The Monster Under My Bed • Pe...

By gisiadakota

[ COMPLETED ] [BOOK HAS BEEN HEAVILY EDITED & IS UNDERGOING MORE EDITING BC 13 Y/O WRITING IS BAD AND I HATE... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41 (for real)
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Epilogue

Chapter 8

11K 326 258
By gisiadakota

Quick A/N: The video is simply a reference for the magic later on in this chapter. I'll put a little * when it happens in case you want a visual aspect. By no means do you have to watch the video! Happy reading!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where's Corey?

We were camping in the woods and me and my brother had stayed up a little, watching the fire and roasting marshmallows. He went out for a walk after he'd tucked me in from my sugar crash, but then he never came into the tent.

"Corey!" I called into the woods. "Corey?" I walked around, hugging Willow to my chest as tight as I could.

Willow was my teddy bear that Corey had won for me at a carnival.

I slowly walked around a tree to see my older brother Corey talking to someone. No.

Something.

All I could see in the dark was a pair of glowing purple eyes. They stared down at us but had no pupils. Just,, solid purple.

"Corey?" I asked.

He whipped around and stared at me with wide eyes.

"Adelaide? What're you doing out here? You're supposed to be asleep baby girl," he murmured, kneeling next to me.

"What're you doing? Who's that?" I asked softly, and quiet frankly I was trembling with fear. Corey pulled me close to him, rubbing my arms with his hands.

"It's okay. Don't worry nobody is going to hurt you," he whispered in my ear, rubbing my back.

"B-but Corey what's going on?" I stuttered. He pulled away a little bit and rubbed my arms, holding them in his.

Corey is a lot older than me. He's 17 and right now I'm 5.

"We must hurry," A voice said behind Corey.

"Corey?" I started to cry. He pulled me into another hug.

Corey was the best brother in the world. He'd always comfort me, spend time with me. I really loved him. And he really loved me. Eventually he pulled away from me and looked me in the face.

"I don't want to leave her," he murmured while looking at me, though his words were directed at whatever was behind him.

"Then call it goodbye for now," the menacingly hoarse voice said again.

"Leave?" I asked. Corey stared me in the eyes with a soft frown.

"Adelaide calm down," he put one of his hand on the side oy my head. My tears started to fall even faster then they were before and my emotional breakdown getting a bit out of hand.

"Are you gonna leave me?" I asked with wide, scared eyes.

"I'm sorry Adelaide," he sighed, trying to calm me with his voice and with his hands. "I don't have a choice. They won't let me stay," he said.

"Who's they?"

I held onto Willow for dear life.

"I can't tell you Adelaide," he whispered.

"Why not?!" I cried out.

Just then Corey was being pulled away from me.

"Corey?" I screamed. "Adelaide I'm sorry!" He tried to reach for me.

When I ran forwards, I dropped Willow, but I didn't acknowledge it and I wrapped my arms around his neck.

But then he was completely gone, pulled away, and I fell backwards. I was alone.

"Corey!" I cried again. "Corey.." I wailed, yet it was at a lower volume the second time around. My brother was gone. I didn't think I'd ever see him again.

I just sat there and wailed, and screamed and cried my heart out. Picture a five-year-old just in the middle of the dark woods, in a dirty pair of pyjamas and tangled blond hair; just straight out wailing.

Eventually I decided to stand up and see if I could find Willow. I searched the forest floor and found her. Now she was covered in mud. I think I dropped her in a puddle.

Where am I?

"Mommy? Daddy?" I called, my crying not as audible as it was before, since I suppressed it so I could speak.

Great, now I have to find my way to mommy and daddy without Corey.

"Hello?" I called. I started walking, trying to find my way home. "Hellooooo?" I called again, my crying coming out as wet gasps for air.

As I stumbled along in the woods, my foot got caught in a tree root, causing me to fall forwards onto the cold, hard ground.

I'd had enough. I burst out crying again, holding onto Willow.

"Corey!" I wailed, dragging out his name.

I sat there for what felt like hours, but was probably only a few minutes.

Then, suddenly, there was a twig snap, and footprints were crunching behind me.

"W-who's there?" I asked, terrified that a werewolf might come and eat me.

Standing up, I spun in a very slow circle. It was pitch black, I don't know what I was thinking. Well, what any 5-year old  would think:

"C-Corey?"

"I'm not Corey," A voice rang out. A voice with a heavy accent, might I add. When I finished my circle I jumped to see someone standing in front of me. He took a step forwards and I hoped back a little. "Don't be scared." He said softly. I stared at him. He looked like he would be friendly in the light. But  in the dark he looked scary.

I'm 5, I'll trust anyone I meet if they can help me back home.

"Who are you?" I asked.

A small grin grew on his face.

"I'm Peter, Peter Pan," he knelt down whilst saying so, so that he was closer to me in height.

"C-can you help me Peter?" I murmured. "I'm lost," I sobbed, letting out a little hiccup from swallowing too much air.

Something danced in his eyes, that I could see so clearly, something that made him grin as I said the word lost.

"So you're a little lost girl?" He asked.

I nodded slowly. He chuckled and put his hand on my back when I hesitantly walked closer to him.

"What's your name?" He asked me.

"Adelaide.." I said timidly.

