Black Rose

By -starsailor

"she was a rose in the hands of those who had no intention of keeping her." - Rupi Kaur. Started: August 6, 2... More

Prelude.
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
Postlude.
New Book.

11.

13.3K 887 617
By -starsailor

Majesty A. Collins

"Hyggelig. It's a Danish word and it's an adjective." I spoke in front of the small class in front of me. Half of them were paying close attention and the other half were doing whatever pleased them. "It means taking pleasure from the presence of gentle, comforting and soothing things. It's a feeling of friendship, warmth, peace, and contentment," I motioned with my hands, "in a comfortable and cozy atmosphere. That's why many people love when autumn comes around."

The class clapped as I made my way up the few stairs to my seat.

"Good job." Sabrina smiled.

What did that have to do with philosophy? I don't know, but it was an assignment and easy points.

Returning the kind gesture, I thanked Sabrina and watched as she got up to go present next.

Class went by fairly fast. I was soon sitting at a table outside, munching on a strawberry and blueberry salad. Keiara went on about how Harlan finally asked her out on a date this weekend. I only listened to some of what she was saying. My mind was just wondering all over the place. Especially Alex.

I don't think I like the way he reacted last night.

"Maj?" Keiara asked, waving her hand in my face. I snapped out of my daze and looked across the table at her. "Did you hear a word I just said?" I nodded my head and took a strawberry off of my fork before chewing it. "Anyways, how was your date that? I see you're still alive."

Rolling my eyes, I let out a small laugh. "You're five days late, it's Thursday."

"Better late than never." She shrugged. "Did he rock your body again?"

"N- again?!" I shrieked, causing some of the people in the courtyard to look our way. "We never even had sex Keiara."

"If you say so.."

I gazed down at my lap as my phone dinged from an iMessage. I quickly unlocked my phone when I saw who it was from.

Alex 🌙: I see you. Come here. -1:15pm

Looking up from my phone, I glanced around the courtyard but didn't see him.

I don't see you, and I have class in fifteen. -1:16pm

Alex 🌙: I'm in the back parking lot. Just come here, it'll be quick. -1:16pm

I locked my phone and stuffed it in my back pocket before standing up and gathering my belongings.

"Where are you going?" Keiara screwed her face up. "Are you really that mad that I know what y'all did?"

"What?" I scoffed. "Alex said he's here so I'm going to go say hi."

Keiara mumbled a whatever before I marched accords the courtyard. I threw my trash away in the dumpster before cutting through the bushes to the back parking lot.

Despite the attitude I have with him, a smile appeared on my face when my eyes landed on him. He leaned on his black Lamborghini, his eyes following my every movement.

When I approached him he grabbed me by my waist, pulling me close to his body.

"Wassup?" He mumbled against my lips.

He kissed my lips, but stopped when he realized that I wasn't kissing back.

"What's wrong with you?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

I got out of his grip and backed away a few feet. "Really Alex?"

"What?" He threw his arms up while letting out a breathy laugh. "What did I do?"

"Nothing." I pursed my lips and fixed my backpack straps on my shoulders. "Bye." I murmured before turning around.

His hand grabbed my arm, stopping me from walking away from him.

The memory of last night suddenly replayed in my head.

"Alex, stop!" I giggle as Alex tickle my waist once again.

He chuckled as I pried his hands off of me. We both took a couple steps as the ice cream parlor line moved up.

The line wasn't that long. Within minutes we both had ice cream cones in our hands as we strolled down the surprisingly empty sidewalk. Only a few people would pass, but they were all men or women with briefcases in one of their hands.

"Can I try some of yours?" I pulled Alex's hand towards me and tried to lick his ice cream.

"You said you don't like chocolate ice cream." He laughed, trying to get away from me.

"But yours look good."

I smiled in triumph as he held his cone close to my mouth. Licking the ice cream, I frowned as soon as the strong chocolate taste touched my tastebuds. Alex smirked while examining my face.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me along with him since we had stopped walking. Our hands swung between us as we continued to walk. The dim street lights were the only source of light since we weren't in the major part of the city.

"Oh shit." He murmured, dropping my hand to cover his face. Well he tried to.

I looked at him in confusion until I tore my eyes away from his face. I noticed a figure walking towards us, but the small amount of light made it hard to see who it is. I probably wouldn't know who it is anyways, I don't know many people.

I was so caught up trying to figure out why Alex was acting weird, I didn't even notice the person had stopped him. "Hey Breezy." The woman smiled. She was a white woman who looked like she was in her thirties, but I wasn't too sure. Caucasians seem to look older than they really are. "You went M.I.A. on me." She frowned while twirling a blonde lock in her pale hands.

I raised an eyebrow, looking between the two. Just by looking at them it seemed as if they were total opposites and wouldn't dare associate with each other. She wore bright colors and seemed like she was the preppy and popular girl in school. Alex, he was the mysterious boy. Probably the guy no one bothered to get to know, but I could be wrong.

