Playing With Fire

By only1MT

A Ter-Raji story. I knew he was married and I didnt care because I knew what was on camera wasnt real. You ma... More

From The Start
A Night to Remember
Soul Train Awards
Playing with Fire
Down and Out
Playing Hard
Sick of Playing Hard
Its Just a Feeling
Meet Qirin
Trouble Don't Last Always.
Her Little Secrets
For Your Own Good
Girls Night Out
Terrence , Im Sorry!
I'll Never Let You Go
Next Door Neighbor
Final
Just Friends
His Little Secrets
No Regrets Only Lessons Learned
Lie to Me
Headlines
Visits of the Past
Sins From My Father
Same Ol'Mistakes
Bad Impressions Pt.1
Bad Impressions Pt.2
Daddy's Little Girl
Authors Note
Let Me In
Reliving the Nightmare
All I Want Is You
Fallen Angel
Are You Ready For Love?
Dysfunctional Family
Digging a Little Too Deep
Right My Wrongs
Loose Ties Pt.1
Hiding in The Shadows
A Friendly Reminder
Trust Issues
Whats Done in the Dark Pt.1
Whats Done in the Dark Pt.2
Come Back To Me
Cold Hard Love
How Can I Ease It
Question Is
L.A Confidential
Moving Forward

Loose Ties Pt.2

1.1K 49 32
By only1MT

Terrence
9:00am

Watching the clouds graze past the window I bobbed my head adjusting my studio beats, turning the volume up on my MacBook. Old school rap was the best in my opinion any NWA album got me through any flight.

I sunk further into the tan leather seats on my private plane getting comfortable. This was going to be a long flight back to LA.

Rome was admitted into Rehab yesterday. I helped him set up his room. I was with him every step of the way. I closed my eyes thinking back to our temporary final moment.

He scowled turning his nose up walking further into the room. He dropped his duffle bag on the couch, I rolled his suitcase in after him. His room was small. The bathroom sat on the side of the room a small kitchen and living room that connected. A square wooden table with two chairs and his full sized bed was over in the corner.

There was one big bay window. Rome looked around uneasy at his new environment that he had to adjust to. I walked over opening the curtains letting some light in.

He shielded his eyes squinting them a little.

"I don't know about this one Tee. Can we find another one?"He asked turning his nose up. I turned around to him.

"I think it has potential, besides this is a time for you to get better it's only temporary. It's up to you how long you have to stay here."I said wrapping my arm around his shoulder.

He sighed giving in going over to sit on his bed. He bounced on it making the cheap chestnut headboard creak. This place breaks the person down and build them back up , this was just what he needed to appreciate the value of life.

"Oh I almost forgot , I got you something."I said reaching behind me pulling out a wrapped big box.

"Awh man it ain't even my birthday."He joked taking the box from me. He ripped the paper off eagerly ,then taking the top off. Pulling out the painting.

He blinked looking it over at a lost for words. He placed his hands over his eyes sniffing. I rocked on my heels as my eyes fell to the hardwood floor.

"I thought Harmony could give you that extra motivation you need."I said lowly.

"It looks just like her Terrence...bro thank you so much really for everything."He said placing the painting by his bed.

"It's all love bro , I got you forever!"I said pulling him into a hug.

The nurse came to the door."Mr.Howard visiting hours are over in five minutes."She excused herself poking her head in the door.

Rome dropped his head then dapped me up one last time before it was time for me to leave. I could tell he wanted to follow me out of that place so bad. He was ready to take the next step. It was something different about this time around. I had hope that Rome would do this and get through it. I had faith.

I smiled remembering our last moment together until next year. I was going to miss him , he told me to make sure I send him lots of pictures of the family and write to him. I promised him I would and even go up there for the family day visits when they have them. I was going to support my brother this time while he went through this program , it was for the best.

A FaceTime call popped up on the screen. It was my manager Neal Oakley . I accepted it and his face appeared. His oversized glasses hung loosely on his nose. He wore a big smile on face.

"Terrence I need you in my office as soon as you land! It's urgent!"He said , he was already in his office.

