Only Time Can Tell

By AkineHimekawa

"I didn't get to have my dad." Sarada said angrily. "My dad missed out on all of my childhood. Your dad is th... More

WITH INTEREST
MY SON
UNDERSTAND ME
FIGHT
SINK
SCREAM
COURAGE
AUNT NEJI
HOLE
THE SCROLL
MONSTER
RINGING
BRIEF NOTE
FLESH WOUND
INFECTION
CLUELESS
A VOICE LIKE ICE
SILVER
HOW
WHY
BRIGHTEST SMILE
PROUD
1K SHOUTOUTS
CRY
RECAP CHAPTER
BE BRAVE
STRONGER
FAILURE
CAN YOU IMAGINE
DO NOT GIVE IN
SHOULD HAVE BEEN YOU
A/N: AW YOU GUYS
LOST
GRIEF
CONFRONTATION
OROCHIMARU
NOW...I'M GONE
TO LIVE
BLINDED
DREAMS
MANGEKYOU
PAINTING
HELL
RECAP PART 2!!!
OIL AND WATER
TOMATOES
UCHIHA
FAMILY
JUST A DREAM
HOKAGE
HEAL
ANOTHER ADVENTURE
LEGEND
ROAD TO FILLERS
POSSIBLE
TEASER 1
BAD INFLUENCE
RETURN
NEXT BOOK!!!
ANOTHER UCHIHA
ANOTHER UCHIHA: PAIN AND LOVE
ANOTHER UCHIHA: STUBBORN STRENGTH
MARKS OF LOVE
MOONLIT GUILT
BROKEN
STUPID
TEASER 2
BACHELOR
RUNNING OUT OF TIME
MOVING
POCKETS
TEASER 3
DEEPER WOUNDS
OTCT SOUNDTRACK!!!
A MOTHER'S LOVE: TEASER 3
OLD PATHS
SHE IS MY PRIVILEGE

I'LL KILL HIM

1.5K 69 23
By AkineHimekawa

CHAPTER 35

I'LL KILL HIM

BORUTO UZUMAKI

I have no idea how long I was out. It seemed like minutes, but for as much as I knew in these underground caverns it could have been hours. It could be light outside right now. I wasn't even panicked until I felt the metal rings around my wrists. And then you can bet I panicked.

I flailed around, cursed and screamed. Of course there was no one in the room to listen to my profanities. For a lab it didn't look very sanitary. The walls were dark, and the cave-like quality had made stalactites and stalagmites grow. They kept collecting moisture from in the air and steady dripped. Just listening to the dripping was it's own form of torture. On the far side of the room there was a metal door, with lots of freaky hinges making sure I couldn't escape. To my side was a whole tray of medical tools, each one more infamous than the last.

I was held down at my ankles, wrists, and at my shoulders. I could still move my hands and my neck, but the rest of my body was mostly immobile. I struggled for what felt like hours, and then I started to feel my injuries. The adrenaline must have held me over until just now, but I could feel that my nose was definitely broken from that last punch, there was a tooth in my mouth that felt dangerously wiggly. I could taste that blood had trickled out of my mouth and had dried into a crust while I was asleep.

I was jolted back into the present when I heard the metal door creak open. Orochimaru stood at the door, gloves on his hands and a demon grin on his face. "Look at you, so impatient." Orochimaru shook his head at me to see myself flailing hopelessly. "You time will come. The last surgery took longer than I thought. I'm only halfway done." He looked me in the eye and winked. "It's normally much easier with adult bodies."

Adult bodies. That....that means...he's dealing with a child. "SARADA!" I screamed. "WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER, YOU BASTARD?!!!"

"Calm down, it has nothing to do with you." Orochimaru said coming closer.

"TAKE ANOTHER STEP AND I'LL KILL YOU!!!"

"Is that so?" Orochimaru chuckled, walking right over to me. "How is that working out for you?" He took a utensil out of the tray. "Like I said, your time will come. I was just checking in on you, making sure you hadn't miraculously died. It's much more fun when the patients are alive."

"Get away from me, you disgusting creep."

"That's a horrible mouth you've got." Orochimaru smiled. "Maybe I could do something about that, mental note." He said his snake tongue flicking in my direction. "How are your restraints?" He reached down to the restraints on my wrists and tugged on them, until I could feel the blood flow being cut off. "Not too tight, I hope?"

"Just fine." I grit my teeth. Orochimaru smirked at my lie.

"Well, I've gotta go, too much longer and her sedative will wear off...Wouldn't it be horrible if we did the surgery while she's awake?" He pondered. "On second thought, it might be more fun that way. For me anyhow."

"GET BACK HERE!!!" I screamed as he closed the door behind him. "Damn snake." I collapsed against the cold metal table he had strapped me to. Sarada...I have to hurry. I felt the whisker marks on my face start to burn and tingle again. Then a voice.

Oi, Naruto's brat. It said. Wanna get out of here?

"What the hell?"

