His Forever (His #2)

By bourbonvanilla

This is the second book of His series. Please read the first one (His At Night), otherwise this book won't ma... More

Summary
Chapter 1 : Mr. Changeable
Chapter 2 : Mr. Persistent
Chapter 3 : Mr. Apologetic
Chapter 4 : Mr. Unstoppable
Chapter 5 : Mr. Remarkable
Chapter 6 : Mr. Complicated
Chapter 7 : Mr. Different
Chapter 8 : Mr. Cute
Chapter 9 : Mr. Assorted
Chapter 10 : Mr. Afraid
Chapter 11 : Mr. Erratic
Chapter 12 : Mr. Volatile
Chapter 13 : Mr. Supportive
Chapter 14 : Mr. Willing
Chapter 15 : Mr. Wanting
Chapter 16 : Mr. Annoyed
Chapter 17 : Mr. Domineering
Chapter 18 : Mr. Disturbed
Chapter 19 : Mr. Giving
Chapter 20 : Mr. Boundless
Chapter 21 : Mr. Efficient
Chapter 22 : Mr. Heady
Chapter 23 : Mr. Combative
Chapter 24 : Mr. Sneaky
Chapter 25 : Mr. Determined
Chapter 27 : Mr. Happy
Chapter 28 : Mr. Mine
Epilogue : Mr. Husband
Braden's POV: Chapter 5 : Mr. Irresistable (book one)
Braden's POV: Chapter 12 : Mr. Fierce (book one)
Braden's POV: Chapter 21 : Mr. Eager (book one)
Braden's POV: Chapter 32 : Mr Heartbreaker (book one)
Braden's POV: Chapter 4 : Mr. Unstoppable (book two)
His to Love (His #3)

Chapter 26 : Mr. Vulnerable

221K 5.9K 1.7K
By bourbonvanilla

Please don't forget to vote and comment!

''Good morning, Miss Rory. Mr Campbell said to take the Range Rover today to work.'' Jeff dingles the keys. ''Boss also said you can drive if you want.''

I smile sweetly. ''Good morning, Jeff. You can tell your boss I'll run his ass over with this shiny new Range Rover one of these days.'' I keep the sweet smile intact.

Jeff looks uncomfortable. ''Uh, I don't think that's a wise thing to do.''

I laugh. ''He certainly deserves it sometimes. But don't look so frightened, Jeff. I won't harm your boss. Much,'' I add under my breath, smiling even bigger.

Jeff looks like he doesn't know what to do with me. ''Are you going to drive, Miss?'' he asks instead.

I sigh. Well, if Braden buys me a fancy ass car that's worth more than I let myself think, then I'm sure as hell going to enjoy it. ''Sure. Let's take this baby for a ride.''

Jeff looks a bit stiff as he opens the driver door for me and goes sit in the passenger seat. ''I want to tell you that you don't have to come with me, but I know that Braden's orders surely forbid you to do that.'' A sigh escapes me. He's such a difficult man sometimes. He's lucky I love him so much because I don't know which woman would put up with him and his orders so lightly ...

Starting up the Range Rover, I can't keep the smile off my face when I finally get an idea how to handle it. And I'm on the road, feeling like a queen, driving in this big thing. But it's really nice.

I remember to give Braden a kiss, maybe more, for it later and apologise to him for even fighting over the car. Why did I fight because of it again?

I come to the bar and regretfully go out. It was such a nice drive I want to just keep driving around. Maybe later.

''Thanks for your company, Jeff.'' I grin at him and he returns me a small smile, his lips barely moving.

''Anytime, Miss,'' he says respectfully.

I go into the bar in high spirits today for some reason. Minutes after I start the shift, I get a text from none other than Braden.

Liked driving your new car? :)

I dwell on him sending me a smiley. It makes me grin.

I won't even ask how he found out I was driving the car he gave me so fast because I know that he can get anything he wishes for and nothing stays hidden from him.

I decide on teasing him a bit.

Meh ... it was 'kay

I bite my bottom lip, trying desperately not to fall into a fit of giggles. I don't even know what is it with me today. I'm in a really good mood for no apparent reason.

Really? Jeff told me something entirely else ... I might not react kindly if he was lying to me.

