed for disability access and there is only one with a hoist. Many of the doors aren't wide enough for wheelchairs to fit through, meaning some children can only access a handful of rooms and everything, from the chairs to the light switches, seems to echo it's Victorian roots. The building is also too small for it's growing student population. Children are being squeezed into classrooms that just weren't designed for so many.

But for all of the children who attend Kersie House this is the only school option they have available without having to make a forty mile round trip every day. For the parents, it's not only a school but it's the only local support system they have to help them cope with the day-to-day difficulties of raising a child with special needs.

Take six year old Jessica Malvern for instance, who was born with Down's Syndrome and has severe heart problems as a consequence. She can't go anywhere without a Cardioverter Defibrillator or supplementary oxygen and can collapse up to twelve times a day. Kersie House is the only school who has teachers trained in both attending to her medical needs as well as her education.

Louise Malvern: To be told that your daughter has Down's Syndrome is difficult enough to deal with... knowing she will always have to fight that little bit harder for everything achievement...  but to also be told it's unlikely she'll live to her teens... words cannot describe how devastating that is to learn as a parent. The world sort of shatters and looking into the future is like looking down into a black abyss. You can't see how you will ever be able to cope. You can't see any hope. But life goes on and you can't cry for ever and you find a way to cope and hope. After all, it's your job to give your child the best start in life possible, no matter how long or short that life may be. You have to learn how to cope and focus yourself on giving your child as normal and as best a childhood as possible.

Amy Drysdale: The support system at Kersie House is just incredible. Many things that you never thought your child could do or have is proven otherwise. The staff are so determined to prove that just because a child has special needs it doesn't mean they can't have friends, or play games or have as fulfilled a childhood as any other child their age. Whether it be jobskills or lifeskills, the staff at Kersie are determined that every student attains their fullest potential. 

Laura Anderson: Kersie is our lifeline. I don't think we, as a family, could have coped without them. They're so much more than a school. They are a family and a home and a support system. They give you a network of people who are just like yourself and who have the same struggles as you do - who understand and don't judge. And when you see your child flourishing in ways you could never have dreamed and, in turn, the rest of your family life too, it makes all the difference in the world.   

Head Mistress, Lizzie Scholefield, has governed the school for over twenty-five years and is cherished by both the parents and students alike. She makes sure that parents are kept up to date with all the information they need and helps them gain the benefits and assistance they require including options for respite care and counselling for parents who need it. Without her compassion and determination to meet the individual support needs of every child many parents say they'd have long given up,

Amy Drysdale: Lizzie is amazing. Considering how much she has to fight the authorities to get the most vital of equipment it's incredible what she has achieved. The council says it can't afford to buy a hoist to help with toileting, Lizzie will organise a fundraiser and raise the money herself. A company says it will take up to 3 weeks to deliver a new steriliser, Lizzie will go and fetch it from the warehouse at her own expense because they can't go a day without one. If a teacher wants to take some of the kids on school trip then, as the school doesn't have a mini-bus, she phones all the bus companies to find a volunteer driver who'll take them for free. She fights tooth and nail for Kersie House and changes so many lives for the better because of it.

It's not just the authorities Lizzie has had to battle. In 1997 and 2001 the school was flooded during two of the worst storms ever recorded in Britain. It took five months to clean up the mess enough for the pupils to be able to return. In 2006 the gymnasium roof was ripped off in a gale and it was only thanks to a kind donation from a local factory that it was able to be fixed. Then last year she received the worst news possible; North Yorkshire had condemned the building and the school would close forever at the end of summer term.

With no money to build a new one, the council decided all 253 pupils would have to be distributed amongst the local mainstream schools – all of which are ill-equipped to deal with their complex needs. Gone would also be the support network that all these families have come to rely on, gone would be the individual care. This closure had the potential to shatter hundreds of lives.

So this is where we stepped in and asked what we could do to help.

Nick: So Mark, is there anything we can do to turn the condemnation on this school around?

Mark: No; you would have to knock it down and rebuild it from scratch.

Nick: You couldn't just plaster some walls and splash a little paint?

Mark: Nope, it's rotten from the bottom upwards.

Nick: Hmm... I'm getting a sense of déjà vu here

Mark [eyes widening in horror]: No! No! Don't even think it!

Nick: But we managed it before. Shouldn't be too hard to do it again. We have experience behind us now...

Mark: But this will be twice the size at least! It'll be too much. Nine days mate. Nine days! The stress would kill us!

Behind them a bulldozer smashes into one of the school walls, turning it to rubble.

Mark: Oh no, you can't do this I tell you!

Nick [raising an eyebrow at the camera]: Here we go again.

So you might remember back in 2013 we set ourselves the challenge of rebuilding the charity centre "Little Miracles" from the bottom up in just nine days? So many things were against us during that build that the stress gave even yours truly many sleepless nights. Well, guess what? We'll be doing something similar again only... at least twice the size! Yep, I'm not joking. We are building Kerse House from the ground upwards in NINE days! Yes... there is a chance we have gone insane and if we haven't already then we probably will have in about a week's time.

At the helm of our insanity, we are blessed to have acquired none other than award-winning architect, Louis Tomlinson, who will oversee the whole project. Louis, of course, is famous for designing the likes of Pinnacle College, Solaris Tower, Grentree Station, Tolkien Arch and for topping Cosmo's 50 most eligible bachelors. Of course, as I'm not eligible, I wasn't taken into account so even though I'm twice his age I feel I still have the edge when it comes to the looks department. Just kidding, the guy is so drop dead gorgeous I want to stick my head in a bucket of concrete and cry. And that's coming from a straight guy! [Cue all the hulky macho builders subtly and not so subtly checking Louis out]

Anyway, Louis has very kindly given up his time and resources to create, possibly, the most incredible and complex project we've worked on yet. It's the Big Build everybody!

Nick: So Louis, welcome to the programme. Firstly, are you insane?!

Louis [laughing]: I've been called that before and I'm sure it won't be the last.

Nick: I can't believe you've taken on a project to build a whole school in just nine days!

Louis: It's not going to be easy but I believe it's doable with the right organisation.

