Falling Through The Surface *...

By shaunwey

Layla Clancy is the adopted daughter of Hunter Clancy and Bella Clancy. She's abnormally happy and loves life... More

Falling Through The Surface
Karsen- Too Quiet
Layla- Worthless
Karsen- Time Goes By
Layla- Turtle Shell
Layla- Heartbroken
Karsen- Possesive
Layla- Breifly
Layla- Regret or Revenge?
Tony- Determination
Layla- Shattered
Layla- Forced
Karsen- Realization
Bradley- Uncle
Layla- Betrayal
Danny- Mistake
Layla- Surprises
Layla- Awe
Macy- The End
Bradley- Showing some
Layla- Lost
Karsen/ Tony- Over
Bradley- Handled
Bella- Shock
Layla- Crystal
Layla- Accepting

Layla- Bitter Elation

85 2 2
By shaunwey

Hey guyyss, his is the last chapter of Falling Through The Surface, and I must say. I'm so sad, this is the only book I'm truly proud of. This is my first book that has a solid steady plot. I think the plot i good, of course I'm sure there are many people who think its mediocre, but this is the longest book I've ever wrote, and I'm proud of. Huge twist in this chapter, so be ready!! Oh, and this last chapter is leading to the third and final book of the Surface trilogy. I've been workingon this series for almost 3 years, and when I first started writing Below the Surface, I had never imagined it would grow to this. Thank you all for the support, and enjoy!! The final book ill be published tonight or tommorow. The title is 'Touching The Surface'. K, here it is!! *sniff sniff* I love Layla so much. P.s. all these characters will be in the next book, but it will be centered around another person in the family!!

We woke to sirens, Tony had stayed the night secretly at my house. In reality, as dangerous and B.A. as it felt, he just climbed in the window ad almost fell back down about three times. I was worried the first time, but by the third I was snickering loudly.

He snuggled his face into my neck as I craned my head to look at the clock. I just got my sight to the ceiling when he nudged it back down into the pillow.

"It's too early." He groaned, and I sighed.

"How would you know? You won't even let me look at the clock to see what time it actually is, and besides theres no way I'm going back to sleep with a bunch of sirens going through the neighborhood."

He made a mumbling noise before talking legibly," Woman, if I'm tired that means it's too early, and just close your eyes. The police will pass on soon. They're probably just using the neighborhood as a short cut. You know, 9 o' clock rush hour."

I yelped and jerked away from him. He tried to recapture me in his arms, but I scrambled over him. He grabbed my leg just as I jumped off the edge, causing me to tumble onto the hardwood floor.

He looked down at my crumpled, awkwardly ruffled form and burst into soft laughter. I glared at him and stood, brushing myself off, though the floor was not dusty.

"Aw babe, don't me mad." He got out inbetween fits of laughter. I turned back to face him and gave a little growl. His eyes widend at my sudden change of mood and he gave a large lustful smile and I swaggered my way over, my hips rocking with the rythym of my slow walk.

"Oh, tiger." I purred, kneeling beside the bed. I kissed the juncture of his neck, and then sunk my teeth harshly into the spot.

He screeched and jerked away, slapping his hand onto the spot.

I laughed at his wide eyes and stood again," Let this be a lesson." I teased before walking to the closet.

Once I was dressed in a bright pink lacy dress with black leggings underneath I stepped out to see Tony had showered and dressed in the short time I had been choosing clothes.

He smirked at my dumbfounded face," Yep, I'm all ready to go. You though, have a little slobber on you cheek."

"No!" I gasped, my hand came up and I harshly slapped my face.

'Ouch!" I hissed, and Tony began to laugh again. I tried to scowl, but then I began to laugh too. I totally walked into that one.

He strode over to me and lifted me off the ground s he could kiss me. I sighed against his lips and he let me back down. His brown eyes stared into mine,"I love you." He whispered, stroking my cheek. I smiled up at him, our foreheads still touching. I breathed his breaths as his hand trailed down to my neck and stopped at my shoulder, his long fingers playing with the strap of my dress.

"I love you too." I replied, fervently. His lips came down on mine again. We kissed until the moment was shattered by insistent loud knocking on the door. We broke apart, he was breathing heavily but my breaths were slow and languid. Instead of heavy breathing, my heart thrummed in my chest like helicopter blades.

