Father of the Bride

Por The_Night_Writer

When Amirah and Ayaaz leave Aston University they decide it's time to speak to their parents and get married... Más

Introduction.
Chapter One: The Wait
Chapter Two: Dr Debonair
Chapter Three: The Uninvited
Chapter Four: The Invited
Chapter Five: In the Shadows
Chapter Seven: Rivalry
Chapter Eight: Crimson Kara
Chapter Nine: Turning a Corner.
Chapter 10: Fezophie
Chapter 11: Secret Liaisons
Chapter 12: Extinguished Flame
Chapter 13: Fragile Lives
Chapter 14: Night of Revelations.
Chapter 15: Mounting Pressure Part I
Chapter 15: Mounting Pressure Part II
Chapter 16: Taking A Risk
Chapter 17- The 'Date'
Chapter 18: Like Father...
Chapter 19 Part I: Awkward Dinner
Chapter 19 Part II: Awkward Dinner
Chapter 20: Bijli Strikes.
Part II: Chapter One- Truth is Out.
Chapter 2- Fallout
Chapter 3- Consequences
Chapter 4: Leaving it Behind.
Chapter 5- It's a Deal!
Chapter 6- Kintsugi
Chapter 7- At first Sight
Chapter 8: Falling Deep
Chapter 9- Midnight Oasis
Chapter 10: Glorious Morn
Chapter 11: Doubts
Chapter 12: Chrysalis
Chapter 13- Caught
Chapter 14: Consequences
Chapter 15: Unfurled Fears
Chapter 16: Katastrophe
Chapter 17: Spoonful of Regret
Chapter 18: Holding on
Chapter 19: Ayaaz's Mission
Chapter 20: The Arbitration
Chapter 21: Second Thoughts
Chapter 22: The Wedding- Part I
Chapter 22- The Wedding: Part II
Chapter 22: The Wedding- Part III
Chapter 22: The Wedding- Part IV
Chapter 22- The Wedding: Part V
Chapter 22: The Wedding: Part VI
Chapter 23- Fuelled
Chapter 24: Spark
Chapter 25: Flare
Chapter 26: Ignite
Chapter 27: Inferno
Chapter 28: Ashes to ashes.
Chapter 29: The Siren

Chapter Six: Meet the Parents

5.4K 422 71
Por The_Night_Writer

Saturday arrived and Mahnoor stacked the sandwiches in trays in a large box. Last night she spent the evening making the sandwiches and prepping the biryani for the morning. She taped the lid onto the piping hot fresh biriyani ready to load into the car.

It was a breezy afternoon and Mahnoor arranged a brisk jog with Sheetal later that afternoon. Dressed in navy blue navy blue jeggings, trainers, black t-shirt matching hoodie and a pashmina stole around her neck, she carried the boxes to the car.

Outside a green Subaru with blacked out windows, vibrated with pounding bass.

"Laters blud!" Ayaaz bumped fists with his friend.

"Oh! Finally you've arrived." Mahnoor complained and opened the car boot of her car. "I've been waiting for you."

"Salaam auntie." Amir yelled from the car.

"How are you Amir?" Mahnoor lifted her hand. "When are you going to check my car?" She asked. "It keeps making a noise when I brake."

"Auntie, just drop it off at the garage, or tell Ayaaz to."

"Mum, where are you going?" Ayaaz looked at the boot filled with delicious food.

"The food drive. I told you. It's Saturday." She spanked his head.

"Shit!" Ayaaz cursed. Dressed in knee length shorts and a t-shirt, Ayaaz raced inside to change his clothes.

"Where are you going?" Mahnoor complained.

"Changing my clothes." He shouted back.

"Why? We're only going to the food drive."

Before she could say another word, he was gone.

"Do you need a hand with that?" Amir jumped out the car offering his support.

"Thank you, beta! I've told Ayaaz countless of time to take the car to the garage, but he wastes his time playing computer games."

"He's stuck to that console like Velcro. You won't get him off that." Amir snickered.

Every Saturday, Mahnoor and her team at Malikah Foundation booked a table in Birmingham city centre and networked with voluntary organisations to deliver essential service to the homeless. Tables of food and drink, tea, biscuits were given free to the homeless all donated from businesses, and the generous public. In addition to food, essential health care, advice service, sanitary equipment and support was given to the homeless who were ostracised and couldn't access the services. The aim of the compulsory service was to reach out to those who slept rough and nourish their basic needs and Mahnoor was instrumental in organising her team on a Saturday to help.