Nick [gaping]: You're mad! Completely stark raving bonkers!

Louis just laughs some more.

Nick: So what drew you to this project, what made you want to get involved?

Louis: Well, not many people know this, but when I was really young I had a cousin who was born with cerebral palsy. She was a lovely wee girl but was prone to seizures, which the mainstream school she attended just couldn't handle. She lived in a remote village so her only schooling option was the local primary, which had no ramps for her wheelchair let alone suitable desks. One day, when her key teacher was off sick, she took a massive seizure in the classroom. The teachers present didn't know how to administer her medication and by the time the paramedics arrived... it was too late.

The struggles I saw my aunt and uncle face during her lifetime are reflected in every parent I've met so far at this school and I don't want these families to go through what my family went through if I can help it.

Nick: That is an amazing sentiment. Good on you. So what are your plans? What sort of things are hoping to achieve?

Louis: Well, I want to give them more than a school. I want to give them everything they've been fighting for and more. They deserve it. It's not just going to be a cluster of classrooms; it's going to be a thriving community.  

And judging by Louis' plans, he's giving them exactly that and more. One of the major issues is the age range of the students – you have high school students mixed in with primary especially as there are limited spaces for wheelchairs. So the new school will be a game of two halves; on one side a primary school and the other a highschool. In both schools there will, of course, be classrooms suitable and adaptable for both the able bodied and wheelchair users – complete with the most up-to-date technology. For the older pupils there will be rooms designated to give them all the subjects they need such as; home economics, ICT, metal work, wood work, science and art.

For the younger kids, in addition to their classrooms; there will be a large playroom, a sensory room and a sleep room. Mulitple purpose built toilets and shower areas will be made available as well.

In between the two schools and acting as a link will be a gym hall, a swimming pool with hoist and wheelchair accessible changing facilities, a huge communal dining area so all ages can mingle and an assembly hall complete with a wheelchair friendly stage. Next to the offices will be a serious of rooms dedicated to emergency care, community welfare and bereavement counselling. Basically, Louis is aiming to give them everything they will possibly need to cater to every pupil's needs.

But that's not all! The grounds will be transformed too. There will be an all weather sports pitch, a play park, a sensory garden, a vegetable plot where the kids can grow plants and food, proper parking for the teachers and parents, proper fencing around the main road to keep the children safe and the pièce de résistance a large treehouse in the woodland to give all the children access to adventure in the outdoors.

This is a monster task and I have no idea how it can possibly be completed in nine years let alone nine days!

Louis seems pretty confident though, and considering some of the incredible things he's achieved so far, I have confidence in him.

As this is such a big project, we have had to reach out for as many skilled workers as possible. Over 500 people will be working onsite at any one time and that is mind-boggling. Not only because it's a large number but also because it shows just how many people are willing to give their services for free to help others in need. To everyone involved; thank you already.

~*~

So, it's eight am on Day One; the concrete foundations are set, the timber frames are just arriving on site, the sun is shining and... there just one snag. David James, who had drawn up the ground design and was in charge of overseeing the outside project, was rushed to hospital in the early hours of this morning, critically ill. Doctors think he'll pull through, thank goodness, but he's not going to be fit to work for a few weeks at least.

That leaves us one very important man down. Not only was David in charge of landscaping, he was also into charge of site control and, with no one at the helm, this could spell disaster. Already, the grounds are a mess of material and nobody seems to know where things are meant to go, what has to stay or what has to leave. The whole project is already in danger of falling apart.

Amazingly, it is Billy who comes to the rescue.

Nick [staring at Mark who is trying to juggle the coming and going of eight lorries on the site and getting flustered at the lack of room]: I don't know what we're going to do. We're screwed aren't we? Mark has no sense of organisation and if the outdoor team don't have a leader then they are going to struggle with making important decisions.

Billy: Actually, I might know someone who could help.

Nick [laughing]: You? Who?

Billy: Worked with guy called Harry Styles last year. He'll be good at this sort of thing

Nick [snorting derisively]: You know Harry Styles?

Billy: Tis what I just said!

Nick: The Harry Styles? Landscaper extraordinaire? The guy behind the fountain park Copeland Gardens? The builder of Churcham Fort? Chief consultant gardener to Buckingham Palace?! Number Six hottest guy ever - as voted by Cosmo?

Billy: Yeah him. Lovely lad. Real gentleman. If he's not got anything on I'm sure he'd be delighted to help.

Nick: Right, and you would just happen to have his phone number on you? [he rolled his eyes disbelievingly at the camera]

Billy [pulling out his mobile]: Sure do!

Nick [eyes widening]: How on earth do you have that?

Billy: Told you. I worked with him, didn't I? I did the electrics on the Copeland fountains. Hang on [he slowly sweeps the screen to the right contact, hit's send, there's a pause and then the line rings] Hello? Harry? Hi, it's Billy here, the sparky from Co... oh I'm doing great mate, how are you? [muted talking on the phone that sounds distinctly like Harry's slow northern accent leaving no doubt that it really is him] Yeah. Yeah. They really were excellent pints. Um hmm... uhuh. Yeah! Excellent! We must. Anyway, the reason I called... Yeah, I'm working on the Children In Need Big Build - oh you heard about that... funny you should say so because we could actually do with your help. David's been taken ill... we actually don't know, we're still waiting to hear more but they think he'll pull through okay... yeah she'll appreciate that. Anyway, we desperately need someone with the right experience to take over David's position, are you busy? Tomorrow at the latest... Yeah, really! Um... yes... you're kind of on camera right now [laughs]. No pressure! Yeah that's fine, no that would be great! Fantastic! Hear from you soon buddy. Take care. Bye mate! [turns to Nick and the camera] he needs to make a couple of calls but he should be here by morning.

Nick [gaping]: What?! You seriously got us Harry Styles?

Billy [all proud]: I got you Harry Styles.

Nick: I am... gobsmacked. [Looks over at Louis who is having an animated conversation with a a couple of builders over a series of blueprints which included a lot of pointing, turning around and frowning] Hey Louis! Louis! Come here a moment mate!

Louis, looking rather flustered, waddles over with papers in hand.

