It's All Fun and Games

By ACAWalsh

Alexandria was never like the other Beauxbaton girls. Her bright red hair and pale skin made her stick out li... More

6th Year at Beauxbatons
The Goblet of Fire
The French Triplets
Halloween with the Weasleys
A Weasley Week
The First Task and A Ball
The Second Task
The Third Task
Death in Disguise
Home Again
Number 12, Grimmauld Place
Jordan Cottage and Farmyard
Diagon Alley
A Little Pink Toad
The Quidditch Trials
The High Inquisitor
Leaving with a Bang
Aftermath of the Ministry
The Proposal
Telling Percy
Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
You Hear those Sleigh Bells Ringing, Wedding Bells dinging....
Baby Boy
Run
Quick boys, an ecstasy of fumbling
Never Again
SEQUEL
1K READS!!!
Bonus Chapter 1

The Sorting Ceremony

2.9K 95 51
By ACAWalsh

I hugged Mum goodbye, and stepped on the train, holding hands with Lee, and Fred and George behind me. I look around, trying to spot Fleur.

"Where is she? She said she will be here!" I utter to myself, and sit down in an empty cabin, followed by Lee, Fred and George.

Five minutes later, a familiar, French blonde came in to our cabin.

"Xandria! There you are!" Fleur shouts running to hug me.

"Perfect French manners.... Tut tut." I joke, as everyone apart from Fleur looks at me in confusion. We both burst out laughing. Fleur bows down.

"Bonjour Madame. Comment ça va?"

Now we both burst out laughing, but we compose ourselves eventually.

"Did you hear ickle Ronniekins is prefect?" I ask Fleur, and her eyebrows shoot up.

"You must be so ashamed!" Fleur sighs over-dramatically. Now, everyone else bursts out laughing.

"I say we see if he is willing to give sa famille detention?" I comment, rolling my eyes.

"Let's push him!" Fred, George and I say in unison, and Fleur raises her eyebrows.

"Haven't grown apart over the summer then?" she mutters.

We spend the rest of the trip playing Exploding Snap, well, that was until Fleur's eyebrows got blown off, I suppose.

"Can you charm them back on?" Fleur screeches at me, and I throw my arms up in mock defence.

"Fine! Merde calm down." I perform a complex charm and Fleur seems satisfied.

There is a knock on our door, and Prefect Hermione comes in.

"You better put on your robes-" Hermione starts, before Fred interrupts her.

"If it isn't our favourite perfect prefect Hermione?"

Hermione gives him a cold look, before continuing.

"-now because we are nearly at Hogwarts." Oh Fleur, I didn't see you there!"

"Oh I am doing an 'exchange' to 'ogwarts for my last year, to 'elp my English." Fleur replies briefly.

"Okay, well, see you at the feast! And by the way, Malfoy is a prefect?" Hermione says smartly, before leaving.

"Holy Sh- I mean Merde! How in their right mind would make Malfoy prefect?" George says, his voice full of contempt.

Fleur and I laugh at his poor attempt at cursing in French.

"Georgie, it is Merde! What you said has an entirely meaning!" I smirk, not telling him what it means.

We get changed, and I sit beside Lee, as we see Hogwarts fast approaching.

"What house do you think I will be in Lee?" I ask quietly, feeling very nervous.

"Easily either Gryffindor or Ravenclaw! You are smart and unbelievably courageous." he replies softly, leaving me smiling.

"You are too kind." I remark, kissing Lee on the nose.

"Aw, look at the two lovebirds!" Ginny says sarcastically.

"When did you get here?" I snap, and Ginny steps back.

"Calm down Xandria, I just came to tell you my new nickname for you! Xandy!" Ginny replies while smirking.

I roll my eyes. "Perfect, Ginerva! I do think the name Ginerva is way more suitable then Gin or Ginny."

Now, Ginny glares at me. "Right Xandy, when I get my hands on-"

No another sibling enters our cabin, followed by Harry and Hermione.

