love bug; joshler

By babyboyjish

josh has cancer. tyler is his new neighbor. More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
epilogue
new book!
THANK YOU!
20k!!!!
a/n + my ugli face!!
wHAT THE FUCK
new book!!

eight

7.8K 314 633
By babyboyjish

a/n: this is a longer chapter. so yeah. also don't start the song yet. i'll tell you when.

josh's pov
i wake up and the first thing i do is sigh. i decide to get out of bed and take a shower. i got turn on the shower and step in. the hot water calms down my nerves. yes i am fucking nervous to hang out with tyler. there's something about that boy that makes me want to know more about him. i think it's his quietness that intrigues me. i mean i haven't really heard him talk before. i wonder what he sounds like.

okay josh that's creepy, stop thinking about him.

i got out the shower and went back to my room. i made sure my blinds were down so tyler doesn't see me getting ready. i quickly put on a pair of boxers and stand in front of my closet. i have no clue what to wear. nothing too dressed up and nothing i would wear to chemo, even though a hoodie and sweatpants sound amazing.

i decide on some black skinny jeans, a random shirt, a jacket, lastly my snapback. i always wear hats because some of my
hair is still there, i'm just too lazy to shave it off.

i check the time and tyler should be here in ten minutes.

fuck.

•••

tyler's pov
i haven't slept at all. i am so nervous to hang out with josh. he seems nice, but what if he hates me? his face in general intimidates me, he's so hot.
i really need to get ready it's almost one.

i take a quick shower to try to calm my nerves but it didn't work. i'm still freaking the fuck out. i don't even know what to wear. i can't overdress, but i can't underdress either.
i chose my floral kimono because i literally had to be at josh's house in two minutes.

i run out the house and go straight to josh's house. i stand on his porch for a second and try to calm myself. once i get my breathing back to normal, i knock on the door.

that was a mistake.

josh opened the door right away and i couldn't breathe.

"hey tyler! you ready to go?"

FUCK HE'S SO GOOD LOOKING.

•••

josh's pov
i hear a little knock at the front door and i sigh, tyler's here. i'm so fucking nervous.

remember dun, don't embarrass yourself in front of a cute boy.

i open the door and my heart starts beating really fast. he just stands there. i don't even know what to say so i just blurt out something.

"hey tyler! you ready to go?" i blurt, he just nods and whispers a yes. i close the door and lead the way to my car.

the car ride was a little quiet at first so i decided music would be a whole lot better than silence.

"hey tyler do you want to play some music?" i ask while offering the aux cord. he simply nods his head.

start the song. it's
first day of my life by bright eyes

a slow song starts playing, i immediately know what it is.

"bright eyes! sick, i love them" i say. he starts to smile. god was it adorable.

"you know bright eyes?" he asks, i simply nod my head. his voice is a soft but a little raspy, cute.

what i planned to do with tyler was simply show him around, go to my favorite record shop, then take him out to eat. i don't really go out anymore since i was diagnosed, so this should be fun. right?

•••

we park the car and start walking around.

"so tyler, i really am sorry that you have to hang out with me. i'm not that entertaining." i said.

"it's ok, i'm no fun either. it's probably because i'm quiet and am horrible at keeping a conversation going." he said.

"well i don't know a lot about you, except that you have great taste in music." i beamed. he just nodded and gave me a small smile.

we continued to walk around in silence, luckily it wasn't an awkward silence, it felt ok. i led the way to roots records and opened the door for him.

"what a gentleman." he smirked. i started to feel heat rise in my cheeks. we walked in and started looking around. then out of nowhere my friend pete shows up, he works at the shop sometimes.

"hey dun! i haven't seen you here in a long time." pete beamed. "and who's this." he smirks gesturing toward tyler.

"hey pete, this is my new neighbor tyler." i said.

"hi tyler! i'm pete." he held out his hand for tyler to shake. tyler gave a small hello and shook his hand.

"tyler and i are gonna look around for a bit. i'll come say bye before we leave." i said, he just nodded and headed back to the register.

after another 10 minutes in the story tyler found a vinyl that he wanted. it was city and colour. i told him i would buy it but he kept telling me no.

"pete! tyler found a vinyl that he wants. get your ass out here and let me pay for it." i yelled at pete.

"alright i'm coming." pete yelled back. he came back to the register and told us the price. "okay dun that's gonna be $11.50" i handed pete the money while tyler stood there. pete handed me the bag.

"thanks pete, i'll see you later. say hi to patty for me!" i waved goodbye.

"josh you really didn't have to buy that for me." tyler said quietly, i handed him his bag and shrugged.

"really it's nothing." i beamed.

"thank you though." tyler said.

"don't worry about. you hungry? i'm starving." i said.

"i could eat." he said.

•••

tyler's pov
after the record shop, josh led me to a nice diner. it wasn't busy but kinda small and cozy, i like it.

"so tyler joseph tell me somethin' about yourself." josh said.

i looked up at him,
big mistake.
he looked me right in the eye and i gulped. god those eyes are the death of me, so is that damn smile.

"well um, there's not really nothing to know. i uh m-moved here from philadelphia, um i'm 17, i l-love music." why am i stuttering? c'mon tyler you got this. "as you know i can play the piano, but i also play the ukulele. sometimes i write songs and attempt to sing. personally i think it sounds like shit, but my mom likes it."

he just started at me and smiled. he gave me a small chuckle.

"okay well sorry about creeping and looking through your window. you play very well, actually you killed it. sorry for interrupting you my friend brendon called me. but c'mon tyler there's gotta be more than that to know." he said.

"huh not really, i live a boring life josh. what is there to know about you?" i said. i'm slowly starting to feel comfortable around him.

god josh's great.

a/n: this is a longer chapter because why not. the next chapter will continue from where they left off. thanks for 200+ reads and for voting.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 139 7
*trigger warning* tyler doesn't want his life anymore. he's had enough of being scared of his own thoughts. he hates himself. but josh loves him. ca...
414 10 1
i do not own this, all credits the the owner. if you're easily triggered, please don't read this. if you're not, hope you enjoy reading this!
3.9K 306 21
"i'd rather be broken with josh by my side than be perfectly normal without him on my last day alive." where tyler has cancer, and josh has the heart...
10 0 6
a new start is just what tyler needs after josh's death. he isn't expecting josh to show up again after dying, though.