Louis: I hope this is good news

Nick [throwing an arm over Louis' shoulder]: Indeedy. It looks like we've just got you a new landscaper.

Billy [mockingly outraged]: We? You mean me!

Louis [face lighting up in relief and excitment]: Really? Who?

Nick: None other than... Harry Styles!

Louis eyebrows nearly disappear into his hair.

Louis [chuckling in disbelief]: Harry Styles? Like... The Harry Styles. Yeah right. Pull the other one! Who have you really got?

Nick: No, seriously.

Billy nods in affirmation.

Louis [eyes widening comically]: Holy *beep*

Nick [laughing]: Have you worked with him before?

Louis [now a little pink]: No. No I haven't. You'd have thought our paths might have crossed at some point but they haven't yet... I've actually wanted to work with him for a long time now. His work is just incredible. I visited Copeland Garden earlier this year and it's breathtaking.

Nick: Well you're in luck mate. He'll be here first thing tomorrow morning.

Louis is suddenly called away, and excuses himself in quite a flustered fashion - nearly dropping his papers, and squeaking under his breath 'They're definitely pulling my chain but still, Harry Styles, oh my god' as he walks away. Billy and Nick stare after him with clear amusement

Nick [leaning into the camera]: You know ladies and gentlemen, if I didn't know any better I would say he was blushing back there.

Billy: I think someone might have a crush

Nick [winking]: This could be a very interesting project, indeed.

So as day one progresses, we see all the walls of the school slotted into place. This always amazes me; flat packs go up so fast – like one giant 3D jigsaw puzzle. These engineers from Aberdeen in Scotland are absolutely incredible in their work – measuring everything perfectly to the smallest millimetre so that it fits together just so.

Once the walls are erect, the scaffolding goes up and a protective roof covering is installed in case it rains overnight. Don't be fooled though, just because we have a shell of a building there is still a lot of work to be done. There's plumbing and plastering, electrics, painting, cutting, floor laying, furniture building... the list goes on.

In the grounds, the landscapers have started to dig out the paths and clear the field for the sports pitch. All of this is being carried out under Julian's temporary reluctant watchful eye. After last time, where he oversaw the ground project at Little Miracles, Julian is keen to stick to building work. Can't say I blame him. Outside work is twice as messier.

So as I leave at the end of the first night, the whole project seems to be bang on schedule. Can't ask for more than that, right?

~*~

Good morning everyone. It's day two and we're off to a flying start already. The lads have been working all through the night and have managed to secure most of the roofline. Inside the school, the plumbers have already started piping up, the tilers have began laying down in the changing rooms and the pool is currently getting a liner installed. I've been told a liner helps eliminate the maintenance cost of ceramic tiles and helps cut down on the number of chemicals needed to keep the water in the right condition. Obviously a bonus then. Money is something Kersie House doesn't have a lot of.

Outside and work in the grounds is buzzing. They are marking out a car park on the right, a football field in the back, a play park and sensory garden in the middle and... that all important safety fence to protect the children from the main road. To say it's chaotic out here would be an understatement. There are building materials everywhere and they have an annoying habit of getting in your shoe.

Now, you might remember yesterday we had a bit of a problem. David James, the man in charge of overseeing the grounds side of the project, was rushed to hospital. I'm pleased to say he's on the road to recovery but, unfortunately, won't be able to work for a number of weeks yet.

Luckily, Billy, of all people, was about to come to the rescue and convinced, none other than, tooladdoo! award winning landscaper, Harry Styles, to take over the helm.

Of course I had to go down a meet the man. Anyone that has the likes of Louis Tomlinson all flustered is definitely a legend.

Nick: Hello Harry! Can I call you Harry?

Harry [beaming and shaking Nick's hand]: Of course! How do you do?

Nick: Excellent thanks. It's great to see you! Thanks for coming down on such short notice.

Harry: Absolute pleasure; fantastic cause this.

Nick: So, you know we have nine days – seven and a half now – to complete this massive project? Do you think it can be done or do you think we're all insane?

Harry [laughing]: Well... I think all big, worthwhile projects need a little insanity but... with Louis Tomlinson in charge I think anything is possible.

Nick [eyes glinting]: Ahh, so you've met our little designer-in-chief?

Harry [cheeks pinking a little]: Yes I have, about an hour ago.

Nick on voice over: Is that a blush? I think it is. Oooooooh It's been ages since I've done a little matchmaking on this programme. And playing cupid is one of my many talents. Well... okay... maybe it isn't but let's give it a go anyway.

Nick [waggling eyebrows]: And how did you get on? He seemed quite excited to work with you.

Harry [definitely blushing]: He seems a lovely guy – very friendly - and incredibly passionate about the cause.  

Nick: Pretty handsome too, so I hear.

Harry [ducking his head and grinning goofily]: That too. Very easy on the eyes.

Nick on voice-over: Aww, look at that! Definitely some mutual crushing going on.

Nick: Exceptionally talented too, so I'm told?

Harry: Oh goodness yes! The Peyton Hotel in Dubai is an absolute stroke of genius. I actually have a four by six canvas of it in my house. The delicate bone structure of the lily leafs is simply awe-inspiring. True art on a massive scale. He has an astonishing eye for detail and I am so excited to be working with him.

Nick: Funnily enough, he said almost the same about you when we informed him you'd agreed to help out.

Harry[ducking his head again and shuffling his feet]: I'm nowhere as good as he. But that's really nice of him to say so

Nick on voice-over: Nawwwwwwwwwwww!

Nick: Okay. So my next question, are you going to be adding of your own genius to the grounds plan?

Harry: Not really. David came up with a pretty spectacular plan so I want to honour him by sticking as close to it as possible. The only thing I am hoping to change is the treehouse. When we measured up this morning we found that the ramp for the wheelchairs would actually need to be longer to suit a 1:12 ratio. Therefore it would end up having to come all the way out to go all the way back in again to reach the treehouse. A ramp isn't really that exciting when it's not even in the trees so I thought, why don't we make the tree house bigger and make the ramp part of it? Have a tree-castle rather than a tree-house.

Nick: How much bigger are you talking?