The thoughts of how he coldly wanted to fire that poor woman just because she didn't know I'm Braden's girlfriend and didn't let me up to his office comes to my mind and I suddenly feel sorry for everyone who's working for Braden.

Well, technically, I'm working for him, too, but he better not be that ruthless to me or he's going to have another thing coming,

Overreacting again, Mr Campbell? How's ur headache?

I hope he feels better and I hope he took some pills for it. I hate that he's over-working himself. I hate it even more that he didn't get enough sleep two nights ago because of his ex. And him being stubborn, he didn't want to take a nap yesterday after work. He rather indulged himself into other ... activities.

I flush at the memory.

Not even remotely, Miss Warren. I despise liars. My headache is better. You can stop worrying your pretty little head now. x

Ah, the kiss! Even though it's just virtual, it makes me warm with happiness. Looking at him, I'd never thought of him as a man who sends his girlfriend kisses via text messages. And smileys. But I like it.

Okay, Big Boy. I loved driving the car, it's really awesome. Now u can leave poor Jeff alone. Worrying comes with my love. Get used to it xx

P.S. I'm rolling my eyes at u right now

It goes a few hours without his text now and I'm anxiously waiting for his reply. I'm addicted to talking to him and I need my fill, no matter how weird that might sound.

But when his text does come, I make sure to open it immediately. I notice he actually sent me two.

Oh, I already know. :). Are you trying to make me jealous of my driver? I'll take your love and your worry with open arms and a big smile, believe me. x

P.S. Keep it up and I might turn your ass red when I come home.

My heart flutters in my chest as I read his text. Until I read the jealousy part and my eyebrows knit together. What in the world?!

I type back a response, U're impossible sometimes. Why, of course, Braden. I'm going to leave u someday and have a love romance with him!

P.S. U're not getting anywhere near my ass, thank u very much

The clock is nearing the end of my shift and I'm already impatient to get home and wait for Braden. I love when he's playful with me and I love when he's in a good mood, which he's been a lot lately, thankfully. Just thinking how he was back when I met him ... Jesus, I thought I'll never learn to read him and his moods.

But I love you. And don't ever say anything similar to that again, Rory. Ever. I'm not laughing.

Shit. Without a kiss and without a P.S. this time? I screwed up. I know I shouldn't write something like that. He's got a bad experience with this and I'm making fun of it. Real nice, Rory. The one time you try using your poor, barely existent humour on him, you totally screw it up and offend him. Nice.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that. I love u xx

I stare down at my screen, willing my phone to show the message from Braden. I hope I didn't put him in a bad mood.

P.S. I'm going to own that ass. Soon.

My insides get all warm at his message and I let out a sigh. It's okay, he's okay. He didn't take it too personally, I see, thankfully.

P.S. What if I don't let u?

His text comes seconds after I send him mine.

Don't doubt me, love. I always get what I want. x

Okay, so he has a big ego, but I already knew that. I would probably have it, too, if I was him.

I don't respond him because the shift comes to an end and I'm free to go home. I pace fast to my car, feeling giddy that I get to drive it again – this time without Jeff. And I hope it's not because of my terrible joke I told Braden.

***

I'm reading a book on the couch in the living room at Braden's suite when the elevator pings and Braden steps out of it. I put the book down and sit up a little.

Braden's eyes fall right on me. He tugs at his tie, taking powerful steps toward me, only with one mission in his head – coming to me as fast as he can. His eyes stay trained on me and his pace quickens.

I want to stand from the couch when Braden surprises me by laying down on top of me, embracing me in his arms, putting his head on my chest. His eyes close as he inhales and then he lets out a content sigh.

I wrap one arm around him and I put the other hand in his hair, massaging his scalp and enjoying the feel of his silky hair beneath my fingers. ''How are you feeling?''

He groans in response and his arms tighten around me. His body is laying between my legs, but there's nothing erotic about it. It's based purely on a man just seeking a warm touch after a long day at work. ''Pretty shitty. Today was pure hell.''

My eyebrows raise at the choice of his words, but I don't comment on it. ''Does your head still hurt?''

Braden sighs, turning his head so his face is buried in my chest. ''Everything hurts, angel.''

I frown. I turn his head and touch his forehead. Jesus! He's literally burning. ''Braden, look at me,'' I order, wrapping my palms around his head.