"Well then Adelaide, what're you doing out here?" He asked again. I let a tear fall at the thought of the answer I had to give him.

"M-my brother never came back into the tent. S-so I went out to find him a-and..." I trailed off as my sobbing interrupted my speaking. He rubbed my back just like Corey had before he was pulled away into nothing.

"Did you not find him?" He asked me. I shook my head.

"N-no I found him," I stuttered. "H-he was taken away from me," I started crying even more, clutching willow in my hands.

I could tell he didn't seem happy.

"Shh shh shh, you're okay," he kept whispering in my ear. "Adelaide do you want to see some magic?" He asked suddenly, making me nod my head; a small hiccup escaping my lips that I had firmly pressed together. "Okay, watch this," he grinned and kept one hand on my back, and lifted one of my hands so the palm was facing upwards.

*

He then used his free hand and started turning his index finger in a circle above my empty palm. Little green whisps of green light started moving around, and in the palm of my hand appeared a glowing, green, tiny little ballerina. She smiled and danced to her well known routine, spinning and leaping across my tiny palm. I giggled and smiled, the glowing light dancing around my childish features and my eyes watching in wonder of what was happening in front of me. He was smiling down at what he created with his magic; probably the most innocent thing he's ever created with his magic, and looked down at me as I enjoyed his attempt at cheering me up. The bright green light reflected from his eyes, something it was used to doing. I continued watching as the ballerina looked at me and waved, taking a little bow and smiling, then continuing on with her dancing.

Peter was a lot like Corey.

But he also wasn't.

"P-Peter.." I started.

"Yes Adelaide?" He looked up at me with a smile. He had stopped moving his hand, but the green light was still radiating from my palm.

"I want my brother back,"

He let his smile slowly drop, the magic slowly dying into nothing and his eyes looking away from now. He took in a deep breath before continuing on with answering my question.

"I don't know if I can do anything about that Adelaide," I stared at him as he looked into my sould through my eyes.

Before he knew what was happening I had jumped forwards and wrapped my arms around his neck, crying my dear little heart out.

Of course he was shocked at first. His arms were just hovering in midair, his mouth wide open.

He was caught off guard by a 5 year old girl.

But then, slowly, he hugged back. His arms wrapped around me and held me there, his head on my shoulder.

"Calm down Adelaide, I'll take care of you. I'll protect you," he murmured. "I'll be your brother," he whispered the last part.

I continued to sob into his shirt, not hearing what he said and only wanting the comfort I was seeking out of a hug. At some point, he picked me up and carried me sort of on his hip. My legs dangled down around his waist, seeing as I was so small. We reached a tree line and I saw the soft embers of the fire my family and I let die. Peter put me down just at the edge of the trees and stared at me, his arms wtill lazily around me.

"Adelaide," he started. "Would you maybe consider," he seemed nervous and kept pausing.

"Yes Peter?"

He took a deep breath.

"Would you like to come with me?"

"Where?"

"A place called Neverland, where you never have to grow up,"

I furrowed my eyebrows.

"How?"

"Magic," he had a wild grin plastered across his face as he waited for my response.

"But Peter. I already lost Corey, I don't wanna lose my mommy and daddy too," I said sadly.

His face dropped.

"What?"

"Peter I want to stay with my mommy and daddy. Can you just visit?" I asked.

He shook his head in a tad bit of annoyance.

"No. But, I want you to stay with me Adelaide-I'll take care of you!" He seemed a bit upset now.

"Peter I-"

"Why don't you want to stay with me Adelaide? I can get you your brother back! Heck I'll be your brother!" He yelled.

I stared at him sadly, letting a few tears fall again, since now he was scaring me.

"Please Adelaide. Be my little lost girl," his voice softer now.

I pulled his hand up to mine slowly and placed Willow in them. Then I leaned up and planted a little kiss on his cheek.

His face was full of confusion as he looked down and the beat up old teddy bear, and then up at my tear stained cheeks.

"Goodbye Peter,"

A/N: I CANT THIS CHAPTER IS JUST AKSBSISBALDBAKEBNDIZNWISNAKDIDBSISBEISBS

JDKSJSNSKS

GAH

I was literally squealing and getting so many feels whilst typing this chapter omfg!!

Anywho, I might post another chapter today after I write it but idk cause my mind is running dry and this idea just came to me while I was lying in bed and pondering the mysteries of the universe...

Anywho... 😅

It'd be nice if you guys could start commenting what you think but no pressure haha

To whom it may concern,

If any of you lovely readers went over to my other book, then Thank you thank you thank you!!

Okay Idek what else to say here so byyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Love y'all whomever you may be!! Xx :D

-R (finally gone put smt like this here haha)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.6K 121 22
I sit here alone in this dark cave, whimpering slightly. In some other universe, my window is open and I'm laying on my floor. I'm 11 years old and n...
208K 6.8K 69
"You have two options. You can suffer through the fires of our passion with clenched teeth, writhing in agony, or you could become one with the flame...
10.1K 149 14
A very long time ago, you fell in love with a boy named Malcolm, and he blessed you with a son. Only problem? You're Hecate, goddess of magic, and yo...
43.9K 872 20
💚Under Editing Seperately💚 Taken from your true home you end up in the Enchanted Forest, living with the Evil Queen. During the dark curse you fou...