Harry [scratching the back of his head]: Probably about six times the size.

Nick [stares for a long moment then manically laughs]: Mate, you are mental. Seven and a half days. YOU HAVE SEVEN AND A HALF DAYS!

Harry [grinning]: I'll manage it! But I better get started.

Nick: Off you go then. Good luck... [shakes head] mental... absolutely mental.

He really better get stuck in, there is a staggering amount to do and I've heard rumours that we're heading in for some pretty bad weather. I just hope it stays away long enough to get most of the work done.

I admit; I am incredibly nervous with this build. We ran into so many problems with Little Miracles that we almost didn't finish in time. This project is three times the size. I can see a lot of sleepless nights.

While everyone is working hard, I thought it a good idea to catch up with a few more of the teachers and parents and find out about what daily life was like at the school

Lauren Goodyear (teacher): My old classroom in Kersie was barely big enough to hold four double desks and yet we had to cram in three wheelchairs and eight chairs for the able-bodied children. The kids had no room to move about and often we had to lift the children up to reach the sinks to wash their hands. The room was also in a terrible state. The walls were peeling, there were leaks in the roof, we didn't dare touch any of the sockets and it was freezing in winter. But we had no choice but to make do with what we had. There were no other usable rooms in the school. It was either take it or have nothing at all.

Sandra Thompson (Primary teacher): One of the most remarkable things about Kersie was that it never truly closed it's doors. It may have been in a terrible state but it had so much life in it. After lessons finished the school opened up to lots of extra-curricular activities like sports clubs, a reading club, a drama club and social play. There was also evening respite for parents who worked late. The children would be looked after by a small group of trained volunteers and would get their evening meal before mum or dad picked them up. Many parents relied on these services – without them, they couldn't hope to keep their jobs.

Jane Jenkins (sports coordinator): The school is just as important during the summer as through the term. While the kids may get a long holiday, most parents still have a job to go to. Finding summer childminding is hard enough for most parents; but when you have a special needs child it becomes next to impossible. The summer play scheme we run allows the parents to go to work and have peace of mind that their child is receiving quality care and stimulation like they would at home. If Kersie House goes, they'll probably lose that vital service too.

Catherine Mercer: My daughter loves the summer play scheme. We live in a small hamlet and, because she's wheelchair bound, she can't really do things with the other children in the village. She can't go exploring in the woods, can't play on the beach... the small playpark is ill-equipped for her to use and the roads around the village are pretty steep. The summer scheme lets her hang about with her school friends all day, like any other child and that's important. Why should she be excluded from enjoying a normal childhood just because she has to use a wheelchair? 

John Peters: There's not a lot of help out there when you've got a disabled child. I want my son to have a life even if he will never achieve what most other kids do. The staff at the school are absolutely amazing. Every day my son comes home from Kersie House and he has the biggest smile on his face. He can't tell me what he's learnt that day but I know from his expression he had fun.

When we're able bodied we take a lot of things for granted – the fact we can wash ourselves, dress ourselves, brush our own teeth. My son struggles with all of that. There are times when I want to cry over all the things he can't do... about how unfair it is and how I wish it could be different for him. But then something happens and I realise that there's no such thing as impossible.

Only last week, his key teacher phoned me up at work, all excited, to say Kyle had mimicked a classmate at the lunch table by picking up a spoon and putting it in his mouth. That may not sound like much to you but for Kyle, it's something we thought he'd never manage to achieve. And because we never thought he'd manage it we had never given him the opportunity to try. So that night we put food on a spoon for him on his plate and he managed to feed himself four mouthfuls all by himself. For a child with gross motor skill impairment that is an amazing achievement. And that fact that he learned is all thanks to the amazing work of the teachers at Kersie House. They know how to teach on a level he understands and they give him the opportunities that we would never think of so that he can learn things we were told he might never manage to do.

Gemma Kribbon: My son, James, is autistic and it can be a very difficult condition to manage. There aren't many people in the world who understand autism and I've found I get a lot of judgement whenever my son has a meltdown in public. They seem to think that it's all down to bad parenting. But he can't help these episodes and putting his hands over his ears and screaming is often the only way he can cope with some situations.

You have no idea how it feels when people stare as he chews his clothes or bangs his head off the bus window and I've seen people edge their own children away like he might be dangerous. It hurts so much. But at Kersie House, everyone just understands and lets him get on with it. It's not just the teachers either. You can be having a conversation with another parent in the playground and he'll get into a screaming fit and the other parent won't blink an eye or stop talking. They all understand. They're in the same position. Kersie is the only place my son and I feel completely accepted and th... [chokes up] that acceptance will all disappear if Kersie closes.

Clearly the work of Kersie House is detrimental for this community and that is why we are here today. Children in Need supports schools and charities just like Kersie House up and down the country. You can help by donating £5 right now. Text DIYSOS or TEAM to 70705 and we can help other places like Kersie House in the future.

~*~

It's half-way through day three and things are really starting to take shape. In fact, it's astounding to see what has been achieved in so little time.

The tarmac is being laid in the car park – by tomorrow it will be finished! The fence around the school is almost complete and there are even gates being installed that bear the school name. A friend of Harry Styles has also donated galvanised metal shapes to give the fence some fun décor. The kids will now be reminded everyday just what sort of fun things await them inside the gates and I must say it's looking fab.

The pathways through the grounds have all been dug out and packed – ready to be tarmaced. The garden and vegetable plot are starting to take shape, the top layer of the sports pitch is being laid as we speak. The play park is in the process of being dug out and the foundations are in for the treecastle. I have to say Harry Styles has organised the chaos well. They're sprinting ahead! Lets just hope the weather holds out for him.

Inside the school, things have slowed down a bit. The sheer amount of wiring and plumbing are starting to take their toll and stress levels are rising.

Billy: It's madness. As soon as we solve one problem ten more arise. I'm about tearing my hair out... well, what's left of  it anyway aha.

And considering the size of the project it's pretty jam-packed inside – with so many people working on top of each other. Sometimes literally.

[pan to two guys lifting another to peer through a ventilation duct] I'm not sure that's good health and safety... er, moving on quickly.