His eyes open slowly. They're bloodshot red and he has to fight to keep them open. ''Go lay down in the bed, Braden. I'll make some soup for you and call a doctor.'' He grunts in response, but I stand my ground. I push him away from me a bit and he reluctantly unwraps himself from around me.

He goes up the stairs, literally dragging himself up. I go make some soup for him, as quick as I can, but when I deliver it up to his bedroom, he is fast asleep, laying in the bed with his face down.

He didn't even undress himself, poor him, so I do it for him. I have some trouble because he's heavy for me, but I manage and I cover him up then, wrapping him in the blankets. He doesn't even twitch in his sleep.

I trace his cheek softly before checking his forehead. He's still hot.

I sigh and go look for his phone in the pockets of his trousers. When I find it, I try to search for his doctor's number. Thankfully, he has him under D as a Dr John Martins and I hope it's the right number.

I dial and wait for him to pick up, and when he does, I explain him the situation as fast and describe it as much as I can. He says he'll come take a look, but that he thinks of my description he only got infected by a virus because of the low immune system.

I also go make some tea for him while he's sleeping. I don't want to wake him up because he sure needs that rest.

The doctor arrives a few hours later and I greet him, introduce myself and then instantly take him to Braden's bedroom where Braden is laying in bed, already awake, with his arm thrown over his eyes. I rush towards him. ''Babe,'' I whisper softly.

Braden removes his arm and blinks at me. I put my hand on his forehead to check his temperature, but he turns his head away. ''Don't touch me, Rory.''

I blink. And then blink again, my hand stopping midway, freezing in air. ''What?'' I ask puzzled.

''I don't want to get you sick. Step away, please.'' Braden's voice is groggy and harsh on the edges due to the dryness of his throat.

I drop my hand down like it's going to get burned. ''Are you serious?''

Braden looks at me. ''Yes, I don't want you getting sick. You're pregnant. You should go stay back at your flat, for a few days at least.''

I cock my head to the side, trying to read if he's totally serious. A lump forms in my throat as I see nothing but sincerity in his eyes. I swallow and nod my head, breaking our gazes and step away. ''Yeah. Okay.'' I barely choke out.

I want to turn around, but Braden grabs my hand, stopping me before he pulls it away as if he got burned. ''I don't want you to go, baby,'' he says, this time his voice is gentle. ''But you can't get sick. You're carrying a baby. Stay with Brooke until I get better and I'll call you as much as I can, alright?''

It makes sense. I know he means well, but his words hurt me at first. I don't know if this is hormones fucking with my head or I'm really that easily hurt. I lean down and kiss his forehead, caressing his cheek. ''Stay in bed, get rest and follow doctor's orders,'' I order.

Braden gives me a small smile. ''Yes, ma'am. Anything to make you happy,'' he says sarcastically, but his words still hold all the truth.

I roll my eyes at him. ''It'll make me happy if you'll get better sooner if you do what's best for you, for once in your life,'' I argue.

''You're right, baby. Now go.'' He moves away from my touch, giving my hands one last kiss before he drops them down, losing all contact with me. I don't want to leave him, but I have to think about the baby, too. I can't be selfish anymore, although I'd like nothing more than to look after him and take care of him like he always did of me.

I leave him and the doctor alone and wait downstairs in the living room for the doctor to finish. I sit on the couch and stare out of the enormous windows, seeing the sun slowly set and the lights getting lighter in the dark outside.

I don't know how much time passes while I just sit there, staring and nothing and thinking of nothing when the doctor comes down the stairs and I stand up. ''How is he?''

Dr Martins chuckles. ''He's certainly going to live, Mrs Rory,'' he jokes.

I chuckle, too, thankful that he can find humour in this and make a joke about it. It makes me calmer, knowing that it's definitely not anything too bad.

His face straightens then. ''As I assumed, he's got a virus infection due to the low immune system. He just needs to get some rest, drink some tea and eating soup will help him, too. I don't recommend him going outside so his state doesn't get worse. I prescribed some light medicine for him to get him to recover sooner, but he should be fine. It would be also recommended for someone to check up on him here and there, just to make sure there are not any other symptoms.''