Once they'd arrived at the food drive their stall was already heaving with a line of people as Sheetal loaded sandwiches and food into their trays

"Thank God you've come. I was just about to ring you." Sheetal welcomed Mahnoor.

Shadowing Mahnoor was Ayaaz who carried the rest of the pots to the stall and placed them behind ready to be served. He took out his mobile and texted Amirah that they had arrived.

Part one of the plan was on track.

The atmosphere was buzzing at Carrs Lane like a festival. In the throngs of the service users, religious figures from all faiths came out and practised their humanitarian relief and welcomed the homeless with a warm smile and kind words.

As Mahnoor greeted every person who she gave a plate of rice to, she noticed someone was missing.

"Olivia not here today?" Mahnoor smiled at the service users.

"Yes, she's here." Sheetal pointed at the old woman sitting on the bench holding her bottle against her chest. She gurned her gums and smacked her lips looking around like she was lost. Into her fifties, Olivia looked sixty as the rough life in the city had aged her. She'd lost her teeth, the wrinkles on her face showed the suffering she had over time and reached out for the bottle; her only companion.

"She hasn't spoken to anyone and hasn't moved from the bench since she arrived." Sheetal took out the fresh stack of boxes.

"She doesn't look well." Mahnoor deciphered from the shade of yellow on her skin.

Dressed in a smart black trousers and black shirt, the vicar was always at hand at the food drive. He opened the doors to the church allowing anyone to use the facilities if need be.

"Ah Ms Qureshi!" He smiled. "Lovely to see you."

Mahnoor exchanged pleasantries. "Is the doctor coming today?" She enquired hoping Olivia could be checked.

The vicar shook his head. "I doubt it. We weren't able to book one in time. But we have the regular nurse."

The vicar waved inside the gazebo where the nurse bandaged the hand of a service user.

"It's Olivia." Mahnoor noted with a gesture of her hand.

"Ah Olivia." The vicar clasped his hands together. Olivia was dependant on alcohol. She settled from place to place and often suffered from serious infections. She was slowly dying due to sclerosis of her liver.

"It would have been good if she was checked over by a doctor." Mahnoor added.

Little did Mahnoor know that Amirah and Ayaaz planned a special appearance from a well known family doctor. Amirah held her father's bag in excitement skipping ahead of him making her way towards the church.

"Hurry dad!" She beckoned him as she straggled behind.

"I'm only doing this for you, Princess. He straightened his red tie. "I have one hour, then I have a shift at the hospital."

"Yes, yes dad!" She presed on her toes and looked around the rush searching for Ayaaz.

When her eyes landed on Mahnoor and Sheetal, she swallowed her squeal of excitement in order to keep a straight face.

"I don't understand when you started doing voluntary work." Khizar asked.

"I know you are driven by money, daddy. But you can at least do something for the community." She linked her arm with his and took him towards the shurch. "They are very grateful that you could volunteer your time today. They have a special area where you can see patients and check them. Most of these people have never seen a doctor in years."

"I don't need a lecture from my daughter about charity work." He admonished.

"Father Jenkins!" Amirah waved her hand at the vicar and hauled him over by the tug of his arm. "Father, this it my dad. He's a doctor!" She smiled like she presented the vicar with a celebrity. It could have been a celebrity for Father Jenkins. Doctors' diagnosis advice made more of an impact to some hard to reach people. Sometimes it helped them seek further help.

"Wonderful!" The doctor extended his hand and gave Khziar a solid hand shake. "It's wonderful to see you here Dr-"

"Dr Khan." Khizar completed scanning the crowd.

"Thank you for volunteering your time. We know you must lead a busy life, but today is truly something special. Don't you agree?"

On the other side, Mahnoor stood at the table with Sheetal counting the leaflets she had to give away. Ayaaz sneaked away the moment he saw Amirah worried he'd get told off.

"Amirah is here." Sheetal recognised. "I think she had hauled in doctor if I can read the smile on Father Jenkins face."

There in front of her, dressed in his smart grey trousers, crisp white shirt was Khizar Khan, the man she admonished in Urdu in his own apartment.

"Oh shit! He's here!" Mahnoor gasped and turned her back on them.

"Who?" Sheetal looked around searching for a familiar face.