As we go through the school we see there's flooring being laid in the sports hall, the stage is under construction in the assembly hall, in the pool area the liner has been installed and half of the tiles have been laid around the poolside. It might interest you to know that between the poolside and the changing area there are 7000 tiles – all of which will be laid and grouted by hand. Yeah, I bet you thought tiling your bathroom was hard work! Have a heart for these guys – their backs will be broke at the end of the day.

Around about, all the classrooms are starting to take shape. Thank goodness because tomorrow the plasterers need to get started on the walls. Chris and Julian are already getting ansty. It's going to be a massive job. So much so that we've had to recruit almost 100 volunteer plasterers from around the county. There will be so many of them arriving tomorrow that we've had to hire a coach to ferry them to and from the local train station!

I feel it's also important to mention, at this point, that it's largely thanks to Louis that we've managed to get so many people in to help this time around. He's literally maxed out his little black book of contractors and trades to get us the manpower we need.

Harry too, has brought a small army of landscapers with him to help create the perfect playground environment that Louis and David dreamed of.

Talking of Louis and Harry; I wonder how our little courtiseramoureux are getting along...

[Nick peers around a classroom door, and squints throught the legs of a sparky on a ladder. He can just make out Louis and Harry huddled over a table, heads bowed together over a large plan. He turns back to the camera and waggles his eyebrows before squeezing past the sparky to join them.]

Nick: Hello lads, you're looking mighty cosy here.

Both blush.

Louis: Harry was just showing me his finalised sketch of the treecastle. It's incredible. I never would of thought of something like this and I know the kids will love it.

Harry [turning the drawing towards the camera and blushing even harder at Louis' words]: It's quite a simple design. Effectively it will be a spiralling 30ft square ramp, rising up at a ratio of 1 inch every foot so by the time you get to the top, you're five metres high – almost in the sky. For many of the wheelchair users they will never have had that sort of freedom before. Each corner of the castle will have a turret with a window to look out of and a board of things to touch and explore. Basically we'll be extending the sensory garden into the trees. Safety wise, the guardrail either side of the ramp will be high enough to stop any kids from falling over the edge but low enough so that wheelchair users will be able to see over the top. The idea is to give the kids access to nature so that they can see plants and wildlife up close and in their natural habitat.

Nick: It sounds wonderful. When I was a kid, I used to love going for adventures in the woods with my friends and it's brilliant you're giving these children the same oppotunity. I can't wait to see it.

Louis: Me either. My parents used to take us to Center Parcs in Sherwood Forrest every Easter. I spent every hour of daylight climbing the trees and pretending to be Robin Hood.

Harry: No kidding! Mum took me there every Easter too!

Nick on voice over: Soul mates. Told ya.

Harry: I used to love climbing this old horse chestnut near the lake. The conkers would only just be starting to grow so I would pull them off and see how far across the lake I could throw them.

Louis [voice eager]: I used to do that too! Well... I used to spend more time dropping them on my sisters' heads when they were canoeing than throwing them as far as I could but anyway... Was it the horse chestnut right next to the boat ramp?

Harry: That's the one!

Nick on voice over: It's like fate! Seriously. It's so sweet my teeth are starting to ache.

Louis: Wow, what an amazing coincidence! Which week of the holidays did you go? We always went the second week.

Harry: Aw, we always went the first week.

Nick on voice over: Okay, a little bit of fate then.

Louis: So you'd be leaving as I was arriving. That's such a shame. I would have loved another boy to hang around with. Four sisters is two many girls for one bloke to deal with alone. I bet you wouldn't have been afraid of a few spiders and some mud.

Harry: Not at all. I would have loved to have been the Little John to your Robin; I bet we would have had the best adventures.

Nick on voice over: They are flirting. They are really flirting – this is going to end in marriage I'm telling you.

At the end of day three, everything still seems to be going to plan. It's almost too good to be true.

~*~

...Day 4 and the problem with tempting fate is that you usually end up losing. Today is a complete washout. It's so bad, it's turned the bases for the playpark equipment into mini swimming pools. To make matters worse, there are thirty tonnes of soil being delivered today and all of it has to be moved into position by hand. Soil plus heavy rainfall equals an absolute mess. Look at them; the grounds team are absolutely filthy! Harry and his mates are in for a hellish day – so glad it's not me. I'm keeping dry by helping out in the assembly hall where Mark has roped in none other than comic-book artist extraordinaire Zayn Malik to provide a mural on the back wall. The theme is 'inspiration' and included are cartoon depictions of some of the most famous scientists, athletes and celebrities who all have special needs. The aim is to motivate the students to be all they can be – to show them that just because they have a condition it doesn't mean they can't achieve great things.

Nick: Hello Zayn. Nice to see you. Good to have you onboard mate.

Zayn [shaking Nick's hand]: Thanks.

Nick: So why is this project important for you?

Zayn: One of my greatest inspirations in life was the cartoonist John Callahan. He was left quadriplegic after a car accident and yet he found a way to continue drawing and writing music despite his condition. He proved that if you have the will then there always a way. Everyone needs a good role-model. Kersie House has done some fantastic work over the last few decades to give their children everything they need to achieve their maximum potential. So I think it's important for the kids at Kersie House to know there are relatable role-models in the real world and if I can help show that, if only in caricature, then I think it's my duty to do so.

The attitude of everyone helping out on this build is amazing. You hear so much negativity about society in the media these days but this is living proof there is still a lot of community care going around and a real desire to help others.

And the community care just keeps shining down on our project. As the rain worsens, the makeshift tarpaulins allowing the brickies to keep going are starting to cave in. Rain and unset mortar do not go well. But losing even a single day would spell disaster and make it impossible to finish in time.

The local firebrigade have been helping pump water from the foundation trench but it's fast becoming a losing battle. So in steps local marquee and tent specialist 'Leyton Events' who have almost cleared out their entire stock to provide proper rainproof covers we can hang over the scaffolding to allow the brickies to continue. Owner Liam Payne...