"Neal what's the urgency? I kinda have things to do."I looked down at the time it was already going on 11 o'clock , Rahji wanted me to go with her to the mall and visit different venues to have the babyshower.

"50 million dollars is the urgency! It's time to get you back in action Terrence! You can go back to playing house at another time..get down here pronto Howard."He said before ending the call.

50 million dollars?! Neal was one of the best managers in Hollywood so I know whatever roles he had for me would be career changing. A new role? Hell yeah I was ready to go back to work and 50 million didn't sound too bad right now with everything we have to prepare for. It has been a while since I filmed but dammit this is a bad time.

I scrolled to my messages and clicked on her contact number. This could go both ways she chew my ass out or she will be understanding. Taraji lately has been very lets just say horribly hormonal...it's time for that baby to come out of her.

'To:LOML❤️'
Baby I have to meet with my manager when I land. Im going to be running a little late can't wait to see you😘

I pressed send and waited for her response. The three dots popped up on the screen indicating that she was replying. I braced myself.

'From:LOML❤️'
Don't baby me asshole🖕🏽This the first thing you tell me all day? Tell Neal to wait , this is more important.

I knew it, she was going to chew my ass out. I can see her now frowning her face up at her phone. My spoiled brat missed me that's all.

'To:LOML❤️'
You are important and so is my baby but I gotta make sure we eat so I'm going to be running a little late and understand that.

Sometimes I just had to put her in her place , cause she was so damn stubborn and hard to negotiate with sometimes.

'From:LOML❤️'
Fine! I'll ask Gabby to go🙄, I love you..stupid

See it works everytime. I laughed to myself and replied then shut my laptop. Closing my eyes laying back and enjoying the rest of this flight.

3:00pm

Knocking twice on Neal's office door.I peeped over at him through the glass window. He waved for me to enter.

"Come in Terrence!"I heard him say from behind the door. Twisting the knob I walk into his huge office. He came behind the desk with open arms.

"My favorite actor, finally you've made it."He said grabbing the sides of my arms shaking them. I laughed walking around him taking a seat in front of his desk.

"So talk to me Neal , what you got?"I asked crossing my legs. He cleared his throat strengthen his tie coming into my view.

"Well first I have 5 movies set up for you there listed here."He said sliding me the paperwork. I took it looking it over.

"Now each movie is offering you 4 mill at least but you'll gross over 50 mill after production not including box office sales...you can thank me now."He pitched with that cocky smile of his.

I smirked liking the way that sounded. Looking over the titles while he continued his pitch. I had completely tuned him out.

The Dead Man Down
The Brave One
Prisoners
Pride
The Best Man Holiday
(A/N going by my own timeline💁🏽)

I raised a brow at the last title leaning forward. "Uh this last one here...The Best Man Holiday?" I asked pointing to the last title. I clearly knew what it said.

He nodded pushing his glasses up.

"Yeah why not get the old gang back and make another hit? But thats a typo , that title actually is the first up for filming."He clarified.

Just when I thought I was clear of the bullshit that I know is about to transpire throughout filming this movie , here it comes back knocking at my door.

I scratched the back of my neck.

"Have everyone else agreed?"I asked hesitantly. Neal scoffed laughing.

"Yes Terrence , we are waiting on your approval."He said rocking back and forth awaiting my answer.

'Thanks for the heads up Morris and Taye.' I said to myself inwardly rolling my eyes.

👿'You might would know what was going on with your boys if your soft ass didn't have your head so far up Taraji's ass..pussy' My evil thoughts taunted me. I frowned that was a little harsh , I mean we are getting married.

😇'Shut up can't you see he's in love...Terrence discuss it with Taraji first and just stay away from Melissa.' My cynical thoughts burst into laughter. See atleast someone gets it.

👿'We will see.'

Neal waved his hand in my face."Earth to Terrence!"He said snapping his fingers. I blinked shaking my head.

"Uh how soon will I start filming?"I asked the grand question that needed to be addressed the most. Hopefully I had enough time , but Taraji knew nothing about me and Soso and I was gonna keep it that way.

