Tokyo Ghoul One-Shots (Variou...

By spicynishiki

A collection of Tokyo Ghoul One-Shots ^^ *All characters (apart from my OC's) belong to Sui Ishida and the T... More

Author's first note
Exam Stress (Nishiki)
PRESS START (Hide)
Bookmarks (Kuro!Kaneki)
Rescue (Yomo)
An Unexpected Appearance (Ayato)
Inspiration (Uta)
Morals (Young Arima)
The Anteiku Appointment
Confrontation (Amon)
Pick-Pocket (Juuzou)
Invitation (Tsukiyama)
Study Notes (Kuro!Kaneki)
Waiter (Nishiki)
Not the author's first note
Fragments (Yomo)
Movie Tickets and Jealousy (Uta)
Clashing Associates (Amon)
Confession (Hide)
Gratitude (Young Tsukiyama)
Tea (Arima)
Just a couple updates and shit
Lens (Juuzou)
Secret (Yomo)
Tone of Voice (Kuro!Kaneki)
Medicine (Hide)
On Impulse (Uta)
I'm Done.
Convenience (Mutsuki)
It's Not a Date (Nishiki)
Thank You.

Memories (Ayato)

8.8K 181 21
By spicynishiki

"Don't worry, my dears. I'm sure he will return, but for now, stay here with us."

"..."

"Yes, we have a spare room upstairs next to Y/N's room."

You walked up to them, holding their hands.

"We're here together! You two are now my siblings!" They smiled at your comment.

"..."

"..."

~~

Allowing the stars to light your path, you walked through the back-alleys of Tokyo. You would often find yourself walking these routes, as they were fortunately the unknown shortcuts of the city. However, because of how little they were used streetlights were a rarity seen in them.

You kicked your boots into all the puddles reflecting the night sky as you aimlessly trudged around. The biting water splashed onto your legs- but you didn't care. As it got later, it got colder. You pulled up your red woolen scarf to cover your face- the scent of a blotted out childhood still lingering through the threads. Despite the coverage, you could still see your breath floating away.

You had no plan to go anywhere- this night and every night. After leaving school, you quickly realised you had no ambitions for life. All of your friends had abandoned you to follow their own dreams, and you sometimes wished you could tag along. Following somebody still meant going somewhere. The light at the end of your tunnel had yet to be lit. Your only 'goal' was to live, and on some days even that seemed impossible.

Your stomach growled with emptiness from the lack of food you had ate. Although you were a ghoul who would regularly eat, you lacked the desire to be bothered to hunt. Still, it had only been a couple of weeks since your last meal.

The end of an alley was in your sights. You continued to walk out and were soon stood in a desolate city street. Cars didn't drive around. The constant conversations were absent. Street lamps flickered light at stone floors. All life in Tokyo had seemed to cease at such a time.

Taking this opportunity, you decided to finally listen to your stomach and hunt down anybody that was out. Anybody would do. Your hand reached into your pocket and pulled out a silver phone. Dozens of ageing phone charms swung against you hand as you turned the device on. The tune of the starting music sent nostalgia rippling through your body whilst you waited. Finally, the lock-screen appeared. It was the default picture that you get when you buy the phone 6 years ago, and you hadn't changed it in years. You checked the battery, and saw that it was clinging on for dear life at 11%. You decided to keep it on in case of a miraculous phone call.

You continued your idle journey around the desolated streets of the city. Despite Tokyo being big, you had managed to memorize most of it- the streets, the alleys, the parks. As you walked, a sweet scent crept through your scarf and into your nose. It instantly caught your attention. That smell. Your stomach growled at the satisfaction, it yearned it for it. You began to follow it, your mouth beginning to water.

Walking. Running. Sprinting. You longed to know where it was coming from. You hadn't felt this desperate for a meal for so long. It had began to possess your thoughts; it was all you could think of. Your feet moved involuntarily to the source.

It was there. A silhouette was seen in the middle of the pavement meters away from you. Red liquid was oozing from it. You eyes widened at the body and scent. However, it wasn't just you eyeing it. Another body was crouching over it, looking down. You breathed in deeply. You could see clearly their kagune was out- a fiery red and blue ukaku. Your bikaku was no match for it.

You decided to stay quiet, making sure the ghoul in front of you couldn't hear you. Holding your breath, you suddenly heard a loud beep. Your phone was signalling to you that it was going to die- as were you. The crouching figure turned around, looking directly at you. You audibly gasped. Their kakugans were shining a bright red. Your body froze in place with fear. They began to stand up. You couldn't move. The shock and panic had taken over. No longer could you smell the body and your legs became numb. They stood there, readying themself.

You began to feel your legs again, and you immediately ran. Your lack of energy caused you to be slow. The footsteps of the ghoul were becoming faster and louder. Ukaku shards flew past the corners of your eye. You didn't have enough energy to release your kagune- even if you could, the ghoul seemed a lot stronger.

You continued to run, mapping the city in your head about where to go. The ghoul didn't give up. Through your panicked state, you hadn't realised until a few seconds later a sharp pain in between your shoulder blades. A shard had hit you. You fell to the ground, screaming in pain. As you lay there, the ghoul had caught up, and was looking down at you. They wore a black pointed mask that covered their mouth and nose. Blue hair almost covered his eyes.