Liam: Anything we can do to help, we will. This is a detrimental service for our community. My sister went to Kersie and the help they gave her was immeasurable. They helped her see past her learning difficulties and she's now a very successful paramedic with the Yorkshire Ambulance Service. We won't let Kersie go without a fight.

It was a good job that Leyton Events stepped in when they did. If we thought the rain was bad earlier, it's nothing compared to now...

Julian [staring out an open doorway at the hammering rain]: Holy moly.

Billy: It's like a wall of water.

The conditions have now got so bad that the grounds team have had to seek shelter. And if my eyes are not deceiving me, a certain member of the grounds team is getting some very personal care from a certain project manager...

[Camera pans to Harry sitting on a cardboard box with a blanket around him as Louis hands him a steaming mug of tea with a soft smile. As the camera lingers on them, their fingers brush around the cup and Louis laughs as he pushes Harry's sopping curls back from his face.]

Nick: Awwwwwwwwwww

Nick on voice over: I bags best-man.

Julian: What's aww?

Nick [tipping his head towards Harry and Louis]: Those too.

Billy: Oh yeah I know. It's sweet. Me and the lads have a running bet on how long it'll take one of them to get the courage up to ask the other out. I've got a fiver on day 7.

Nick [faking outrage]: That's terrible making bets on someone's love life!  

Julian [shrugging]: I have a tenner on day six

Mark [popping his head around the door]: Day nine for me.

Nick shakes his head in mock despair.

Nick: Shocking. Shocking... alright, put me down for a tenner for day eight.

~*~

Thankfully by ten am on Day five the sky is clear and the grounds team can get back to work. They have a lot to do if they want to finish in time. Only the supporting pillars are in for the monster sized treecastle and they are going to need four dry days to have any hope of completing it.

Inside and half the plastering work is complete. After a six hour sleep, most of the 100 strong army are back at work already as they need it all completed by tonight if we want to stay on schedule.

The mural Zayn Malik is designing in the assembly hall is looking spectacular already and I know the children and their parents will find it incredibly inspirational.

On the opposite side of the room the stage is finished and looks splendid. Mark's done a fantastic job... only don't tell him I said that. His head is big enough already.

Elsewhere, the swimming pool and hydrotherapy pools are starting to be filled up, there are ceilings appearing everywhere, the plumbers are starting to install the wheelchair friendly bathrooms and the sports hall is receiving it's final coat of varnish.

All and all, things are looking up.

And while everyone is working hard, I'm heading twenty miles across the county to check up on another side project Louis has planned, and to be honest, I can't wait to see Headmistress Lizzie's face when she sees it.

Horan's Van and Minibus Specialists are a little company tucked into the back of a small Yorkshire village called Morton-on-Wren. Originally from Ireland, the Horans moved to Morton in 2002 and brought with them their vehicle outfitting company.

Nick: So this is Niall Horan who's in charge of this little side project. Niall, tell me, what exactly does this project entail?

Niall: Well Nick, we are fitting out two second-hand minibuses for Kersie House to use for their school trips so they won't have to beg around for both a bus and a volunteer driver every time they want to take a trip.

Nick: These buses look in pretty decent shape for being second hand.

Niall: They're actually only about five year old and still in great running order. The company that owned them previously were done for fraud and these, along with all their cars, were auctioned off. Due to poor bidding we got each bus for the price of an old banged up Corsa.

Nick: Now that's a bargain! So what exactly are you doing with them?

Niall: Well, because they were left in damp conditions for two years the inside was full of mildew so we're giving the insides a whole new refit. The outside is still in great condition so we're just going to jazz it up with a few picture transfers and, of course, add the name of the school to the sides. We're replacing the wheelchair lifts to make them more sturdy and reliable and putting a special filter on the windows to aid those who suffer from epilepsy.

Nick: That sounds great. I know the field trips are very important for the school and finding suitable and affordable transport is something they've struggled with. Well Niall I look forward to seeing the final product.

~*~

And from then on it's full steam ahead. [Montage of work being completed all over the site] Non-stop grafting from midnight to midnight. Seriously; it doesn't stop.

Of course, we had to stop for an hour for the traditional game of football on day 8. This time it was the building team versus the grounds team. And there was some surprising talent on the pitch.

[Camera zooms to Louis playing keepy-uppy before expertly kicking the ball up and catching it on his back.]

Louis: I love football. Before I went to university I trained with Doncaster United – made the reserve list just before I had to give it up to go study.

Nick: So if you weren't a world famous architect you might've been a world famous football player?

Louis [laughing]: I don't think I could have ever been that good but you know... it's most boys' dream to play in the premiership. Who knows what might have happened. But for what it's worth, I'm happy with what I've achieved and I hope I've made more positive impact on people's lives by choosing architecture over football.

Nick on voice over: So modest it makes you sick.

And where there's talent there's usually the... exact opposite.

[Cut to Harry missing the ball and face-planting on the pitch]

Nick [talking to Harry on the bench]: So football isn't really your thing. then?

Harry [laughing]: For how much I know about the game you would think I would be better at playing it.

Nick: It's quite amazing. I mean, I never thought I would find anyone worse than Billy and he can't even break into a run anymore.

Harry [blushing as he laughs]: I have no defence, I admit. But Louis' pretty talented though – makes up for my lack of skills.

Nick: He is talented. I think he's single-handedly keeping the building team afloat [in the background Louis scores another goal to the cheering of the small gathering of spectators]. Hey, maybe you should ask him for a few pointers? You know... over a pint of beer... in a nice restaurant... with a bit of romantic lighting...

Harry [groaning and burying his face in his towel]: Ugh... not you too. I'm so obvious, aren't I?

Nick [laughing and patting Harry on the back]: Just a bit mate.

[Cut to montage of Harry's best love-sick expressions and heart-eyes towards Louis to the tune of Elvis' Can't Help Falling In Love With You]

Harry: ...so embarrassing...

Nick: Don't worry, Louis' even worse.

[Cue another montage but this time of Louis staring after Harry with stars in his eyes]

Nick on voice-over: Seriously, this will end in marriage.

Don't forget ladies and gentlemen, this build couldn't have happened without the money raised by Children in Need. So please pick up your phone and text either DIYSOS or TEAM to 70705 and donate £5 today.