The knocking clattered again and I groaned. He followed close to me as I made my way to the front door, he was so close I could feel his body heat at my back, his fingers gripping my waist like a lingering touch, but forever present. Just a brush of his hand evey now and then.

It was very distracting but I got to the door and undid all the locks, no one else was awake. I opened the door and immediately shivered as the cold December morning air flew in and up my dress. Almost automatically Tony shifted closer to me in response to my shudder, as if to warm me.

My eyes blinked again the bright light, the snow reflecting the sun that barely filtered through the clouds and blinding me momentarily.

Then my eyes adjusted and I screamed. I jolted away from Tony and into another set of steady, warm, familiar arms.

"Clancy!" I cried, almost breathlessly as he squeezed me. We stayed like that, I pulled away so I could look into his bright green eyes. There was a cut on his cheek, and stitches across his scalp, but I didn't care.

"Clancy, you're ok." I whispered, happiness swelled in my heart and spilled over. My whole body was alive and thrumming.

Then reality came screeching in and everything went crazy.

"Where's there intruder!" My dad called, I could hear him clattering down the stairs, followed by softer steps. I looked and saw him round the corner with a metal baseball bat. I mentally face palmed.

Just then Clancy's deep voice spoke, it was full of anger," What're you doing here?" He demanded. He pushed me away and I looked back tp him, startled.

"You know what, I don't even care. I'm going to enjoy this." He said before launching at Tony. Clancy punched him straight in the jaw. They started tussling on the ground, I looked at the police cars and watcehd them roll away.

"FREAKING REALLY?" I screamed after them, gosh, so unreliable.

Just then my eyes focused on a girl. She was tall an willowy and very beautiful with auburn hair and dark blue eyes. She stood, just outside the door, peering into the chaos.

"Who're you?" I demanded in a harsh voice. She looked a little startled at my tone, but I sensed something about her I ddn't like. I didn't trust her.

"Boys, break it up!" My dad called, and Tony got his feet under Clancy, propelling his body off of him. Clancy landed agiley on his feet and Tony stood, brushing himself off. I rushed over and hugged him.

"Baby, are you ok?" I asked, searching his face for wounds. He seemed fine except for the nasty bruise that was already forming on his jaw.

"Baby?!" Clancy exclaimed in outrage. Tony looked at him calmly before returning his gaze back to mine.

"Do you want me to get you some ice? It looks like it's going to swell." I predicted.

"What?! Why are you comforting him?!" Clancy yelled in disbelief.

I turned to glare at Clancy," Tony and I are engaged to be married, I can tell you the story later, but all that needs to be understood now is that we love each other, and he is not like he used to be."

Clancy grolwed," Not like he used to be my freaklng butt." Clancy snarled charging forward, looking ready to go at it again. Dad intercepted him.

"Clancy, stop it. She's telling the truth."

I nodded, my gaze wandering back to the girl. Anger stirred in me.

"What is that?" I asked, almost hatefully, gesturing to her.

"Layla!" Mom gasped.

Clancy leveled a gaze at me," I can tell you the story later, but all that needs to be understood right now is that we love each other, and she's going to be staying with us for a while." He said with a level gaze, copying my words. I felt the very childish impulse to stick my tongue out at him for stealing my sentence.

I pulled an appalled expression across my face," She's a prostitute, isn't she?" I looked at the girl and sneered," Look, whore, Clancy doesn't need you, he was probably just lonely wherever he was and needs some satisfying. You don't need to be here, go back to your street corner."

"Layla." Tony rumbled, sounding startled, right at my ear. He grabbed my elbow.

"Layla is just tired. I'm sure she'll warm up to you later." Tony said while ushering me up the stairs.

"Not likely, whore!" I called after me, turning to give one last angry glance at her over my shoulder. The surprised look was gone off her face, now replaced with rage that rivaled mine.

Clancy came into my room, looking annoyed. Tony had left to go get a change of clotes, but not before being scolded by my father for sneaking in. Yeah, among all the craziness he still noticed that.

"What was that down there, Layla?" He demanded, not fully angry, but controlling and stern.

I shrugged," I don't know why you're asking me, you're the one that brung it home. I'm pretty sure it's a prostiture though, I mean it's got the-"

"I'm not talking about Maria. I'm talking about your attitude." He snapped.

I kept calm and detached, calculating," Oh, is that her hooker name? Kinda innocent for a slu-"

"Layla!" He spat, losing his distant facade.