I exhale and nod. ''Alright. I'll go pick up the medicine. Thank you for coming.'' I extend my hand and shake his.

''It's no problem. Here's the prescription.'' He hands me a piece of paper and I wrap my fingers around it, taking it from him.

''Alright. Thank you again,'' I say gratefully.

After the doctor leaves, I check on Braden again and see he's asleep again. I go buy the medicine for him and deliver it to his suite, putting it on the nightstand beside his bed, along with some tea and soup for when he wakes up.

And then I drive back home, enjoying the ride in my Range Rover.

Brooke is not at home when I come there so I'm a little disappointed. I put on some music on my phone and go prepare myself an early dinner. I'm feeling hungry more often now.

And after a nice dinner, I just go watch the TV. I realise that I haven't watched in a long time now, because when I'm with Braden, we never watch TV. We occupy ourselves otherwise ...

I settle on the couch, wrapping myself in the blanket. But just when I get comfortable, there's a knock on the door. ''Damn,'' I groan out in frustration. But then I think it could be Brooke and I get up on my feet too fast and the room spins around for a minute. I put my hand on my forehead and close my eyes for a second, taking a deep breath and then head for the door.

When I swing it open, my big smile slightly falters.

''Where's Brooke?'' It's Damien, the neighbour Brooke liked/still likes. He looks bad. He's in suit pants, a dress shirt and a vest, but it's all wrinkled and a few buttons on his dress shirt are open. And looking at his face, I notice his dishevelled hair and hooded eyes. And then I smell his breath, my eyes narrowing.

''Are you drunk?'' I ask with suspicion.

''Brooke!'' Damien shouts out, ignoring me. ''I need to see Brooke,'' he says to me, his voice urgent. He's breathing hard and he looks panicked.

It makes me panic, too. ''Why do you need to see her?''

Damien huffs, thrusting his both hands in his hair and tugging it, placing them on the back of his neck and exhaling. ''I fucked up. Again. Jesus, where the fuck is she, Rory? I need to see her.''

I cross my arms on my chest, staring at him, blocking the door. ''She's not here.''

''Fuck!'' Damien bellows, punching the wall beside the door frame. ''You better not be lying, Rory ...'' he comes closer to me, trying to look threatening, but I only lift my chin up high, levelling him with my stare.

''You should calm down before I slam this door in your face, Damien,'' I warn him, gripping the door.

''Shit, Rory,'' Damien says desperately. ''Just tell me where she is, I need to see her,'' he literally begs.

He must be really desperate. ''I don't know where she is. You should calm down and sober up before you talk to her,'' I suggest.

''No, I need to talk to her right now. Brooke!'' he calls out again, trying to see past me into the flat. ''Brooke, I need to talk to you!''

I sigh. ''She's not here, Damien. I didn't see her today yet,'' I tell him, patiently, like I'm talking to a small child.

''Well, where the fuck is she then? She's not picking up her goddamn phone!'' Damien says in pure frustration. He's breathing hard like he's been running and he's swaying on his feet.

''I think I have a good reason for that, you twat,'' comes Brooke's voice from the stairwell and Damien swiftly turns around, causing him to stumble.

''Babe,'' he breathes out and I can hear a smile along with relief in his voice.

Brooke huffs, her voice closer now. ''Not even close.'' She comes to stand in front of him and her nose scrunches up. ''You're drunk,'' she points out flatly.

''And you're gorgeous,'' Damien shoots back instantly. It makes me actually swoon a little, the way he acts around her. It's clear that he likes Brooke, it's written all over his face and in the way he's acting. It didn't escape my notice how much calmer he became the instant Brooke came here.

Brooke rolls her eyes, not giving in. ''Go home, Damien. You're drunk.''

He takes a step closer to her. I know I should probably leave them alone, but I'm curious how it's all going to end up and see if Brooke might need any support. ''I need to talk to you,'' Damien says.

Brooke lets out a long sigh. ''No, what you need to do is go home and sober up. Besides, I don't want to talk to you right now.''

Damien steps even closer to her, trying to put his hand on Brooke's cheek, but she steps back. ''And that's exactly why I need to talk to you,'' Damien insists, not taking her rejection to heart.