~*~

It's incredible just how much work has been put into this project and as the we start to add the final touches let's just take a moment to marvel at the sheer scale of the project we undertook.

Nine days, one hundred and fourteen thousand man hours, 36 lorry loads of concrete, 202 panels, 34 roof locks, over 8 thousand tonnes of building material, 110000 litres of pool water, 7000 tiles, two miles of plumbing, three miles of electrical cable, 1875 square metres of wall space boarded, plastered and painted, 170 metres of pathways tarmaced, 12000 meals. 36000 cups of tea, 750 square metres of flooring laid, 1056 hard hats worn and 46 toilet rolls consumed.

But it's all worth it for the final result.

Thanks to everyone involved we're going to give Kersie House the building they deserve so they can continue their amazing work.

~*~

When we first heard about Kersie House their current school building had just been condemned and with no money to spare, the council were going to have to close the centre and distribute the pupils to mainstream schools across the county. The closure was destined to ruin hundreds of lives and put an end to decades of extraordinary work that helped enrich the futures of thousands of children with special needs. We couldn't let that happen.

So with the help of more than a thousand people, we knocked down the old building and started again. Together, we've created a 750 square, fit for purpose school, which should help the staff of Kersie House enrich the lives of pupils for decades to come.

The school is split into two one-story sections, a primary school and a high school with a host of shared facilities in between.

The primary school is a riot of colour; with ramps allowing easy access for wheelchair users, 4 large classrooms to allow the children to move around with ease, fit for purpose toilet and showering facilities, a large sensory room to calm up to fifteen kids at a time and adjustable equipment to suit the needs of individual pupils so they can get the most out of their education. To the end of the building are the offices, first aid and the ever important counselling room.

On the high school side we've given them three main classrooms seating up to 20 teenagers at a time. There is a dedicated art room, a large kitchen, a music room, a metal and wood workshop and a library.

The two schools are joined together by a gym hall, a small swimming pool and hydrotherapy pool, an assembly hall with a wheelchair accessible stage and a peaceful courtyard dining area where the two schools can intermingle during break times.

Outside, and thanks to David and Harry, there's a whole new world to discover. There's a proper car park for the teachers with a large drop off point for parents and buses in the morning. At the back, the two minibuses sit pride of place – giving the school an independence it's never really had. I have to say Niall and his family have done a fantastic job fitting them up; they really look the part.

The whole school perimeter of the school is now fenced in to keep the children safe and away from the main road. The overgrown field at the back has been transformed into an all-weather synthetic games pitch that can host a wide variety of sports from football, athletics, tennis, hockey, wheelchair basketball and so on. Further forward, there's a large play park that both able bodied and wheelchair bound kids can enjoy together. Everything in the grounds is accessible by hundreds of metres of tarmaced paths – allowing those in wheelchairs to have the same freedom as their fellow students.

The concrete expanse at the front has been turned into a grass park with several picnic benches for those wanting to sit and read or eat lunch in the sun. Towards the back doors of the school sits a beautiful sensory garden with a few quiet spots to allow it's visitors a moment of peace. Just beyond the sensory garden lies a small vegetable plot to help teach the kids how to grow plants and food. Once again, the needs of the pupils have been considered and the beds have been raised to wheelchair height.

Of course we can't possibly forget to mention the pièce de résistance; Harry's magical treecastle. And what a spectacular sight it is. A 30ft square palace spiralling up into the trees with turrets and windows and lots of things to see and touch... The craftsmanship is simply awe inspiring. No matter their special needs, all the children can enjoy adventures in the woods and let their imaginations run wild.

There's only one thing that remains. Lets see what the teachers and students think, starting with headmistress, Lizzie Scholefield.

[Nick and Lizzie standing outside the school gates. Lizzie has her eyes closed]

Nick: I know you haven't been anywhere near the site since you left it on the last day of term. I also know that you didn't get to see the plans either so you have no idea about what you're about to see. So I really, really hope you like what the community has managed to pull together and do for you and the school. So, if you're ready, you can open your eyes.

[Lizzie opens her eyes and stares]

Nick: Welcome to the new Kersie House.

[Lizzie takes in the gates and then the building beyond. The left hand side of the school is a rainbow of colours with a plague reading 'Kersie Juniors'. In the middle there is a set of four automatic doors that serve as the entrance for both schools. The right of the building is a modern glass expanse with the all-important plaque reading 'Kersie Seniors'. Lizzie takes it all in quietly and then bursts into tears. Nick pulls her in for a hug and the scene fades. It cuts back to five minutes in the future.]

Lizzie [wiping her eyes]: I just can't believe what I'm seeing. It's beautiful. We have a fence! And paths! And grass! And ramps! I... I never expected anything like this. I mean, you've given us two schools in one – two schools. You have no idea how much of an amazing impact it'll have on the older students. They won't be so distracted by having younger kids mixed in with their classes. Wow... just wow. I don't know... I'm just speechless.

Nick: Let me show you around then. Do you like the gates?

Lizzie: Oh yes they're amazing – not only will they help keep the children safe but they'll give the school an amazing sense of identity.

Nick: As you can see, you have access to everything, these paths snake all the way through the grounds and up to the woods - giving the students plenty of running ground. There is an all weather sports pitch at the back and a playground that's suitable for wheelchairs as well as those able to walk. There's a sensory garden which offers an oasis of calm and a small vegetable plot where the teachers can teach the kids how to grow plants and food. And you know the wooded area that caused you so many problems with students getting lost? Well we've built you a giant treecastle that all the kids can play in so they can explore the woods in a safe and accessible manner.

Lizzie: Amazing... I... I can barely take it in.

Nick: And this is only the grounds. Come on lets join the other teachers, parents and children and have a look around inside you new school building.

[Montage as everyone explores the new school. There are a lot of gasps and hands over mouths as they discover all the different facilities. The younger children run and wheel around excitedly looking into their new classrooms and play areas. The teachers clamour over the size of the rooms and the adjustable tables and talk about how it's all going to make the experience of school so much better for the students. Then it's over to the highschool where the older students discover all their new purpose built subject rooms.