Mahnoor cowered. She bowed face with her hand to her forehead wishing the ground would open before her. "I'm gonna kill that boy." She grumbled knowing it was Ayaaz's idea as he had escaped.

"Who are you hiding from?" Sheetal grinned.

"Amirah has bought her dad." Mahnoor grit her teeth unable to face him.

"Is that her dad?" Sheetal took out her glasses from her shirt pocket to have a better look at the tall man standing beside Amirah. "Sheesh! He's like a young Doctor Zhivago without the prickly moustache." She snorted. "What is he doing here?"

The vicar led Khizar towards the gazebo where they had their health care station working with St John's ambulance.

"Right, where do you want me?" Khizar rubbed his hands ready to settle. But there in front of him he recognised Mahnoor looking at him with a furtive glance; Mahnoor Qureshi. The sassy mouthed woman. Khizar shook his head in disappointment at Amirah and turned back. Amirah grabbed his arm. "Wait dad Please! Don't go."

"Amirah this is out of order. I told you distinctly, that I will not begging to that woman." He held his index finger up.

"I know dad. But please, just bear with me. I just want you to talk with her; you'll see she is not as arrogant as you think." Amirah implored with her wide eyes stroking his read tie.

Father Jenkins stood in the gazebo waiting for Khizar to enter. Khizar couldn't refuse after agreeing moments ago, it wasn't professional. He pressed his lips together, straightened his back. Khizar smiled politely and made his way following the priest. When he walked passed Mahnoor he glared at her stall and caught her gaze.

"He's not happy with you, Qureshi." Sheetal folded her arms and measured the doctor from top to bottom. "He's here now Mahnoor. Talk to him. It's your chance."

Mahnoor sighed heavily at the idea of talking to Khizar. It weighed on her chest like a boulder, to explain her antics and her insecurities. But for Ayaaz she had to make this difficult step. He'd gone through this trouble to arrange Amirah to bring her dad here, and the least she could do was take a few steps into the gazebo and eat humble pie.

The busy morning melted into the afternoon Mahnoor caught a stolen glance as Khizar worked with many of the service users. His manner was professional, relaxed and engaged with each and every person he saw without making them uncomfortable. As the clock ticked on, the food supplies diminished. Mahnoor head a shout coming front the enclosed. It sounded like Olivia. Mahnoor took off her plastic gloves and made her way inside.

In the gazebo, she found Khizar standing a few steps back, sleeves turned up, latex gloved hands on waist with his stethoscope around his neck. Rosie gurned her gums and smacked her lips together refusing to cooperate with the doctor. She hacked her cough collecting her phlegm and spat onto the ground.

Khizar turned to Mahnoor and held his hands out. "She's not letting me check her leg. It looks severe."

Olivia rarely communicated with any of the services around the city. She liked to sit on her own in the noise and watch the world go by. Checking her would be a mammoth task and Khizar alone couldn't do it.

Mahnoor lunged forward on one knee and lowered her voice to a soft whisper.

"Hey Olivia." Mahnoor's voice soft in a fragile whisper, she looked at Olivia who turned away. "There's nothing to be scared of. He's a lovely doctor and only here to help you." But Rosie wasn't interested.

"Can I see your leg?" Mahnoor asked. Olivia shuffled her feet back withdrawing consent. A strong pungent smell emitted from her leg that was dressed in two layers of knee length socks and dirty boots.

"I know you've been having difficulty walking. I saw you limping when you came here. Let the doctor check your leg and he can give you some pills and you can be on your way." She looked up at Khizar and he agreed with a shake of his head.

"I don't need pills. This numbs the pain." She lifted the bottle and waved it around.

"But it won't fix your leg will it?" Mahnoor smiled. "You have sip and I'll have a quick look. Is that okay?" Mahnoor asked for permission carefully cajoling her into a safety.

Khizar edged close and kneeled beside Mahnoor ready to assess her leg. When Mahnoor lifted her skirt to her knee a strong overpowering smell draw her back. Then, she pulled down her stripy sock revealing a serious gangrene infection that caused her leg to turn a shade of black. Mahnoor hissed feeling Olivia's pain. It was too much for Mahnoor, but Khizar kneeled closer to take a thorough look. The sight of the serious infection didn't faze him.

"She needs to be admitted into hospital. It looks like a gangrene infection. She's going to need surgery and strong antibiotics." He deliberated.

"I'm not sure if she will agree with that. She's dependent on alcohol and the idea of not drinking will make it hard."