"Oh, hey... Veronica..?" Alex awkwardly spoke.

"Amber." She giggled. "Silly, how could you forget?" She then looked me up and down with a slight disgusted look on her face. "Oh, this is your girl?"

"Yep, and you're unwanted right now." I spoke up with a frown on my face. "Run along."

Rolling her eyes at me, she then looked at Alex with a smile on her face.

"Handle your girl Breezy."

Alex grabbed her arm, pulling her close to his body. She smirked as he bended down a bit to her level. "Amber, I'll talk to you later." He tried to whisper. "You see I'm busy right now."

"Is she your girl though? I-"

"Bruh."

"Fine." She grumbled, jerking away from him. Her heels clicked on the ground as she marched down the sidewalk.

"Wow." I chuckled and began to walk faster than Alex. "Unbelievable."

The night ended with him telling me not to worry about her. But did he tell me why I shouldn't worry about her? No. It's always the girl they tell you not to worry about.

"You know, you can be a real asshole."

"I can?" He chuckled and pulled my back to his chest. His arms snaked around my waist and his head laid in the crook of my neck. "I'm sorry, I don't even know her."

"You said you'd talk to her later!" I shrieked out of frustration and anger.

"I just said it to make her go away. I was just playing along babygirl." He turned my body so we were now face to face. He pouted as he looked in my eyes. "I don't know her, why do you think I called her Veronica?"

A small smile found its way to my face as I bit back my laugh.

"I'm sorry." I giggled as I kissed his pouty lips.

"Mhm, you better be." He teased. I rolled my eyes and attempted to walk back on the campus, but Alex pulled me to him once again. "Come with me Majesty."

"I have class and-"

"Skipping one time won't hurt." He shrugged and went around to the passenger side, opening the door. "One time won't do any harm Majesty."

His words came out so... I don't know, but it seemed as if he put a spell on me.

"Your weed tastes better than weed I've smoked before." I took a puff of the blunt and passed it to him.

"Well, you know..." he shrugged, "pay a lot for it."

I nodded and closed my eyes as my head laid on his chest. I couldn't fight the sleep that was trying to take over.

Rolling over in bed, my eyes fluttered open without being blinded by the sun. I quickly sat up in bed and looked out of the giant windows in front of me. The sun wasn't even rising yet.

Gazing to my side, I noticed Alex was no longer beside me.

I forced myself out of bed and searched everywhere for him, but he was absolutely no where.

"What the.." I furrowed my eyebrows as I came across a string attached to the floor.

Bending down, I pulled the string back which happened to pull some of the floor up also. I looked over my shoulder and made sure Alex was for sure gone. Once I was sure he was, I went down the wooden stairs. The last step creaked as I hopped down and came in contact with the carpet floor.

My hands felt around the cold wall until it reached a light switch. My eyes darted around the room that looked pretty expensive. On one half of the room a bunch of dog things were everywhere. Such as toys, food, a bed, leashes, and diamond collars. One thing in particular that caught my eye was a giant spray painting on the wall of a pit bull with bright blue eyes.

Perhaps this is the room his friend's dog stay in when he keeps him.

I slowly made my way to the other side of the room. It also had a giant portrait on the wall. It was a bunch of different shapes and colors that somehow made the shape of two fists.

A punching bag, treadmill, and other exercising machines were spread out on this half of the room. A mini fridge was also in the corner of the room, probably filled with Gatorade so when he works out.

I picked up a needle that was sitting on a table. I examined the needle, and it seemed as if it was unused, but it has something white in it.

"Majesty!" His raspy voice echoed throughout the large condo.

I dropped the needle and hurried up the stairs. To my luck, he wasn't in his bedroom so I was able to close the floor board and hop back in bed.

My heart was beating so fast and hard, I thought he would realize that I'm faking my sleep.

I felt his side of the bed go down before his arms wrapped around my waist, pulling me closer to his body.

"I know you're not sleep."

• • •

Lowkey hate this chapter. It's bleh.

Hmm, what do we think about Alex though? 🤔

Questions? Concerns?

Comment & vote. 💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.4M 205K 22
It's not everyday that you get asked by a multi-billionaire man to marry his son. One day when Abrielle Caldwell was having the worst day of her life...
12.8K 402 26
(COMPLETE) Laila 16 her birthday in 2 months and she meets this boy name Jalen that's 22 she gets caught and has to move out because her ma don't al...
3.3M 120K 61
πšˆπ™Ύπš„'πšπ™΄ π™Όπšˆ πš‚π™°π™»πš…π™°π™Άπ™΄, πšˆπ™Ύπš„'πšπ™΄ π™Όπšˆ 𝙱𝙰𝙻𝙰𝙽𝙲𝙴
3M 76.1K 60
Caira is a young confused female. It's always been her mother and her ever since she could remember. When this dude new Gerald with come along with h...