Brooke steps into the flat and I make a room for her, stepping back. ''Well, I don't share that opinion.'' She smiles icily. ''Goodnight, Damien.'' And she slams the door in his face.

She turns to me, a big smile spreading on her face. ''Hello, my dear friend. Did you know men suck? I'm actually thinking of becoming a nun,'' she says lightly as if that encounter a few seconds ago didn't even happen. She also says that loud enough for Damien to hear, who's probably still standing outside, the poor guy.

''Damn, Brooke. That was really harsh. What did the poor man do to you?'' I ask her, following her into the living room where she crashes down on the couch.

Brooke frowns, staring right up at me. ''Poor man, Rory? He deserves anything but sympathy, that narcissistic asshole,'' she hisses. ''You know, Rory, you did a big mistake, falling in love and all that shit. Men truly suck. I swear I'll become a lesbian.'' She smirks. ''So, hey, if you ever decide to ditch my brother, I'm available.''

I raise my eyebrow at her and chuckle, taking a seat on the couch, too. ''Alright, Brooke, I'll keep that in mind. Are you going to tell me what he did, though?'' I ask her, intrigued. It's been quite some time since I've been in the flat, and when I come home, there's drama awaiting me. How predictable, really. My life is currently made out of one, big drama.

''Okay, let me explain you something here. You see, Damien, who's been absent for years, decides to come back and expects me to fall at his feet the second he says he's sorry. I finally agree to try to be friends with him, because he says that's what he wants, anyway, and that he's not ready for anything serious at the moment, seeing that he just came back and all that bullshit he kept telling me that I stopped listening after a few words. Okay, all good. And then a nice, charming guy at work asks me on a date and I agree to go, but then Damien keeps calling me and texting me during that date, even though he knows I'm on a freaking date, but when he just doesn't seem to get the point, he shows up in a bar and makes a scene.''

Brooke puts her head back on the couch and closes her eyes. ''And you know what's the worst? I even liked the guy, Rory. He's nice, unbelievingly hot with a killer smile. And I thought that I could finally give someone else a chance and try to forget about how the two guys I liked don't want to have anything serious with me, but then Damien fucking comes and shows up, ruining my chances, because, God, Rory, I feel something for him and it's hard to let go. And I'm fucking desperate here, not knowing what to do, because, once again, a guy that I want, doesn't want me the same way.'' She sobs. ''Shit, my life is turning into a fucking soap opera.''

I go to her on the couch and wrap her in my arms because I sense she needs the comfort. What she just told me ... damn, it's messed up. She truly has no luck with the men that come into her life, but that's only because the right one hasn't come yet.

Her phone rings and she gets it out of her pocket, hitting ignore right after. Then she turns it off and carelessly throws it on the table.

''I really hate him. I hate him for messing me up, giving me hope, only to shoot it down right after. Man, I think I'm seriously going to become a nun and live a peaceful life.''

I chuckle. ''Sweetheart, you're only saying that now, because the right man still hasn't come yet and swept you off your feet. But he's going to come and he's going to be the one to treat you right. He's going to show you why all other men weren't worthy of you, I promise. You're not worth to get played like that and that certain asshole doesn't deserve you crying over him.''

Brooke lets out a pained noise. ''But that's the thing, Rory, when I try to move on and find myself someone else, someone better, he has to come and ruin it! I mean, who even does that? Who's messed up like that?'' she says in aggravation, her voice is laced with annoyance.

I smile against her hair, still having my hands wrapped around her frame. ''O, beware, my lord, of jealousy; it is the green ey'd monster, which doth mock the meat it feeds on,'' I quote.

Brooke's head snaps up and she looks at me in confusion. ''What does that even mean?''

I smile sincerely. ''Ah, Brooke. That screams a behaviour of a jealous man.''

Brooke huffs and rolls her eyes. ''Don't make me laugh, Rory. He's not jealous, he's just an asshole. Besides, he has nothing to be jealous about. Only maybe he doesn't like to see that he can't toss me around anymore,'' she grunts.

I laugh. ''I think there's something more to it than just that, but that could only be my opinion.'' I shrug.

Brooke narrows her eyes. ''This is where I should tell you what a good friend you are for saying things like that to me, but I'll tell you you're terrible at giving me relationship advice because you're giving me hope right now and we both know I'm going to be disappointed yet again.'' She sighs. ''Did I tell you men suck?''