"She'll lose the leg." He stood up and took off his gloves.

Mahnoor looked at Olivia's dismal face. The woman didn't have much to live for; losing a leg would make it extremely hard to survive on the streets. She needed help.

"Rosie, guess what? The doctors said he can get you into a hospital for a few nights. Would you like that? Breakfast, lunch and dinner?"

Khizar wrote her the notes watching Mahnoor placate Rosie like she would a little child. His initial thoughts of her as an arrogant and proud woman dissolved. She volunteered her time to spend with the vulnerable and homeless. Now she spoke to Rosie with such sweetness and convinced her to sit in the wheelchair to be transferred to the hospital. She had comforting way with words and compassion oozed from her tone.

Once Rosie was wheeled in the ambulance, Mahnoor washed her hands and grabbed a couple of sandwiches and made her way into the gazebo. There, Khizar placed his stethoscope into the bag, finishing for the day.

"A peace offering?" She held out the sandwiches. "Salad sandwich or egg and cress?"

Khizar weighed the options. Amirah planned the day for him to talk to Mahnoor, so he gave Mahnoor a second chance and took the salad sandwich. Khizar pulled out a couple of chairs and gestured with his hand for Mahnoor to sit. Mahnoor swallowed the lump in her throat as the hubbub of conversation drowned and the silence between them was deafening. She took a seat facing him and made a thumbprint on the soft white bread sandwich looked delicious. But her stomach twisted with nerves. She could feel his eyes burn on her hands and had to speak up quickly before he walked out.

"I just-want to.." She stammered and looked up.

Khizar sat back with his leg crossed over his other leg and straightened his tie. She smiled nervously wondering why he made her feel this way. Why couldn't she get her words out? Why were they lodged in a throat?

"I can't believe the kids did this." She chuckled nervously unable to control her spit as it embarrassingly shot out.

"I'm gonna kill them." She twisted the cap from the bottle of water and filling the silence with a sound o fher gulp. Khizar wasn't going to help her. He made her fill the silence and took pleasure watching her squirm.

"Listen, doctor Khan-" She began.

"It's Khizar." He interrupted. "Doctor Khan is for my patients."

"Khizar." She confirmed pressing her lips together. "I um....don't have any excuse for my behaviour that evening. It was out of character." Finally she got her words together and began on the track of recovery with Ayaaz's happiness in the forefront of her mind. She looked at her hands and the words flowed out smoothly. "I don't just owe you an apology, but also an explanation."

He bit into the sandwich and listened attentively.

"Me and my son lead simple life. We don't live in luxury with holidays, savings, we're just ordinary people. That day, when I came I guess I was uncomfortable by the grandeur of your lifestyle." She sat back and looked up at him. His eyes on the glass of water in his hand.
"You see I'm a single mother on a basic wage. I don't pay myself handsome funds I merely pay what needs to in order to cover my expenses. Effectively this led me to an unorthodox exit that evening. I felt a sense of ignominy with nothing practical to offer your daughter."

For the first time, he'd met a woman who was insecure by his affluence. Her erratic behaviour made sense. Khizar became confused whether to find her behaviour endearing or annoying. She wasn't a teenager. She was a grown woman; a beautiful one at that when noticed the bush pink of her stole highlighted her lips.

"Stability." He replied.

"I'm sorry?" She raised her eyebrow.

Khizar brushed his hands from the crumbs and leaned forward. "You said you don't know what you can offer Amirah. Well here you are offering stability, protection and safety to the homeless. Some things in life cannot be bought with money." He smoothed his tie against his chest thinking back over the years, after his divorce he tried to give Amirah money, gifts to make her happy but nothing made her happy like she was now. "Amirah craves stability." He announced.

"You see Ms Qureshi-"

"It's Mahnoor. Please."

"When Amirah was seven we moved house and we took her rickety old bed, her princess pink blanket and pillow to the new house." He bit into the sandwich. Mahnoor watched carefully as his jaw moved highlighting his cheekbones.
"However, she wouldn't settle for a whole month. So I took it upon myself and drove her in my car at 8' o clock and pretend to drive her to the old house. Instead I'd drive for hours until she fell asleep. I'd play some sea music on the c.d. and she'd drift off." Khizar leaned forward to emphasise his point.
"Amirah is sensitive child; change upsets her and makes her unstable."
Mahnoor was taken by surprise by his honesty. He was nothing as she assumed.
"My son is fond of your daughter. I hope we could try and work it out for their sake. Please, would you be willing to give it a another go?" Mahnoor edged on her seat.