Megan Callaghan (pupil with Down's Syndrome): Wow, I feel like a proper highschool student now. This is amazing.

[After exploring the highschool end it's back to the middle to see the extra facilities the two schools will share.

Lizzie breaks down in tears again as Nick shows them the swimming pool and the hydrotherapy pool. And there's not a dry eye in the house as the teachers head into the assembly hall and see the incredible mural Zayn Malik has painted for them.]

Ryan Tyzuin [pupil]: Look mummy, he's in a wheelchair too!

Jade Tyzuin: Do you know who that is? His name is Itzhak Perlman – he's a very famous violinist.

Ryan: Do you think I could grow up like him?

Jade: Anything is possible.

Lauren Goodyear (teacher): You have no idea how inspirational this is going to be. It will show the kids that they can achieve so much even if they have special needs.

[Nick gathers them up and gentle pulls Lizzie by the wrist to the front]

Nick: I have one more surprise. Follow me

[They exit out the main entrance and walk around to the car park]

Nick: As you can see, you now have a proper designated car park. There's also a drop off point for parents and buses so the kids can arrive safely. But that isn't the surprise I want to show you. Have a walk around the corner.

[There is a pause before there's a chorus of screams, yells and cheers.

Lizzie [sounding dumbstruck as she stares up at the mini-buses]: We have a school bus. We have two school buses. I... oh Nick...  oh Nick... [she wipes her cheeks] thank you... from the bottom of my heart thank you.

Nick [speaking softly]: You're welcome. How would you like to meet the people who made this possible?

Lizzie: Oh yes. Please introduce us to these incredible people.

Nick on voice over: It's time to say thank you. And here they come; all 1192 of them

[Teachers, parents and children all cheer and clap as a sea of safety helmets and hi-vis jackets walk across the grounds.]

Nick [addressing the crowd]: We always said we would do a build from the ground up and we did that with Little Miracles in 2013. After that, we said it would be impossible to build anything bigger from scratch in the nine day timeframe. Well this year we proved ourselves wrong, building something three times the size of Little Miracles – although it was touch and go throughout [everyone laughs]. This amazing feat was only made possible by the workers you see in front of you – people who gave up their time to help out, for no pay and nine days of sleepless nights. We did that to give you all the school we think you deserve. And now I want to introduce you to the man behind the whole project, the man who kept his head when the going got tough and managed to ensure that this whole project was finished in time. Please give a warm hand to Louis Tomlinson!

[A deafening cheer rings out as Louis steps forward]

Louis: Ladies and children, boys and girls. When I saw the state of your old school I was horrified. I asked why on earth it hadn't been closed years ago. But then I saw the incredible work that the teachers did inside classrooms, witnessed the individual care and love they gave each child and how child flourished because of it and I knew why it hadn't closed. There are few schools in Britain that have such dedicated staff and even fewer that have such awe inspiring results. There are more students from this school who are able to move into further education or secure a job straight from school than in all the special needs schools in Northern England put together. Despite the fact the school was falling down around you, Kersie House you proved that what most counted was what went on in the inside.

I knew then that I couldn't let them close you down. And after speaking to many of the parents, finding out how the school had changed their lives as well as their children's, I knew the community had a duty to build to respond to your cry of need. We have since made you a school that offers you more opportunities than you might ever need so that you can carry on your amazing work. Over 70% of the people you see standing behind me live within twenty miles of this school and I know some of them have or have had children attend Kersie House. Their dedication is a testament to your achievements. And I'm sure I speak for them when I say I hope what we've given you is everything you've ever dreamed of because you deserve it thrice over.

[An almighty cheer rises up as the crowd bursts into applause. Harry and Billy can be seen wiping tears from their eyes]

Nick: Lizzie? Do you have anything you would like to say to the community?

Lizzie: On behalf of the teachers, pupils and parents can I say a massive thank you. Seriously, thank you from the bottom of our hearts. What you have created is a legacy. You have given the students a safe and stimulating environment in which they can thrive and learn independence. You've given them back their dignity. You have given them the opportunity to learn and discover themselves just like every other child. This school will still be here in thirty to forty years time; teaching children that they can still have a life, can still have a childhood, can still achieve their dreams even if they have special needs... and that is all thanks to you. 

Nick: Congratulations everyone.

[Montage of everyone intermingling. Close up of Harry pointing out the different flowers to a little girl in a wheelchair, Billy and Julian jumping rope with some of the older pupils, Louis taking the hands of two Down's Syndrome boys and leading them up through the treehouse, pointing out the birds in the trees]

Nick: It's always amazing to see just how much of an impact a project like this has on a community. Unfortunately we can't be there to help everyone in the country and that's where Children In Need comes in. I know times are tight but just £5 can make a huge difference to the lives of children in your area. Text DIYSOS or TEAM to 70705.

That just leaves us with one last thing to discuss.

[Cut to a crowd of workers surrounding Nick, Harry and Louis – who are sitting at one of the picnic benches. Harry and Louis are blushing as they hold hands across the table]

Nick: Now lads. Over the course of the nine days we couldn't help but notice a little romance budding amongst all the plaster and mud. And today's papers seem to confirm that the romance has blossomed.

[Harry and Louis blush even harder as the group coos and teases them]

Nick: I don't know if you know but there was a little bet going round as to which day you two would pluck up the courage and ask the other out.

Louis [laughing]: That's terrible! Putting bets on people's love lives like that.

Nick: That was what I thought but the others talked me into placing a bet anyway.

Louis [rolling his eyes]: Sure they did

Nick [clearing his throat]: Anyway, we were hoping you could confirm for us which day it happened and thus who won the bet as there is a very fine bottle of whisky riding on it.

[As Nick points to said bottle, Harry and Louis look at each other and smile]

Harry: Day six.

Julian: Yesss!! Yes! Yes! Yes!

[As Julian grabs the bottle and kisses it, everyone groans and starts to walk away. Nick turns back to the camera]

Nick: There you have it folks. Until next year, goodbye from everyone from the Big Build. Thanks for watching.

The End.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.7K 467 8
603 2 15
Larry Stylinson story