I snort. ''You did. More than once, in fact.''

''Well, they do!'' she whines. ''Hey, why are you even here? I thought you moved in with Braden already,'' she says as a joke.

''What?'' I laugh. ''No, I didn't. You'd know if that happened, though. He's just sick so I had to come back here until he gets better.''

Brooke lifts her head and looks at me. ''Braden never gets sick,'' she points out, drawing her eyebrows together.

I shrug. ''He's a human apparently.''

Brooke grins. ''And here I thought he was a robot or some shit. No kidding here, because he seriously does function like a robot sometimes,'' she pauses. ''Well, he did, at least, until he met you.'' Her eyes warm.

''Brooke,'' I say in a warning. ''Don't make me cry. You know how emotional I am lately.''

She giggles and a relief surges through me to see her in a better mood, the drama with Damien forgotten. For now at least. ''You're always emotional.'' She punches my shoulder lightly.

I gasp and narrow my eyes at her. ''I am not!'' I defend myself. ''You're just mean.'' I pout, crossing my arms in front of my chest, pushing her off me.

She giggles again. ''Oh, come on, you mood killer!''

I stare at her, trying real hard to be serious and act mad. ''Insulting me now? Real cool, friend.''

Brooke puts her head in my lap, grinning up at me. ''Are you mad?'' she teases.

A small smile breaks on my face, because I just can't help myself with her. Seriously, how could anyone stay serious around her? Better yet, how could anyone hurt someone like her? She has such an addictive personality, always making you smile.

''You're going to make it up to me by checking on Braden these days.''

Brooke looks as if she's thinking my words through. ''Well, okay ... if I have to,'' she sighs in a fake annoyance and this time it's me punching her arm and grinning at her.

Speaking of Braden, I decide to send him a text. How r u feeling? Eat soup, drink tea and take the medicine. I already miss you x

Me and Brooke stay on the couch for a few hours, talking about pointless things and eating unhealthy food, because we both deserve it. Who's going to judge us?

My stomach is hurting from how much I've been laughing and the corners of my eyes are still wet from the tears that came along with laughter.

When my phone beeps with a text, I don't hesitate opening it. My smile instantly fades off my face and is replaced by the immediate hurt and confusion. Because, sent from Braden's phone, are two pictures.

In the first one, Victoria is sitting on the bed, having her hand placed lovingly on his cheek, her gaze nothing but tender. Such an actress, she could've fooled anyone but me, I think with a bitter taste in my mouth, the bile rising in my throat.

And in the other picture, she's wrapped around Braden from behind, having her eyes closed and her head pressed against the back of his neck, making it look like two lovers.

The text under the pictures reads, Don't worry. He's been taken good care of.

I barely make it to the bathroom in time where I throw up.

I know you're going to hate me for ending this with a cliffhanger. I'm so mean, I'm sorry. But you wanted drama - now you have it. ;) 

Oh, by the way, have you seen I posted a new story on wattpad? Go check it out, it's called A Taste of Sin (https://www.wattpad.com/story/81763365-a-taste-of-sin). 

So what did you think about this chapter? I can't wait to read about your love for Victoria! :)) Haha, jokes. 

Anddd, yes, follow me on twitter (patriciaxbooks). Don't be afraid to tweet me, you'll see I'm pretty random, I post about pretty much anything that comes to my mind. Lol.

Have a nice Sunday and the rest of the week! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.5K 2.9K 54
**ATTENTION! This is a sequel to Not the Only One. Please please don't read any further until you read it! - SPOILERS ahead! All of the characters wi...
192K 8.9K 34
#20 in LOVER (15.01.19) This is the sequel to "Clumsy Is My Middle Name!!!" Do read the first book. It is posted on my profile. ----- Well, it's nev...
22.2M 586K 30
*BOOK TWO* (Can he read as standalone) **THIS BOOK IS FULLY PUBLISHED NOW ON AMAZON. FIFTEEN CHAPTERS FROM THE END OF THIS BOOK HAVE BEEN REMOVED!! *...
370K 13.7K 45
He is a billionaire yet she is a middle class girl .He is possessive and rude yet she is innocent and pure. He is a healthy young man yet she is suf...