Khizar tilted his head to the side mulling over the future.

Outside Amirah and Ayaaz wated with abated breath.

"Let's go have a look." Amirah trotted on her toes like the floor was hot.

"Leave them for a bit." Ayaaz scrolled through his phone. "Check this." He showed her the screen. "Kara's got diamond earrings from some millionaire bloke." He grinned looking at her sultry picture. Amirah pulled the phone off him and recognised the diamond studs.

"She's full of it!" She flicked through her pictures. "They're my earrings, she wore them to dinner."

"You've got diamond earrings?" He looked at her bare earlobes. "Where are they?"

"Dad bought them for me, and I'm not gonna wear them here. I'll wear them on a special day." She winked holding his hand.

"You better pray that my mum doesn't kill your dad." He teased. "Then we'll get our special day."

In the gazebo, Khizar lifted his bag making his way out still engaged in conversation with Mahnoor.

"Thank you so much for coming today. It means a lot." Mahnoor smiled emphasising the important work carried out by volunteers.

"That's Gareth." She pointed at a man sitting on the floor with a green anorak. "He's suffering from PTSD. He was in the army for 15 years and served in Afghanistan. When he returned he was made redundant. Since then, he's lost his home, his family and became alcohol and drug dependant. Just having human contact and someone to listen to them is a huge deal. It makes them feel human."

"So how often do you come here?" He asked.

"I try to come every weekend and if I can't make it I send the girls from the Foundation."
"Your charity?"
Khizar was intrigued in the work Mahnoor carried out in the community and was eager to know more. "Where do you get the funding? If you don't mind me asking."

"We publish our accounts on the website." She explained now using her hands as her passion flooded through her veins. Her charity was her dream; that she lived.

"We have various avenues of funding for various projects. Much of it relies on the community, generous public and business community. But our salaries and administration cost is covered by sponsors who allocate a fixed amount annually. We have to budget according to that figure. Everything else, we apply for government grants, European Social grant and recently we secured funding from the National Lottery for three years. A board of trustees oversee the accounts. But, a lot of it is down to the good will and people volunteering. Have you heard of Raja Naveed?"

"Who hasn't? He has a string of supermarkets."

"Well he is one of our sponsors and supporters; whenever we need he's always willing to go the extra mile. Plus we have enormous help from councillors and MP's whenever we launch a new campaign or project."

Khizar was visibly impressed. "Amazing work. You did this on your own"?

"I have my partner in crime; Sheetal. Her husband is an accountant and does the accounts for a generous rate so we're lucky." Mahnoor waved at Sheetal. "You should come down to our centre, I'd love to show you around."

"Well, if ever you need anything-"

But Mahnoor wanted something special from him; his daughter. Amirah was a ray of sunshine and she was Ayaaz's happiness

"In that case, it would be wonderful if you and Amirah could come down for dinner one day. Maybe I could make it up. If you're not busy?" She tried to catch his gaze, but Khizar eyes scanned for his daughter. She sat on the wall, beside Ayaaz. He measured Ayaaz, his attitude, his mannerism and the way he carried himself. The lad wasn't a bad boy. With a mother like Mahnoor, he was ready to get to know the Qureshi family a little bit more.

"Thank you for your help today." Father Jenkins shook Khizar's hands.

"It's been a pleasure."

Amirah and Ayaaz rushed over when they saw their parents at ease with each other.

"So, you guys made up?" Amirah hooked her arm around her fathers.

Ayaaz stood in front of Khizar and offered a solid handshake. "Do you come and help his mum out?" Khizar asked.

"Of course!" He puckered up. "I'm not gonna let her carry the boxes by herself. Not with her dodgy knee."
Responsible; Khizar noted.

"He's a good boy, always ready to help." Mahnoor ruffled his hair.

"I've invited your dad to come to our house one evening." Mahnoor said. "So, make sure you come down and we can get together. I'll make your favourite potatoes cutlets."

"Yum!" Her eyes widened.

"Ayaaz's auntie would also love to meet you." She added making the visit sound formal.

Amirah's glimmered at Ayaaz sneakily behind their parents back. The mission was a success and their parents made up. It was the start of a journey and finally come together. Hope and anticipation build up.