I held my palms up, as if in a surrender," Ok, ok. I'll go apologize, right now. Where is she?"

He seemed satisfied and led me down the hall to his room. He opened the door and gestured for me to go in. I took the handle and slammed it shut behind me, locking the door before he could protest or come in.

Maria looked up, seeming surprised from my sudden entry, resentment coating her prettly little features.

"I'm in here to apologize. Well, that's what Clancy thinks. I'm not ging to though. There's something odd about you, something....wrong. I can tell your feelings for my brother aren't real. And I don't like people who play with my brother's feelings."

She smirked," You caught me, but who do you think you brother will believe? You after you've had a bad attitude with me and will be willing to make up lies, or me his loyal, willing girlfriend?"

I tapped my chin," You've got me there, but I will find a way to get you." I mused.

Her smirk only grew large," I've already found my way to get at you. You're behind in this game."

"And what is the way?" I asked, curious, but not letting it seep into my voice.

She shifted and pursed her lips before shifting her expression into a cruel little smile.

"Your fiance. Tony is his name? I think he's very....handsome. I think, he will be my next....conquest."

I snapped," Don't you touch him!!" I shouted in a rage.

She laughed," Can't you just imagine? His arms around me, those big strong arms. His lips on mine, oh, the prospects. Yes, he's a very good choice, and I highly doubt it will be hard. All I have to do to get to him is go through you." She gave me a glance over," Not a challenge at all."

I lunged at her, my fist closing, and punched her full force right in the nose. I heard a crunch and my kunckles seared with pain. There was a moment of nothing and then blood poured from her nose.

She gasped,"You little-" She started just as I punched her again, this time in the stomach. All the breath went out of her.

I grinned," Not a challenge huh?" I asked, and the retort had just settled into her expression, turning it slightly doubtful and angry, just at Clancy burst in.

In an instant her expression was one of sorrow and confusion and innocence as she flung herself at him.

"Oh Clancy. She just went crazy. I told her I would have to think about accepting her apology and she attacked me! It was horrible." Her voice broke at just the right moment.

Clancy glared at me, his arms wrapping protectively around her," How could you Layla?" He growled.

I smirked, catching Maria's eyes which seemed a little angry that I was unaffected by Clancy's anger.

"Clancy, you've always know. I'm not a litterer, I make sure trash get what's is supposed to get. Thrown away." I gave a little grin and exited, ramming my shoulder in Maria's as I went.

As I passed she hissed, too low for Clancy to hear," This isn't over."

I laughed," Oh, it's far from over. My trash can duties have just begun....whore."

"She really is like that? I had no idea." Tony whispered, his face was illuminated by the moon just enough so that  could make out his perfect features from my position. I was laying across his chest, my head on my hands which were folded on his chest.

"You have no idea." I giggled.

"You look so beautiful in the moonlight." He whispered, brushing my hair from my face. My chest was filled with warmth as I stared at him.

"I was just about to say the same thing about you." I responded softly.

"Hey!" He protested teasingly, tapping my nose in correction," I'm a man, I'm handsome and sexy, not beautiful."

I grinned laughing lightly," Ok, my sexy handsome man, I need to get some sleep. Got whores to fight off tomorrow."

His eyebrows furrowed," Whores? There's only one Maria."

I chuckled," I meant the ones at school, got to protect my hunk." I teased. He gave a snort and rolled us so he was holding me around the waist from behind.

"Love you." I whispered, and already knew his reply, but it was muffled by weariness as my eyes drifted closed.

He makes me so warm, I thought.

And fell into sleep.

That's it, the end of this book! SO sad, but so happy. Please, if you liket his book, go look at the next one! Thank all of you for your support, if you like this first, comment it below and my dedication for the first chapter of 'touching the surface' will go to you, and you'll get a comment about you on one of the chapters.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.7K 1.7K 85
"You ungrateful bitch. I keep a roof over your head, and this is the thanks I get?" "You could have killed her," I retort, trying to muster up confid...
8.8K 362 51
After Elizabeth Ronnie Swan watches her mother sacrifice herself for the safety of her five year old daughter, Ellie suddenly finds herself being car...
445K 7.8K 31
Braylon Ryder is 15 years old and lives the perfect life. Beautiful, athletic, smart, good grades and lots of friends. Or so everyone thinks. What...
805 32 24
Alison is a small child who departed from this world at a young age. And in a very violent way. And she becomes one more angel in heaven. But now, sh...