Like father like son, I suppose. Dumb as a box of rocks. You know you inherited your dad's Nine Tail's chakra. I'm just a small portion of it, but I can get you out of here just fine.

"I don't...what?" An echoing sigh vibrated inside of me.

I'm the Nine Tails. Surely you know what that means?

"Well yeah, but why are you only here now?"

You never really needed me before. Unless you think you don't need my power right now....?

"Wait, wait, wait! I do! I'm just confused."

Do you want my power?

"Yes!"

Here we go.

I felt a surge in my gut that spread to my fingertips. I was filled with chakra. I gathered a bunch of his chakra and made it as compact and sharp as possible. I had made a kunai out of literally nothing but chakra. I held onto it the best I could, cramping my wrist so I could cut the leather strap holding that arm down. I reached across myself to my other wrist and cut that strap. I tried to keep up the chakra under control as I cut through the strap at my shoulders. The chakra made for a sweet kunai, it cut through thick leather like it was butter. I cut through the ankle straps and stretched for a second feeling my joints popping from laying on such a hard surface.

"Now we've just got the door." I said to myself, slipping off the table with ease. I walked over to the door, and smiled. "Well this one is easy." I held out my hand and filled it with chakra spinning fast.

"Rasengan!" I whisper yelled. I could almost feel the Nine Tails rolling his eyes inside me. I slammed the ball of chakra into the door and the I felt the metal twist and break off the hinges. A huge hole was left in the middle of the door where my hand was. The door fell back with a bang. I winced at the loud sound after being in such a quiet room.

"Here we go." I said running down the hallway. The hallway was lined with rooms identical to my own. I just needed to find the one with Sarada in it. Most of the rooms were dark. There was one at the end of the hallway that's lights were on.

It could be a trap idiot! Kurama warned inside me.

"Like I give a damn at this point!" I ran to the end of the hall and opened the door. The room wasn't like mine, the walls were white, and the room was dry and smelled like disinfectant. My heart clunked when I saw the body on the table. It wasn't Sarada. This one was dead. I didn't even take the time to see who it was. But the body had been opened up and all of it's organs were exposed, just looking at it made me want to vomit.

I turned and ran away. The hallway opened up into a larger room. This room seemed to stock supplies and other...stuff. There were jars filled with eyes and hearts. A human skeleton laid across a countertop. Bags of blood were hung on the ends of shelves. What is this place?

The room divided into 3 separate corridors. Thankfully only two of them were actually lighted. I tried to see if I sensed Sarada's chakra. On the path to the left I sensed a chakra but it didn't seem like her's. The one on the right was my only other option. Knowing that I didn't have much time left I raced down the hall. I would find Sarada. I will find her. I have to.

There were 3 rooms that were lit, evenly spaced apart from each other. I chose one based on my gut feeling and prayed that she would be in there. And she was. The door slammed against the wall with my force. I closed the door behind me. It was her. Her raven black hair spread out in all directions, blood entangled in it. Her fists were clenched and she was strapped down just like me. A white towel covered her face.

"Oh God, please no." I walked over to her. "Please no, please no, please, please, please, no..." I felt her wrist and held my breath, I almost fell down when I felt her heartbeat. She is alive.

"Sarada..." I took her hand. "I'm here." I lifted the towel to try and wake her and I was horrified. Her eyes were empty. There was nothing there. The girl with the beautiful black eyes...he took her eyes. The holes in her head made me keel over. I fell to my knees, my hands clapped over my mouth. I could feel the bile rising up into my mouth. I tried to swallow it down. I grabbed the table and hauled myself up again. But almost vomited when I saw it was her eyes on the counter. Forever staring at me. Her Sharingan had been taken from her.

"No...Sarada...no!" A pair of tools laid next to her eyes covered in blood. ' The last surgery took longer than I thought....It's normally much easier with adult bodies.' This....he did this. "I'll kill him." I felt myself lose all control. A dull roar began to build in the back of my mind as chakra swirled around me.

"Boruto..." I looked down in horror and saw Sarada's lips trembling out words. "Is it you?"

"Yes. I'm here." I said taking her hand. "I'm so sorry."

"Boruto...why can't I see?"

"I'm...so sorry." I said squeezing her hand. My eyes burned with rage. "I'll kill him."   

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

601 40 10
TITLE CHANGED FROM-THE DREAM TO IN ANOTHER LIFE!!!!! Ignorance is known to be a key to humbleness and what not. But what if it causes pain to one. B...
113K 3.6K 17
Sakura was on the very same bench Sasuke has left her. Crying with such sorrowful tears that it quickly saddened her surroundings. She was crying for...
35.4K 447 20
It was night. The nine tails came alive because of a man. And also Sarada gave birth to her daughter, Sairi Uzumaki. Many people died that day and th...
30K 896 17
It was dark and lonely. No one was there. Suddenly there was a boy with red hair and coral eyes (would that be his eye color?) He smiled at me and sa...