Over the next few weeks, Amirah and Ayaaz's families began to form a steady but solid relationship in order to get to each other. It was a custom that the families first learn about each other in order to reach a decision on marriage. In the Asian community, a marriage wasn't just about two individuals; it was about the extended families reaching an essential harmonious level.

***

Sitting in the nail bar, Amirah accompanied Kara at the appointment. Kara spent a vast amount of money on her figure, body and hair. The beauty parlour was her second home.  Amirah updated Kara on the latest developments over the past few weeks, suffering from a bout of verbal diarrhoea

"Nanny (maternal grandmother) and Daddi (Paternal grandmother) are coming to meet Ayaaz and his mum. I know after this they will set a date." Amirah bubbled with excitement. On the other hand, Kara could see a storm brewing setting to tear apart Amirah's short lived happiness.

"Yes, but what about your mum? Have you told her?" Kara watched as the nail technician filed her nails.

Amirah turned her face and looked out the window. The animosity between her mother was apparent in  when she felt a twist of bitterness turn in her stomach.

"When your mum finds out, she will go ballistic." Kara reminded.

"Mum doesn't care about me." Amirah pressed her handbag to her chest. "Daddi says it's my age to get married. Mum should be focusing on me but instead she is worried about her new husband in Pakistan. She can stay with him and her new family."

"What about your sister?" Kara asked. "And your brothers? Surely you want them around you?" Kara faced Amirah with reality.

"Step-brothers." She reminded her sharply. "I have only one sister and don't want anything to do with that man's sons."

Amirah wished she could talk to her mother about Ayaaz and his mother. But nothing would happen which disappointed Amirah.

As the nail technician carefully stroked a layer of purple nail polish, Amirah raked over her thoughts. The nail technician carefully placed crustal diamante on her nails as the finishing touch.

"Oh! I forgot to give you this." Amirah sat back and rummaged through her bag. She took out a black cube box.

Kara turned and shook her hand dry of the wet nail polish eager to open the box. "Is this what I think it is?" Her pupils dilated.

"I told you dad keep his promises."

As she opened the box her jaw dropped. A pair of glimmering studs. Kara showed them off to the beautician and Kara.

"Oh em gee! They're beautiful" She gasped. "But they don't glimmer like yours." She furrowed her brow.

"You should be grateful dad bought you diamond earrings."

Amirah took out the studs and pinned them into her earlobes and held up the mirror for her verdict

"With the right filter I'll make them look epic." Kara pouted into the mirror. "I need to thank your dad." She flicked her hair from side to side to get a good look.

"Don't come today, dad's at the hospital."

"They will go perfect with my red dress." Kara deliberated. She took out her mobile and shared  pictures from last night's event. In every picture Kara was picture with someone who was beautiful or handsome. "I went to a millionaire ball. The guy who threw it has his own rice brand."

"How do you get these invites?" Amirah gazed at the large screen in awe.

"You have to rub shoulders with the right people- check this." Kara zoomed in on one photo. "That's a famous English cricketer. I forgot his name. Gosh he's hot! My Instagram has over to 10 thousand followers. Jeremiah is the first to like my pics." She tittered.

As they made their way out of the beauty parlour, Kara put on her large black shades.

"What happened to your mystery man? You still seeing him?" Amirah asked.

With her manicured nail, she pulled down her sunglasses from the bridge of her nose and winked at Amirah with a glint on her eye. The mystery man was top secret.

"I'm waiting for the right moment." She whispered like the wind had ears.

As Kara's heels clicked and clacked on the pavement, Amirah was in admiration. Who was the lucky man she had her eye on?
Kara was a determined woman. Once she had her eye on something, she got her way. She was every man's dream. Amirah hoped Kara would share her secret; maybe one day. 

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

717K 47.3K 39
[Highest ranking: #1 in Spiritual on 15/8/18] ••• • In which a girl saved a boy's life in the most unexpected of circumstances • She drank water. He...
380K 25.3K 39
Amira was called everything in the book. Fat, ugly, stupid, a worthless nobody. Suddenly she leaves for Turkey with her family for two years, happy t...
11K 1K 29
𝐀 𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞, 𝐥𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 In a world where dreams are often discouraged, one girl courage...
502K 30.4K 46
Highest ranking, #1 in spiritual ( 10/7/2016 ) until ( 5/ 9/ 2016 ). How can you fix something that's already been broken, several times? I a...