"Guys stop fighting-" Ron starts uncomfortably.

"Congrats on not becoming a stuck-up, prefect git Harry!" I yell, causing Fred and George to burst out laughing.

"Definitely Fred and Georges sister anyway." Ron mutters under his breath before continuing. "I don't want to give you two detention-"

I pout. "Now Ronniekins, what did we say about abusing your new stuck-up powers? I wouldn't mind if you gave them to Crabbe or Goyle or whatever, but not your own family members!"

"That is the exact opposite of what Hermione said to me..." Ron mumbles and I gasp.

"But of course she will be bias, she is a prefect of course! She doesn't want Crabbe and Goyle to get detention in case they actually become smart, and get better OWL's then her.

Smirking then I bow. "For your information I got twelve, as I deem it necessary to become the best creator I can be!" I dust off my hands and sit back down.

"Oh, we are here!" Harry stammers, to stop Hermione and Ron from murdering me. They walk away, Hermione and Ron glowering at me.

"Whoops, I think I got a bit carried away there..." I mumble, and Fred laughs.

"Imagine if that was Hermione's plot! It would be ingenious!"

Fleur laughs, and I smile sweetly. "Just doing my best to make the world a better place!" I mock salute, before marching out the doors and towards the carriages, which are being led by skeletal, black horses.

"Ooh, who is a good skeleton horse! I cooed, as everyone looked at me.

"Xandria, there is nothing there." Lee remarks, sounding more than a little afraid.

I look down, then realising what creature it was.

"Holy Merde, it is a thestral! None of you have seen death, have you?"

They look disgusted, followed by concern.

"No-" Fred starts.

"-you have?" George finishes.

I nod my head, and thankfully nobody else pursues the question. We get in the carriage, and I have to sit on Lee's lap.

We reach the school, and Fred, George and Lee lead Fleur and I into the Great Hall.

Fleur and I stand amongst the First Years awkwardly, both of us standing tall at around 5"10, more than a foot taller than most of the firsties.

"Ahem. I have a few announcements this year, so please listen up! Firstly, I want to welcome everyone back and to, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. We have two new students this year, who are transfers from Beauxbatons. I hope you make them feel very welcome. And secondly, you have a new professor of Defence Against the Dark Arts. May the Sorting begin." Dumbledore introduces, and I look over at the pink toad in the corner, who must be the new teacher for Defence.

I groan inwardly. I don't think we will get on well.

McGonagall walks out holding a ragged hat, and announces; Weasley, Alexandria.

"Merde" I curse, and Fleur gives me a look of sympathy.

I walk up, and put on the hat.

Hello Miss Weasley.

Hello Mister Hat. How are you?

Fine I think. Now where to put you.....

Well Mister Hat, I personally think most of the Slytherins are little prats, so I think I don't belong there.... But anyway, why are you asking me, this is your job!

The hat laughs out loud, attracting many curious stares.

Well anyway, I'll get to my job. Not Slytherin anyway, I don't think you are a Hufflepuff, but Gryffindor or Ravenclaw?? You are obviously smart, but you are also too brave-

Thank you Mister Hat! So I am not evil, not loyal or hardworking... I am quite like you on that, actually! You are the biggest procrastinator of a hat I have ever met!

The hat laughs out loud for a second time. Now people are really curious.

Well you are a Weasley-

Well observed Mister Hat! One goal star to you!

So Gryffindor suits you best-

I know you sort of asked me where I wanted to go at the start, and y'know what? I just wanted to have a conversation with the Great Hat, Ruler of Procrastinators! So if you may, shout Gryffindor please! Though I wouldn't mind being in Procrastinators house like you, but anyway-

"PROCRASTINATOR!" Mister Hat shouts out. "JUST LIKE ME!"

I take off Mister Hat and bow.

"Sorry Mister Hat, but I think you are a bit confused. I know I told you that you belong in a house called Procrastinator, but alas, it doesn't exist. Now if you may-"

"Fine, fine. GRYFFINDOR!" the hat shouts.