"Next week..here in Hollywood , The directors has already sent  you the script and it should be waiting at your doorstep."He blurted looking down at his watch.

I damn near choked , so much for time cause my ass sure didn't have any.

😈'50 million dollars Terrence...baby Howard and Qirin would be set.'

Now he was making the most sense. I had to provide for my family and filming would keep me busy.

God I just hope filming don't interfere with my life at home because dammit I loved living normal for once. I would be spending less time with Rahji and Q ,I knew she wasn't going to like this but I was going to make it work.

"Alright Neal..where do I sign?"I asked. He clapped his hands fist pumping. Neal was so damn hyper but you had to love him.

After finishing up the last of the contracts and production papers. It was time to face Taraji. I pulled out my phone as I walked to the elevator.

Scrolling down to her contact my thumb hovered over her number. Maybe I should just tell her face to face she's out shopping right now.

I nodded going with that idea.

Too many innocent people would be getting hurt if I told her right now with her anger management issues.

The elevator binged and I hopped on.

"Wait hold it!"I heard a feminine voice yell out. I stuck my hand out stopping the closing elevator doors.

"Thank you."She said holding her head down.

"No...problem."I said slowly now realizing who she was.

"Terrence you don't have to act all weird."Melissa said with an eye roll walking in. She took her corner of the elevator and I took mine.

I forgot her manager worked in this building. Trust me I should have remembered. I stuffed my hands into my Nike sweatpants pocket. My eyes stayed on my shoes I didn't want to glance over , too much eye contact might lead her on.

She crossed her arms over her chest with so much attitude. This is the thanks I get after holding the elevator? I could have been petty and not held it and made her wait at least 5 minutes for the next one.

She sighed , her eyes were nervously glued to the descending elevator levels. She bit her bottom lip ,playing in her hair.

She turned flipping her hair over her shoulder. Her eyes scaled my still frame from head to toe.

"Terrence can I say something please?"She asked as if she needed my permission. I mean it was a big ass elephant in this small elevator and I knew she was about to address it.

"Sure Melissa."I said shrugging. She blinked biting the corner of her lip.

"About what happened , I just got a little jealous and I realize that you actually love her and that's cute and great an all. But Terrence I don't want us acting like we can't be friends because we can be friends at least to film this movie..like old times."Melissa said looking me in my eyes. I smirked looking down at my shoes at the last part.

"Soso you know we were friends first ofcourse we can."I said with a smile. I wrapped my arm around her shoulder. She laughed laying her head on me.

I didn't see a problem with being friends with Melissa I know my old ways were long dead and gone , Im secure in my relationship to know I ain't ready to fuck up 5 years of chasing just for a quick nut. My Rahji was more than enough for me. Besides the tension was unnecessary and it would interfere with our work.

The elevator dinged pulling us from our brief rekindling moment. I let her walk out first and then I did. I was fighting the temptation to look at her ass like I was Muhammad Ali defending his heavy weight championship.

I mean I am a man. She wasn't no Taraji but I had to admit she looked good. I cleared my throat hoping to advert my thoughts out of my mind.

"Besides I didn't want to have to put a restraining order out on you girl."I said nudging her as we walked to our cars.

She scoffed chuckling. "Oh shut up Terrence nobody wants you and f.y.i , I got a man now."She said opening the drivers side of her Beamer.

"Oh word?"I asked surprisingly raising a brow. She nodded happily.

"I hope you keep him happy."I tossed her way unlocking my Audi.

"Didn't I keep you happy?"She countered flirtatiously raising her brow. I bit my bottom lip not wanting to respond.

"It's just a joke Terrence ,ease up."She said chuckling as she started her car. She pulled from the park , she gave me one finally wave and then she was gone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.6K 3K 48
What would you say if we told you Taraji and Terrence had a secret? It wasn't just any secret....it was THE secret. What if it didn't start during th...
654K 23.1K 46
"I Do" hearing those two words coming from him breaks my heart into million pieces again. I lost him forever. Everything is happening infront of me...
27K 948 27
What If Terrence and Taraji Were Real And His Wife Was The Other Woman