"Slow, aren't we?" He mocked. The pain in your back was killing you. Your eyes changed from the panic and terror. "Oh, a ghoul? You're pretty weak." He put his finger on your face, moving it close to your eye. Through the fear, you felt a strange feeling of familiarity. The blue hair caught your eye. The tone of voice sounded similar to somebody. Suddenly, something clicked in your head. You lay still, shock from the sudden thought.

"A-"

"Don't speak." He almost shouted. You felt a strange feeling of calm, and ignored what he said.

"A...Ayato?" You whispered. He flinched, before grabbing you by the collar.

"How the hell do you-" He stopped mid-sentence. "Y-Y/N..." He let go of you abruptly. You hit the ground, the pain feeling slightly weaker. He froze, his eyes wide from confusion. Tears began to fall from his face. "I-I..." He couldn't speak. "I thought you were dead."

"I thought the same for you." He pulled out a hand, and helped you up. You both stood in awe. The tears didn't stop from him. He was shaking.

"I-I..." You walked over to him through his muttered words. You stood by him, and pulled him into you, hugging. He didn't hug back, but he put in head on your shoulder. He hadn't felt so much emotion at once in years. Tears fell from your face.

~~

"I want Papa..."

"Don't worry, my dears. I'm sure he will return, but for now, stay here with us." Your mother reassured the two. It was 11pm and the two siblings had knocked onto your house with news about their fathers' absence. He had not returned from finding food.

"Stay...here?" Ayato asked.

"Yes, we have a spare room upstairs next to Y/N's room."

You walked up to them, holding their hands.

"We're here together! You two are now my siblings!" They smiled at your comforting comment. Your age's had restricted you to understand the severity of the situation. The Kirishima siblings had been your closest neighbours for the past years. Their father was a kind man who brought up his children well.

"Thank you, Y/N-chan." Ayato said.

"I will protect you, Ayato." Touka put her free hand on his shoulder, in hope of calming his nerves.

--

"Mum?! Mum?!" You screamed, holding your mother's body. The blood poured from her entire body. You lightly shook her hoping she would wake up. Silence came from her limp body.

"Y/N-chan! We have to go!" Touka shouted at you, holding her brother's hand. She urged you to go.

"I can't leave her!" You shouted back, tears drowning you. "She's still alive!"

After a while of Touka and Ayato living with you, the street had started to become suspicious of your whole household. Their father had still not returned and people wanted to know why.

It was a late night when the investigators came. Your mother had to defend them off 1 to 3. It was a hopeless probability that didn't go to your favour.

They were ruthless. They attacked without mercy. You watched from a hidden spot in the house as they tore into her body. After leaving, they went to find Touka and Ayato. You cried.

She still wouldn't open her eyes. You began to lose hope.

"Go." You said to the siblings."Before they come back."

"You'll die!" Ayato shouted.

"Just go. I can't leave her."

"Y/N-"

"Ayato, we have to go!" Touka shouted, dragging him out of the house. He screamed your name. You listened as the shouts from them faded into the distance. Your mother was still in your arms, her eyes closed. You hugged her tightly for the rest of the night, until the investigators came back.

~~
You both stood without speaking a word, silently reminiscing the past. Ayato's tears had soaked through your scarf, but you didn't care. Nothing mattered around the small tranquility you were both experiencing. You embraced all of his warmth, all of the pain he had been suffering from. After a few minutes, he pulled back and stood in front of you.

"I'm sorry... that we left you back there." He looked down at the ground, tightly holding his mask. You took his hand, making him look up.

"Please don't apologise. I'm glad you're alive." His hands shook. You were amazed to see the ghoul who was willing to kill you burst into emotion.

"Y/N...why are you out this late?"  He asked.

"I...I don't have anything else to do." You answered quietly, as if you were ashamed. Ayato smiled, and put his other hand on top of yours.

"Come with me, Y/N, I can give you a home."
-------------------------------------------------------

Firstly, I would like to apologise for my lack of updating. Some shit has been happening that I've been dealing with and I hope you can understand. I'll be sure to update more, but it may be slightly delayed- especially since I starting school again in a couple of days. Rest assured, I will still update whenever I can. It may be quite quickly, or slowly.

Secondly, sorry if this OS is kinda...bad... because of the shit I haven't been very inspired. I was so happy with the whole story until I reached the ending when I just couldn't think. I hope you enjoyed it nonetheless though!

Thirdly, thank you all so much for 3k reads!! It's an absolutely insane number to think about!! All I can say is thank you all so much for the support I've gotten from all of you. I'm still not over that this has 3000+ reads- JFC!! <3

If you liked this OS, vote for it and/or follow me! I'd really appreciate it <3

~ spicynishiki

(p.s: how many of you have been playing Mystic Messenger?? Don't lie I know y'all are some thirsty ass weebs and I'm not denying I'm not one lmao. Who did you get/want for your route? I wanted Zen and I got him!!!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

100K 1.4K 21
A white-haired man come to Anteiku late at night. He has no family, no friends, no memories, no nothing. Kirishima Touka had given the responsibility...
6.5K 98 8
I love Tokyo Ghoul as much as anyone else but more than enough to dedicate some imagines to this masterpiece of a manga/anime. I'll literally write f...
106K 1.9K 37
Just a vast collection of my work. Title says it all. This is a one-shot collections of my Tokyo Ghoul x reader...so...yeah....enjoy!! Hope you like...
7.4K 158 17
Fanfiction~ (I do not own any Tokyo Ghoul original characters!) Kaneki x reader Enjoy!