"And Mister Hat? Can I visit you sometime, being in a house by yourself must be really boring, and I can help you get over your tendency to procrastinate, and you can join me in Gryffindor!"

Mister Hat looks horrified, and I smile. "Hope I see you soon Mister Hat!"

I skip down and sit beside Fred and George, who are roaring with laughter, Lee isn't much better, and the rest of the school is laughing. I wave up at Mister Hat who glares at me.

"Honestly, Mister Hat? That girl is insane!" I hear the hat mutter, but I don't think I was meant to hear.

"Tut tut, Mister Hat! Bad manners is not accepted in any friendship of mine!" I yell up at it, and the hat scowls, before being dumped on Fleur's head.

Fleur POV

I walk up to the hat, who looks very grumpy.

Hello Miss Delacour.

May I call you Mister Hat?-

No you may not, Miss Delacour. The little brat-

You are obviously referring to my friend, Alexandria?

You are friends?

"GRYFFINDOR" the hat yells, as I run down beside Xandria.

"How was it?" she asks, her eyes glinting mischievously.

"Sent me too Gryffindor, the minute I mention you, or as the hat put it, 'the little brat' while it was ranting" I informed her, and she burst out laughing while 'Harrison, Gavin" was sorted into Hufflepuff.

Alexandria POV

When Fleur told me of the hats view of things I nearly died. Of laughter.

"What is so funny Lexi?" Lee asks me, having not overheard Fleur and I's conversation.

"Oh Mister Hat thinks I am specifically 'the little brat'" I wheeze, and he joins in with my laughter.

"The rate you are going, you'll be in the newest edition of Hogwarts: A History (90's version) more than Fred, George and Harry combined!" Lee jokes, as Fred and George joins the conversation.

"Oh, I was just telling Lee of my talk with Mister Hat, and he was telling me how amazing I am!" I inform them, as they ask for the joke.

"I have never seen thing like it!" a different, yet familiar, voice says from behind me.

"Angie!" I squeal as I hug her. "You are Quidditch Captain now?" I see her badge.

"Yep." she replies happily, popping the 'p'. "And you two, will be sharing dormitories with Alicia and I."

Angie points at me and Fleur, as she sits down to eat.

"I am Alicia." a tall girl with long black hair greets.

"I am Alexandria, or Xandria, as my name is obnoxiously long." I introduce myself, and Alicia laughs.

"You're the one who made the hat hat go insane! I heard McGonagall going on about how the hat was constantly muttering 'procrastinator', and 'Mister Hat' to himself." Alicia exclaims.

"Oh Mister Hat and I are besties, he is just too formal to by his first name. He however, was very fond of calling me 'little brat' according to Fleur.

"She is exactly like her triplet brothers." Angie, Alicia and Fleur seem to chorus in unison.

"Are you sure you three aren't the triplets here, because that was horror movie material." I joke, before imagining eating a vegetarian pasta and drinking water. Immediately, these two things pop up.

I start eating, and that, is how my 7th year (or first year) at Hogwarts began.

Authors Note
For the sake of the future plot, Katie Bell doesn't exist! Anyway, I hoped you enjoyed Mister Hat, and that I am JK Rowling. Not. So these aren't my characters, apart from Xandria of course!

À bientôt!
-A

Btw, my name does actually begin with A! Whoever guesses it first can have a character get featured in this story!

Auf Wiedersehen!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

94.1K 3.7K 28
''There will be three tasks, spaced throughout the school year, and the will test the champions in many different ways . . . their magical prowess...
4.4K 141 23
While people truly believed that the school of Beauxbatons only hosted the french, the school had more culture than you could ever believe. Within th...
37.6K 1.3K 65
Book 2: After the disaster of last year, The Fountaine family has decided to take their daughter out of Hogwarts to straighten her out at a far stric...
319K 6.4K 49
(Y/N) gets her Hogwarts acceptance letter late, in her fifth year. While the Triwizard Tournament is going on, she eventually falls in love with one...